Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,562 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? (23224 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year / Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Gbawe: 1:49am On Jan 04, 2012
alj_harem:

lol maybe he knows festus keyamo as well

grin grin grin grin grin Indeed - and Keyamo is a fervent secessionist who confesses to Beaf privately of wanting to see Nigeria separate also.   grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Beaf: 1:50am On Jan 04, 2012
@Gbawe
Keyamo is asking for evidence that he can take to court. He did not ask for retarded dolts to take to the streets, neither did he make a single inflamatory or hypocritical statement like your useless shiit called Aregbesola.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by sheyguy: 1:52am On Jan 04, 2012
@BEAF dont forget there was no oil in pre-1960s when we all depended on money from tin minning in jos, plateau state. Whenever there was oil polution in the waters of ND and they had no source of livelihood they enjoyed benefits from the tin money without complain.
Dont also forget the days of agriculture were certain percentage of the regional procedes went back to the regions, if Gej and his brothers feel they deserve more why not increase the 13% derivation they are getting like OBJ did when he took it from 3 to 13%.
Why is it always the SS/SE causing problems when it comes to benefits and resources control. Dont forget everybody was allowed to work in the mines of jos, in agriculture the west contributed very large amount compared to others but there was no noise from their angle.
The ss/se has always produced the most lazy set of pple mentally, look @ all their freedom fighters/top men and it is easy to see: Tom polo, Gen Togo, Asari Dokubo, beaf and co on NL, Okah, Alams, Sylva, Gej, Dame, Dickson.
Beaf, i am eagerly waiting if u r man enuf to reply me . . . .

It seems u av no answer for me, i will take that to mean u av realized your mistakes by starting this thread and u av decided to humble urself . . . . At least for the 1st time ever. . . . .lol

? ? ? ?
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Beaf: 1:52am On Jan 04, 2012
^
I have deliberately ignored your post, because it is not only bigotted (confirming the reason for this article), it is also totally false and id!otic.

alj_harem:

Is that not what Falana told Iweala and co at the open meeting on channels. Why have they not done that yet before the removal ?

care to answer

Falana told Iweala and co that they should hit the streets. You are a real donkey.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nobody: 1:53am On Jan 04, 2012
Beaf:

^
Yeah, I can point out his family compound. Die if you like.

I 100% agree with the above.

If anybody is suggesting riots and burning for the purpose of reducing the salaries of NASS members; then I am all for it. We have been taken for a ride for too long by a group of overpaid loafers, who know more about corruption than how to legislate progress.

Hitting the streets to force through a change in the constitution that will bring about smaller govt also has my support.

It is just a lot easier for your boss to put the squeeze on the Nigerian people than to confront the armed robbers operating right in front of his face!
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by 2mch(m): 1:57am On Jan 04, 2012
It is good to see Beaf desperate and grasp at straws to the extent of insulting Yoruba's who fought for his meek boss to even get the presidency. These meek chaps. I thought before i was that Nigerians were too much of cowards to do anything. grin cheesy. The music is different. You left the previous thread to create a new one. grin.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Gbawe: 1:58am On Jan 04, 2012
Beaf:

Hitting the streets to force through a change in the constitution that will bring about smaller govt also has my support.

Who will do that when GEJ cannot lead by example in that respect? You and others spammed the forum shamelessly before the election telling us GEJ will show strenght once elected for 4 years. Now that this has happened, you are then putting the onus of change at the feet of Nigerians and inadvertently admitting that the man most empowered to lead by example in securing this change is not up to the job. What is the point of having a President when you will then ask the people to do everything? Did Amosun not write the Ogun State legislators to achieve the same thing i.e secure a change in the law to facilitate cuts in the salary of Government officials including himself? Keep shifting the goalposts. Nothing new here since we all know your shifty nature.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by PointB: 1:59am On Jan 04, 2012
I have personally spoken to my folks in the SE/SS to avoid being used by any political thug or oil majors in this stu.pid protest. I also personally believe that ignorant people are being misled into this stupi.dity of protest.

