Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,404 members, 7,812,192 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Why Should A Woman Accept Adultery From Her Husband And Vice Versa? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Should A Woman Accept Adultery From Her Husband And Vice Versa? (4650 Views)

Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics / Angry Wife Exposes Chat Messages Between Her Husband And Other Women!!! / Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Should A Woman Accept Adultery From Her Husband And Vice Versa? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 07, 2012
ronkebp:

Some men do not want to believe that women cheat also. I was arguing with a neighbours husband, who was beating his chest that 90% women do not cheat. I just looked at him and laughed.

ronke,
Can you hazard a guess of the percentage of women that cheat?
Scale of 1-100%?
Please be honest.
Re: Why Should A Woman Accept Adultery From Her Husband And Vice Versa? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 07, 2012
dayokanu:

The one thing I agree with Richvkunt is that you cant know how you would react until you are in that situation

My brother,
I owe you two kegs of 50 litres of fuel/Petrol,whenever you are in Nigeria.
grin grin
Re: Why Should A Woman Accept Adultery From Her Husband And Vice Versa? by Outstrip(f): 6:47pm On Jan 07, 2012
Any woman who says she is staying with an abusive cheating husband for her child is a liar. She is doing it for herself. A situation like that is worse for the child so you cannot say it is for the child. Their real fear is starting over again or as someone here put it "finding worse" if she leaves. That should be enough for anybody to know that she is doing it for herself. She wants to feel safe even at the cost of her dignity and the future of the innocent child. I wonder what a message a clearly resentful and bitter woman will send to a child that sees and understands clearly what is going on.
Re: Why Should A Woman Accept Adultery From Her Husband And Vice Versa? by ShyOne(f): 6:53pm On Jan 07, 2012
Outstrip:

Any woman who says she is staying with an abusive cheating husband for her child is a liar. She is doing it for herself. A situation like that is worse for the child so you cannot say it is for the child. Their real fear is starting over again or as someone here put it "finding worse" if she leaves. That should be enough for anybody to know that she is doing it for herself. She wants to feel safe even at the cost of her dignity and the future of the innocent child. I wonder what a message a clearly resentful and bitter woman will send to a child that sees and understands clearly what is going on.

^^^^ Seconded, Third, Fourth, Fifth. The unadulterated TRUTH!!! Amen and amen again.
Re: Why Should A Woman Accept Adultery From Her Husband And Vice Versa? by Kobojunkie: 7:54pm On Jan 07, 2012
Outstrip:

[size=13pt]Any woman who says she is staying with an abusive cheating husband for her child is a liar. She is doing it for herself. [/size]A situation like that is worse for the child so you cannot say it is for the child. Their real fear is starting over again or as someone here put it "finding worse" if she leaves. That should be enough for anybody to know that she is doing it for herself. She wants to feel safe even at the cost of her dignity and the future of the innocent child. I wonder what a message a clearly resentful and bitter woman will send to a child that sees and understands clearly what is going on.

That I consider fact even though all may not agree. I have witnessed the devastation such actions can have on children, and I can state without a doubt that such a decision most of the times turns out toxic to the children in such a marriage.
Re: Why Should A Woman Accept Adultery From Her Husband And Vice Versa? by Jenifa1: 3:11am On Jan 08, 2012
@outstrip,

you make a good point but
not all women are bitter and resentful of unfaithful husbands. ex. there are some who believe that all men cheat and therefore do not see it as grounds for separation or divorce. I personally know a woman who puts condoms in her husband's briefcase when he goes on business trips. I know this because I overheard her on a phone conversation and she was very light-hearted about it. this woman clearly isn't the bitter, resentful type who feels she's losing her dignity. She is the typical woman OP is talking about who accepts adultery from her husband.
if the woman stays bitter and resentful,  then obviously she doesn't "accept" infidelity. she needs to get out of the marriage because I agree that such a hostile environment is bad for d children.

I personally cannot know what I will do if I find myself in such a situation. there are so many factors involved. it's easy to say "divorce" but once someone finds herself in the situation, she might act differently.
Re: Why Should A Woman Accept Adultery From Her Husband And Vice Versa? by Nobody: 3:17am On Jan 08, 2012
Richvkunt:

Jenny,
The last time we jousted,I asked if I could tell you the allegory of the soup pot?
You conveniently ignored me.
I will do the same too.
However I know,you know,I am right.

