Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,449 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? (18279 Views)

Poll: Would you date/marry a submissive man?

Yes, Of Course!: 30% (18 votes)
No: 38% (23 votes)
Depends on the situation: 31% (19 votes)
This poll has ended

Can You Date/ Marry A Lady That Smokes? / Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? / Why Do Men Want Submissive Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by victorian(f): 4:33pm On Jan 04, 2012
Definito! cheesy, of course. Dominating attitude pisses me off, most times.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by Jenifa1: 4:39pm On Jan 04, 2012
NO.

a partner should be your best friend. not your dominator.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by pendo89(f): 4:39pm On Jan 04, 2012
I prefer a man in control but not a control freak.
If am the one running the show all the time,It will drive passion/respect away.
A man who challenges me is the best and I respect him even more. I hate a man who agrees with everything I say.
A submissive man to me is one who treats me as his partner and is still able to be in charge and take the lead.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by Actionleap: 5:01pm On Jan 04, 2012
Being a husband to woman of this day is a full time job of balancing act. Hear them; we don't want a domineering man and we don't want a submissive man. Woman are attracted to domineering men and they try to "beat" them to submisiveness when they are settled already.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by modavi: 5:02pm On Jan 04, 2012
How can a man be submissive? D rule is "husbands love ur wives, wives submit to ur husbands"
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by CalienteMi: 5:12pm On Jan 04, 2012
modavi:

How can a man be submissive? D rule is "husbands love your wives, wives submit to your husbands"

Some of us aren't religious. You can do better than that. wink
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by Jenifa1: 5:14pm On Jan 04, 2012
Actionleap:

Being a husband to woman of this day is a full time job of balancing act. Hear them; we don't want a domineering man and we don't want a submissive man. Woman are attracted to domineering men and they try to "beat" them to submisiveness when they are settled already.

nobody wants a domineering or submissive partner.
you should try to be a "best friend" to your partner. not her" oga" or her "omo odo"
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by CalienteMi: 5:15pm On Jan 04, 2012
pendo89:

I prefer a man in control but not a control freak.
If am the one running the show all the time,It will drive passion/respect away.
A man who challenges me is the best and I respect him even more. I hate a man who agrees with everything I say.
A submissive man to me is one who treats me as his partner and is still able to be in charge and take the lead.

Excellente!   kiss kiss
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by Onyiip(f): 5:15pm On Jan 04, 2012
Hmmn. Im a stubborn child and if any submissive man comes near me, his life's goin 2be miserable n fustratin not because i wish 2 but because i cnt stand such
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by kokoye(m): 5:35pm On Jan 04, 2012
^^^

So, you are looking for a man who is also stubborn?? undecided

God help you both
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by Aluksboy(m): 5:52pm On Jan 04, 2012
There is no point arguing over this matter, The point is that "the action (submissive) is reciprocating", such that both parties have to be submissive to each other, that will make a better and happy home. Without a home there is no family.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by Toniah(f): 7:19pm On Jan 04, 2012
hey gys!my view on a submissive gy is 1 who agree easily 2 everything u do or should i say sm1 who succumb 2 d wills of odas.
Hmmm, i can date a submissive gy buh i can't marry 1,'cos i need a gy wif a lytl bit of madness, nt crazy or insane o, i mean wif action u knw.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by hamsky: 7:30pm On Jan 04, 2012
[size=15pt]^^^@Toniah: You be thief, lol[/size]
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by LesbianBoy(m): 7:42pm On Jan 04, 2012
*******doing a double U-turn off the thread******
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by lagtim(m): 8:10pm On Jan 04, 2012
why do people keep asking questions that do not have answers, like this one. you cant generalize for all men on this kind of issue: there is no homogeneity so how can there be a universal answer for such a question?
remeber submissiveness is not the only variable. have you considered money, or social class? which sometimes can shadow every other attribute an individual has?
Ask the ladies they ll tell you that as long as he s rich, they dont care,
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by Natasha2(f): 8:28pm On Jan 04, 2012
I can't believe some comments I'm reading here, so being submissive equals mumu?
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by AZeD1(m): 8:32pm On Jan 04, 2012
tithe:

@Poster, you are looking for a man you will use remote control on abi,

If you want such i will advice u go to akwa ibom or calabar there u will see a submitted submissive man.
You missed out bayelsa, thats where el retardo comes from,
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by netghost: 8:51pm On Jan 04, 2012
am always on top , like the missionary style grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by Starbaby1: 9:07pm On Jan 04, 2012
A lot of the opinions i'm hearin here is worrying. Especially does dat think submission means not having a say, does that mean that women who are traditionally obligated to submit do not have a say?

