Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,549 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? (23223 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year / Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by peckhamboi: 9:41am On Jan 04, 2012
Niger Delta ex-militants on Tuesday blocked the Bomadi Junction, a section of the East-West Road in Delta State to protest against President Goodluck Jonathan’s decision to remove fuel subsidy.

The ex-militants allegedly armed were said to have engaged the Joint Task Force in a gun battle that lasted for over an hour.

The protesters numbering over 300 were also said to have blocked the Warri-Port Harcourt Road, causing traffic gridlock and frustrating travellers.

http://www.punchng.com/news/ex-militants-confront-jtf-over-withdrawal/
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 04, 2012
@Beaf

Thanks for the thread. Niger Delta people are supra intelligent. We Niger Deltans feed all Nigerian States. They are our beggars, they can keep protesting to get free lunch from our stable of petroleum pot of soup. Cowards and bunch of persona non grata
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Slimsmith(m): 9:53am On Jan 04, 2012
the people of the south east are not protesting there because most dem are not living in the south east,they are in Lagos and they lead the protest yesterday.it is quite unfortunate dt someone should still be reasoning with his anus in nig now

Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by JamesDoe: 9:56am On Jan 04, 2012
peckhamboi:

Niger Delta  ex-militants on Tuesday blocked the Bomadi Junction, a section of the East-West Road in Delta State to protest against President Goodluck Jonathan’s decision to remove fuel subsidy.

The ex-militants allegedly armed were said to have engaged the  Joint Task Force  in a gun battle that lasted for over an hour.

The  protesters numbering over 300 were also said to have blocked the Warri-Port Harcourt Road, causing traffic gridlock and frustrating travellers.

There you have it.  When people say the OP is a thieving liar, he will come here with his forked tongue and try to deny it. See protests in Delta state. Liars like Reuben Abati and Reno Omokri will sell their family for a pot of soup.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by OmoTier1(m): 10:01am On Jan 04, 2012
LeoMax:

@Beaf

Thanks for the thread. Niger Delta people are supra intelligent. We Niger Deltans feed all Nigerian States. They are our beggars, they can keep protesting to get free lunch from our stable of petroleum pot of soup. Cowards and bunch of persona non grata
Simply put: COWARDICE, supra intelligent, feeding all Nigerian States,  yet the other day Northern transporters went on strike, there was barely any red tomatoes to buy in Warri, so much of you feed all Nigerian States.

Listen, 'm Niger Deltan myself, and we are ALL deceiving ourselves in that region with the exception of Edo State. If you do not know it, ND stand to suffer most from this policy than any other region! GEJ might be there for the next 3years at best, but does it bother you that ALL the projects GEJ is 'attempting' to do in the ND will take nothing less than 4years to complete; meaning the next president, if S/He plays same ethnic card (as the SS/SE are doing currently), will leave the projects abandoned!

Think One Nigeria, Think about your less privilaged neighbour
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by suia: 10:01am On Jan 04, 2012
well maybe they are busy! tongue
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by paragonpro: 10:02am On Jan 04, 2012
The OP and others are mixing things up. The protesters are protesting against increase in price of petrol and not anything to do with the price of crude. Even in other countries that do not have a drop of crude, there would be mayhem if the price of petrol is doubled unexpectedly overnight. If the UK government tries it the way Jonathan did it, it would be gone by the next day.

The fact that the people of the ND had not protested does not mean they will not, it is probably due to the fact that their leaders (civil rights leaders) are still on holidays and so there is no body to mobilize the people.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 04, 2012
@beaf
i pray you die of aids

Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by dmainboss: 10:02am On Jan 04, 2012
I Just spoke to a friend in PH this morning and asked him how the subsidy protest is going and he laughed and said, it is the poor guys in Lagos that are protesting. He said GEJ has empowered boys in ND and they dont have time for protest. He said the guy that used to paint his office and house told him he no longer has time for that because he now collects 150k monthly amnesty pay. He just came back from SA for training. Boys are smiling in Niger Delta and they dont have time for any yeye protest. It is time for the south west to fight it out. When Ojukwu was shouting his voice hoax over 40 years ago, they said he was a f00l. Some still come here and insult him.

Let them fight it out. It is their turn now. This is not the fight of the SE or SS. We are watching. When we see the terrain is clear, we will act. No more free beer. That era is gone. Boys are driving around with big machines in PH. No time for yeye protest.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by SoftTech: 10:06am On Jan 04, 2012
@Poster:     THAT IS TRIBALISM FOR YOU!
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 04, 2012
@ beaf
look at his face you fat a.s.s.hole
how old was he that he had to die for your greed
his blood is on your head beaf

you guys hounded a dying man out of aso rock and you think there is no retributive justice,
you will die miserable deaths monsters

Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 04, 2012
@ beaf
there is no peace for the wicked

Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by vedaxcool(m): 10:09am On Jan 04, 2012
The Op is a victim of Compulsive Obsessive Behaviour Disorder, so his not thinking right like Mrs His manhood lives on
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by dmainboss: 10:09am On Jan 04, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

Simply put: COWARDICE,  supra intelligent,  feeding all Nigerian States,   yet the other day Northern transporters went on strike, there was barely any red tomatoes to buy in Warri,  so much of you feed all Nigerian States.