As usual you have no answer. Baseless assumptions again, now you see why I ignore your comments sometimes?

Nope, I don't know you are right. You are not right. All you do is talk cheap, you never have anything to back it up with. There are a few men here who I know are telling the truth when they post, And believe me you are not one of them.
Re: Why Should A Woman Accept Adultery From Her Husband And Vice Versa? by Jenifa1: 3:47am On Jan 08, 2012
jennykadry:

Outstrip tell that to AGIGBOMA of a silly and mentally deranged poster, how can a woman say she is staying for her kids? How will that environment help That child? THe boys will end up knowing its ok to cheat on their wives and the girls will see it as a norm when their husbands to cheat on them.

Women that stay in this kind of relationship, stay for themselves

oh my goodness. lol you're crazy grin
Re: Why Should A Woman Accept Adultery From Her Husband And Vice Versa? by Kobojunkie: 4:37am On Jan 08, 2012
Jenifa_:

@outstrip,

you make a good point but
not all women are bitter and resentful of unfaithful husbands. ex. there are some who believe that all men cheat and therefore do not see it as grounds for separation or divorce. I personally know a woman who puts condoms in her husband's briefcase when he goes on business trips. I know this because I overheard her on a phone conversation and she was very light-hearted about it. this woman clearly isn't the bitter, resentful type who feels she's losing her dignity. She is the typical woman OP is talking about who accepts adultery from her husband.

What you have reminds me of women here in the states who are born into the mormon religion as practiced in places like Utah. Also reminds of me of a documentary I watched some years ago that featured some Aghan women speaking on how their life under the taliban was the best and godliest life because their men made all the decision and when they were struck, they knew they deserved it godly. When you hear these sort of people talk of the treatment they get from their husbands, you would almost believe that they speak truth.

A relationship is meant to be to the benefit of the parties involved. When one benefits more than the other, then what you have is no more a relationship but something else. This is why I think people need to teach themselves to be strong individuals before they run off signing marriage certificates and the sort. Unless we can say for sure that this woman gets joy from knowing her husband is out screwing other women or that he is doing it and using her condoms, which somehow transmit happiness back to her,I think we should not be quick to decide she is telling us all.

Not saying women should be bitter about unfaithful partners. Would rather a woman divorces her cheat of a husband than live bitter and miserable for the rest of her life thinking about such.

I am more concerned about the state of mind of the kids raised in such families? The gals for instance may grow up thinking it is OK for them to be used by men in such a manner. Who knows, they might even go as far as to convince themselves that if he comes home with AIDs(the illness) it is all in God's plan for them. Now lets not even talk of the the sort of boys raised by such an accepting woman? They will probably grow up to believe it is OK to expect their wives to hand them condoms and kiss them for cheating. ROFLMAO!
Re: Why Should A Woman Accept Adultery From Her Husband And Vice Versa? by Nobody: 4:57am On Jan 08, 2012
Outstrip:

Outstrip, this is not always the case.
Re: Why Should A Woman Accept Adultery From Her Husband And Vice Versa? by Nobody: 5:18am On Jan 08, 2012
Jenifa_:

oh my goodness. lol you're crazy grin

Wetin make I talk again? cheesy
Re: Why Should A Woman Accept Adultery From Her Husband And Vice Versa? by Outstrip(f): 7:00am On Jan 08, 2012
I have a friend who is going through something similar right now. I have decided that this year I will have to tell her to either keep the man and shut up about his bad behavior or just let him go. I say this because I see how it affects her children. I am very uncomfortable when she brings him up around the kids. They are children. They love their dad. It puts them in a diffeicult position. Anytime they fight she asks him to leave. he is happy because he can go and shack up for a while with another woman. After that woman has finished him and he is dry he runs back and she takes him back until the next fight. How will her daughter ever understand how to live in peace with a man when her mother is constantly angry and raining abuses on their father. STD carrier, shameless man, diseased dog etc. I cannot even imagine. The man on the other hand is a serial cheater but always afraid that she is cheating. He pulls the children to the side to question them about any possible "uncles" that their mom might take them to go visit. I just hate it. If you are going to stay then stay but shut up. If you know you do not like it then let him go and save the children the pain

