Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,561 members, 7,812,818 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou - Travel (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou (220866 Views)

Relocating To Cotonou / Pls I Need Guide On How To Get To Cotonou And Also Where To Get Things Cheap / Cotonou, Benin Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 10:27pm On Mar 12, 2017
ligopedro:

Please Oga Unclephilio123 have been following this trend. You said with 25k she can even get to Ghana? Is that for real.. I need your reply please bcoz am also planning a trip by mid March going from Benin Republic - Togo - Ghana - Nigeria. Hope 12days will do and how much can one spend to cover all this. Thanks

First of all, are you going with an international passport?

Second, what is your budget like? Can you give me the figure?
Based on that, I can advise you
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 10:31pm On Mar 12, 2017
Sexyflowers:
Am from lagos ikeja pls can some one tell me how i will cross over to cotonu i have voters card only
Okay then....
Now you have to find your way to mile 2 Your surest bet is to take Oshodi, then from Oshodi take mile 2 bus.
Then from mile 2 you will see seme
Then you drop at conoil, you will see it.
Then from there, you can take a bike that will cross you to the other side
Then when you get to the other side, you will see Cotonou shared cab

2 Likes

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Sexyflowers(f): 10:58pm On Mar 12, 2017
Thank you but i have voters card only from mile to cotonu how much will he takes to get me to cotonu from mile 2 pls quick reply
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Sexyflowers(f): 11:05pm On Mar 12, 2017
Just want to know how much will take me to cotonu from mile 2
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 11:07pm On Mar 12, 2017
Sexyflowers:
Thank you
but i have voters card only
from mile to cotonu how much will he takes to get me to cotonu from mile 2
pls quick reply

Since you even have a voter's card, it will cost you less to cross, as opposed to those with passport (like moi)

So from mile 2 to seme, budget like 1k to be safe (it can never be up to that tho, but just have this)

Then when you get to the border, take the bike guys sha, you will see them (preferably the ones with green vests)
They will cross you for between 700-1k but try and bargain well.

Then when they cross you to the other side, the Cotonou cab is 1k CFA
You will see money changers too, but shine your eyes, and count your money o
Then coming back you retrace your steps.
The bike guys pass one back yard like that, but it's by a new building sha

Safe journey

And don't forget to come gist us as the waka go.

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 11:09pm On Mar 12, 2017
Lest I forget, hope your budget is tight enough
And how long do you intend staying?

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 11:09pm On Mar 12, 2017
Lest I forget, hope your budget is tight enough
And how long do you intend staying?

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Sexyflowers(f): 11:13pm On Mar 12, 2017
Thanks for d info atleast were can i get cheap accomodation there
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Sexyflowers(f): 11:36pm On Mar 12, 2017
Were can i see cheap accomodation there course am staying for 5days
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Harzontorh: 4:22pm On Mar 13, 2017
Hello House, I will be traveling to Cotonou very soon, Who is up for travel? Lets tour together. I'll show everything you need to see, before i leave for Abidjan.

who is moving soon?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Harzontorh: 4:25pm On Mar 13, 2017
Sexyflowers:
Were can i see cheap accomodation there
course am staying for 5days

Cheap accommodation is in Akpakpa area or around the outskirt sekandji area.. Range per month is like 10-15,000 cfa. but since you are spending just five days.. You will find cheap residence a louer ib tge town. Do you speak french?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by ligopedro: 11:16am On Mar 14, 2017
Ugosample:

First of all, are you going with an international passport?

Second, what is your budget like? Can you give me the figure?
Based on that, I can advise you
Yes with my international passport ( Not Virgin passport ) and i have like 65k - 85k ...
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by edosbro: 5:35pm On Mar 14, 2017
Please i have plan to travel to cotonou to buy computers for sale in Nigeria, please any advice on recent cost of traveling there and accommodation would be appreciated.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by celestialAgent(m): 4:52pm On Mar 16, 2017
Harzontorh:

Cheap accommodation is in Akpakpa area or around the outskirt sekandji area.. Range per month is like 10-15,000 cfa. but since you are spending just five days.. You will find cheap residence a louer ib tge town. Do you speak french?
please what is the current exchange rate? And are there ecurrency (like paypal skrill) exchangers in cotonou?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 8:46am On Mar 24, 2017
celestialAgent:
please what is the current exchange rate? And are there ecurrency (like paypal skrill) exchangers in cotonou?

