Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,079 members, 7,838,721 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? (6554 Views)

Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked / Is Killing Someone A Punishment Or A Favor? / Testimonies Of Healings From HIV And AIDS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by Reverend(m): 4:26pm On Apr 06, 2006
Why should I know better when the scientific consensus of opinion is that beastiality between man and green monkeys are thought to be the source of the AIDS virus. It is a very well known fact!

I am sure that it was not caused by Brazilians taking monkey sex tours to Zaire !
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by allonym: 6:05pm On Apr 09, 2006
Reverend:

Why should I know better when the scientific consensus of opinion is that beastiality between man and green monkeys are thought to be the source of the AIDS virus. It is a very well known fact!

I am sure that it was not caused by Brazilians taking monkey sex tours to Zaire !

This is a known fact among who, the Idiot Society of Nigeria? I'm assuming this is a joke right? Sometimes, I can't tell when people are posting jokes or when they are being serious.
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by Reverend(m): 6:37am On Apr 11, 2006
Which is the Joke?

1. God is punishing us?

or

2. Green Monkies caused Aids?
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by allonym: 5:27am On May 30, 2006
I'm assuming the green monkey's part.
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by Reverend(m): 9:14am On May 30, 2006
Maybe God was punishing the Green Monkies?
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by allonym: 7:29am On Jun 26, 2006
Reverend:

Maybe God was punishing the Green Monkies?

maybe so. . . i'm looking over this now. . . I think i must've been very tired the last couple times I posted in this topic. . . lol
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by Shentz(f): 7:50pm On Jun 28, 2006
God will not send diseases to harm his children. Its the devil
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by allonym: 3:14am On Jul 01, 2006
*Shentz*:

God will not send diseases to harm his children. Its the devil

funny, God has done it before
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by Drusilla(f): 6:27am On Jul 01, 2006
Aids is just a consequence of sin in this world.

No different than drunk drivers.

Not everybody who dies in a drunk driving crash is guilty of a crime.
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by lordimpaq(m): 1:40pm On Jul 01, 2006
all i can say is that, everything that is happening is as a result of what God wants, (His Will)

He knows he's gonna happen, nothing in this life is conincedental, its our fate, our choices made are already known to God, so he knows there will be a virus and he allowed the virus,

if God wants a cure to exist, it will exist he is God.
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by allonym: 5:34am On Jul 03, 2006
Drusilla:

Aids is just a consequence of sin in this world.

No different than drunk drivers.

Not everybody who dies in a drunk driving crash is guilty of a crime.

just like not everyone who dies from aids is guilty of a sin. Just because you die from something, doesn't mean that God didn't cause it. Didn't God have all the firstborn of the Egyptians killed to get the Israelites released from slavery? What sins did the babies that God killed commit? Its not like they chose to be born Egyptian, after all, that is in God's hands.
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by mlksbaby(f): 7:28am On Jul 03, 2006
allonym:

Didn't God have all the firstborn of the Egyptians killed to get the Israelites released from slavery?

And it was okay for the Egyptians to continue to hold the Israelites in bondage even after several warnings to Pharaoh to let them go? Quaint.
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by allonym: 4:06am On Jul 04, 2006
mlks_baby:

And it was okay for the Egyptians to continue to hold the Israelites in bondage even after several warnings to Pharaoh to let them go? Quaint.

I never said that. I was responding to someone's assetation that God does not visit things such as disease unto people.

But, for the sake of argument, lets look at your post. You imply that God was justified in KILLING the first born of the Egyptians simply because they disobeyed him. Because he is God. Let us keep in mind, God claims to be a being so great and beyond us, we cannot comprehend him. It is like the intellectual difference between a parent (or a person of authority) and a child. Now, if God was a human being, say a school principal, and he killed all the children in a classroom who were born in january, because the class repeated disobeyed him, God would be in jail, tried, and readied for execution. Am I the only person who sees the irony in this?
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by diddy4(m): 4:31am On Jul 04, 2006
yes it is.
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by Reverend(m): 9:49am On Jul 04, 2006
@ allonym

You are not the only person. I for one have always found it ironic lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I think the following passage from 'Religion according to George Carlin' sums up the reality :-

When it comes to bullshit, big-time, major league bullshit, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bullshit story. Holy Shit!

You can read the full text here:- http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/luciedove/vpost?id=844622&trail=

Enjoy grin grin grin
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by mrpataki(m): 4:14pm On Feb 11, 2007
There had been warnings about it.
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by Chiori(m): 11:46pm On Jul 27, 2007
HIV/AIDS may be that. I will give the bible reference to it in my next post on this thread.
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by Horus(m): 12:23am On Jul 28, 2007
Nigerian officials became aware of internet reports suggesting the WHO vaccine might be contaminated with HIV (the AIDS virus) and other cancer-causing viruses.

Source: http://www.newdawnmagazine.com/Articles/Cancer_Causing_Vaccines.html
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by KAG: 6:56pm On Jul 28, 2007
mrpataki:

There had been warnings about it.

There had? Quelle Horreur! What kind of warnings?

Chiori:

HIV/AIDS may be that. I will give the bible reference to it in my next post on this thread.

Cool.

Horus:

Nigerian officials became aware of internet reports suggesting the WHO vaccine might be contaminated with HIV (the AIDS virus) and other cancer-causing viruses.

Source: http://www.newdawnmagazine.com/Articles/Cancer_Causing_Vaccines.html

WHO is God?

[size=4pt]See what i did there?[/size]
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by Horus(m): 8:44pm On Jul 28, 2007
WHO is God?
Il faut lire l'article sur le lien.
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by Chiori(m): 12:11am On Jul 31, 2007
Alright! Here it is. Revelations 2 verses 20 to 23.
Re: Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? by Dios(f): 3:43pm On Jul 31, 2007
@Reverend, that made my day. god can't handle money lmfao.
Y'all are a bunch of simpletons, everything is black and white to you people, its god's will, it's the devil's work,
For real, y'all need to read other things besides your god forsaken bibles.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christian Lady Cooking Sahur&iftar For A Muslim Brother;islamic Perspective / Muhammed Claims Satan Farts And Flees During Muslim Call To Prayer / If Adam And Eve Where Whites According To Some Books And Bibles,why Are We Black

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.