Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,415 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Cannibalism In The Bible! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cannibalism In The Bible! (8975 Views)

Christians Practise Cannibalism Witchcraft Through Communion / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / Cannibalism In The Bible: Det 28:53-57, Lev 26:29, Jer 19:9, Ezek 5:10, Lam 4:10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by Nobody: 12:12am On Jan 27, 2012
LagosShia:

i think the reality can be either of two:

1.) those you describe as "christian countries" are not following the fire Jesus kindled and the muslims are

or

2.) the fire burning in muslim countries is due to the fire kindled by the "christian countries".afterall alqaeda was a christian tool created by your "christian country" to fight communist USSR which is a majority christian nation in afghanistan.

so the fire indeed is physical and its burning!!!

Surely you do realise this is a daft comment.

When will you radical muslims ever take responsibility for your actions, it's like a small child always blaming daddy and mummy for his/her actions.

I say , grow up and sort yourselves out.

Is it westerners who are slaughtering hundreds of Shias worldwide every month undecided , is it America killing Somalians in Somalia , is it America massacring their own people in Syria.

Admit it, your people enjoy bloodshed.
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LagosShia: 12:30am On Jan 27, 2012
frosbel:

Surely you do realise this is a daft comment.

When will you radical muslims ever take responsibility for your actions, it's like a small child always blaming daddy and mummy for his/her actions.

I say , grow up and sort yourselves out.

Is it westerners who are slaughtering hundreds of Shias worldwide every month undecided , is it America killing Somalians in Somalia , is it America massacring their own people in Syria.

Admit it, your people enjoy bloodshed.

no its not daft.

all the countries that Davidylan listed that are muslims,you will see that america has either invaded them or is meddling in their affairs.furthermore,we have seen examples before of CIA engineered attacks to set muslims against themselves and shia-sunni killings.we saw that happened in Iraq.they fuel sectarian hate as part of the divide and conquer strategy.this is what those Davidylan see as "christians" are doing.they are devilish.why dont you admit that?

in syria,we see that the media is not reporting the other side of the story.millions of syrians are demonstrating in show of support for their president.while america and its puppet wahhabi kingdoms are faking a revolution in syria.when criminals are killed or criminals and wahahbi militants funded by qatar and saudi arabia (both american puppets) kill people,the media blame the syrian security forces.this is shameful!
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by Nobody: 12:33am On Jan 27, 2012
LagosShia:

no its not daft.

all the countries that Davidylan listed that are muslims,you will see that america has either invaded them or is meddling in their affairs.furthermore,we have seen examples before of CIA engineered attacks to set muslims against themselves and shia-sunni killings.we saw that happened in Iraq.they fuel sectarian hate as part of the divide and conquer strategy.this is what those Davidylan see as "christians" are doing.they are devilish.why dont you admit that?

in syria,we see that the media is not reporting the other side of the story.millions of syrians are demonstrating in show of support for their president.while america and its puppet wahhabi kingdoms are faking a revolution in syria.when criminals are killed or criminals and wahahbi militants funded by qatar and saudi arabia (both american puppets) kill people,the media blame the syrian security forces.this is shameful!

including syria, somalia and sudan? shocked
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LagosShia: 12:37am On Jan 27, 2012
davidylan:

including syria, somalia and sudan? shocked

somalia- america marines stepped foot there.

sudan- was bombed under the clinton regime and the western scheme and the exploitative thirst for oil finally led to the division of sudan

syria- israel's enemy.has been bombed and today syria is paying the price for supporting palestinian cause and resistance groups like hamas and hezbollah that are fighting the zionist occupation and zionist land theft in the respective countries of palestine and lebanon.
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LagosShia: 12:45am On Jan 27, 2012
so after multiple attempts by the christian missionaries to derail my thread and divert the topic and the thorough beating they have being given,can we go back to the topic of the thread: [size=18pt]"Cannibalism In The Bible!"[/size]

Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LogicMind: 2:02am On Jan 27, 2012
Hey, pedo-worshipper, you missed some.