I was about to ask this.
Anybody knows the current exchange rate

please come fill us in
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by kolomax(m): 11:43am On Mar 24, 2017
Ugosample:

I was about to ask this.
Anybody knows the current exchange rate

please come fill us in
e-currency in Cotonou keee
no bro once you get to seme border or idi iroko you can exchange your Naira to CFA can't give precise exchange rate because it's not stable
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by kolomax(m): 11:47am On Mar 24, 2017
edosbro:
Please i have plan to travel to cotonou to buy computers for sale in Nigeria, please any advice on recent cost of traveling there and accommodation would be appreciated.
cheap computers in Cotonou am not sure about that bro
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Eghosa1(m): 3:14pm On Mar 26, 2017
Hello people. Fantastic thread on here.
This is what a helpful thread looks like and thanks to all contributors.

For me, I'll like to enquire about hotels in Cotonou and their cost. I'm looking to stay about 5 days and want a serene place with WIFI that's cost friendly and not far from the city centre. For those on here who have been at decent ones, kindly help with contact or location direction.

Secondly, what pays me more - Dollar to CFA or Naira to CFA...

I await contributions. Thanks!
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Timbuktu14(m): 4:12pm On Mar 26, 2017
Eghosa1:
Hello people. Fantastic thread on here.
This is what a helpful thread looks like and thanks to all contributors.

For me, I'll like to enquire about hotels in Cotonou and their cost. I'm looking to stay about 5 days and want a serene place with WIFI that's cost friendly and not far from the city centre. For those on here who have been at decent ones, kindly help with contact or location direction.

Secondly, what pays me more - Dollar to CFA or Naira to CFA...

I await contributions. Thanks!
There is this big hotel at 'Jon K'. It was 13,500 CFA the last time I went - December, 2015. WIFI? Yes. Breakfast? Yes.

To cap, it's right at the city centre... Very nice rooms with nice staffs. If you fancy our local foods, they are right behind the hotel. Forgot the name though.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Eghosa1(m): 5:42pm On Mar 26, 2017
Timbuktu14:
There is this big hotel at 'Jon K'. It was 13,500 CFA the last time I went - December, 2015. WIFI? Yes. Breakfast? Yes.

To cap, it's right at the city centre... Very nice rooms with nice staffs. If you fancy our local foods, they are right behind the hotel. Forgot the name though.

Decent! Exactly the sort I'd need Timbuktu14. JonK is a popular spot there? So can I easily ask when I land and I'd be directed?

More contributions needed also.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Timbuktu14(m): 6:56pm On Mar 26, 2017
Eghosa1:

Decent! Exactly the sort I'd need Timbuktu14. JonK is a popular spot there? So can I easily ask when I land and I'd be directed?

More contributions needed also.
Yes. After crossing the boarder, take a cab going to Tokpa. Drop at the last bus stop and take 'Kekerio' (bike) to Jon K (Jonquet). Right at that spot where the bike would stop you, just ask of the big hotel around there. Has a small entrance like its a super market.

There's another one at St.Jean. Do you understand or can speak a bit of French? Would make the trip a lot easier for you.

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 10:52pm On Mar 26, 2017
Timbuktu14:
Yes. After crossing the boarder, take a cab going to Tokpa. Drop at the last bus stop and take 'Kekerio' (bike) to Jon K (Jonquet). Right at that spot where the bike would stop you, just ask of the big hotel around there. Has a small entrance like its a super market.

There's another one at St.Jean. Do you understand or can speak a bit of French? Would make the trip a lot easier for you.