Oil majors and independent marketers will do whatever necessary to ensure the continuation of the free fund from the comfort of their homes. Let 'us' continue to watch fools humour us and them in the protest. RIP fallen one, but that's one wasted life and no hero in my opinion.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by sheyguy: 2:00am On Jan 04, 2012
@beaf, pls how is it bigoted and idiotic?
Pls i will like to know cos i am willing to accept my mistakes and move on if they exist at all.
Didn't mean to provoke u oh . . . . Pls 4give me if i av . . . . .lol
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Beaf: 2:01am On Jan 04, 2012
Aigbofa:

It is just a lot easier for your boss to put the squeeze on the Nigerian people than to confront the armed robbers operating right in front of his face!  

If it is easier for GEJ to remove the subsidy than for you to push for constructive changes in the constitution, then something is fundamentally wrong with your priorities.

You are one of those that rants about true federalism, yet here you are screaming for freebies. Under true federalism, the FG would have little say in the petroleum sector, talkless of handing out retarded subsidies. I have asked earlier, why don't we subsidise toilet roll or maybe things like wood, plates, spoons etc?
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Gbawe: 2:03am On Jan 04, 2012
Beaf:

@Gbawe
Keyamo is asking for evidence that he can take to court. He did not ask for slow dolts to take to the streets, neither did he make a single inflamatory or hypocritical statement like your useless shiit called Aregbesola.

Why are you so dishonest. You are the only "slow dolt" here for not reading and comprehending everything Keyamo said in that article. I have always insisted you are dull and that your brain is addled by the comprehension deficit you suffer from. Once again you prove those things.

We have a right to protest peacefully and we should continue to do so until this policy is reversed.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nobody: 2:05am On Jan 04, 2012
Beaf:

If it is easier for GEJ to remove the subsidy than for you to push for constructive changes in the constitution, then something is fundamentally wrong with your priorities.

You are one of those that rants about true federalism, yet here you are screaming for freebies. Under true federalism, the FG would have little say in the petroleum sector, talkless of handing out slow subsidies. I have asked earlier, why don't we subsidise toilet roll or maybe things like wood, plates, spoons etc?

I'm not asking for freebies, I just don't think it is right to ask Nigerians to make repeated sacrifices while our leaders revel in glutttony.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nobody: 2:06am On Jan 04, 2012
Triming the cabinet will be a good start!

e.g. why do we have Commerce and Industry Minister, Minister for Agric, Minister for Water all exiting differently?

One Business Minister can cater for all these ministries. Thats just a thought.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Beaf: 2:10am On Jan 04, 2012
Gbawe:

Who will do that when GEJ cannot lead by example in that respect? You and others spammed the forum shamelessly before the election telling us GEJ will show strenght once elected for 4 years. Now that this has happened, you are then putting the onus of change at the feet of Nigerians and inadvertently admitting that the man most empowered to lead by example in securing this change is not up to the job. What is the point of having a President when you will then ask the people to do everything? Did Amosun not write the Ogun State legislators to achieve the same thing i.e secure a change in the law to facilitate cuts in the salary of Government officials including himself? Keep shifting the goalposts. Nothing new here since we all know your shifty nature.

Dude, buy a hyena and take to clowning along with your "owners of Nigeria." You will be met.
It is stup!d to compare Amosuns writing his reps to something as monumental as changing the constitution, it just goes to show your market womans grasp of higher issues. An absolute disgrace.
If you think you have no stake in the constitution and need to be spoonfed, then it is safe to say you are hopelessly lost.

Since GEJ's advent, he has repeatedly cut the budget for the executive and the NASS. Only a dolt with a bigotted sense of reality like yourself and your "owners of Nigeria" would claim ignorance to the friction that caused.

Dude, get out on the streets and carry out your sectional "revolution," we will be watching it on TV and some will be writing Nollywood scripts around your bigotted id!ocy.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem3: 2:11am On Jan 04, 2012
Beaf:

Falana told Iweala and co that they should hit the streets. You are a real donkey.

You are a real goat. Is that not part of the reason why we are protesting ?

WE TOLD THE GOVERNMENT TO DO THE FOLLOWING OR ELSE WE WOULD PROTEST. IT WAS CLEAR FROM THE BEGINNING. angry

1. Reduce the cost of governance from 70 % of our revenue to about 10 %

2. Build our refinaries

3. The remove the gaddamn subsidy and let the cost of petrol reach 1000 naira per liter we don't care
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Beaf: 2:14am On Jan 04, 2012
alj_harem:

You are a real goat. Is that not part of the reason why we are protesting ?