"And toward her young one that cometh out from between her feet, and toward her children which she shall bear: for she shall eat them." -- Deuteronomy 28:57

"Through the wrath of the LORD of hosts is the land darkened, and the people shall be as the fuel of the fire: no man shall spare his brother. And he shall snatch on the right hand, and be hungry; and he shall eat on the left hand, and they shall not be satisfied: they shall eat every man the flesh of his own arm." -- Isaiah 9:19-20

"And I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine." -- Isaiah 49:26

"I will not feed you: that that dieth, let it die; and that that is to be cut off, let it be cut off; and let the rest eat every one the flesh of another." -- Zechariah 11:9
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LagosShia: 3:58pm On Jan 27, 2012
Logic Mind:

hey fool,dont call me that.i'm not christian:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-846958.0.html#msg9975159
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 27, 2012
LagosShia:

hey fool,dont call me that.i'm not christian:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-846958.0.html#msg9975159

He was referring to [b]Mo [/b]I guess  grin
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 27, 2012
Logic Mind:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LagosShia: 4:04pm On Jan 27, 2012
frosbel:

He was referring to [b]Mo [/b]I guess grin

check the thread i presented.he mistook me for a "jehovah" worshipper.he meant the one that snatched a 12 years old from a 90 years old man.he ra.ped her and then entered her and pregnated her with himself. grin grin grin grin
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LogicMind: 4:36pm On Jan 27, 2012
LagosShia:

check the thread i presented.he mistook me for a "jehovah" worshipper.he meant the one that snatched a 12 years old from a 90 years old man.he ra.ped her and then entered her and pregnated her with himself. grin grin grin grin

No I meant the illiterate murderer that took a six year old bride and ra.ped her when she was 9.
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LagosShia: 4:39pm On Jan 27, 2012
Logic Mind:

No I meant the illiterate murderer that took a six year old bride and ra.ped her when she was 9.

oh,your father!dont mind him.afterall he was illitrate.

he really messed around with your mum.

you are the evidence!
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LogicMind: 10:02pm On Jan 27, 2012
LagosShia:

oh,your father!dont mind him.afterall he was illitrate.

he really messed around with your mum.

you are the evidence!

Didn't expect different from your kind.

Now on islam and cannibalism.

From the book of Al-Kortoby; THE COLLECTOR OF THE QURANIC RULES.
January 11, 2010
Cannibalism in the Quran

Posted in Quranic Explanations tagged Al-Shafie, Allah, Cannibalism, collector of the Quranic rules, commentaries, Dead, Eating, Human flesh, Ibn Al-Araby, Imam, Islam, Kortoby, Muslim, Nahed Metwaly, prophet Mohammad, Quran, scholars, swine at 8:54 am by Nahed Metwaly
An important and a serious question, “Does Allah of Islam, allow Muslims in the Quran, to eat human flesh?”

The answer is very clearly, “Yes”.

Read the following two verses in the Quran,

(1) Quran (2: 173):

“He hath only forbidden you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and that on which any other name hath been invoked besides that of Allah. But if one is forced by necessity, without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits,- then is he guiltless. For Allah is Oft-forgiving Most Merciful” (Surah The Cow 2:173).

(2) Quran (16: 115):

“He has only forbidden you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and any (food) over which the name of other than Allah has been invoked. But if one is forced by necessity, without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits,- then Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful” (Surah The Bee 16:115).

The reference of the commentaries on these verses is: The book of “Al-Kortoby”, the collector of the Quranic rules.

This book is introduced in volume 1, of the 3rd edition by Imam Shams El-Din Abi Abdallah Mohamed Bin Ahmad Ben Abi Bakr Farag Al-Ansari Al-Kortoby who died in the Islamic year 671. It is published by Dar El-Ghad El-Araby, 3 Danesh Street, Abassia, Cairo, Egypt, Telephone (2-824-329).

He said in page 3,

“In the name of Allah the merciful and compassionate, this book is published under the supervision of the scholars of Al-Azhar (the largest Islamic University in the world). All publishing rights are reserved to Dar El-Ghad El-Araby, Cairo”.

He continues,

“This edition is corrected, edited and certified by the “Council of Islamic Research of Al-Azhar”, who published it in 9 November, 1988, 29 Rabie I of the Islamic year 1409.

