Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup (12244 Views)

Would You Eat This Snake Pepper Soup? (Photo) / See The Big Snake That Was Killed For Pepper Soup -- ( Pics) / Snake Pepper Soup Prepared By A Nairalander With Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup by Ranoscky(m): 5:06am On Feb 04, 2012
Tasted abit of it when I was stil young [early 90s]. Tastes like stock fish, really! Nice tho. For all you screamin Yuck, God forbid, Tufiakwa, Eewww and so on. . . I know u guys do eat fish [cat fish in particular]. But the thing is, I rather eat a well prepared and fried snake [just like the one I ate when I was young] than to eat a cat fish! If that fish is the only food on earth, then ama say my last prayer and die of starvation.
Re: Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup by Ranoscky(m): 5:11am On Feb 04, 2012
Cant, in NO WAY, imagine Rano eatin that dirty waste of space in the water, called CAT FISH!
Re: Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup by Sirajee: 5:25am On Feb 04, 2012
Online shopping has become very popular these days. You can take full advantage of online shopping by making use of the great online deals that various companies in the field offer. You can get great deals online on everything from home appliances to flights, apparels to shoes and from trips to great vacation deals.

http://www.shoppingfordealsonline.com
Re: Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup by BabaEleko(m): 5:42am On Feb 04, 2012
I had it before. It awesome.
Re: Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup by Sirajee: 5:44am On Feb 04, 2012
ONLINE SHOPPING has become very popular these days. You can take full advantage of online shopping by making use of the great online deals that various companies in the field offer. You can get great deals online on everything from home appliances to flights, apparels to shoes and from trips to great vacation deals.
Online shopping has become very popular these days. You can take full advantage of online shopping by making use of the great online deals that various companies in the field offer. You can get great deals online on everything from home appliances to flights, apparels to shoes and from trips to great vacation deals.

Re: Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup by Sirajee: 5:45am On Feb 04, 2012
ONLINE SHOPPING has become very popular these days. You can take full advantage of online shopping by making use of the great online deals that various companies in the field offer. You can get great deals online on everything from home appliances to flights, apparels to shoes and from trips to great vacation deals.

Re: Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup by ifyalways(f): 5:46am On Feb 04, 2012
I've had fried snake unknowingly and it was delish.No regrets.
Re: Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup by Ranoscky(m): 6:08am On Feb 04, 2012
@Sirajee, we don hear u b4 naa. . . Must u fill all the whole pages with ur online shoppin advert ni?
Re: Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup by santa101: 10:18am On Feb 04, 2012
i have tasted it before, sold at bush bar along ago okota link bridge, sure tastes like panla, lol
Re: Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup by thirdeye(m): 10:22am On Feb 04, 2012
Snake meat is superb and one of the best.
I used to eat it alot, tastes like fish but sweeter, but couldnt get it in lagos, forget the spiritual stuffs attached to it, you are missing one of the best delicacies in the world. I cant wait to trace d snake restaurant. My mouth don dey water already,
Re: Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup by thirdeye(m): 10:24am On Feb 04, 2012
Snake meat is superb and one of the best.
I used to eat it alot, tastes like fish but sweeter, but couldnt get it in lagos, forget the spiritual stuffs attached to it, you are missing one of the best delicacies in the world. I cant wait to trace d snake restaurant. My mouth don dey water already,
Re: Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup by mkmyers45(m): 12:40pm On Feb 04, 2012
apocalypse:

The only meat I won't eat even faced with death is human meat and probably vulture. Meat I have eaten are
Bat
Alligator
Snake
Baboon
Monkey
Cat ( domestic )
Dog
Grass cutter
Antelope
Monkey
Chimpanzee
Monitor lizard.

+Rat, Owl, House Lizard, Hyena and Crocococococococococdile
Re: Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup by member479760: 1:04pm On Feb 04, 2012
If person eat snake in Yankee that person go go jail ooo.
Re: Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup by MPEROR: 2:54pm On Feb 04, 2012
NAKEDALL which yankee be that
Re: Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup by Impulse80(m): 12:36am On Feb 05, 2012
Why not try cockroach, centipede, milipede, spiders, scorpion?
Re: Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup by y3mz1(f): 1:11pm On Feb 05, 2012
Wow, snake meat!
Never tried it, and don't partially want to.
Would try a little piece YOLO lol
Re: Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup by calibet(m): 5:17pm On Feb 14, 2012
i thought it was only snake meat i never new some people also eat different variety of meats,well i wish you all the best in ur tasty, species of animals, one day some people go even eat mosquito,whey no get flesh.
Re: Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup by Ranoscky(m): 11:22pm On Feb 15, 2012
^ Lol @ eatin mosquito wey no get flesh.
Re: Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup by calibet(m): 11:10pm On Mar 16, 2012
you talk like say if they prepare the mosquito come you go fit chop am
Re: Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup by Arosa(m): 10:41pm On Mar 17, 2012
yorke: Nah way! Had the chance to eat it but declined it out-rightly. People who eat snake are most prompt with the spirit of deceptive.

