Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,421 members, 7,830,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Cannibalism In The Bible! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cannibalism In The Bible! (8974 Views)

Christians Practise Cannibalism Witchcraft Through Communion / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / Cannibalism In The Bible: Det 28:53-57, Lev 26:29, Jer 19:9, Ezek 5:10, Lam 4:10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LogicMind: 1:15am On Jan 29, 2012
Here is what your koran says about menstruation. Do you agree?

Koran 2:222 They question thee (O Muhammad) concerning menstruation. Say: It is an illness, so let women alone at such times and go not in unto them till they are cleansed. And when they have purified themselves, then go in unto them as Allah hath enjoined upon you. Truly Allah loveth those who turn unto Him, and loveth those who have a care for cleanness.
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LogicMind: 1:18am On Jan 29, 2012
Here is what it says about gender equality. You don't agree with your book?

Koran 2:228 Women who are divorced shall wait, keeping themselves apart, three (monthly) courses. And it is not lawful for them that they should conceal that which Allah hath created in their wombs if they are believers in Allah and the Last Day. And their husbands would do better to take them back in that case if they desire a reconciliation. And they (women) have rights similar to those (of men) over them in kindness, and men are a degree above them. Allah is Mighty, Wise.
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LogicMind: 1:21am On Jan 29, 2012
In your book a woman is worth one-half a man.

Koran 2:282 "Call two witness from among your men ,  And if two men be not at hand, then a man and two women."

Males are to inherit twice that of females.

4:11 "To the male the equivalent of the portion of two females"
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LogicMind: 1:24am On Jan 29, 2012
Wife exchange is accepted by allah!!!

4:20 And if ye wish to exchange one wife for another and ye have given unto one of them a sum of money (however great), take nothing from it. Would ye take it by the way of calumny and open wrong ?
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LagosShia: 1:26am On Jan 29, 2012
Logic Mind:

Here is what it says about gender equality. You don't agree with your book?

Koran 2:228 Women who are divorced shall wait, keeping themselves apart, three (monthly) courses. And it is not lawful for them that they should conceal that which Allah hath created in their wombs if they are believers in Allah and the Last Day. And their husbands would do better to take them back in that case if they desire a reconciliation. And they (women) have rights similar to those (of men) over them in kindness, and men are a degree above them. Allah is Mighty, Wise.

Holy Quran 2:228
"Divorced women remain in waiting for three periods, and it is not lawful for them to conceal what Allah has created in their wombs if they believe in Allah and the Last Day. And their husbands have more right to take them back in this [period] if they want reconciliation. And due to the wives is similar to what is expected of them, according to what is reasonable. But the men have a degree over them [in responsibility and authority]. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise".

in Islam,the man is the head of the family as he takes care of the family and support the wife financially.in Islam,when a man marries,he is obliged to provide for the wife.it is not disputed.but the Quran does not tell me these:

"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything." (Ephesians 5:22-24)
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LagosShia: 1:27am On Jan 29, 2012
Logic Mind:

Here is what your koran says about menstruation. Do you agree?

Koran 2:222 They question thee (O Muhammad) concerning menstruation. Say: It is an illness, so let women alone at such times and go not in unto them till they are cleansed. And when they have purified themselves, then go in unto them as Allah hath enjoined upon you. Truly Allah loveth those who turn unto Him, and loveth those who have a care for cleanness.

2:222
And they ask you about menstruation. Say, "It is harm, so keep away from wives during menstruation. And do not approach them until they are pure. And when they have purified themselves, then come to them from where Allah has ordained for you. Indeed, Allah loves those who are constantly repentant and loves those who purify themselves."
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LogicMind: 1:30am On Jan 29, 2012
Why are you quoting xtian bible to me? I already told you that both books are useless. koran being a pathetic attempt at copying the bible.

Back to the koran. Men are in charge of women, because Allah made men to be better than women. Women must obey men, and if they refuse they must be punished. Refuse to have sex with them and beat them into submission

4:34 Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them. Then if they obey you, seek not a way against them. Lo! Allah is ever High, Exalted, Great.
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LogicMind: 1:34am On Jan 29, 2012
Women, even unmenstruationg ones are impure. You must wash yourself before you pray if you touch them. If you can't find water, rub clean dirt on yourself!

