Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,809 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

Occupy Nigeria: Roads Leading To Eagle Square Have Been Blocked By Soldiers? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Occupy Nigeria: Roads Leading To Eagle Square Have Been Blocked By Soldiers? (7174 Views)

Thugs Block Roads Leading To Ekiti / Okada Riders Take Over Abuja Express, Headed To Eagle Square (photos) / Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Occupy Nigeria: Roads Leading To Eagle Square Have Been Blocked By Soldiers? by mukina2: 9:26am On Jan 06, 2012
All routes to Eagle Square block #OcuppyNigeria at Transcorp Hilton Gates and Unity Fountain and entire NCC and Ministry of Justice Road
https://twitter.com/umaribm/status/155201319685201920

Eagle Square Abuja is locked down by soldiers, GEJ is joking #occupyNigeria
https://twitter.com/rosanwo/status/155199937011912704

An @AP correspondent in Abuja says police, Civil Defense Corps members already at Eagle Square. Some have gas masks. #occupynigeria
https://twitter.com/jongambrellAP/status/155199749606223872
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Roads Leading To Eagle Square Have Been Blocked By Soldiers? by stynoski: 9:31am On Jan 06, 2012
I hv bn treckin for abt 30mins from where I parked just to get to my office. Eagle square has bn completely cordoned off by about 1,000 meters - heavily armed soldiers clad with assault rifles, live ammo and gas masks - pls beware!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Roads Leading To Eagle Square Have Been Blocked By Soldiers? by nasty45(m): 9:33am On Jan 06, 2012
this wont stop d protest.if they like let them block aso drive or nass.subsidy must return
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Roads Leading To Eagle Square Have Been Blocked By Soldiers? by jmslimx(m): 9:35am On Jan 06, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Roads Leading To Eagle Square Have Been Blocked By Soldiers? by segunjowo(m): 9:38am On Jan 06, 2012
Culled: Dav, id Mark earns N600 million annually + allowance, enough money to set up at least, 100 schools in his Benue State
President Jonathan and his friends will eat N1 billion worth of food in 2012, while fuelling their cars for N1.7 billion. This amount will build at least, 50 good health care centres in the South-South
N200 million was budgeted to water the gardens of the President in 2011. This is enough to , educate 200 Nigerians through university education
This is more than a quest for economic rights, it a quest for justice. This is not about fuel subsidy, it is about the ruling class’ war on the Nigerian masses. They cannot claim our country is broke when president Goodluck Jonathan continues to feed fat on N3 million worth of food everyday. They cannot claim to be broke when they increased the recurrent expenditure of the 2012 budget by another N92 billion. They cannot claim to be broke when the First Lady just spent N5billion furnishing an office. They cannot claim to be broke when in the whole budget is about their salaries and allowances.

The Prime minister of UK (England, Scotland, Northern Ireland & Wales) earns £142,500 a year with one of the top countries in the world with best infrastructure.
Senate President and deputy senate president earns in 4 months, six times what the UK Prime Minister earns in a year.

BOTTOM LINE: Government seeks to impoverish us the more by removing fuel subsidy while they continue to waste money on their friends and families!

ACTION PLAN: We will have PEACEFUL PROTESTS in all the 36 states + FCT from Friday 6th of Jan 2012 10AM
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Roads Leading To Eagle Square Have Been Blocked By Soldiers? by Ayoobscom(m): 9:38am On Jan 06, 2012
What is this epic madness GOD help us all!                    

Citizens for death experiments, Excuse me is this DEMOCRACY or MILLATARY regime we are in
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Roads Leading To Eagle Square Have Been Blocked By Soldiers? by mukina2: 9:39am On Jan 06, 2012
BREAKING: Hundreds of #OccupyNigeria protesters at Abuja's Eagle Square against the removal of fuel subsidy. #Nigeria
https://twitter.com/SarhanNews/status/155205798694371329
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Roads Leading To Eagle Square Have Been Blocked By Soldiers? by ArQueBusieR(m): 9:40am On Jan 06, 2012
I know soldiers. Do not try any 'stunts' if you value your life.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Roads Leading To Eagle Square Have Been Blocked By Soldiers? by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 06, 2012
Gej becoming a dictator?
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Roads Leading To Eagle Square Have Been Blocked By Soldiers? by mukina2: 9:45am On Jan 06, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Roads Leading To Eagle Square Have Been Blocked By Soldiers? by victorazy(m): 9:46am On Jan 06, 2012
Chai!! 9ja don spoil finish Oh poor GEJ so u no get brain and you deceived us to vote for you?
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Roads Leading To Eagle Square Have Been Blocked By Soldiers? by Demdem(m): 9:50am On Jan 06, 2012
Coward govt headed by the retardeen himself.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Roads Leading To Eagle Square Have Been Blocked By Soldiers? by 4tune1(m): 9:55am On Jan 06, 2012
This Jonathan Badluck will soon end up in peace or pieces any one he like he can choose.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Roads Leading To Eagle Square Have Been Blocked By Soldiers? by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 06, 2012
ArQueBusieR:

I know soldiers. Do not try any 'stunts' if you value your life.

Word! Protests, in Nigeria, can not work. What will work, if ever, is the proposed strike by NLC and TUC. One week strike is in itself an economic emergency that will force any government to act.

So don't waste your life.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Roads Leading To Eagle Square Have Been Blocked By Soldiers? by victorazy(m): 9:58am On Jan 06, 2012
@ Demdem
Plz bros what is the meaning of this ur word "Retardeen" cuz I no find'am for dictionary.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Roads Leading To Eagle Square Have Been Blocked By Soldiers? by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 06, 2012
I wonder where all the security fortifications will take him. If he's not careful, even the soldiers themselves will turn against him and kill him.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Roads Leading To Eagle Square Have Been Blocked By Soldiers? by sugardaddy1(m): 9:59am On Jan 06, 2012
victorazy:

@ Demdem
Plz bros what is the meaning of this your word "Retardeen" cuz I no find'am for dictionary.
^^^"Retardeen" >>>>>>Suegbe>>>>>Mumu>>>>>Zombie>>>Olodo>>>>>>GEJ!!!

Gerrit?
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Roads Leading To Eagle Square Have Been Blocked By Soldiers? by Cogent: 10:00am On Jan 06, 2012
It is official, this is not a democratic government but a military one.
As usual, Nigerians will just disturb on Nairaland and make noise and insult Jonathan and then go and continue living in opression quietly
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Roads Leading To Eagle Square Have Been Blocked By Soldiers? by Rhino5dm: 10:01am On Jan 06, 2012
Its a pity GEJ has invited the military himself. Hmm, little by little the marshal law is around the corner.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Roads Leading To Eagle Square Have Been Blocked By Soldiers? by Beaf: 10:03am On Jan 06, 2012
bayooooooo:

Word! Protests, in Nigeria, can not work. What will work, if ever, is the proposed strike by NLC and TUC. One week strike is in itself an economic emergency that will force any government to act.

So don't waste your life.

Even the NLC and TUC ones will fail.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Roads Leading To Eagle Square Have Been Blocked By Soldiers? by symbianDON(m): 10:04am On Jan 06, 2012
Ayoobscom:

What is this epic madness GOD help us all!                    

Citizens for death experiments, Excuse me is this DEMOCRACY or MILLATARY regime we are in  

what a pity!! how desperate can a leader get. unleashing soldiers and policemen on your citizens just because they are protesting against a certain policy they don't believe in? gosh!!! now i really understand the saying that whoever the gods want to kill they first make mad! goodluck to goodluck.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Roads Leading To Eagle Square Have Been Blocked By Soldiers? by eros(m): 10:05am On Jan 06, 2012
GEJ is like the proverbial foo.l who shot himself in the leg. This animal will be wiped away and forgotten like he never existed.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Roads Leading To Eagle Square Have Been Blocked By Soldiers? by Cogent: 10:08am On Jan 06, 2012
Beaf:

Even the NLC and TUC ones will fail.
Continue praying and hoping for the suffering of Nigerians to last.
I hope you choke on the blood money your master steals from the masses and gives to your greedy ar[i]s[/i]e.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Roads Leading To Eagle Square Have Been Blocked By Soldiers? by eros(m): 10:10am On Jan 06, 2012
victorazy:

@ Demdem
Plz bros what is the meaning of this your word "Retardeen" cuz I no find'am for dictionary.