WE TOLD THE GOVERNMENT TO DO THE FOLLOWING OR ELSE WE WOULD PROTEST. IT WAS CLEAR FROM THE BEGINNING. angry

1. Reduce the cost of governance from 70 % of our revenue to about 10 %

2. Build our refinaries

3. The remove the gaddamn subsidy and let the cost of petrol reach 1000 naira per liter we don't care

The FG has no business building refineries. Get used to it.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Katsumoto: 2:15am On Jan 04, 2012
Beaf:

Water is also a "gift of nature/the Almighty," should we not be out there protesting for it to be subsidised? Should we not do the same for sand? Both these things cost the average Nigerian a pretty penny.
The fact that some of the protesters are in jobs or run businesses does not mean they are not mentally lazy and unimaginative. Even Palestine, locked down as it is, is making strides in science and tech through private companies. Whereas, our fellow Nigerians are demonstrating for freebies! Yet, for all their suits and ties, have no enterprises worth showing to the outside World. The demonstration is almost like blackmail or armed robbery.
Something drastic needs to be done to jerk their dormant brains into action.

More than anything, politicians from sections of the country have seized on the mental laziness of the average person to move the country to the brink. It is not surprising that few of these freebie loving troublemakers have never suffered oil polluted foul smelling tap water. They are only there for the freebies, leading their blind people to the precipice.

So, we are back to the FG doing every little thing for us? Like I said earlier, in our skewed thinking, our governors and LG chairmen were elected for nothing. In other countries, representatives of the people go crazy to ensure that their electorate gets every benefit accruing to them. Our 100% reliance on the FG is a sorry hangover from military dictatorship times, we have been so traumatised that the average Nigerian cannot differenciate between left and right; a confused people, living in chaos.

The system of government in Nigeria is centralised and as such, Nigerians, regardless of region of origin, have a right to protest with regards to the resources that are found within the country. That can only change with Nigeria being broken into different countries or the implementation of federalism or confederationism. Looking at the price of petrol in other producing countries, one would observe that the price in Nigeria is very high.
Nigeria - 95 cents, Kuwait - 23 cents, Saudi - 16, Ecuador - 53 cents, Algeria - 32 cents, Venezuela - 2 cents, Iran - 10 cents

It is the function of governments to create enabling environments. Take a look at what the governments of the tiger economies did. Do you think Singapore, Korea, Vietnam became transformed without government intervention? So far, Nigerian governments have done nada and people have to make do with the current uninspiring environment. I myself have issues with the get rich at all cost mentality of Nigerians but that is for another debate. As far as this debate is concerned, people are demonstrating not because they are lazy but because they know the government can do better. For one, the govt can trim the useless fat it carries. Why should a senator be earning $1.2m when the president of the US earns approx $400k? The government is complicit in the smuggling of products through its incompetence and greed. The government is not doing anything to reduce the cost of government not tackle corruption but it is willing to increase the cost of living of the average Nigerian.

Nigerians don't need the government to give them handouts, they need the government to provide the necessary infrastructure to enable wealth creation. It is not a coincidence that the richest Nigerians are those who have served Nigeria in one capacity or their friends and proxies. How can people be creative when there is no light, when they have no food in the belly, when they spend a high amount of their time chasing basic necesities?

With all these debates with regards to the subsidy, I am yet to read of the economic effects of the removal. When I have some time on my hands, I will start a thread on that very subject.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem3: 2:20am On Jan 04, 2012
Beaf:

funny man

Then what is the FG doing sef. I want to know

the FG does not repair or build roads

the Fg does not build hospitals or give free health services

the fg does not build schools or give free education

the fg does not subsidise our food

the fg does not subsidise our clothing, transportation, etc you name it

Now the question is what is the FG for ? since we pay 70 % of our yearly revenue to FG, government officials and legislators.  

What is the FG meant for please I would like to know.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Beaf: 2:38am On Jan 04, 2012
^
If you don't know, then you really shouldn't be in the politics section. That question is foolish.