Personally i subscribe to the feminist ideology, no dat does not mean that i want to be in control for all you primitive males out it. Put simply, a woman will submit to her man and in return a man would submit to his woman, it's a too way thing! In the same way, as I strong female, I need a strong male who will stand equal to me and nurture my strength as I nurture his. it's a partnership (a concept most african guys seem to be unable to grasp!) smh.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by LaParisienne(f): 9:32pm On Jan 04, 2012
I don't want a completely submissive man aka MR NICE GUY. I want a MAN who strikes a balance between an alpha male and a beta male.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by Beync(f): 10:17pm On Jan 04, 2012
Being submissive can be relative. As in a man submiting to every whelm of his wife whether or not she make sense, NO. Man naturaly is the head and should take the lead, but considering not jus his own interest but that of his wife and others. woman should be submissive however, not blindly. she should support the man when he is making the right decision and should also speak up when he is about being unreseasonble.
Note that when it comes to s3x, both man and woman should be totally submisive to each other.
Also, in a situation where the man is a psycho, drunken bout or unreasonable in his ways, he is not espected to be in charge, he should be submissive.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by Toniah(f): 10:35pm On Jan 04, 2012
@hamsky aw i be thief?me talk my churchmind ni.
@natasha,its nt as if being submissive = mumu.u knw,smtyms its cute 2 submit 2 smfins buh it shld nt b ovadone, or else, there'l b problem
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by Nobody: 1:52am On Jan 05, 2012
Why would a woman want a submissive man?

I think very few women do, especially women that are domineering, feisty, power, ambitious and always like to take the lead. I have seen several relationships like that and it works perfectly. This woman I'm talking about is a Millionaire in Pounds Sterling and her husband is quite docile, more or less like a helper. The truth of the matter is that they LOVE each other and they do compliment each other greatly.

To summarise, it boils down to personalities.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by eatme: 2:21am On Jan 05, 2012
What's the difference between a submissive wife and a submissive husband? Why does the notion of a submissive husband bear negative connotation whereas a submissive wife is most men's dream? No wonder many of our women are in useless marriages!
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by 3ndy(f): 2:32am On Jan 05, 2012
This is a very interesting topic,
the man i'm dating and hopefully will marry
is a kind of both but recently is starting to become in-decipherable.
i mean when he still was courting me he was a lot sub-massive,
comprehensable, loving, dearing, caring,
but now that he's tasted d fruit he's become dominant
annoying, boring, stressfull,
i've been biting my tounge for long but i don't know how to make him understand i'm really not liking him this way,
he's always comparing me to other women, especially my sister,
while having XEX b4 he'd make me lots of compliments,
but now he remains quiet from beginning to the end,
and i don't even know when he reaches climax, he remains queit even then, i dunno what to do anymore, i ask him sometimes
what he'd like me to do but he gets angry and asks me, is this the kind of question to ask?? do what u want, now i dunno hw to be submassive but anytime i asks him to cool down a bit he'll get all offensive and run head over heels, and he definately knows i'm more educated than he is but he always want to prove me wrong, telling me don't argue over things i know, and i gently reply honey but it's wrong, this is how it goes!! and he'll insist he's right, now not to be offensive i mean i know a lot better so shut ur mouth and listen, (what i'd like to say) but no man likes being dominated by their wives/girl etc angry angry angry angry
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by InkedNerd(f): 2:36am On Jan 05, 2012
eatme:

What's the difference between a submissive wife and a submissive husband? Why does the notion of a submissive husband bear negative connotation whereas a submissive wife is most men's dream? No wonder many of our women are in useless marriages!

I'm glad you asked that because I was just about to say the same thing. Sadly, we live in a society where it is something that is expected of a woman to sheepishly follow a mean. I noticed tellwisdom said "you mean mugu??" which makes me wonder if he's referring to a submissive guy as a mugu then what is a submissive woman? It's usually goes back to notions of women being the "weaker" sëx thus making it socially acceptable for the perception that male dominance over a woman is acceptable.

3ndy:

comprehensable,  loving,  dearing,  caring,
i've been biting my tounge for long but i don't know how to make him understand i'm really not liking him this way,
he's always comparing me to other women,  especially my sister,
and i don't even know when he reaches climax,  he remains queit even then,  i dunno what to do anymore,  i ask him sometimes
what he'd like me to do but he gets angry and asks me,  is this the kind of question to ask?? do what u want,  now i dunno hw to be submassive but anytime i asks him to cool down a bit he'll get all offensive and run head over heels,  and he definately knows i'm more educated than he is but he always want to prove me wrong,  telling me don't argue over things i know,  and i gently reply honey but it's wrong,  this is how it goes!! and he'll insist he's right,  now not to be offensive i mean i know a lot better so shut your mouth and listen, (what i'd like to say) but no man likes being dominated by their wives/girl etc angry angry angry angry

My dear, please stop making excuses for this person you call a man. He is talking down to you but it appears that you are completely blinded by what you saw in the beginning. He is now showing you his true colors yet you're still accepting his behavior. Him speaking to you like that, is that any way for a man, partner, lover, boyfriend, etc. to speak to their partner? If he is acting this way now, please tell me why would you expect him to be any different if you two were to get married?
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by 3ndy(f): 2:49am On Jan 05, 2012
are u saying i should perhaps change as well??
i mean showing him the dark side of me??
or maybe go seperate ways??
coz i dunno if i love him anymore,
i mean b4 getting a kiss he waited 5 whole months,
and i'm sure he was faithfull coz he was with me day and night all these months
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by InkedNerd(f): 3:01am On Jan 05, 2012
3ndy:

are u saying i should perhaps change as well??
i mean showing him the dark side of me??
or maybe go seperate ways??
coz i dunno if i love him anymore,
i mean b4 getting a kiss he waited 5 whole months,
and i'm sure he was faithfull coz he was with me day and night all these months