4:43 O ye who believe! Draw not near unto prayer when ye are drunken, till ye know that which ye utter, nor when ye are polluted, save when journeying upon the road, till ye have bathed. And if ye be ill, or on a journey, or one of you cometh from the closet, or ye have touched women, and ye find not water, then go to high clean soil and rub your faces and your hands (therewith). Lo! Allah is Benign, Forgiving.
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LagosShia: 1:36am On Jan 29, 2012
Logic Mind:

In your book a woman is worth one-half a man.

Koran 2:282 "Call two witness from among your men ,  And if two men be not at hand, then a man and two women."

"In all verses regarding testimony or witnessing the mention of the “one man, two women” policy is only regarding transactions. All other verses are general and state two witnesses with no references of gender made.The prolonged verse on testimony is directed at transactions of business affairs. Why is the ratio scaled, and would this be the case for all witnessing or testifying"?

Nonetheless, there are some cases or issues that require the expertise, knowledge, and experiences to which only women can testify. A woman’s testimony or witnessing is not always or necessarily in the ratio of “one man-two women” in all cases. When it comes to women’s issues such as menstruation, pregnancy, marital consummation, or childbirth, Islamic scholars or judges will, in most cases, agree that a woman’s testimony takes precedence over that of a man’s.

Concerning the verse on transactions, generally in the past, women were not as familiar with contracts and negotiations as men. Business was a man’s profession. Men were more informed and experienced in commercial trade, industrial establishments, credits, debtors, arrangements, and expectancy of loans. In general, men knew more about business than women, hence the ratio of two women as testifiers was mainly based on a woman’s inexperience in transactions, not on her ability or intelligence or on a lack of trust.

"Testifying and Judging"
http://www.al-islam.org/wii-persp-edt2/13.htm

Males are to inherit twice that of females.

4:11 "To the male the equivalent of the portion of two females"

this is but just.

a girl gets married.a man marries a woman and starts a family he takes care.the woman actually also enjoys that of her husband.

basically it is the same in each family with husband and wife.
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LogicMind: 1:37am On Jan 29, 2012
Don't bother trying to treat your wives fairly. It's impossible according to your great book.

4:129 Ye will not be able to deal equally between (your) wives, however much ye wish (to do so). But turn not altogether away (from one), leaving her as in suspense. If ye do good and keep from evil, lo! Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful.
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LagosShia: 1:40am On Jan 29, 2012
Logic Mind:

Why are you quoting xtian bible to me? I already told you that both books are useless. koran being a pathetic attempt at copying the bible.
fool with 7 horns,i did not quote the bible.

4:34 Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them. Then if they obey you, seek not a way against them. Lo! Allah is ever High, Exalted, Great.

4:34
Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike away from them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-817561.0.html#msg9693077
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LagosShia: 1:42am On Jan 29, 2012
Logic Mind:

Don't bother trying to treat your wives fairly. It's impossible according to your great book.

4:129 Ye will not be able to deal equally between (your) wives, however much ye wish (to do so). But turn not altogether away (from one), leaving her as in suspense. If ye do good and keep from evil, lo! Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful.

And you will never be able to be equal [in feeling] between wives, even if you should strive [to do so]. So do not incline completely [toward one] and leave another hanging. And if you amend [your affairs] and fear Allah - then indeed, Allah is ever Forgiving and Merciful.
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LagosShia: 1:46am On Jan 29, 2012
Logic Mind:

Women, even unmenstruationg ones are impure. You must wash yourself before you pray if you touch them. If you can't find water, rub clean dirt on yourself!

4:43 O ye who believe! Draw not near unto prayer when ye are drunken, till ye know that which ye utter, nor when ye are polluted, save when journeying upon the road, till ye have bathed. And if ye be ill, or on a journey, or one of you cometh from the closet, or ye have touched women, and ye find not water, then go to high clean soil and rub your faces and your hands (therewith). Lo! Allah is Benign, Forgiving.

4:43
O you who have believed, do not approach prayer while you are intoxicated until you know what you are saying or in a state of janabah, except those passing through [a place of prayer], until you have washed [your whole body]. And if you are ill or on a journey or one of you comes from the place of relieving himself or you have contacted women and find no water, then seek clean earth and wipe over your faces and your hands [with it]. Indeed, Allah is ever Pardoning and Forgiving
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LogicMind: 1:46am On Jan 29, 2012
LagosShia:

"In all verses regarding testimony or witnessing the mention of the “one man, two women” policy is only regarding transactions. All other verses are general and state two witnesses with no references of gender made.The prolonged verse on testimony is directed at transactions of business affairs. Why is the ratio scaled, and would this be the case for all witnessing or testifying"?