In page 716 in volume 1, Al-Kortoby gives these comments,

“If one is in dire need and found a dead body of an animal, a swine, or of human, he might eat the dead animal because it as “Halal” (lawful or permissible), but not the body of a swine or a human”. There is a light prevention and a strong prevention, and these are the rules, such as one hates to have sexual relation with his sister, but can have a sexual relation with a foreigner because it is lawful for him. This is the condition for theses rules. Eating the flesh of a human is not allowed.

Yet the scholars Ahmad and Dawoud protested by saying that prophet Mohammad said, “Breaking the bones of a dead body is like breaking the bones of a live body. Al-Shafie said, “One may eat the flesh of a human body. It is not allowed to kill a Muslim nor a free non-Muslim under Muslim rule (because he is useful for the society), nor a prisoner because he belongs to other Muslims. But you may kill an enemy fighter or an adulterer and eat his body”.

Dawoud slandered Al-Mozny by addressing Al-Mozny saying, “You allowed eating the flesh of the prophets”. Ibn Sharie responded also to Al-Mozny by saying, “You allowed killing the prophets and did not allow eating the flesh of the infidels”.

Ibn Al-Araby said, “The proper thing for me is not to eat human flesh unless the person makes sure that this act saves him from starving to death and Allah knows best”.

Dear reader,

I reported to you what is written in the commentaries of Al-Kortoby. I wrote exactly what I found without changing a word. But let me put an extra light on these commentaries. Al-Kortoby mentioned two kinds of preventions, a light one and a strong one and he left the reader to chose between the two. He gave the example of having a sexual relation with a sister or with a foreigner. He prefers the light prevention and not the strong one and left the reader to chose between the two.

But Imam El-Shefie was more clear and he courageously said, “Human flesh may be eaten”. He added, “An enemy fighter or an adulterer may be killed and his flesh be eaten”. More seriously, Dawoud protested against Al-Muzni saying, “If you allowed the eating of the flesh of the prophets (sarcastically I say, “for fear that they would not be slaughtered in the Islamic way”),  you should also allow eating the flesh of the infidels”. The final verdict for him, “Human flesh should not be eaten unless that would safe the life of the eater from starving to death and Allah knows best”.

Here is a great danger to the whole world. Islam, the Quran, and the scholars of Islam allow the Muslim to eat the flesh of the non-Muslim if that saves the Muslim from starving to death. We all know about the economic crisis which haunts the whole world these days. As we said, Imam El-Shafie said it very clearly, “An enemy fighter or an adulterer may be killed and his flesh may be eaten”. And in the eyes of every Muslim, a non-Muslim is an enemy fighter and an adulterer.

I challenge any person who denies what I said, as by the grace of God, I have all the references which I got this information from.

This subject is to be continued.

Nahed
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LagosShia: 10:51pm On Jan 27, 2012
first let me burst "Logic Mind's" bubble,the busy-body of nairaland!

this is the site from where he copied the false claim that there is cannibalism too in Islam:
http://quranexplained./2010/01/11/cannibalism-in-the-quran/

ofcourse,the verses of the Quran are forbidding "dead meat" and "haram meat".haram meat is animals that are slaughtered without invoking Allah's name.the forbidden meat does not include dead human meat or human being slaughtered without invoking Allah's name upon them.as ridiculous as that sounds,for us to believe that the two forbidden items include the human flesh,our dear friend should show us where muslims have killed human beings to eat and where they have invoked the name of Allah in slaughtering human beings so that they can consume the meat.ofcourse no where.

now,i know fully well that if one is starving he is pardoned if he eats the flesh of swine or dead meat or haram meat that is not killed according to islamic rite.but is one allowed to eat human flesh?the verses clearly do not say that at all.if at all,the Quran frowns upon eating human flesh as you will see shortly.

also,the Quran verses do not include "human flesh" as what can also be consumed in hard times.for argument's sake,what i want to stress here is the big difference between the bible and the opinions of some muslim commentators.in the bible we see the bible god making and causing people to eat themselves.he uses that as punishment and he leads them to that point.but the muslim commentators (not even the Quran at all) do not say that Allah have made us eat ourselves.they are saying in times of drastic need one could eat human flesh (of the enemy or the dead).now is that utter rubbish because i dont see how there would be nothing available except human flesh whether dead or that of the enemy fighter for one to survive.and we see clearly that muslim commentators disagree on that opinion among themselves.also,in the early days of Islam,muslims used to eat the leaf from trees and boiled leather.they did not eat themselves and did not eat the enemies' flesh.that is unprecedented in Islamic teaching.

