Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,081 members, 7,852,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:35 PM

Should I Allow My Fiancee To Keep The Ring And Pics Of Her Ex - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Allow My Fiancee To Keep The Ring And Pics Of Her Ex (904 Views)

A Guy Begging My Fiancee To Marry Him And She Never Told Me / Should I Allow My Fiancee To Chat With Other Guys.? / Help, I'm Losing My Fiancee To A Church Brother... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Allow My Fiancee To Keep The Ring And Pics Of Her Ex by nihinlade(m): 11:56pm On Jan 07, 2012
Pls Nairalanders I need to know whelther it is ideal for my fiancee to keep the ring given to her by her ex. Also his pics are kept by her. We are getting married in a couple of months and I want to ask her to throw them away but I don't know if that is alright. Though she does not know that I have seen where she kept them. If u were in my shoes, what will u do?
Re: Should I Allow My Fiancee To Keep The Ring And Pics Of Her Ex by Beync(f): 12:15am On Jan 08, 2012
Ring ke? she should return the ring except she still have something going with him otherwise why keep the ring?
If you are not cool with the pics also talk about it with her and see why she is keeping them.
but she need to do away with those ex stuff if you both hav become serious and about to say i do.
Re: Should I Allow My Fiancee To Keep The Ring And Pics Of Her Ex by mobf: 12:16am On Jan 08, 2012
yes bros, she shouldn't keep just the ring and his pics, infact make sure she stays in contact with him okay.  And once in a while say hello to him when ever she calls him with your phone k?  angry
Re: Should I Allow My Fiancee To Keep The Ring And Pics Of Her Ex by nihinlade(m): 12:29am On Jan 08, 2012
@mobf, I only asked for your opinion, I know very well that she is not contacting him I know her and I have tracked her so many times and I know she is not having any contact with him she doesn't even know that I know that she is keeping them. the guy is far away in the north and we are in d west. She once told me that she returned it after they broke up but the guy did not take it from her.
Re: Should I Allow My Fiancee To Keep The Ring And Pics Of Her Ex by lolaluv1(f): 12:53am On Jan 08, 2012
Since the guy refused taking them from her, then she should just toss them in the trash (if it's the cheap type), if it's expensive, then she should make an effort to return it again). Pictures and engagement rings are sensitive things, especially the engagement ring. It was given in a promise which has since been broken! So why keep it?

I still have my ex's pics. But the moment I'm getting hitched, you can bet I'm getting rid of the pictures, cause I don't need a ghost from the past haunting my beautiful future! I tried returning them, but he wouldn't take them and told me to remember him with it! undecided
Re: Should I Allow My Fiancee To Keep The Ring And Pics Of Her Ex by mobf: 2:14am On Jan 08, 2012
nihinlade:

@mobf, I only asked for your opinion, I know very well that she is not contacting him I know her and I have tracked her so many times and I know she is not having any contact with him she doesn't even know that I know that she is keeping them. the guy is far away in the north and we are in d west. She once told me that she returned it after they broke up but the guy did not take it from her.
You need to sort out the issue of trust here before taking the next step bro. You wouldn't want to be following her about when you're married would you?
Listen to your heart and use your head.
Re: Should I Allow My Fiancee To Keep The Ring And Pics Of Her Ex by MarcAnthon(m): 3:17am On Jan 08, 2012
mobf:

yes bros, she shouldn't keep just the ring and his pics, infact make sure she stays in contact with him okay.  And once in a while say hello to him when ever she calls him with your phone k?  angry

Lol, you should be a satirist. Really. grin grin grin

@OP, I think it's clear now that keeping the ring is really weird. I don't suggest tossing it in trash though. Since he wouldn't have it back (which would have been the best option), she should sell it and give the proceeds to a motherless babies home (however small). As for the pictures, that's not as serious but I think you'd feel better if she doesn't keep them. Just let her know that. Goodluck.
Re: Should I Allow My Fiancee To Keep The Ring And Pics Of Her Ex by Nobody: 4:23am On Jan 08, 2012
why not? do you think destroying the piks or pawning the ring will erase the memories? undecided
Re: Should I Allow My Fiancee To Keep The Ring And Pics Of Her Ex by Mynd44: 7:46am On Jan 08, 2012
She might be using it for JUJU. She must have jazzed the guy for dumping her and those items are what she used so bro be careful
PS: The above is the biggest load of crap I have written in five minutes

(1) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Has Failed Jamb Again, Oh Noooooooooooooo! / Who To Save, Mother Or Wife? / Women Question For You All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.