Katsumoto:

The system of government in Nigeria is centralised and as such, Nigerians, regardless of region of origin, have a right to protest with regards to the resources that are found within the country. That can only change with Nigeria being broken into different countries or the implementation of federalism or confederationism. Looking at the price of petrol in other producing countries, one would observe that the price in Nigeria is very high.
Nigeria - 95 cents, Kuwait - 23 cents, Saudi - 16, Ecuador - 53 cents, Algeria - 32 cents, Venezuela - 2 cents, Iran - 10 cents

Your arguments don't wash. We have always clamoured for decentralised govt, which is what GEJ is bent on delivering, so why don't we support him? For us to become a productive country, govt must be decentralised and letting go of huge chunks of the petroleum sector is a major part of that. NNPC is also slated for demolishing, I would expect all thinkers and progressives to shout hurrah. Instead, we have protests driven by sectional interests; they will falter and fail.
Why would anybody fight a govt that is intent on decentralicing and fulfilling our dreams, if not for ulterior motives?

As for the countries you listed, isn't it glaring that exactly NONE is developed and most are crackpot? Those are not countries Nigeria should look up to; we should compare ourselves to oil producers in the developed World, all of whom tax fuel for consumption; China, UK, USA, Norway etc.

Katsumoto:

It is the function of governments to create enabling environments. Take a look at what the governments of the tiger economies did. Do you think Singapore, Korea, Vietnam became transformed without government intervention? So far, Nigerian governments have done nada and people have to make do with the current uninspiring environment. I myself have issues with the get rich at all cost mentality of Nigerians but that is for another debate. As far as this debate is concerned, people are demonstrating not because they are lazy but because they know the government can do better. For one, the govt can trim the useless fat it carries. Why should a senator be earning $1.2m when the president of the US earns approx $400k? The government is complicit in the smuggling of products through its incompetence and greed. The government is not doing anything to reduce the cost of government not tackle corruption but it is willing to increase the cost of living of the average Nigerian.

Nigerians don't need the government to give them handouts, they need the government to provide the necessary infrastructure to enable wealth creation. It is not a coincidence that the richest Nigerians are those who have served Nigeria in one capacity or their friends and proxies. How can people be creative when there is no light, when they have no food in the belly, when they spend a high amount of their time chasing basic necesities?

With all these debates with regards to the subsidy, I am yet to read of the economic effects of the removal. When I have some time on my hands, I will start a thread on that very subject.

I agree with most of what you have said above. One important aspect you lefft out is that govt also needs to create an enabling environment for itself before it can even begin to hit the lower echelons of any perormance index.
In the Nigerian context, govt needs to rid itself of concentrations of revenue for distribution. Such concentrations of wealth, lead only to ugliness, the consequences of ingraned corruption, lack of creativity and inefficiency which you and I are all to aware of. The most obvious candidate for disposal, is the petroleum sector. The process of the FG's deregulation of of that sector is bound to be painful, but the long term benefits are too good to lose sight off.

Another aspect you have neglected, is the place of the LG and state in creating enabling environments, creating wealth and opportunity and hope for future generations. There is nothing whatsoever stopping them from doing this and they are directly responsible for the people, so why are we not we carrying out revolutions against them, if not a total ignorance of national governmental hierachy?
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Johndoe100(m): 2:39am On Jan 04, 2012
alj_harem:

funny man

Then what is the FG doing sef. I want to know

the FG does not repair or build roads

the Fg does not build hospitals or give free health services

the fg does not build schools or give free education

the fg does not subsidise our food

the fg does not subsidise our clothing, transportation, etc you name it

Now the question is what is the FG for ? since we pay 70 % of our yearly revenue to FG, government officials and legislators.  

What is the FG meant for please I would like to know.

Good question.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Katsumoto: 2:41am On Jan 04, 2012
Beaf:

The FG is either supposed to build infrastructure or provide an enabling climate where investors can step in. In any case this decision is based on the political ideology of the ruling government. It is either capitalistic, socialist, state capitalistic, liberal, communist, or centrist. Regardless of what form of ideology is in existence, it the the function of governments to provide basic amenities. At the point, what is the political ideology of Nigeria's PDP-led government? It appears to be indeterminate.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nobody: 2:49am On Jan 04, 2012
Katsumoto:

The FG is either supposed to build infrastructure or provide an enabling climate where investors can step in. In any case this decision is based on the political ideology of the ruling government. It is either capitalistic, socialist, state capitalistic, liberal, communist, or centrist. Regardless of what form of ideology is in existence, it the the function of governments to provide basic amenities. At the point, what is the political ideology of Nigeria's PDP-led government? It appears to be indeterminate.