Listen, 'm Niger Deltan myself,  and we are ALL deceiving ourselves in that region with the exception of Edo State. If you do not know it, ND stand to suffer most from this policy than any other region! GEJ might be there for the next 3years at best, but does it bother you that ALL the projects GEJ is 'attempting' to do in the ND will take nothing less than 4years to complete; meaning the next president, if S/He plays same ethnic card (as the SS/SE are doing currently), will leave the projects abandoned!

Think One Nigeria, Think about your less privilaged neighbour

Sorry You dont know what you are talking about. Niger Delta is under going the biggest transformation in the whole Nigeria right now. Both in terms of infrastruture and human capacity development. Do you know what is going on in akwa ibom and rivers? and the River Niger dredging project? you have no clue. By the tme GEJ is true, half the port activities in Lagos will be moved to ND. You certainly dont know whats coming
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by montelik(m): 10:12am On Jan 04, 2012
What type of question is this. Is this not still 9ja, land of tribalism and kinsman ship, just look at nairaland and you will see it at work. After all did Jona not claim 99.9% of d vote in d SW and SS. Why should anyone expect any real protest from there.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by dmainboss: 10:13am On Jan 04, 2012
peckhamboi:

Niger Delta  ex-militants on Tuesday blocked the Bomadi Junction, a section of the East-West Road in Delta State to protest against President Goodluck Jonathan’s decision to remove fuel subsidy.

The ex-militants allegedly armed were said to have engaged the  Joint Task Force  in a gun battle that lasted for over an hour.

The  protesters numbering over 300 were also said to have blocked the Warri-Port Harcourt Road, causing traffic gridlock and frustrating travellers.

[size=30pt]Funny propaganda. Nothing is happening in ND. Everyone is going about their normal business[/size]
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:13am On Jan 04, 2012
Cos we got money yall!!
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:14am On Jan 04, 2012
ehie:

@ beaf
there is no peace for the wicked

Do u have an attention deficit disorder? U keep posting pic of such a tragedy with out remorse or sense of dignity for the dead or his family. Is dat how desperate u people are dis dayz?

U should be asking for Justice for the poor guy not using a picture of his corpse to beg for petrol subsidies.  angry
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Konnektions146(m): 10:14am On Jan 04, 2012
no liver
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by ifyalways(f): 10:15am On Jan 04, 2012
I was in Owerri yesterday and think Easterners,as at yesterday are yet to join the protests cos most of them have gone back to their base(cities like lagos,abuja) while others are still stuck in the villas enjoying the holidays.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 04, 2012
so we should sweep it under the carpet eh?
no it will not happen
let them see what they have done
they are responsible, the boy was 23 years old
was he armed?

they will see and they should be held responsible because they are murderers
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 04, 2012
Mustafa Muyideen Mofoluwasho Opobiyi of Ilorin is believed to be the first victim in rolling nationwide protests over the lifting of petrol subsidies which are expected to bring higher prices for everything and hardship to Nigerian citizens.

Only days before, the 23 year old Opobiyi had completed his studies in computer training at Da’arul Salam Computer Training Institute of Information and Technology. He arrived in Abuja post-graduation for a short vacation but was shot down in cold blood by Nigerian police at a pro-subsidy protest in Ilorin, Kwara state by the Nigerian police.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by zinosleek(m): 10:18am On Jan 04, 2012
I have read some comments here castigating Mr Beef and I have watch Beef statement for sometime, he is one of the few reasonable people here.
Nigeria is just made up of some many educated illiterates, fuel subsidy only make some privilaged Nigerians richer from goverment spending, now the goverment want to use this money for the benefit of d masses in bringing development in various sectors of the economy,but you people don't want that, you prefer being loyal to your so called chairman dats is ripping u off,gaining from subsidy, sending his children abroad to sch while yours learn in sch lacking proper teaching amenities. WISE UP Nigerians
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by kimbaby: 10:19am On Jan 04, 2012
It's very obvious we want refineries and dev. For our people not silly protests, we have to give this govt at least a yr to see the benefits they claim we would get from this subsidy removal, if it is all woos then we can protest.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by dmainboss: 10:19am On Jan 04, 2012
[size=18pt]SW, NW, NE - Please give us subsidy, Pleeeeeeeeassssseeeee![/size]

Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by paragonpro: 10:21am On Jan 04, 2012
Beaf, it is unethical playing the ethnic card, it will only create animosity from other tribes.

Do you know the ethnic composition of the protesters in Lagos, Ibadan, Ilorin and Abuja? Or are you saying no body from the Niger Delta is among the protesters?