Nonsense! Don't say what you don't know. snake meat is very tasty and healthy. I have killed, cooked and eaten snakes, there is nothing to it. I have even eaten the eggs of a python. big deal, am I now the devil? grin grin grin
Re: Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup by MyJoe: 12:34pm On Mar 21, 2012
dolly a: eating snake meat is sooooooooooooo disgusting undecided . ughrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Don't you think you are a bit hasty in your conclusion?

Ok, why do you say it's disgusting? Because it crawls on its belly? Well, crocodiles do. Snails crawls - and eat excrement! Even chickens are often seen crawling when they are not walking or running.

It is because it bites and can kill? Fishes do bite. And lots of animals can kill. Even ostriches have been known to kill. Is it dirty? Well, snakes don't even come close to catfish. What, then, makes the snake disgusting outside of anyone's mind? Nothing.

Snake meat tastes nice, is nutritious, and is healthy. It is low in fat and calories, compared to beef and other types of meat. But, of course, if you are not comfortable with it, you should not eat it. After all, all the snake eaters I know are selective of the type they eat. The most commonly consumed are pythons and adders. Cobras also make the pot in many Nigerian places. I am yet to hear of anyone eating green mambas.
Re: Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 21, 2012
I still prefer my Dog meat grin
Re: Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup by Goldieluks: 6:40pm On Apr 04, 2012
OP thanks for putting me off my dinner.
Re: Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup by Evilicious: 11:22pm On Apr 17, 2012
Orgwefia people go begin manifest like snake nor be me number switched off
Re: Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup by vokalguy(m): 11:20pm On Apr 26, 2012
Hell No, look if u want to eat snake, go ahead. As for me I am good with what I know..... I have not even finished eating other parts of the cow, I am not interested in eating something that can eat me
Re: Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup by 9jagist(m): 6:05am On Dec 12, 2014
Snake is such a delicious meal to some state in nigeria
Re: Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup by Mzgracie(f): 9:32pm On Dec 12, 2014
I ate a black snake back then. I was still in primary school. We were living in a new site close to Yanyan in Nasarawa state, so snakes was very plenty. Some guys killed it, boiled it and roasted it. At first, I promised myself not to taste it. Trust me, I later took some bites.

I only wanted to have the experience. But now, I don't think I can eat that again.
Re: Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 12, 2014
Mzgracie:
I ate a black snake back then. I was still in primary school. We were living in a new site close to Yanyan in Nasarawa state, so snakes was very plenty. Some guys killed it, boiled it and roasted it. At first, I promised myself not to taste it. Trust me, I later took some bites.

I only wanted to have the experience. But now, I don't think I can eat that again.

You never know what you have eaten until you've been told.
Re: Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup by Mzgracie(f): 9:37pm On Dec 12, 2014
Scrypt:

You never know what you have eaten until you've been told.

Nah!

I don't eat things anyhow. I am a kind of person who gets irritated easily. Even if it is chicken, I still check it properly when eating it.
Re: Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 12, 2014
Mzgracie:

Nah!

I don't eat things anyhow. I am a kind of person who gets irritated easily. Even if it is chicken, I still check it properly when eating it.

You won't know seriously. It looks and tastes like fish.
Re: Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup by Mzgracie(f): 9:50pm On Dec 12, 2014
Scrypt:

You won't know seriously. It looks and tastes like fish.

Honestly, I ll know.

I am choosy when it comes to food. I check them properly. When I start suspecting, my morale will reduce. I started eating cat-fish not long ago. I don't take male goat meats and so many others.
Re: Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 12, 2014
Mzgracie:

Honestly, I ll know.

I am choosy when it comes to food. I check them properly. When I start suspecting, my morale will reduce. I started eating cat-fish not long ago. I don't take male goat meats and so many others.

Lol, did you work in an Abattoir in your former life? tongue. Interesting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jevinik Restaurant In Lagos - Phone Number / Is it Nutritious to drink one tin of liquid Peak Milk daily ? / How To Stop Ur Hand From Hotting After Grinding Pepper?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.