as for Islam itself which the Quran speaks for,nothing like that is found.

now i will present a rebuttal from a muslim website to the twisting of the Quranic verses and demonstrate that the Quran opposes canniballism in all forms.the opinion of a commentator or scholar or any man first and foremost represents that person and not necessarily Islam.so what anyone say is his opinion as long as the Quran does not support that opinion.
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LagosShia: 10:58pm On Jan 27, 2012
Holy Quran 49:12

"O you who have believed, avoid much [negative] assumption. Indeed, some assumption is sin. And do not spy or backbite each other. [u]Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his brother when dead? You would detest it. [/u]And fear Allah; indeed, Allah is Accepting of repentance and Merciful".

Holy Quran 5:32
"if anyone slew a person―unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land― it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if anyone saved a life it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people".
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 27, 2012
If we compile all the various texts,  essays,  books, web site content , that are used to explain the Quran , especially it's  embarassing aspects,  the famous Alexandria library will not be able to contain the sheer number of volumes.

How confusing this must be for many well meaning Muslims.

One should be able to read the Quran and derive the true and proper meaning of various subjects,  alas ,  this is not the case,  the Koran is one confused book to say the least , totally incoherent and most confusing!!!
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LagosShia: 11:14pm On Jan 27, 2012
frosbel:

If we compile all the various texts,  essays,  books, web site content , that are used to explain the Quran , especially it's  embarassing aspects,  the famous Alexandria library will not be able to contain the sheer number of volumes.

How confusing this must be for many well meaning Muslims.

One should be able to read the Quran and derive the true and proper meaning of various subjects,  alas ,  this is not the case,  the Koran is one confused book to say the least , totally incoherent and most confusing!!!

the Quran is very clear on its own regarding the accusation our friend "Logic Mind" went to copy here as reprisal.the Quran clearly stands against cannibalism.

now if he is interpreting "dead meat" and "haram meat" and "swine" which are forbidden except if one is compelled, to include "human flesh",that is from his own imagination since human beings in islam are not slaughtered invoking Allah's name for consumption.

as for the article he copied citing the opinions of some sunni scholars who say it is okay to eat dead human flesh if one is compelled in extreme starvation or the flesh of an enemy fighter,that is even disputed in the article itself he presented.furthermore,i am right now in the process of posting a sunni article defending their scholars from the missionary twisting and lies.however,those opinions have nothing to do with the Quran promoting cannibalism as we see in the bible.
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LagosShia: 11:18pm On Jan 27, 2012
Cannibalism in the Qur’an?

On December 31, 2011, By Adeel

Enemies of Islam never get tired trying to find faults within Islam. It seems that Satan is a very hard-working being. Another new Satanic lie invented against Islam is that Islam allows eating the flesh of human beings. This of course is a lie and a deliberate twist as we shall prove below.

O you who have believed, avoid much [negative] assumption. Indeed, some assumption is sin. And do not spy or backbite each other. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his brother when dead? You would detest it. And fear Allah; indeed, Allah is Accepting of repentance and Merciful. [Qur'an 49:12]

The verse above is sufficient to understand that eating the flesh of a human being is disgusting and unlawful in Islam.

After some of the companions spoke about their brother behind his back, the messenger, sal-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam said:

“By Him in whose hand is in my soul, I can see his flesh between your teeth” [Al-Ahaadeeth Al-Mukhtarah]

Regarding the Qur’anic verse 2:173, Imam Shafi believed as follows:

"He has only forbidden you: carrion, that is, the consumption of it, since this is the subject of the general address here, and similarly [the consumption of] what follows, [all of] which is what has not been slaughtered in accordance with [prescriptions of] the Law; to this the Sunnah adds [as also constituting carrion] what has been severed from a living creature. A special status is, however, accorded fish and locusts; blood, poured forth, as in [sūrat] al-An‘ām [see Q. 6:145], the flesh of swine, the meat is singled out for mention because that [part] is what people mostly seek, every other [part] being implied thereby; what has been hallowed to other than Allah, that is to say, what has been slaughtered in other than His Name (al-ihlāl is the raising of one’s voice, which they used to do when sacrificing for their gods). Yet whoever is constrained, forced by dire need to eat of the above-mentioned, not desiring, to rebel against Muslims, nor transgressing, committing aggression against them by waylaying them, no sin shall be on him, for eating it. God is Forgiving, to His friends, Merciful, to those who are obedient to Him, for He has granted them wide berth in this matter. The aggressor and the transgressor are excluded from this [dispensation], and to these two [categories] one should also add every person that sets out on a journey in disobedience, such as the fugitive or the excise collector, for whom it would be unlawful to eat any of the mentioned, unless they repent [of their disobedience]; this is the opinion of al-Shāfi‘ī".

The above commentary is the authentic one by Imam Shafi. Some people, perhaps out of confusion, have interpreted this to mean that a Muslim may not kill a fellow Muslim to eat him but since non-Muslim is not mentioned, he may be killed and eaten. This approach puts words into the mouth of Imam Shafi which he did not speak. Perhaps the following part of the above passage gave the people this confused interpretation:

"not desiring, to rebel against Muslims, nor transgressing, committing aggression against them by waylaying them, no sin shall be on him, for eating it"…

Perhaps these interpreters thought that rebelling refers to killing and eating a fellow Muslim. Imam Shafi here describes rebellion as rebellion against believers through aggression and waylaying.  Aggression and waylaying here do not refer to physical attack. Waylaying is defined by dictionary as:

"Stop or interrupt (someone) and detain them in conversation or trouble them in some other way".

Allah forbids the believers some food but allows them in extreme condition when nothing is available to be eaten provided that the intent is not rebellion. There is nothing complicated about that. A person with a disease in his mind wishing to denounce Islam while claiming it with his tongue can and will adopt such methods to waylay the believers. No eating of a non-Muslim enemy encouraged by either this verse or by Imam Shafi.

Moreover verse 115 of the 16th chapter of the Qur’an again explicitly rejects aggression

He has forbidden you only carrion, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been hallowed to other than Allah. Yet whoever is compelled, neither craving nor transgressing, then truly Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

At the same time Qur’an 5:32 tells us that killing a single human is like killing entire humanity. So the question then arises how does Islam allow killing non-Muslims especially to eat them?

Being compelled is the key word here; not luxury. Here is what compelled people might look like.

Would they care if they were provided with a dead human to eat? Moreover, are these compelled people in a physical condition to kill anyone?

There are some misunderstandings on this issue as well. As per Imam Qurtubi, Imam Shafi allowed killing a non-Muslim enemy combatant to eat him while the Muslim is ‘compelled’. This is what Imam Qurtubi thought. However, this is not what Imam Shafi prescribed. We do not find such a statement from Imam Shafi in any of his works or of any of his students. Imam Qurtubi belonged to the Maliki school of thought (around 400 years after Imam Shafi) and inter school misunderstandings are common. For example, a similar misunderstanding among other schools was that anal intercourse with wife was allowed by Imam Maalik which is denied by Maliki scholars. Moreover, we have provided the original Imam Shafi’s commentary above.

Another passage from Imam Qurtubi’s commentary of the Qur’an is often misunderstood:

Da’ood slandered Al Muzni (historian) by addressing Al-Muzni saying, “You allowed eating the flesh of the prophets”. Ibn Sharie responded also to Al-Muzni by saying, “You allowed killing the prophets and did not allow eating the flesh of the disbelievers”.

Here Imam Da’ood sarcastically rebukes the historian Al Muzni’s criticisms of Prophets (alayhimus Salaam) who at the same time refrained from discussing the sins and evil deeds of disbelievers. From Imam Da’ood’s harsh reaction it appears that Al Muzni used to discuss the mistakes of Prophets (alayhimus Salaam) while ignoring the evil deeds of the disbelievers. Eating the flesh in this case refers to the metaphorical flesh eating as also indicated by the Qur’an in 49:12.

Imam Qurtubi was a great scholar and we do not claim knowing more than him; slight misunderstandings with other schools of thought are also not much big issues to worry about. However, as per Shafi scholars, he misunderstood this part. Qur’an is perfect and people can make mistakes.