Nonetheless, there are some cases or issues that require the expertise, knowledge, and experiences to which only women can testify. A woman’s testimony or witnessing is not always or necessarily in the ratio of “one man-two women” in all cases. When it comes to women’s issues such as menstruation, pregnancy, marital consummation, or childbirth, Islamic scholars or judges will, in most cases, agree that a woman’s testimony takes precedence over that of a man’s.

Concerning the verse on transactions, generally in the past, women were not as familiar with contracts and negotiations as men. Business was a man’s profession. Men were more informed and experienced in commercial trade, industrial establishments, credits, debtors, arrangements, and expectancy of loans. In general, men knew more about business than women, hence the ratio of two women as testifiers was mainly based on a woman’s inexperience in transactions, not on her ability or intelligence or on a lack of trust.

And your all knowing allah gave this rule? even my dog treats his bit.ches a lot better.

"Testifying and Judging"
http://www.al-islam.org/wii-persp-edt2/13.htm

this is but just.

a girl gets married.a man marries a woman and starts a family he takes care.the woman actually also enjoys that of her husband.

basically it is the same in each family with husband and wife.

There. Your true colours are showing. In your eyes a clear injustice is just. What if a man has only daughters? What message are you sending to girls? Always inferior. Why can't a husband enjoy that of his wife?
No, it's not the same in each family. There are different number of children and different gender ratios in families. There are also disparities concerning wealth amongst families. Reducing one's inheritance because of gender is wrong.
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LagosShia: 1:51am On Jan 29, 2012
[b]"Logic Mind",

your trick and deceitful copy/paste shows your life is very bitter.you lack happiness in it apparently.

i wont bother to argue with you because you are not reasonable.someone is showing you that you are deliberately misinterpreting verses by playing with words and changing them to mean something else through mistranslation.

i am in no urgency or need to help you or correct you.fools like you destroy themselves with their own hands.i am very sure that the bitterness you show is the same bitterness you have in your household and life.correct me if im wrong here.

this thread was christian-muslim,until a foolish atheist wants to show that only him is wise and both religions are the same.you will fail and your entire generation past and future will do no harm to islam or the Quran.you only demonstrate your foolishness.

many would laugh at your trick you just showed.next time when you see my username,you will learn to mind your business.i am not semi-literate or doubtful in anyway of what i believe in,the religion of Islam.[/b]
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LogicMind: 1:51am On Jan 29, 2012
LagosShia:

fool with 7 horns,i did not quote the bible.

Yes you did.

LagosShia:

"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything." (Ephesians 5:22-24)

Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LagosShia: 1:57am On Jan 29, 2012
Logic Mind:

Yes you did.

i did not type those verses to convince you that the bible is bad or you should not believe in it.

i only did as reference to demonstrate a difference and give examples.
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LagosShia: 2:00am On Jan 29, 2012
Logic Mind:

Wife exchange is accepted by allah!!!

4:20 And if ye wish to exchange one wife for another and ye have given unto one of them a sum of money (however great), take nothing from it. Would ye take it by the way of calumny and open wrong ?

4:20
But if you want to replace one wife with another and you have given one of them a great amount [in gifts], do not take [back] from it anything. Would you take it in injustice and manifest sin?
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LogicMind: 2:01am On Jan 29, 2012
LagosShia:

[b]"Logic Mind",

your trick and deceitful copy/paste shows your life is very bitter.you lack happiness in it apparently.

i wont bother to argue with you because you are not reasonable.someone is showing you that you are deliberately misinterpreting verses by playing with words and changing them to mean something else through mistranslation.

i am in no urgency or need to help you or correct you.fools like you destory themselves with their own hands.i am very sure that the bitterness you show is the same bitterness you have in your household and life.correct me if im wrong here.

this thread was christian-muslim,until a foolish atheist wants to show that only him is wise and both religions are the same.you will fail and your entire generation past and future will do no harm to islam or the Quran.you only demonstrate your foolishness.

many would laugh at your trick you just showed.next time when you see my username,you will learn to mind your business.i am not semi-literate or doubtful in anyway of what i believe in,the religion of Islam.[/b]

another soldier of allah on the run.

yes i'm bitter but not because of the reasons you give. i'm bitter because I just lost $2000 on the stock exchange so can't take my daughter out this weekend as i promised her, so she is bitter now but next week this bitternes will disappear if my main deal matures.
try doing something productive instead of quoting verses from old and useless books written by mad men.
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LogicMind: 2:01am On Jan 29, 2012
Though there might be a temporary bitterness in my household, according to your holy book. your own household are your enemies!