@ Jenifa I have/had a friend who told me that she would put condoms in her husband's bag though when he goes to Nigeria. The thing though is that i cannotput it past her either to creep on him. I do not believe that there is any faithful wife out there who is in a loving and commited relationship that would be okay with her husband cheating. Anyone of them who tells you that and says they are still happy are lying. Nobody on earth will want to share something that they want to be exclusively theirs. Unless of course she does not want him to be exclusively hers. It is not logical that she will want something but at the same time not want it. Something just does not add up. If she is saying it is okay then maybe she has done something that she cannot forgive herself for. There's something that makes her think that way and that thing has nothing to do with love and respect
Re: Why Should A Woman Accept Adultery From Her Husband And Vice Versa? by Nobody: 7:19am On Jan 08, 2012
First off outstrip I wouldnt have that kind of person as a friend, second off, I would have told her off a long time ago. Third off such a person is not allowed in my house.

I remember sometime last year, I was writing a note on a clients file and there was this nurse telling her fellow nurses how her partner was treating her like crap and stuff and mind you It wasn't the first time I've heard her talk about this partner of hers As If the advise she has received from her fellow workers was not  Enough for her, she asked for my opinion . I told her to learn to shut her mouth if she is insisting on staying with this abuser and let everyone rest, I also told her that the next time she wants to date she should consider dating someone mature in mind and in age and not some little boy in his 20's who she expects to be faithful to her when he has younger girls of his age he really wants to be with and share a life with. . ,  . .

Believe me you that woman hasn't said a word to me since last year and I don't care, and guess what? When she walked away from me see her fellow colleagues were like "wow you hit the nail on the head, we never knew you to be such a person" before they even finished heir statements I told them off as well, told them the world will be a better place if friends Like them opened their mouths and said the truth sometimes instead of acting like they were really her friends and then go behind her and act like biatches.
Re: Why Should A Woman Accept Adultery From Her Husband And Vice Versa? by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 08, 2012
Outstrip:

I have a friend who is going through something similar right now. I have decided that this year I will have to tell her to either keep the man and shut up about his bad behavior or just let him go. I say this because I see how it affects her children. I am very uncomfortable when she brings him up around the kids. They are children. They love their dad. It puts them in a diffeicult position. Anytime they fight she asks him to leave. he is happy because he can go and shack up for a while with another woman. After that woman has finished him and he is dry he runs back and she takes him back until the next fight. How will her daughter ever understand how to live in peace with a man when her mother is constantly angry and raining abuses on their father. STD carrier, shameless man, diseased dog etc. I cannot even imagine. The man on the other hand is a serial cheater but always afraid that she is cheating. He pulls the children to the side to question them about any possible "uncles" that their mom might take them to go visit. I just hate it. If you are going to stay then stay but shut up. If you know you do not like it then let him go and save the children the pain

Outstrip,

Im sorry to hear this.It sounds very intense and messed up. This woman needs to stop the drama and upsetting everyone because of her own fears! And same with the Father! They are not thinking about the children at all. Less words and action are the key.  

Re: Why Should A Woman Accept Adultery From Her Husband And Vice Versa? by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 08, 2012
jennykadry:

As usual you have no answer. Baseless assumptions again, now you see why I ignore your comments[b] sometimes?[/b]

Nope, I don't know you are right. You are not right. All you do is talk cheap, you never have anything to back it up with. There are a few men here who I know are telling the truth when they post, And believe me you are not one of them.

[b]Jenny,
You comments always leave me with a smile of amusement.
You either fly off the handle and start sending curse words at any one who has a point divergent from yours.
On one other thread some one came to ask for used clothes for her baby and it was curses galore from you and your foot soldiers.
On another thread aigboma asked if she should stick with her cheating husband and it was curses galore.
If you do not agree with some one,why not just ignore them as I always try to ignore you?
Check all past threads and posts,you always reply me first even when I am not talking to you.
Jenny,as I once told your boss,no one is blessed with monopoly of knowledge and this life is give and take.
Secondly,no body is blessed with the monopoly of a caustic tongue,but imagine what the family section would be like if everyone flew off the handle like you and your cohorts?
Jenny,I know you are aware of the allegory of the soup pot.
You are free to tell women to leave their husbands houses if they catch them cheating,while I am equally free to advise them not to leave,but to try to weather the storm-(Freedom of speech.)
Wishing you a happy sunday,although I doubt you are wishing me the same. [/b]
Re: Why Should A Woman Accept Adultery From Her Husband And Vice Versa? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 08, 2012
Wow never knew people followed my posts like twitter, richy nothing is stopping you from ignoring me as now as well, I have told you to practice What you preach.
If someone is saying trash on threads it is my duty as a citizen of Naija, to call then to order and tag their opinions as silly. cool
Re: Why Should A Woman Accept Adultery From Her Husband And Vice Versa? by Outstrip(f): 5:27am On Jan 09, 2012
jennykadry:

First off outstrip I wouldnt have that kind of person as a friend, second off, I would have told her off a long time ago. Third off such a person is not allowed in my house.

I remember sometime last year, I was writing a note on a clients file and there was this nurse telling her fellow nurses how her partner was treating her like crap and stuff and mind you It wasn't the first time I've heard her talk about this partner of hers As If the advise she has received from her fellow workers was not  Enough for her, she asked for my opinion . I told her to learn to shut her mouth if she is insisting on staying with this abuser and let everyone rest, I also told her that the next time she wants to date she should consider dating someone mature in mind and in age and not some little boy in his 20's who she expects to be faithful to her when he has younger girls of his age he really wants to be with and share a life with. . ,  . .

Believe me you that woman hasn't said a word to me since last year and I don't care, and guess what? When she walked away from me see her fellow colleagues were like "wow you hit the nail on the head, we never knew you to be such a person" before they even finished heir statements I told them off as well, told them the world will be a better place if friends Like them opened their mouths and said the truth sometimes instead of acting like they were really her friends and then go behind her and act like biatches.

You know her kids have become so dear to me. She has one daughter who my heart just bleeds for. She is a very good person but she has let her self to be treated so poorly that she is now so bitter. If I did not have this woman in my life I would say that I could not keep someone like her alive. I don't understand the power he has over her. She wanted to give up her growing business and move out of state. I could not understand why she would not ust face him instead of giving up her hard work just to run somewhere were he would find her anyway. I plan on being totally honest with her. I know she values my opinion. I just need to tell her bluntly. It is hurting the kids and that part I cannot stomach much longer
Re: Why Should A Woman Accept Adultery From Her Husband And Vice Versa? by chika98: 10:24pm On Jan 10, 2012
Outstrip:

You know her kids have become so dear to me. She has one daughter who my heart just bleeds for. She is a very good person but she has let her self to be treated so poorly that she is now so bitter. If I did not have this woman in my life I would say that I could not keep someone like her alive. I don't understand the power he has over her. She wanted to give up her growing business and move out of state. I could not understand why she would not ust face him instead of giving up her hard work just to run somewhere were he would find her anyway. I plan on being totally honest with her. I know she values my opinion. I just need to tell her bluntly. It is hurting the kids and that part I cannot stomach much longer

I think all your friend needs at this time is your honesty. I'd say continue to encourage her to find that inner strength to do the right thing. We all need good honest friends who will tell us the truth even when we don't wanna hear it. Be that person for her and hopefully she'll figure it out soon enough.
Re: Why Should A Woman Accept Adultery From Her Husband And Vice Versa? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 10, 2012
Outstrip:

Not doing the bolded quickly enough makes you an enabler, please let this woman know she better off on her own and the horrible example she's setting for her kids

@topic

I don't believe that cheating partners are necessarily the most financially buoyant, some women just like drama. I'd take loneliness over misery any day
Re: Why Should A Woman Accept Adultery From Her Husband And Vice Versa? by Outstrip(f): 4:25am On Jan 11, 2012
I agree. I do feel like I am enabling it. I really don't feel I owe her anything per se. It is more the kids I feel for. My mom has a friend that always calls and cries about her husband and I always get upset. The last time she called I had a few choice words and my mom was quick to point out that my friend was no different LOL. It is sad to see how a person with so much potential can just totally let themselves waste because of another person. This is not just women though women tend to do this more. It is really a shame

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is The Belief True That A Person Brings Badluck/Goodluck To Another? / Whose Name Should Your Child Bear As Surname? / thank God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.