Here lies the tragedy, I guess they answered that question with bags of thailand rice during the elections.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Beaf: 2:55am On Jan 04, 2012
Katsumoto:

It is an anomaly for govt to build refineries, that is strictly a task for the private sector. What govt should do is give tax breaks and other incentives to refinery builders for a number of years. Govt can also part finance the construction of private refineries or purchase non-controlling shares.

Govt should only take over refineries in times of war or other crisis.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Katsumoto: 3:04am On Jan 04, 2012
Beaf:

^
If you don't know, then you really shouldn't be in the politics section. That question is foolish.

Your arguments don't wash. We have always clamoured for decentralised govt, which is what GEJ is bent on delivering, so why don't we support him? For us to become a productive country, govt must be decentralised and letting go of huge chunks of the petroleum sector is a major part of that. NNPC is also slated for demolishing, I would expect all thinkers and progressives to shout hurrah. Instead, we have protests driven by sectional interests; they will falter and fail.
Why would anybody fight a govt that is intent on decentralicing and fulfilling our dreams, if not for ulterior motives?

As for the countries you listed, isn't it glaring that exactly NONE is developed and most are crackpot? Those are not countries Nigeria should look up to; we should compare ourselves to oil producers in the developed World, all of whom tax fuel for consumption; China, UK, USA, Norway etc.

Shouldn't tax be commensurate with earnings? When the average Nigerians start to earn more, then the government should reserve the right to tax them more. In the current dispensation, the people earn so less that it would be futile to ask them to pay the same price for fuel as paid in China, UK, USA, Norway, etc Besides, the whole purpose of taxation is to find a shortfall between revenues and expenditure. It is not compulsory for a government to tax its citizens. Not all taxes are payable across board in the US. There are states that have no sales tax for instance such as Pennslvania. Before the Nigerian government taxes its citizens, it must give account of the revenues it receives.

You have agreed that the average Nigerian will be affected by these subsidy removal, why then should you label the protests as sectional? Unless you can prove that it is only non-ND people that are protesting, that charge is without foundation.

Beaf:

^
I agree with most of what you have said above. One important aspect you lefft out is that govt also needs to create an enabling environment for itself before it can even begin to hit the lower echelons of any perormance index.
In the Nigerian context, govt needs to rid itself of concentrations of revenue for distribution. Such concentrations of wealth, lead only to ugliness, the consequences of ingraned corruption, lack of creativity and inefficiency which you and I are all to aware of. The most obvious candidate for disposal, is the petroleum sector. The process of the FG's deregulation of of that sector is bound to be painful, but the long term benefits are too good to lose sight off.

Another aspect you have neglected, is the place of the LG and state in creating enabling environments, creating wealth and opportunity and hope for future generations. There is nothing whatsoever stopping them from doing this and they are directly responsible for the people, so why are we not we carrying out revolutions against them, if not a total ignorance of national governmental hierachy?

A few points

1. The current government hasn't done much to reduce corruption; corruption is still rampant in Nigeria. How many looters have been imprisoned since GEJ came to power? Paying lip service to an issue is not the same as tackling the issue. When the government gets serious with corruption, it would be taken more seriously.
2. State governors and LG chairmen all belong to the same group. The power at the centre influences the selection of those individuals. Most can remember how OBJ gave the SW of Nigeria the most despicable and corrupt governors or how OBJ with his goons kidnapped the governor of Anambra.
3. I agree that Nigerians should hold their representatives more accountable and shouldn't be protesting just subsidy removal.
4. In a thread yesterday, you stated that Nigerian petrol was being smuggled to other w.african countries. But not one custom comptroller has been fired for incompetence. Shouldn't the govt be tackling the easy issues first before taking difficult decisions?
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Katsumoto: 3:12am On Jan 04, 2012
Beaf:

It is an anomaly for govt to build refineries, that is strictly a task for the private sector. What govt should do is give tax breaks and other incentives to refinery builders for a number of years. Govt can also part finance the construction of private refineries or purchase non-controlling shares.

