Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! (8547 Views)

Soldiers Flood Anambra Over Massob's Sit-at-home Order / Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria / Anambra And Delta States, Still Tense As Northerners Flee Onitsha City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! by Chyz2: 4:50am On Jan 06, 2012
[size=15pt]Northerners flee Anambra over fear of reprisal[/size]

On January 6, 2012 · In News
| 2:50 am

BY VINCENT UJUMADU

AWKA—FOLLOWING the threat by the secterian group, Boko Haram, asking Christians in the Northern part of the country to leave the area within three days, an ultimatum that expired yesterday, many northerners residing in various parts of Anambra State have been deserting their places of business and fleeing to unknown places.

Though there was no threat to their lives whatsoever in any part of the state, some of them said they did not want to take chances, in view of the warning by the Boko Haram sect.

In Awka, most of the northerners who serve as security guards and foreign exchange traders were seen moving in groups to the border town of Amansea in Awka which has a large concentration of northerners.

It was not clear yesterday if they intended to depart the state completely, but many house holds that engaged their services said they returned from New Year celebration only to discover that their guards had abandoned their duty posts.

At a popular residential estate in Awka GRA, the northerners guarding the area approached their employers yesterday demanding that they be paid off because they were afraid to continue with the job. Not even the assurances of the residents could make them change their mind as they moved out soon after collecting their money.

Suya spots in the town have also disappeared, while some of the popular yam, onion and tomato markets did not have commodities yesterday because the trailer drivers bringing them did not come.

One of the guards, Mohammed, said: “It is not that we do not like to remain here. The reason we want to leave is due to the threat by Boko Haram which made our people to ask us to return immediately.”

He, however, promised that they would come back when the situation of things normalized.

The popular Bridge Head goat market in Onitsha has also been deserted as the northerners selling in the market could not be seen.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/northerners-flee-anambra-over-fear-of-reprisal/
Re: Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! by Beaf: 4:55am On Jan 06, 2012
They must not be allowed to leave for numerous reasons.
Re: Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! by Obiagu1(m): 4:58am On Jan 06, 2012
Beaf:

LMAO
U want cage them?
Re: Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! by Onlytruth(m): 5:03am On Jan 06, 2012
I don't blame them. It is in their best interest until everything settles down again. I would want Igbos in the North to return home too until all these calm down.
Re: Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! by koruji(m): 5:04am On Jan 06, 2012
Really, Beaf. Did you just say that

I think it would be best for you to stay away from making statements like this - you might think you are helping GEJ, but even the blind can see that you are causing him more harm than good.

I hope he pulls your funding and shut you up soon - you have simply gone rabid, like a crazy dog.

Even Obiagu1 doesn't seem to understand why you would utter such nonsense.

Beaf:

Re: Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! by Beaf: 5:09am On Jan 06, 2012
Obiagu1:

LMAO
U want cage them?

No, but they can be persuaded to remain as part of ways to assuage the situation. Especially as no one has threatened them.
It doesn't speak well of the state of security.

koruji:

Really, Beaf. Did you just say that

I think it would be best for you to stay away from making statements like this - you might think you are helping GEJ, but even the blind can see that you are causing him more harm than good.

I hope he pulls your funding and shut you up soon - you have simply gone rabid, like a crazy dog.

Even Obiagu1 doesn't seem to understand why you would utter such nonsense.

You are so stup!d, I wonder why you have to bring GEJ into everything? Are you possessed or mad?
In times of crisis such as we have, you do not allow people mass migrate. It is commonsense, but I have concluded that you are either stup!d or mad.
Re: Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! by koruji(m): 5:14am On Jan 06, 2012
Raw nerve touched cheesy cheesy cheesy I am satisfied. cool cool cool

Beaf:

You are so stup!d, I wonder why you have to bring GEJ into everything? Are you possessed or mad?
In times of crisis such as we have, you do not allow people mass migrate. It is commonsense, but I have concluded that you are either stup!d or mad.
Re: Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! by koruji(m): 5:16am On Jan 06, 2012
You deceive no one, rabid dog - cuckoo cry cry cry

Beaf:

No, but they can be persuaded to to assuage the situation. Especially as no one has threatened them.
Re: Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! by Chyz2: 5:18am On Jan 06, 2012
I don't think they should be allowed to come back if boko haram carries out their threat. It seems as though these people get together during meetings,maybe at prayer, and make unanimous plans. If they can all plan to leave at a particular time, then why have up until now have a protest in Anambra against the boko haram bombings in the north? So is it to tell us that their people will continue to kill Igbos and decrease our population, then come back to our land to slowly populate there? Mba, no! Tit for tat.
Re: Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! by Beaf: 5:19am On Jan 06, 2012
koruji:

Raw nerve touched cheesy cheesy cheesy I am satisfied. cool cool cool

You are satisfied to be found lying and defined as stup!d or mad? Choi!!!! shocked shocked shocked
Wonders! grin grin grin grin

Unu go tek laf kill antelope o!