RETARDEEN is the original surname of Goodluck Jonathan. When the arse wipe who should have been aborted was mistakenly born, his mother out of the pain and agony of giving birth to such a loser named him RETARDEEN, along side every other miserable name you can think of.  angry angry angry angry
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Roads Leading To Eagle Square Have Been Blocked By Soldiers? by eros(m): 10:11am On Jan 06, 2012
Will someone please locate beaf and put a bullet in his head already angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Roads Leading To Eagle Square Have Been Blocked By Soldiers? by Beaf: 10:13am On Jan 06, 2012
Cogent:

Continue praying and hoping for the suffering of Nigerians to last.
I hope you choke on the blood money your master steals from the masses and gives to your greedy ar[i]s[/i]e.

You are the one that will choke. Nigeria relies 100% on petroleum today, because of people like you who do not think it is possible to survive without it, therefore you oppose a govt that is trying to cure your unhealthy addiction.

There is no medicine that tickles you. The removal of the subsidy is very necessary, everyone has a right to demonstrate, but it should be for reasons to develop the country.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Roads Leading To Eagle Square Have Been Blocked By Soldiers? by dotunbond(m): 10:13am On Jan 06, 2012
We are not here to make noise,we should spread the gospel of actions to be taking and convince more people to join the struggle so we can actively participate in returning Nigeria back on track because this singular act by the govt is guaranteed to set Nigeria back, the fact of the matter is all the money that Nigeria has made has not been effectively utilized and in the nearest future if nothing is done now they will increase his price once again while the life of the citizenry doesn't improve the law maker just keep growing pot bellies, so it is either u join the fight or u get out of our way!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Roads Leading To Eagle Square Have Been Blocked By Soldiers? by Rhino5dm: 10:14am On Jan 06, 2012
Lemme Help, seems you are all struggling with meaning of Retarrdeen

Retardeen(n. Noun). Also retardeenho

1. name of any person with extreme stuupidity. E.g Goodluck Ebele Jonathan

2. name of any individual with genetic stuupidity and extreme daftness. E.g Jonathan Ebere Goodluck.

3. name of any person with an IQ slightly greater than that of a rabbit. E.g Goodluck Jonathan.

Refrence:
www. Dictionary_Nairalandrhino.html/retardeen/ask?

$ugardaddy:

^^^"Retardeen" >>>>>>Suegbe>>>>>Mumu>>>>>Zombie>>>Olodo>>>>>>GEJ!!!

Gerrit?
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Roads Leading To Eagle Square Have Been Blocked By Soldiers? by Beaf: 10:18am On Jan 06, 2012
dotunbond:

We are not here to make noise,we should spread the gospel of actions to be taking and convince more people to join the struggle so we can actively participate in returning Nigeria back on track because this singular act by the govt is guaranteed to set Nigeria back, the fact of the matter is all the money that Nigeria has made has not been effectively utilized and in the nearest future if nothing is done now they will increase his price once again while the life of the citizenry doesn't improve the law maker just keep growing pot bellies, so it is either u join the fight or u get out of our way!

How?
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Roads Leading To Eagle Square Have Been Blocked By Soldiers? by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 06, 2012
Most of the people protesting and very ignorant of the dynamics of subsidy on PMS. Boko Haram is on one side. Who loses if we break-up. I am sure I wont, my town has 14 oil wells and none is even tapped.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Roads Leading To Eagle Square Have Been Blocked By Soldiers? by UyiIredia(m): 10:25am On Jan 06, 2012
Beaf:

How?

For starters it reduces the already depreciated trust in government. Another one is that it impinges on the rights of citizen's to peaceful protest. A potentially good policy is best effected when all parties are carried along and are committed to it. Jonathan appears to prefer the opposite.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Roads Leading To Eagle Square Have Been Blocked By Soldiers? by UyiIredia(m): 10:27am On Jan 06, 2012
LeoMax:

Most of the people protesting and very ignorant of the dynamics of subsidy on PMS. Boko Haram is on one side. Who loses if we break-up. I am sure I wont, my town has 14 oil wells and none is even tapped.

I submit to you that the same applies to you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CRITICAL Reasons Why I Think "Chibok Girls" Is A SCAM And No Girl Was Kidnapped / (PICTURE) APC Legislator Caught Contesting In Two States / Fuel Subsidy: Total Md Can’t Defend N18.8bn Payment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.