Govt should only take over refineries in times of war or other crisis.

I repeat, government expenditure is based on ideology. State capitalist countries such as China and Brazil are building refineries; liberal countries such as Canada and Argentina are giving incentives for private investment in refineries. Socialist countries such as Venezuela are taking over refineries. Most refineries in middle east kingdoms are built by the govts of those countries. There is no rule on who should build a refinery. I ask again, what is the political ideology of the PDP that is influencing the shape and structure of its policies? Apart from paying the fat salaries of legislators and elected officials, what happened to the $60 billion Nigeria earned last year?
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem3: 3:22am On Jan 04, 2012
Beaf:

^

Please I know it is a foolish question according to you but please tell us what we BENEFIT from the FG then. I would really really love if you educate an ignorant person like me. THANKS.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nobody: 3:37am On Jan 04, 2012
Make una no kill this Beaf ke! grin shocked grin
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem3: 3:39am On Jan 04, 2012
ilugunboy:

Make una no kill this Beaf ke! grin shocked grin

Kill ke grin, as you can see. Beaf does not know what the FG is doing for us again in Nigeria.

I mean he can't even answer the question without looking like and uncultured tout.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Beaf: 3:43am On Jan 04, 2012
Katsumoto:

I repeat, government expenditure is based on ideology. State capitalist countries such as China and Brazil are building refineries; liberal countries such as Canada and Argentina are giving incentives for private investment. Socialist countries such as Venezuela are taking over refineries. Most refineries in middle east kingdoms are built by the countries. There is no rule on who should build a refinery. I ask again, what is the political ideology of the PDP that is influencing the shape and structure of its policies? Apart from paying the fat salaries of legislators and elected officials, what happened to the $60 billion Nigeria earned last year?

First of all, no political party in Nigeria has an ideology, whether ACN. APGA, ANPP, CPC or PDP; they all ol boy institutions for grabbing power at the centre and stealing our eyes blue. And that is the lamentable state of things the current govt has inherited.

However, GEJ does have an ideology. It is one which drives both himself and his govt; it is that ideology that influenced the selection of Okonjo Iweala.
GEJ is a capitalist to the core. For the first time in our history, all govt policies are focussed on enterprise, from foreign policy to the way the oil sector is shaped. Every last part of govt is set to be streamlined for efficiency.
After this subsidy brouhaha, comes intensive public service reform, the death of NNPC, the death of PHCN, the death of the land use decree etc (all of this should happen this year); we are in for a ride on the path to productivity, instead of the current indolence. It is a future of progress.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem3: 3:45am On Jan 04, 2012
Beaf:

First of all, no political party in Nigeria has an ideology, whether ACN. APGA, ANPP, CPC or PDP; they all ol boy institutions for grabbing power at the centre and stealing our eyes blue. And that is the lamentable state of things the current govt has inherited.

However, GEJ does have an ideology. It is one which drives both himself and his govt; it is that ideology that influenced the selection of Okonjo Iweala.
GEJ is a capitalist to the core. For the first time in our history, all govt policies are focussed on enterprise, from foreign policy to the way the oil sector is shaped. Every last part of govt is set to be streamlined for efficiency.
After this subsidy brouhaha, comes intensive public service reform, the death of NNPC, the death of PHCN, the death of the land use decree etc (all of this should happen this year); we are in for a ride on the path to productivity, instead of the current indolence. It is a future of progress.

Now that subsidy (which does not exist) has been removed, what benefit is the government giving us now ?
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nobody: 3:45am On Jan 04, 2012
Haj, . . . , haba the barrage of attacks and questions is getting rather too much on the poor dude  grin
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem3: 3:48am On Jan 04, 2012
ilugunboy:

Haj, . . . , haba the barrage of attacks and questions is getting rather too much on the poor dude  grin
grin
bro mi, na only one question i ask am and e they avoid am because he knows it would expose him as someone paid by GEJ.

the question is, What benefit are we getting from the FG now ?

abi that one too much for him ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

South-West Governors And Miyetti Allah Ban Open Grazing After Meeting / Simon Ekpa: IPOB Members Are Stark Illiterates, Nomadic Biafrans Without Brains / Did Kaduna Tribunal Sack Uba Sani? (Fact Check)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.