I know that hotel....

Is it not near that place where.... grin grin grin

Night crawlers will get my drift
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Timbuktu14(m): 11:32pm On Mar 26, 2017
Ugosample:

I know that hotel....

Is it not near that place where.... grin grin grin

Night crawlers will get my drift
Yes. You are right grin grin But... Soweto no b d real deal oo cheesy cheesy

How can you go to Cotonou and not crawl at night? No b night e dey sweet pass?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Eghosa1(m): 4:17am On Mar 27, 2017
Timbuktu14:

Thanks thanks man.

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 8:55am On Mar 27, 2017
Timbuktu14:
Yes. You are right grin grin But... Soweto no b d real deal oo cheesy cheesy

How can you go to Cotonou and not crawl at night? No b night e dey sweet pass?

Nice stuff

Now that Naira is appreciating again, I think I can consider another visit to that Country

But I don't seem to know how much the CFA is now

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 4:23pm On Mar 29, 2017
aimelebon:
@zhukafa well done. I wonder if you have an advice for those parents that are still discouraging instead of encouraging their children to put more effort in learning french. I'm a french teacher. not a common one, I'm saying that because I know many that claim to be a French teacher but are not able to pronounce or to spell many words. Moreover many are not able to construct a good sentence (so no grammar point in their teaching even though we have grammar, and so many other things in the scheme of work). Actually I'm not trying to offend anybody, but unfortunately that is the truth of the matter. I'm from a french country and I'm presently teaching (real) french in a school and my student are really enjoying my teaching. But I'm still having some challenges because some parents use to tell their children "french is not our language". So some of them are not really having interest, therefore they are not putting any effort. And I know, as some have said, they will regret of not paying attention when it will come for them to got to one french country such as Benin, Togo, cameroune,...France,Quebec even some parts of canada.

*Merci beaucoup.
Je vous aime bien, passez une tres belle soiree. A plus

C'est vrai mon frère

Normalment, je sais bien, que les enfants aiment apprendre les langues, mais les parents eux decouragent.
C'est triste, mais C'est comme ça pour quelques parents.

Alors pour moi, il faut que mes enfants apprennent Français même si mon Français n'est pas très fort comme ça.

ça va aller

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Timbuktu14(m): 9:29pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ugosample:

C'est vrai mon frère

Normalment, je sais bien, que les enfants aiment apprendre les langues, mais les parents eux decouragent.
C'est triste, mais C'est comme ça pour quelques parents.

Alors pour moi, il faut que mes enfants apprennent Français même si mon Français n'est pas très fort comme ça.

ça va aller
Quel est le taux de change aujourd'hui?

Make I reason waka for that zone.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 9:38pm On Mar 29, 2017
Timbuktu14:
Je viens de faire pétit chercher sur l'internet Ça semble que N1000=1800 CFA
Je ne suis pas cent pourcent sûr, donc il faut demander les autres
Je vais voyager là encore cette année, comme l'habitude.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 9:38pm On Mar 29, 2017
Timbuktu14:
Je viens de faire pétit chercher sur l'internet Ça semble que N1000=1800 CFA
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Timbuktu14(m): 9:56pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ugosample:

Je viens de faire pétit chercher sur l'internet
Ça semble que N1000=1800 CFA

Na wa oo. That's still not good enough oo. That means 100k would give u 180k CFA. Damn! Hopefully, e go don normal small by June or July when I fit free small to do some wakabout. One week is enough sef.

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 10:00pm On Mar 29, 2017
Timbuktu14:
Na wa oo. That's still not good enough oo. That means 100k would give u 180k CFA. Damn! Hopefully, e go don normal small by June or July when I fit free small to do some wakabout. One week is enough sef.
See you grin grin

The last timr I was in a Francophone country, that was November /Dec the rate was N1000 to N1250 plus abeg

So there is an improvement

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (46) (Reply)

Poland Work Visa / Where Are Nigerians In Australia . / Nigerians At Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.