Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,503 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

NLC / TUC Commence Strike January 9, 2012. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC / TUC Commence Strike January 9, 2012. (11327 Views)

NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund / We’ll Hold Buhari, APC To “3 Million Jobs A Year” Pledge – NLC, TUC / Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC / TUC Commence Strike January 9, 2012. by bayol2001: 11:10am On Jan 04, 2012
only if u guys knew the implication of subsidy removal, u all would probably join d protest, @65 naira, d was actually no subsidy, why was mr president so in a haste to remove d supposed subsidy?how much does nnpc sell the little petrol we produce??one thing u should all knw is that if we accept 141 naira per liter, we r all moving to destruction. companys are not ready to increase salaries, its gona be a factor of u either stay with ur current salary or u leave, remember labour laws r weak in nigeria, so employers of labour can get away with anytin, there was neva any subsidy, obj alreay removed all d subsidy, last years budget for subsidy still ass effects till apirl dis year when a new budget year begins, pls lets look into d matte properly and lets not make a mockerey out of d whole thing cos trust me alot of people, i say alot of people cant survive on 141 naira per lit.
Re: NLC / TUC Commence Strike January 9, 2012. by ochiaha1(m): 11:20am On Jan 04, 2012
This strike is really needed to bring the government back to the path of sanity. angry

This strike, however, should have been postponed to the end of January 2012, to enable those who had spent their funds during the Christmas and New Year Holidays replenish their pockets. smiley

I[b] will suggest we find out how the Egyptians were able to sustain their Arab Spring strikes of 2011 for a very long period. Did the demonstrators have a way of reaching out to very poor members among them so that their will to carry on the strike for very long periods was not broken    [/b] I am asking this question because from previous strikes (which usually lasts about three days), after a day or two many traders, artisans, Okada motorcyclists, Drivers etc  resolve to carry on the strike will be broken, because of hunger, and they will go back to work. Most of these people get their money by working on daily basis. sad sad sad
Re: NLC / TUC Commence Strike January 9, 2012. by OmoTier1(m): 11:25am On Jan 04, 2012
ochi-aha:

This strike is really needed to bring the government back to the path of sanity. angry

This strike, however, should have been postponed to the end of January 2012, to enable those who had spent their funds during the Christmas and New Year Holidays replenish their pockets. smiley

I[b] will suggest we find out how the Egyptians were able to sustain their Arab Spring strikes of 2011 for a very long period. Did the demonstrators have a way of reaching out to very poor members among them so that their will to carry on the strike for very long periods was not broken    [/b] I am asking this question because from previous strikes (which usually lasts about three days), after a day or two many traders, artisans, Okada motorcyclists, Drivers etc  resolve to carry on the strike will be broken, because of hunger, and they will go back to work. Most of these people get their money by working on daily basis. sad sad sad
The nature of this strike is those government agencies and private establishment that provide the much needed services are going to be locked up! If you as a market woman or a transporter cant get fuel or the little candle light you currently get is no more, then, you would be left to so a sit at home strike too 'cos it wont be worth it going to the market at the end of the day 'cos you would spend your daily profit on transport alone while your landlord would ne 'eyeing' you for a sharp increment and propmt payment of rent!
Re: NLC / TUC Commence Strike January 9, 2012. by europe76(m): 11:53am On Jan 04, 2012
I never trust our leaders, this is just a partly way for the FG to come and settle them there own national cake. or they will embark on strike on a stipulated date, I CRY FOR MY COUNTRY!
Re: NLC / TUC Commence Strike January 9, 2012. by Witi(m): 12:13pm On Jan 04, 2012
warrior01:

@ witi, so you think passing on your responsibility to your children and unborn generation is the right way to go? what a responsible 'adult
You got everything wrong. We are in support of the proposed strike because we don't want that to happen. We want to fight for the future of our children and the unborn generation.
Re: NLC / TUC Commence Strike January 9, 2012. by SANCTO: 12:40pm On Jan 04, 2012
why are Nigerians so misinformed. The Masses should be blamed and not Mr. president. It is only PMS(petrol) that was de-subsidized, so only vehicles that use petrol ought to increase their fare. Now even the trucks that use diesel (AGO) hike their price. Nigerians should wake up and see reasons why the removal of fuel subsidy should be welcome by all. Nigerians are wicked
the cabal has held Nigeria by the jugular for too long. I pity the poor masses whom the disciples of the cabal have hoodwinked into having the wrong notion that subsidy removal is evil. the people that will lose their life during the protest are the so called poor. The Labour will make noise after which they will be settled and keep quiet.
let us for the first time borrow wisdom from Ghana, Chad, Niger republic etc.
lets give the government at least six months and try their sincerity. we were promised job, lets see if it will be true.

