Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Fuel Subsidy Removal: President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Removal: President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech (31395 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / Jonathan's Speech At Handover Presentation. / Jonathan's Speech At The UN General Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech by talktrue1(m): 9:24pm On Jan 07, 2012
Is he just waking up? this was what we expected like 2 months before the subsidy removal
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech by pokur: 9:24pm On Jan 07, 2012
I think we've seen this movie before.Previous administrations made same address.The only tweak i see is the 25% cut in basic salaries for the year 2012.No talk of reduction in the outrageous allowances they collect.
Hmm,the interesting times continue.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech by shokayz(m): 9:26pm On Jan 07, 2012
OMG! Dis yeye badluck still tink we are fools, put sugar for mouth dey talk like mumu. 25% reduction my ass. Oga we don wise pass dat one. We go meet on monday. Aluta continua
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech by Limaoscar: 9:26pm On Jan 07, 2012
Very long speech but message was clear.

Looking forward to see items nos 13,15,17 and 18 implemented swiftly.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech by aljharem(m): 9:27pm On Jan 07, 2012
pokur:

I think we've seen this movie before.Previous administrations made same address.The only tweak i see is the 25% cut in basic salaries for the year 2012.No talk of reduction in the outrageous allowances they collect.

Yes sir

during IBB he told us the same thing

during abacha he told us the same thing

during OBJ he told us the same thing

during GEJ should we keep accepting the same thing ?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech by mbulela: 9:27pm On Jan 07, 2012
enough of all these internet talk.
i beg where are the protests holding on Monday?
I need to make myself available. the fear of bullets is not enough. After all, some people dies in their sleep last night. Dead that was defeated on the cross over 2000 years ago, can't keep us down.
We need change and we need it now.
Enough of these stale air!!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech by foufou: 9:28pm On Jan 07, 2012
Jonathan's speech leaked to Saharareporters before it was broadcast! This shows that there are insiders in his office who don't wish him well! They must be the people misleading the man and telling him to carry go with fuel subsidy removal! Jonathan needs to sneak out in the night incognito and feel the pulse of the public on boko haram and fuel subsidy removal. He will be surprised to learn that he is totally out of touch with reality! Then, for him to still mention in his broadcast that Naija security forces are competent to handle the security challenges especially in the North confirms that he is out of touch. Or has he not heard of the killing of 11 innocent southern Christians in CAC upNorth today? I weep for Jonathan, whose naivety is being exploited by bad, mean and devilish Ministers and Advisers, such as Iweala and Dieziani!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech by ARareGem(f): 9:28pm On Jan 07, 2012
Same old, same old. Absolutely nothing new.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech by Challas(m): 9:29pm On Jan 07, 2012
I just wasted 15 minutes of my precious time.I would have used that time to "pick some beans"
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech by efisher(m): 9:30pm On Jan 07, 2012
It didn't have to be leaked from his office. It was pre-recorded and could have been leaked from NTA.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech by BIGERBOY1: 9:30pm On Jan 07, 2012
Can u imagine this guy telling us transport will go down. Tell that to my interstate bus fleer owner neighbour, and see if he don't slap you. If fuel don't go down transport fares won't, simple. It's not economics it's a matter of covering cost.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 07, 2012
I pity the poor thing in a black, dour hat. Really. Retrogressing rapidly from the most loved and popularly elected president in recent memory to the most despised. . .and he knows it. Yet he just can't reverse the accursed policy. Whatever 'cabal' that is holding him hostage must be really powerful.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech by dexterousg: 9:32pm On Jan 07, 2012
Dis one na fight to finish
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 07, 2012
pokur:

Enjoy the fresh air !
Challas:

I just wasted 15 minutes of my precious time.I would have used that time to "pick some beans"

Lmao grin
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech by ifeci: 9:33pm On Jan 07, 2012
The guy dey form Obama like say em dey talk am from his head but im no no say we don read am b4 him strt. he was just refreshing my memory sha.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech by manny4life(m): 9:33pm On Jan 07, 2012
This is what I found, I'm not even asking if it's true or not

BENEFITS OF SUBSIDY REMOVAL
Pls my people see this breakdown for 2012:
Feeding the Presidency :                       N992.57million
Kitchen and Household equipment:      N45million
Refreshment:                                        N293million
State House clinic:                                N1.2billion
Foreign trips:                                        N11.25billion3
New presidential fleets:                       N 1.9billion
Maintenance of Guest House:              N 1.5billion
Bullet proof cars:                                  N280 million
Extension of presidential villa              N75 million
Renovation of state house                  N530 million

We all deserve this treatment, after all most of us had shoes while growing up. We are even better than

Please people, how come N18+ goes to president and vice president, meanwhile, people are suffering on fuel subsidy?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech by psalmizt(m): 9:34pm On Jan 07, 2012
BIGER BOY:

Surely our govt has misplaced priorities. I even thought he was going to be squarely addressing BH rampage. NA subsidy still they worry am  angry
He shld be worried ooooo, cos the whole nation will frind to a hakt uf he deceides to treat the #Occupy movement with kid's glove
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech by chelseabmw(m): 9:35pm On Jan 07, 2012
shocked shocked
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech by dammiedot(m): 9:36pm On Jan 07, 2012
GEJ is reducing the executive arm of govt salary by 25%, when he should be cutting their allowances by 50%, *not interested in the speech abeg*, #OccupyNigeria all the way
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech by Feraz(m): 9:37pm On Jan 07, 2012
. . . .no mind the guy, after them don give am wetin im go talk. . . . .none on education. . . .it goes to show you how insensitive the govt is about the state of education in the country. . . . . .
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech by BIGERBOY1: 9:37pm On Jan 07, 2012
The annoying thing is that it's a 25% of BASIC. it's all those unnecessary allowance that makes up the bulk of their pay, what happens to that one NOFFIN.

btw is anyone watching the clowns parading themselves as transport association leaders? WHY DON'T JUST ANNOUNCE ON LIVE TV THAT TRANSPORT FARE WILL FALL TOMMOROW, OR THE NEXT WEEK OR SO. IF THEY CAN'T, THEN THEY SHOULD mess OFF
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech by Nadanbata: 9:37pm On Jan 07, 2012
LMAO Fresh airrrrrr 2012.

Na same lies from PDP as always.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech by shiroma: 9:38pm On Jan 07, 2012
I think GEJ need to walk away at this point in time. Its just repitition of old story. Nothing New. The people are complaining of subsidy removal and he was talking of reducing the salaries of FE arm of his government. Will that reduce the suffering of the average Nigeria people?  How are we sure that reduction is going to the implemented ( No bi Nigeria we dey)? What about the hidden allowances to law makers which are not reported?
I honestly believe now is the time to show to this government that the decision of a few cannot overturn the decision of the masses. Arise Nigerians and possess your possession.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech by obowunmi(m): 9:39pm On Jan 07, 2012
Pls stop insulting the president. ENOUGH. Show some respect here pls.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 07, 2012
manny4life:

This is what I found, I'm not even asking if it's true or not

BENEFITS OF SUBSIDY REMOVAL
Pls my people see this breakdown for 2012:
Feeding the Presidency :                       N992.57million
Kitchen and Household equipment:      N45million
Refreshment:                                        N293million
State House clinic:                                N1.2billion
Foreign trips:                                        N11.25billion3
New presidential fleets:                       N 1.9billion
Maintenance of Guest House:              N 1.5billion
Bullet proof cars:                                  N280 million
Extension of presidential villa              N75 million
Renovation of state house                  N530 million

We all deserve this treatment, after all most of us had shoes while growing up. We are even better than

Please people, how come N18+ goes to president and vice president, meanwhile, people are suffering on fuel subsidy?

Beaf will soon come and tell you that the president needs to be given special treat while the masses suffer.The more you look,the less you see.All of them na THIEVIES including jonathan.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech by MT: 9:40pm On Jan 07, 2012
Jona dey fall my hands every day. All those "palliatives" were after thought - they were hurriedly packaged. Why cant this guy delay this fuel subsidy removal, and properly work on the palliatives. Then he should consult with all stakeholders before embarking on full deregulation. How much is 25% cut in BASIC SALARY of the executive arm. It's the allowances that are CRIMINAL.

How do you even expect me to believe Mr president that looks so unsure of his own speech !!

The strike must go on, I beg NLC
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech by reagand200(m): 9:41pm On Jan 07, 2012
The first question the man on the street ask me after much explanation as to  why we have to DOWN TOOLS on Monday/09/2012 is:

WHERE IS THE PROTEST HOLDING?
ANY EXACT LOCATION?

Now, who will answer such A PIN-POINT question?

Let The ACTION-PLAN towards the EMANCIPATION of our be-corrupted country begin!

The Future Can Start here and, with NAIRALAND active (not passive) members making a clear cut STATEMENT/STAND now!!

GOD FORBID WE TO BE ANALYZING ON MONDAY RATHER THAN BEING ACTIVE!!

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech by cmpunk: 9:42pm On Jan 07, 2012
Plagiarism on play, Some 20 years ago, IBB said "The pain of today cannot be compared to the benefits of tomorrow," & GEJ just repeated same today! Hmm!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech by Obinoscopy(m): 9:43pm On Jan 07, 2012
Not only should political holder's basic salary be reduced by 25%, their jumbo allowances should be reduced as well
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech by BIGERBOY1: 9:43pm On Jan 07, 2012
What baffles me is the enthusiasm the govt is showing in inflicting hardship on the masses through subsidy removal. Yet the same govt was dragging it's feet in implementing the 18K min wage which IT PROMISED.

If I may ask how far with the implementation of the min wage. Coz I know my state has not started?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech by ifeci: 9:44pm On Jan 07, 2012
Pls stop insulting the president. ENOUGH. Show some respect here pls.

If i Slap u, u go fall commot this thread
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 07, 2012
Judging by the comments here, I now know dat most NLs are "unpatriotic", unsonsiderate and stereotyped.
The future gains will surely surpass the present pains.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bomb Blast At Alkali Road Kaduna / Buhari Passed 8 Bills Into Law. / PDP Submits Ademola Adeleke's Name To INEC For Approval (Photo)