64:14 O ye who believe! Lo! among your wives and your children there are enemies for you, therefore beware of them. And if ye efface and overlook and forgive, then lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LagosShia: 2:06am On Jan 29, 2012
Logic Mind:

another soldier of allah on the run.
you wish!

yes i'm bitter but not because of the reasons you give. i'm bitter because I just lost $2000 on the stock exchange so can't take my daughter out this weekend as i promised her, so she is bitter now but next week this bitternes will disappear if my main deal matures.
try doing something productive instead of quoting verses from old and useless books written by mad men.

without Allah and His Quran,and with the lifestyle you are leading,one of deceit and dishonest to deliberately mistranslate the Quran and misinterprete so that you can put it on the same level as the filthy bible,your entire life would be a loss and more bitterness.

i dont wish that for you.but take my words as advice.and repent!!!
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LagosShia: 2:12am On Jan 29, 2012
Logic Mind:

Though there might be a temporary bitterness in my household, according to your holy book. your own household are your enemies!

64:14 O ye who believe! Lo! among your wives and your children there are enemies for you, therefor beware of them. And if ye efface and overlook and forgive, then lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

may be you can learn a few things from the book you describe as "old and useless":

[Shakir 64:14] O you who believe! surely from among your wives and your children there is an enemy to you; therefore beware of them; and if you pardon and forbear and forgive, then surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

[Pooya/Ali Commentary 64:14]
Aqa Mahdi Puya says:

Man must guard against the vain desires of his wives, children and relatives which, if complied with, lead to deviation and disobedience of Allah and His Prophet (strictly prohibited in verse 12). It is recommended that they must not be harshly treated for their misguided promptings.
http://quran.al-islam.org/

it is indeed a bitter reality of life that many wives have turned enemies to their husbands by even poisoning them and children too who bring disagrace to their father's house.so indeed a man must be an exemplary head of the family who should control and lead by example.
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LogicMind: 2:16am On Jan 29, 2012
everything you say shows what islam thinks about women

vain desires of his wives

none of my wife's desires is vain. you see why i can never be a muslim.
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LogicMind: 2:19am On Jan 29, 2012
LagosShia:

may be you can learn a few things from the book you describe as "old and useless":

it is indeed a bitter reality of life that many wives have turned enemies to their husbands by even poisoning them and children too who bring disagrace to their father's house.so indeed a man must be an exemplary head of the family who should control and lead by example.

Unlike you, me and my wife are equally responsible for my family. Unlike you, I have no wish to control her.
Nothing my child will ever do will be considered a disgrace to our family.

I pity your family, allah freak.
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LagosShia: 2:24am On Jan 29, 2012
Logic Mind:

everything you say shows what islam thinks about women

none of my wife's desires is vain. you see why i can never be a muslim.

dont apply or make an exception as the general situation.

Logic Mind:

Unlike you, me and my wife are equally responsible for my family. Unlike you, I have no wish to control her.
Nothing my child will ever do will be considered a disgrace to our family.

I pity your family, allah freak.

even though my wife can work and be employed or do business on her own while still taking care of me and the children,i as the man is fully responsible to make sure i feed the entire family and her and take good care of her and make sure she isn't lacking anything.whatever money she works belongs to her.and her earnings do not excuse me of my responsibility which Allah in the Quran placed upon the man and not the woman.

our women are more well taken care of and respected.

the problem is when you bring out exceptions and odd cases to portray as the general situation of all muslims.
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LogicMind: 2:25am On Jan 29, 2012
Allah's rules for divorcing wives that have not yet reached puberty. PEDOFILIA!

Koran 65:4  And for such of your women as despair of menstruation, if ye doubt, their period (of waiting) shall be three months, along with those who have it not. And for those with child, their period shall be till they bring forth their burden. And whosoever keepeth his duty to Allah, He maketh his course easy for him.
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LogicMind: 2:30am On Jan 29, 2012
Another copy and paste:

Question:

Does Islam teach that a woman is worth less than a man?