People are protesting on a personal basis, that is how the fuel increase will affect them, and not on tribal basis or because Jonathan is president
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by dmainboss: 10:22am On Jan 04, 2012
paragonpro:

Beaf, it is unethical playing the ethnic card, it will only create animosity from other tribes.

Do you know the ethnic composition of the protesters in Lagos, Ibadan, Ilorin and Abuja? Or are you saying no body from the Niger Delta is among the protesters?

People are protesting on a personal basis, that is how the fuel increase will affect them, and not on tribal basis or because Jonathan is president

[size=18pt]Read our lips. We do not care! We are not with you! We want out! Get the message?[/size]
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by crestbiz: 10:25am On Jan 04, 2012
Only an idiot will go out there and waste his/her life, even if you like protest from now till 2015, govt will not change their mind, so as an igbo business person leaving in SE, what i will do is just to transfer the burden of hike in price of fuel to my customers by increasing the price of my goods and i expect them to do same to their customers. for the working class person, ask for pay rise from the employers, and your employers know how to get their money increment  from their source, (don't pity them, is your right, give them reason - high price of  transportation).
in fact this a circle that if you follow this rule , the burden will still get to the government.  shocked
so knowing this why should i waste my time (which is money) to  walk under the sun in the name of protesting. grin
my dear be WISE cheesy

IF YOU LIKE YOU CAN CONTINUE PROTESTING, BUT PRAY THAT THE FATE OF THAT DEAD BOY SHOULD NOT MEET YOU ON THE PROTESTING GROUND AND THE HIGHEST YOUR PEOPLE WILL DO IS TO CALL YOU A FOOL AND BURY YOU. grin shocked

SO BYE. A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by crestbiz: 10:28am On Jan 04, 2012
Only an idiot will go out there and waste his/her life, even if you like protest from now till 2015, govt will not change their mind, so as an igbo business person leaving in SE, what i will do is just to transfer the burden of hike in price of fuel to my customers by increasing the price of my goods and i expect them to do same to their customers. for the working class person, ask for pay rise from the employers, and your employers know how to get their money increment  from their source, (don't pity them, is your right, give them reason - high price of  transportation).
in fact this a circle that if you follow this rule , the burden will still get to the government.  shocked
so knowing this why should i waste my time (which is money) to  walk under the sun in the name of protesting. grin
my dear be WISE cheesy

IF YOU LIKE YOU CAN CONTINUE PROTESTING, BUT PRAY THAT THE FATE OF THAT DEAD BOY SHOULD NOT MEET YOU ON THE PROTESTING GROUND AND THE HIGHEST YOUR PEOPLE WILL DO IS TO CALL YOU A FOOL AND BURY YOU. grin shocked

SO BYE. A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Micuilles: 10:30am On Jan 04, 2012
The S/s & East are not protesting because we know the truth. How can a bottle of water which is 7.5cl cost more than a liter of petrol? We are tired of paying rent of 200k for a bedroom flat, experiencing black outs & abject poverty while Nigeria subsidizes petrol which is used only by the rich. The money should be used to fix out roads, refineries, electricity, housing etc. which will in turn create jobs. We will endure buying petrol at 150 like other countries do, until our refineries are working, refining Petrol, kerosine & others, and then it is subsidized for far less than the N65 some idiots are fighting for. Wake up naija, this is the best move by fg for 20years coming. wink GEJ carry go,
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by OmoTier1(m): 10:32am On Jan 04, 2012
I hope the ND will not also join the NLC/TUC strike next week  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

dmainboss:

Sorry You dont know what you are talking about. Niger Delta is under going the biggest transformation in the whole Nigeria right now. Both in terms of infrastruture and human capacity development. Do you know what is going on in akwa ibom and rivers? and the River Niger dredging project? you have no clue. By the tme GEJ is true, half the port activities in Lagos will be moved to ND. You certainly dont know whats coming

I would not debate you here, 'cos this is not the appropriate thread. I know what I am talking about. The SE are more realistic with themselves than us ND. You mention Rivers and Akwa-Ibom, funny enough, the political instability in both states means it is unlikely that the tempo you talked about will live on. A case example is Cross-River state. Remember Donald duke and His visionary leadership? What has happened to Cross-Rivers under the present governor?

Let me leave it at that, I have the figures and facts of Akwa-Ibom like the back of psalms, and sorry, it's Economic hemorrhage more than anything else!
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by paragonpro: 10:34am On Jan 04, 2012
Dmainboss, what exactly are you saying? You want out of what? I hope you are not talking of succession, because the Niger delta cannot survive as an independent state. There are to many tribes and tribelets. That would be anarchy as I cannot imagine Ijaws and Itsekiris in a single state (alone) not to talk of a single country.

I am sure you that is talking do not have a drop of oil in your land. My own village has 13 oil wells - untapped, so I should want my village to be independent more than you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Shiites Suspend All Protests / South-West Governors And Miyetti Allah Ban Open Grazing After Meeting / Simon Ekpa: IPOB Members Are Stark Illiterates, Nomadic Biafrans Without Brains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.