I'm not saying you should change, I'm saying you need to leave this man!!! The mere fact that you've expressed your feelings and concerns with him only to be met with anger shows the kind of man that he is. Why would you subject yourself to that? Is it when he starts beating you that you'll realize what type of person he is? Faithful or not, is that any reason for him to speak to you like you're some dog? Lemme ask you something, if you were to compare him to other men, what kind of reaction would you be met with? If you flipped the script and did everything he does to you to him, what would his reaction be? Do you expect him ti change his behavior? Within no time, you will be a compliant punching bag for him? Also, why does he compare you to your sister?
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by eatme: 3:07am On Jan 05, 2012
3ndy:

comprehensable, loving, dearing, caring,
he's always comparing me to other women, especially my sister,
and i don't even know when he reaches climax, he remains queit even then, i dunno what to do anymore, i ask him sometimes
what he'd like me to do but he gets angry and asks me, is this the kind of question to ask?? do what u want, now i dunno hw to be submassive but anytime i asks him to cool down a bit he'll get all offensive and run head over heels, and he definately knows i'm more educated than he is but he always want to prove me wrong, telling me don't argue over things i know, and i gently reply honey but it's wrong, this is how it goes!! and he'll insist he's right, now not to be offensive i mean i know a lot better so shut your mouth and listen, (what i'd like to say) but no man likes being dominated by their wives/girl etc angry angry angry angry

And you hope to marry this man? Oga ooooo
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by 3ndy(f): 3:11am On Jan 05, 2012
i tried doing the same thing to him but we got into a fight, and repeatedly hurted ourselves,
now i'm the type of person that doesn't have the right words at the right moment,
i never know what to say to convey my feelings seriously so i just say the most hurtful words in my vocabulary
i questioned him once, i asked him if he likes her (my sister i mean) but he said he actually despise her not that much nut doesn't like her
and moreover i thnk he seeks of her approval, just like the same thing he does with my mum,
i mean for him they are the ideal of a lady but not me,
he doesn't even like my cooking, everyone likes my cooking but him,
and recently i'm feeling this pressure and i'm having less confidence in my skills and i0m becoming less good, i no more like what i prepare,
i dunno what to give him to eat, doesn't eat bread-- doesn't like eggs or pancakes, ok doesn't eat sugar.
preferes  my sisters beans, my mums soups, then what do i have left??
maybe i really should give up!!
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by 3ndy(f): 3:13am On Jan 05, 2012
eatme:

And you hope to marry this man? Oga ooooo
what can i do?? he's already gone to all the members of my family to present himself,
how can i let go now, hw can i face my family members??
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by InkedNerd(f): 3:21am On Jan 05, 2012
3ndy:

i tried doing the same thing to him but we got into a fight,  and repeatedly hurted ourselves,
now i'm the type of person that doesn't have the right words at the right moment,
i never know what to say to convey my feelings seriously so i just say the most hurtful words in my vocabulary
i questioned him once,  i asked him if he likes her (my sister i mean) but he said he actually despise her not that much nut doesn't like her
and moreover i thnk he seeks of her approval,  just like the same thing he does with my mum,
i mean for him they are the ideal of a lady but not me,
he doesn't even like my cooking,  everyone likes my cooking but him,
and recently i'm feeling this pressure and i'm having less confidence in my skills and i0m becoming less good,  i no more like what i prepare,
i dunno what to give him to eat,  doesn't eat bread-- doesn't like eggs or pancakes,  ok doesn't eat sugar.
preferes  my sisters beans,  my mums soups,  then what do i have left??
maybe i really should give up!!

LEAVE HIM
!!!! Are you waiting for him beat you black and blue till you realize that he's no good for you? What kind of example would you be setting if you ended up having kids with him? Please my sister, I'm begging you leave this man. He is slowly stripping you of all your worth!! What's truly sad and heart wrenching is that you see this happening and have done nothing about it. From one woman to another, please think about what this man is doing to you. Is this the kind of life you want all because you care about what others have to say?

3ndy:

what can i do?? he's already gone to all the members of my family to present himself,
how can i let go now,  hw can i face my family members??

What do you mean "What can I do?" Does he own you?!?!?! You mean to tell me that you'd endure a lifetime of ABUSE all because you don't want your family to know that the man is no good for you? Is that what you want? A life of pain?!?!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Do Some Guys Lie Just To Impress A Girl?! / Miss Ugly, Nairaland Edition. ELIMINATION ROUND1 / Tips On How To Kiss Your Partner!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.