LONG LIVE NIGERIA, I EXTEND MY CONDOLENCE TO THE FAMILY OF THOSE POOR MASSES THAT WILL LOSE THEIR LIFE IN THE PROPOSED ANTI NIGERIAN MASS PROTESTS. GREET THE DEVIL WHEN YOU GET TO HELL.
Re: NLC / TUC Commence Strike January 9, 2012. by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 04, 2012
It's unfortunate how we earnestly crave for positive change yet unwilling to make sacrifices. I support subsidy removal.
Re: NLC / TUC Commence Strike January 9, 2012. by softelng(m): 1:11pm On Jan 04, 2012
Protests, Strikes and mass actions are very good and advisable by my own perception but peeps come to think of it.
NLC etc have not really helped matters throughout these years what they do is they threaten the FG then they negotiate behind closed doors and everybody shut-up thats all we dont need this anymore.

our problem in Nigeria is more than strikes negotiations and shutting up our problems are endemic. We need to press the reset button and reboot
Re: NLC / TUC Commence Strike January 9, 2012. by Enice(m): 1:15pm On Jan 04, 2012
NLC/TUC does not have the right/authority or laws backing it to go on strike on issues like policy decisions of government but only on the actions of employers that affects the welfare of employees. So, are we saying that if the govt decides to spend x amount of money on a particular project, NLC would go on strike? That is why we have the NASS and civil right organizations.
People can protest a individuals but not as NLC, a body that is established by an act of the NASS with clearly spelt out rules and regulations. If they do, they would be arrested. AGF ADOKE, YOU ARE ON NOTICE! Get ready for mass arrest.
Re: NLC / TUC Commence Strike January 9, 2012. by BABSIN(m): 1:29pm On Jan 04, 2012
"I will suggest we find out how the Egyptians were able to sustain their Arab Spring strikes of 2011 for a very long period. Did the demonstrators have a way of reaching out to very poor members among them so that their will to carry on the strike for very long periods was not broken  "

The secret to the Egypt protest were the Al Ikwan Group.

Firstly they made available the Tahir Square as the Piont of Focus for the Protest and centre all the media (both internationl and Local) to that square thereby creating and projecting a scenerio of very large crowd to the world in protest against the Goverment.

This was sustain by proper planning in term of Food, Health workers, shelter for cover and sleeping when night fall. Voluntary  health worker were readily available to  treat the wounded and injured protestant and they made sure every injured person is picked up immediately and given attention.

The protest was so organise that any body giong into the square is disarmed and all he is given is a protest placard. All other was provided as all the needed was the growing crowd that was projected to the world that t the whole egyptian were against the Goverment.
Re: NLC / TUC Commence Strike January 9, 2012. by silvernus0: 1:34pm On Jan 04, 2012
stiyke:

Nation wide strike, TUC and NLC end up killing the ppl they say they want to protect. There will be no banking, no trading. Guys have exhausted their money enjoyiing xmass and now they should go on strike and stay out of business for how many days??

This strike will hurt the poor masses more than it hurts federal government if it goes as they plan.
its better u die once and forget about it than live to die slowly in pain and missery
Re: NLC / TUC Commence Strike January 9, 2012. by hallyray: 2:45pm On Jan 04, 2012
d issue at hnd is in 2 ways,if d subsidy is removed d carbals importing PMS will b forced 2 reduce d price of d prodct wen competition strt on d othr hnd if GEJ agrees 2 wait till April b4 removin d subsidy its dsam as postponin dooms day so lets jst ask God 2 direct us and give us wisdom
Re: NLC / TUC Commence Strike January 9, 2012. by MosD: 4:46pm On Jan 04, 2012
@sancto, i expected u 2 b more enlightened than this. First, d Ganna, chad and others u mentioned, how many of them are OPEC members? How many of them have refineries that are suppose to b functioning but rather left fallow for selfish interest. And above all, can u give just a reason y we should trust jona!
Re: NLC / TUC Commence Strike January 9, 2012. by MarcAnthon(m): 5:01pm On Jan 04, 2012
E nice:

NLC/TUC does not have the right/authority or laws backing it to go on strike on issues like policy decisions of government but only on the actions of employers that affects the welfare of employees.  So, are we saying that if the govt decides to spend x amount of money on a particular project, NLC would go on strike?   That is why we have the NASS and civil right organizations.
People can protest a individuals but not as NLC, a body that is established by an act of the NASS with clearly spelt out rules and regulations. If they do, they would be arrested. AGF ADOKE, YOU ARE ON NOTICE! Get ready for mass arrest.

Let me dedicate my 200th post to calling you a crass, ignorant slowpoke. Why don't you go and arrest them yourself? Olodo!