Summary Answer:

Absolutely. The only debatable point is by what degree.

The Qur'an:

Qur'an (4:11) - (Inheritance) "The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females" (see also verse 4:176). In Islam, sexism is mathematically established.

Qur'an (2:282) - (Court testimony) "And call to witness, from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not found then a man and two women." Muslim apologists offer creative explanations to explain why Allah felt that a man's testimony in court should be valued twice as highly as a woman's, but studies consistently show that women are actually less likely to tell lies than men, meaning that they would make more reliable witnesses.

Qur'an (2:228) - "and the men are a degree above them [women]"

Qur'an (5:6) - "And if ye are unclean, purify yourselves. And if ye are sick or on a journey, or one of you cometh from the closet, or ye have had contact with women, and ye find not water, then go to clean, high ground and rub your faces and your hands with some of it" Men are to rub dirt on their hands if there is no water to purify them following casual contact with a woman (such as shaking hands).

Qur'an (24:31) - Women are to lower their gaze around men, so they do not look them in the eye. (To be fair, men are told to do the same thing in the prior verse).

Qur'an (2:223) - "Your wives are as a tilth unto you; so approach your tilth when or how ye will, " A man has dominion over his wives' bodies as he does his land. This verse is overtly sexual. There is some dispute as to whether it is referring to the practice of anal intercourse, which it has been used historically to justify. If this is what Muhammad meant, however, then it would appear to contradict what he said in Muslim (8:3365).

Qur'an (4:3) - (Wife-to-husband ratio) "Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four" Inequality by numbers.

Qur'an (53:27) - "Those who believe not in the Hereafter, name the angels with female names." Angels are sublime beings, and would therefore be male.

Qur'an (4:24) and Qur'an (33:50) - A man is permitted to take women as sex slaves outside of marriage. Note that the verse distinguishes wives from captives (those whom they right hand possesses).

From the Hadith:

Bukhari (6:301) - "[Muhammad] said, 'Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?' They replied in the affirmative. He said, 'This is the deficiency in her intelligence.'"

Bukhari (6:301) - continued - "[Muhammad said] 'Isn't it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?' The women replied in the affirmative. He said, 'This is the deficiency in her religion.'" Allah has made women deficient in the practice of their religion as well, by giving them menstrual cycles.

Bukhari (2:28) - Women comprise the majority of Hell's occupants. This is important because the only women in heaven ever mentioned by Muhammad are the virgins who serve the sexual desires of men. (A weak Hadith, Kanz al-`ummal, 22:10, even suggests that 99% of women go to Hell).

Bukhari (62:81) - "The Prophet said: "'The stipulations most entitled to be abided by are those with which you are given the right to enjoy the (women's) private parts (i.e. the stipulations of the marriage contract).'" In other words, the most important thing that a woman brings to a marriage is between her legs.

Bukhari (62:58) - A woman presents herself in marriage to Muhammad, but he does not find her attractive, so he "donates" her on the spot to another man.

Muslim (4:1039) - "A'isha said [to Muhammad]: 'You have made us equal to the dogs and the asses'" These are the words of Muhammad's favorite wife, complaining of the role assigned to women under Islam.

Abu Dawud (2:704) - ", the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: When one of you prays without a sutrah, a dog, an ass, a pig, a Jew, a Magian, and a woman cut off his prayer, but it will suffice if they pass in front of him at a distance of over a stone's throw."

Abu Dawud (2155) - Women are compared to slaves and camels with regard to the "evil" in them.

Ishaq 593 - "As for Ali, he said, 'Women are plentiful, and you can easily change one for another.'" Ali was raised as a son by Muhammad. He was also the 4th caliph. This comment was made in Muhammad's presence without a word of rebuke from him.

Ishaq 593 - "From the captives of Hunayn, Allah's Messenger gave [his son-in-law] Ali a slave girl called Baytab and he gave [future Caliph] Uthman a slave girl called Zaynab and [future Caliph] Umar another." - Even in this world, Muhammad treated women like party favors, handing out slave girls to his cronies for sex.

Tabari VIII:117 - The fate of more captured farm wives, whom the Muslims distributed amongst themselves as sex slaves: "Dihyah had asked the Messenger for Safiyah when the Prophet chose her for himself, the Apostle traded for Safiyah by giving Dihyah her two cousins. The women of Khaybar were distributed among the Muslims."