Re: Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! by koruji(m): 5:24am On Jan 06, 2012
Confirmed, Beaf is cuckoo. Look at him laughing all by himself without stopping.

O ma se o.

Beaf:

Unu go tek laf kill antelope o!

Re: Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! by Obiagu1(m): 5:25am On Jan 06, 2012
Beaf:

No, but they can be persuaded to remain as part of ways to assuage the situation. Especially as no one has threatened them.

I get your point.
Re: Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! by koruji(m): 5:27am On Jan 06, 2012
There was no point in what he said in reply. His previous statements here on NL can be easily interpreted to decipher what he thought he was covering with a veiled statement.

In any case, there is no basis either for good or bad to prevent someone who wants to leave a place from going where they want to go.

Shameless Beaf - I am sorry for you.

Obiagu1:

I get your point.
Re: Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! by nku5: 8:03am On Jan 06, 2012
In that case,southerners up north need to take cue and move down south as quickly as possible. In my experience with such things, northerners dont move out until they are certain that violence or a lose-lose situation is upon them.
Re: Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 06, 2012
These northerners always seem to flee whenever they sense danger in the South, while Igbos stay put in the north and get murdered despite death staring them in the face.
Re: Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! by chino11(m): 8:33am On Jan 06, 2012
Why are they running? I thought this guys are suicide bombers that doesnt fear death. I confirmed yesterday when I got back to Awka that our gateman from Niger State that guards our premises has disappeared into the tin air without nobody knowing his way about. We should not leave this people killing our own why we treat them with kids cloves.
Re: Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! by onyekabe(m): 8:46am On Jan 06, 2012
These hausa people are so sensible look the way they are rushing home to avoid been attacked. But what will happen if these people arrive their homeland. I gues boco haram will intensify thier killing knowing fully well that their people are back
Re: Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! by nagoma(m): 10:18am On Jan 06, 2012
Who ever is behind Boko Haram must be happy in their effort to maintain unrest and insecurity in the land and the treacherous Government that keep telling us - "They know who is (are) the sponsor(s) of BH" are just watching and more concerned with inflicting more hardship by increasing the pump price of petrol many fold. angry angry
Re: Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! by drstan(m): 10:21am On Jan 06, 2012
Hmmm, thank God my galfrnd no go day heat me wit suya again,, wait igbo man fit do gate man job,.
Re: Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 06, 2012
They should not be allowed to leave. They should be decimated. Pay back is a bit.ch
Re: Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! by djeezy(m): 10:36am On Jan 06, 2012
With the way things are going, they're being wise by leaving. Because when the southerners start to reciprocate likewise. The available muslims within will be where the Ibos will start from. So i urge the southerners to return and the northerners to leave untill FG takes a proactive measure that will bring peace back to the country.
Re: Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! by supoade: 10:37am On Jan 06, 2012
GEJ is very daft not to have Declared Proper State of Emergency in some northern states like Borno,Yobe etc by replacing all  Elected office holders with military personel and give marching Order to Level them at once.

What is the State of Emergency when all the sponsors (Governor, LGA chairmen, Councillors are still at their duty Post?

GEJ, appoint military administrators for states and dont focus on some LGA.

We are missing OBJ Walahi!  The father of modern Nigerian Thieves,!
Re: Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! by thoth: 10:42am On Jan 06, 2012
As long as the the southeast and southwest looks at Boko Haram as a Northern Hatched ploy AGAINST them, as long as The Northerners has fear for their lives while in the southeast and southwest, as long as Nigerian security service are bypassed and foreign ones having all the privileged, As long as those conditions and its psychological implications are sustained Nigeria is heading towards hell and the masses will suffer 30 times more.
Forget about Boko Haram, forget who is Hausa,Yoruba or Igbo, list those leaders from 1970 till date are the problem of Nigeria.
Re: Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! by Kx: 10:43am On Jan 06, 2012
Is this a confirmation of Gowon's one Nigeria?
Re: Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! by supoade: 10:51am On Jan 06, 2012
Is this a confirmation of Gowon's one Nigeria?

it is one Nigeria if notherner in Power. Crazy set of ppl, i no blame them, na Inept GEJ i blame who is afraid to crush them

HE does not want to act like Lion according to GEJ, Pls borrow Devil' garment to wear and act if it must put a stop to this BH madness

It is Time for ODI's strategy!!!! Level them ALL!!! starting with their EMIRS, Local Chiefs, LGA chairmen, GOVs
Re: Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! by chuqudy(m): 11:17am On Jan 06, 2012
This is guilty concience. They are heeding to their boko haram brothers advice to come back home. I need to see these minor members of boko harams living in Anambra. I pity the non northeners especially Igbos who accepted the federal government's advice to remain in the north. I know some thing that have never happened in the history of Nigeria will happen before this month ends.