I think the protest date has been brought forward to Monday, 9th January:
http://www.punchng.com/news/general-strike-begins-january-9/

If you will protest courageously, and yet with dignity and christian love, when the history books are written in future generations, the historians will have to pause and say, "There lived a great people - a black people - who injected new meaning and dignity into the veins of civilization." This is our challenge and our overwhelming responsibility. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

David Mark earns N600 million annually, enough money to set up at least, 100 schools in his Benue State
President Jonathan and his friends will eat N1 billion worth of food in 2012, while fuelling their cars for N1.7 billion. This amount will build at least, 50 good health care centres in the South-South
N200 million was budgeted to water the gardens of the President in 2011. This is enough to educate 200 Nigerians through university education

This is more than a quest for economic rights, it a quest for justice. This is not about fuel subsidy, it is about the ruling class’ war on the Nigerian masses. They cannot claim our country is broke when president Goodluck Jonathan continues to feed fat on N3 million worth of food everyday. They cannot claim to be broke when they increased the recurrent expenditure of the 2012 budget by another N92 billion. They cannot claim to be broke when the First Lady just spent N5billion furnishing an office. They cannot claim to be broke when in the whole budget is about their salaries and allowances.

Added to all the other question Fani-Kayode raised, it will be disastrous to sit on the fence and watch this clueless government wreck the entire nation!

LET POSTERITY REMEMBER YOU FOR GOOD!
Re: NLC / TUC Commence Strike January 9, 2012. by aurenflani: 5:07pm On Jan 04, 2012
Here they go again! typical naija style - bambuzzling us with HUGE, HUGE GRAMMAR as if the Libyans or Egyptians asked permit from their respective country's security agencies be taking to d street and crushing their own tyrants to oblivion. mtswee
Re: NLC / TUC Commence Strike January 9, 2012. by honeric01(m): 6:29pm On Jan 04, 2012
[size=28pt]STRIKE COMMENCES ON THE 9TH (MONDAY) AND NOT 11TH [/size]
Re: NLC / TUC Commence Strike January 9, 2012. by Remii(m): 6:53pm On Jan 04, 2012
freechat:

It's unfortunate how we earnestly crave for positive change yet unwilling to make sacrifices. I support subsidy removal.

When the cost of running the government is too much,masses will not trust good intention of the cabinet:
David Mark earns N600 million annually, enough money to set up at least, 100 schools in his Benue State.
President Jonathan and his friends will eat N1 billion worth of food in 2012, while fueling their cars for N1.7 billion. This amount will build at least, 50 good health care centers in the South-South. N200 million was budgeted to water the gardens of the President in 2011. This is enough to educate 200 Nigerians through university education.

This is more than a quest for economic rights, it a quest for justice. This is not about fuel subsidy, it is about the ruling class’ war on the Nigerian masses. They cannot claim our country is broke when president Goodluck Jonathan continues to feed fat on N3 million worth of food everyday. They cannot claim to be broke when they increased the recurrent expenditure of the 2012 budget by another N92 billion. They cannot claim to be broke when the First Lady just spent N5billion furnishing an office. [b]They cannot claim to be broke when in the whole budget is about their salaries and allowances.if they claim broke,then we want sacrifice from them as much as they want sacrifice from us to help the economy!every hand must be on deck not just masses but the government and its cabinet, . [/b]

Got this and thought I should forward. In every allegation against  ruling demonic class in Nigeria there is a lot τ̲̅ȍ worry about
Re: NLC / TUC Commence Strike January 9, 2012. by infofta(m): 7:05pm On Jan 04, 2012
Mr president, No importation no subsidy. If you feel we must import fuel then govt MUST pay subsidy. We non gree oo, we no gree.
Re: NLC / TUC Commence Strike January 9, 2012. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 04, 2012
yes finally the tables are starting to turn!
Common thieves and brigands in govt. Vampires all of them. They started the corruption and infected even the ordinary man. But, we shall retrieve our commonwealth, by fire by force!
Re: NLC / TUC Commence Strike January 9, 2012. by otokx(m): 7:41pm On Jan 04, 2012
GEJ is going to get it worse
Re: NLC / TUC Commence Strike January 9, 2012. by java002: 9:36pm On Jan 04, 2012
"ACF advised government to use the outcomes of the consultations and the probe by lawmakers to arrive at informed decision." - The consultations and all the merry go round of okonjo iweala,sanusi and Diezani Allison-Madueke were not meant to listen to other views but was intented to state their evil master's resolve to withdraw oil subsidy against which no line of argument was acceptable.
Re: NLC / TUC Commence Strike January 9, 2012. by java002: 9:41pm On Jan 04, 2012
"ACF advised government to use the outcomes of the consultations and the probe by lawmakers to arrive at informed decision." - The consultations and all the merry go round of okonjo iweala,sanusi and Diezani Allison-Madueke were not meant to listen to other views but was intented to state their evil master's resolve to withdraw oil subsidy against which no line of argument was acceptable.
Re: NLC / TUC Commence Strike January 9, 2012. by Adanora: 9:47pm On Jan 04, 2012
Don't worry by d time FG carry ghana must go give dem,dey will call off d strike. NLC ko TUC ni. I beg eeeeeee

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Effects Minor Cabinet Reshuffle / On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo / Ensure Nigerians Sleep With Their Eyes Closed, Buhari Tasks Service Chiefs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.