Tabari IX:137 - "Allah granted Rayhana of the Qurayza to Muhammad as booty."

Ishaq 969 - "Men were to lay injunctions on women lightly, for they were prisoners of men and had no control over their persons." - This same text also justifies beating women for flirting.

Tabari Vol 9, Number 1754 - "Treat women well, for they are [like] domestic animals with you and do not possess anything for themselves." From Muhammad's 'Farewell Sermon'.

Additional Notes:

The fourth Caliph, who was Muhammad's son-in-law and cousin, said just a few years after the prophet's death that "The entire woman is an evil. And what is worse is that it is a necessary evil."

A traditional Islamic saying is that, "A woman's heaven is beneath her husband's feet."

The revered Islamic scholar, al-Ghazali, who has been called 'the greatest Muslim after Muhammad,' writes that the role of a Muslim woman is to "stay at home and get on with her sewing. She should not go out often, she must not be well-informed, nor must she be communicative with her neighbors and only visit them when absolutely necessary; she should take care of her husband, and seek to satisfy him in everything, Her sole worry should be her virtue, She should be clean and ready to satisfy her husband's sexual needs at any moment." [as quoted from Ibn Warraq]

A Yemeni cleric recently explained in a television broadcast what it is that makes women inferior and unable, say, to serve as good witnesses: "Women are subject to menstruation, when their endurance and mental capacity for concentration are diminished. When a woman witnesses a killing or an accident, she becomes frightened, moves away, and sometimes even faints, and she cannot even watch the incident."

The many opportunities denied women under Islamic law, from giving equal testimony in court to having the right to exclude other wives from their marital bed, is very clear proof that women are of lesser value then men in Islam. Muslim women are not even free to marry outside the faith without being killed by their own families.

Islamic law also specifies that when a woman is murdered by a man, her family is owed only half as much "blood money" (diya) as they would be if she had been a man. (The life of a non-Muslim is generally assessed at one-third).

Although a man retains custody of his children in the event of his wife's death, a non-Muslim woman will automatically lose custody of her children in the event of her husband's death unless she converts to Islam or marries a male relative of within his family. Even the rights of Muslim mothers are subordinate to her husband's family.

Contemporary Muslims like to counter that Arabs treated women as camels prior to Muhammad. This is somewhat questionable, given that Muhammad's first wife was a wealthy woman who owned property and ran a successful business prior to ever meeting him. She was even his boss, (although we're sure that changed after the marriage). Still, it is somewhat telling that Islam's treatment of women can only be defended by contrasting it to an extremely primitive environment in which women were supposedly non-entities.

Homa Darabi was a talented physician who took her own life by setting herself on fire in public protest of the oppression of women in Islamic Iran. She did this after a 16-year-old girl was shot to death for wearing lipstick. In the book, Why We Left Islam, her sister includes a direct quote from one of the country's leading clerics:

"The specific task of women in this society is to marry and bear children. They will be discouraged from entering legislative, judicial, or whatever careers which may require decision-making, as women lack the intellectual ability and discerning judgment required for these careers."

Modern day cleric Abu Ishaq al-Huwaini has called for a return of the slave markets, where Muslim men can go to order concubines. In this man of God's ideal world, "when I want a sex-slave, I got to the market and pick whichever female I desire and buy her."

At best, Islam elevates the status of a woman to somewhere between that of a camel and a man.

Muhammad captured women in war and treated them as a tradable commodity. The immutable, ever-relevant Qur'an explicitly permits women to be kept as sex slaves. These are hardly things in which Muslims can take pride.
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LagosShia: 2:41am On Jan 29, 2012
Logic Mind:

Another copy and paste:

no need to waste your time.it contains the verses you were posting initially one by one. grin
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LogicMind: 2:44am On Jan 29, 2012
Mr Shia, the following is a famous fatwa by Ayatollah Khomeini, a shia head, that defines sura 65.4

"A man can marry a girl younger than nine years of age, even if the girl is still a baby being breastfed. A man, however is prohibited from having intercourse with a girl younger than nine, other sexual acts such as pre-intimacy, rubbing, kissing and sodomy is allowed. A man having intercourse with a girl younger than nine years of age has not committed a crime, but only an infraction, if the girl is not permanently damaged. If the girl, however, is permanently damaged, the man must provide for her all her life. But this girl will not count as one of the man's four permanent wives. He also is not permitted to marry the girl's sister."