All muslims in the north and south are in support of boko haram. Sambo, Asari Dokubo, buhari, Ibb, Atiku and all the muslim PDP, ANPP, CPC etc are in support of boko haram. I pity Jonathan. He is like a sheep surrounded by wolves. My advise to a non muslim(Christians, traditonalists, atheists etc) is to understand that this evil cult called islam is not your friend. If you see any muslim, try to be careful with him. I repeat, every muslim is a member of boko haram. The solution to Boko haram is the total elimination and execution of any Alah worshiping entity. Islam needs be uprooted completely from the root and eradicated from the history of the world. So, my dear non muslims, defend yourself and don't believe any muslim that tells you that he is not in support of boko haram. I can't live in the north. But if should live there, I would fortify myself with amunitions. I would silently poison and kill every muslim that comes my way. I hate Islam with all my body, mind, soul and spirit. My dream is to destroy all Muslims not because I hate people that do not worship in my religion, but because I hate people who kill in the name of an unknown and unseen beign.

Finally, if you are a Christian, traditionalist, atheist, join me in this campain against this blood sucking occultic society called islam. Defend yourself. If I were the one that lost my relatives during that Crismas bombing, by now I must have killed all hausas living in amausa in my area and beyond even with my last drop of blood.
Re: Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! by jedisco(m): 11:35am On Jan 06, 2012
look at how easy it is 4 these eediots to leave. This is because they are mainly security men and petty-traders who contribute little or nothing to the society. While Igbo folks in the north have chains of landed property and businesses running into millions.
They should be stopped and used as 'collateral' incase their brothers misbehave
Re: Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! by Okijajuju1(m): 11:38am On Jan 06, 2012
Eze Ndi Igbo 1 of Nairaland had better hold this Chukwudi guy o!! He is seriously an nkita ara that needs to be put down.

Anyways, I think that all borders in the south should be bloacked and sealed off.

These Muslims should not be allowed to leave. They should be rounded up and placed in a camp from where we can monitor them. Should shit hit the fan, we need them as leverage for negotiations.

Meanwhile, all southerners should return to the south. You all have been warned.
Re: Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! by chuqudy(m): 11:51am On Jan 06, 2012
Okija_juju:

Eze Ndi Igbo 1 of Nairaland had better hold this Chukwudi guy o!! He is seriously an nkita ara that needs to be put down.

I wish I can get you in person. You will experience exactly what our people experienced on Chrismas day in St. Theresa Catholic Church.
Re: Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! by AZeD1(m): 12:01pm On Jan 06, 2012
chuqudy:

This is guilty concience. They are heeding to their boko haram brothers advice to come back home. I need to see these minor members of boko harams living in Anambra. I pity the non northeners especially Igbos who accepted the federal government's advice to remain in the north. I know some thing that have never happened in the history of Nigeria will happen before this month ends.

All muslims in the north and south are in support of boko haram. Sambo, Asari Dokubo, buhari, Ibb, Atiku and all the muslim PDP, ANPP, CPC etc are in support of boko haram. I pity Jonathan. He is like a sheep surrounded by wolves. My advise to a non muslim(Christians, traditonalists, atheists etc) is to understand that this evil cult called islam is not your friend. If you see any muslim, try to be careful with him. I repeat, every muslim is a member of boko haram. The solution to Boko haram is the total elimination and execution of any Alah worshiping entity. Islam needs be uprooted completely from the root and eradicated from the history of the world. So, my dear non muslims, defend yourself and don't believe any muslim that tells you that he is not in support of boko haram. I can't live in the north. But if should live there, I would fortify myself with amunitions. I would silently poison and kill every muslim that comes my way. I hate Islam with all my body, mind, soul and spirit. My dream is to destroy all Muslims not because I hate people that do not worship in my religion, but because I hate people who kill in the name of an unknown and unseen beign.

Finally, if you are a Christian, traditionalist, atheist, join me in this campain against this blood sucking occultic society called islam. Defend yourself. If I were the one that lost my relatives during that Crismas bombing, by now I must have killed all hausas living in amausa in my area and beyond even with my last drop of blood.
And someone sent you to school? people like you should not have rights
Re: Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! by ayusman16(m): 12:12pm On Jan 06, 2012
A-ZeD:

And someone sent you to school? people like you should not have rights

Seconded angry
Re: Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! by tute972002(m): 12:14pm On Jan 06, 2012
@chuquidiot, clearly d raving of a mad man! U had beta visit d nearest psych ward b4 it gets out of hand, schizophrenic bigot wivout insight!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari / Exclude DSS From Anti-corruption Operations, Group Advises Buhari / Zamfara: Supreme Court Judgement Day On APC Primary Tussle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.