I SPIT ON YOU!
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LogicMind: 2:54am On Jan 29, 2012
Your hatred of women is revolting.

From the hadiths:

Bukhari (48:826)

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:
The Prophet said, "Isn't the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?" The women said, "Yes." He said, "This is because of the deficiency of a woman's mind."

Bukhari (72:715) - A woman seeks Muhammad's help in leaving an abusive marriage, but is ordered by the prophet to return to her husband and submit to his commands.

Tabari IX:113 “Allah permits you to shut them in separate rooms and to beat them, but not severely. If they abstain, they have the right to food and clothing” (i.e., Treat women well for they are like domestic animals and they possess nothing themselves. Allah has made the enjoyment of their bodies lawful in the Qur’an.)

Tabari I:280 “’I must also make Eve (bad word), although I created her intelligent.’ Because Allah afflicted Eve, all of the women of this world menstruate and are (bad word).”)…happy, content…utterly incapable from intellectual weakness…never to give us trouble…
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LogicMind: 2:57am On Jan 29, 2012
More women hating hadiths

Bukhari (62:58) - A woman presents herself in marriage to Muhammad, but he does not find her attractive, so he "donates" her on the spot to another man.

Abu Dawud (2:704) - ", the Apostle of Allah said: When one of you prays without a sutrah, a dog, an ass, a pig, a Jew, a Magian, and a woman cut off his prayer, but it will suffice if they pass in front of him at a distance of over a stone's throw."

God reduces one half of humanity to the status of a dog, a pig, a monkey, or an ass Sahih Bukhari – 1.9.490, 493, 498 Sahih Muslim – 4.1039; Sunaan Abu Dawud – 11.2155; Mishkat ul-Masabih – vol 2, p.114, Hadis no.

Ishaq 593 - "From the captives of Hunayn, Allah's Messenger gave [his son-in-law] Ali a slave girl called Baytab and he gave [future Caliph] Uthman a slave girl called Zaynab and [future Caliph] Umar another." (Even in this world, Muhammad treated women like party favors, handing out slave girls to his cronies for sex.)

Ishaq 969 - "Men were to lay injunctions on women lightly, for they were prisoners of men and had no control over their persons." - This same text also justifies beating women for flirting.
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LogicMind: 3:00am On Jan 29, 2012
Islamic Scriptures inform us that most Muslim women will go to hell.

The Quran:

Sura (37:22-23) “Those who "did wrong" will go to hell, and their wives will go to hell with them (no matter how they behaved).”

From Hadith:

Bukhari (2:28) - Women comprise the majority of Hell's occupants. This is important because the only women in heaven ever mentioned by Muhammad are the virgins who serve the sexual desires of men. (A weak Hadith, Kanz al-`ummal, 22:10, even suggests that 99% of women go to Hell).

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

The Prophet said: "I was shown the Hell-fire and that the majority of its dwellers were women who were ungrateful." It was asked, "Do they disbelieve in Allah?" (or are they ungrateful to Allah?) He replied, "They are ungrateful to their husbands and are ungrateful for the favors and the good (charitable deeds) done to them. If you have always been good (benevolent) to one of them and then she sees something in you (not of her liking), she will say, 'I have never received any good from you."

"Among the inmates of Heaven women will be the minority" (Sahih Muslim 36: 6600)

"I (Mohammed) have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-Fire were women, [because] they are ungrateful to their husbands and they are deficient in intelligence" (Sahih Bukhari: 2:18:161; 7:62:125, ).

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Abbas:

, The Prophet replied, "I saw Paradise and stretched my hands towards a bunch (of its fruits) and had I taken it, you would have eaten from it as long as the world remains. I also saw the Hell-fire and I had never seen such a horrible sight. I saw that most of the inhabitants were women." The people asked, "O Allah's Apostle! Why is it so?" The Prophet replied, "Because of their ungratefulness." It was asked whether they are ungrateful to Allah. The Prophet said, "They are ungrateful to their companions of life (husbands) and ungrateful to good deeds. If you are benevolent to one of them throughout the life and if she sees anything (undesirable) in you, she will say, 'I have never had any good from you.' "

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Does The Bible Say About Laziness? / Japan Is The Only Country Keeping Islam At The Bay. / The Matter Of Homosexuality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.