P.S. A non-Muslim is not an enemy  

Indeed, Allah knows best.

http://www.islamicsearchcenter.com/archive/2011/12/cannibalism-in-the-quran/#more-1061
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LogicMind: 12:17am On Jan 28, 2012
After accusing the bible of cannibalism, here you are defending the koran tooth and nail against. . . CANNIBALISM!
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LagosShia: 1:00am On Jan 28, 2012
Logic Mind:

After accusing the bible of cannibalism, here you are defending the koran tooth and nail against. . . CANNIBALISM!

keep lying to yourself.

show us the Quranic verses where God is punishing people with cannibalism or promising them cannibalism in addition to the "people of God" eating one another due to hunger as we read from the bible.
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LogicMind: 1:16am On Jan 28, 2012
LagosShia:

keep lying to yourself.

show us the Quranic verses where God is punishing people with cannibalism or promising them cannibalism in addition to the "people of God" eating one another due to hunger as we read from the bible.

If you think I'm here to defend the bible, you got me wrong. My point is that both your books are so laughable that you shouldn't be pointing fingers at the other because you have in my opinion even a bigger baggage.
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LagosShia: 1:21am On Jan 28, 2012
Logic Mind:

If you think I'm here to defend the bible, you got me wrong. My point is that both your books are so laughable that you shouldn't be pointing fingers at the other because you have in my opinion even a bigger baggage.

obviously you are not also ready to learn and open your eyes that both books are not the same and islam is not christianity.

you make up your assumption and even go the extra mile to lie because it makes you feel good.that is dishonesty.i thought only the christians do that.but even atheists or godless people tagging themselves "Logic Mind" do that.

how can you present Quranic verses talking about dead animal meat and haram meat to include "human meat"?where did you read that in the Quran? cheesy
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LogicMind: 1:34am On Jan 28, 2012
LagosShia:

obviously you are not also ready to learn and open your eyes that both books are not the same and islam is not christianity.

you make up your assumption and even go the extra mile to lie because it makes you feel good.that is dishonesty.i thought only the christians do that.but even atheists or godless people tagging themselves "Logic Mind" do that.

how can you present Quranic verses talking about dead animal meat and haram meat to include "human meat"?where did you read that in the Quran?  cheesy

I didn't. Muslim scholars did. Read it again. You have the link.

Al-Shafie said, “One may eat the flesh of a human body. It is not allowed to kill a Muslim nor a free non-Muslim under Muslim rule (because he is useful for the society), nor a prisoner because he belongs to other Muslims. But you may kill an enemy fighter or an adulterer and eat his body”.
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by Spookytime: 1:43am On Jan 28, 2012
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LagosShia: 2:00am On Jan 28, 2012
Logic Mind:

I didn't. Muslim scholars did. Read it again. You have the link.

and muslim scholars also disagreed.you lied when you said the Quran too promotes cannibalism.

if a muslim scholar is giving his opinion that in extreme starvation,you could eat human flesh,i dont even see how that corresponds to the statements found in the bible where God himself would punish people with cannibalism,he would promise them that they will eat themselves and where too the "people of god" ate themselves out of hunger.

do you know who al-Shafee is? he is the head of the shafie sunni school of thought.he is just another scholar whose opinion can be taken or thrown into the garbage bin.al-shafie does not consitutte the "muslim bible" to us.he isn't our holy book or our prophet.aside from that,not even all sunnis follow him.from the article itself you copied,you read others disagreeing with his personal view that people could eat human flesh of an enemy corpse or "criminal" if compelled by starvation.as in common,i doubt even any scenario could exist where people cant eat grass,leaves and even $hit instead of human flesh which the Quran clearly portrays as something detestable.so it just does not make sense.it even does not make sense all the more when you present to me,a Shia,the opinion of a shafie sunni scholar.he is entitled to his opinion.

so please next time try not to lie by copying the opinion of men and ascribing it to the Quran,which to us muslims is the infallible word of God Almighty.
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LogicMind: 2:09am On Jan 28, 2012
and muslim scholars also disagreed.you lied when you said the Quran too promotes cannibalism.

I didn't say that. But don't take it as a vindication because the koran promotes worse which I won't go into so as not to derail the topic of this thread.

if a muslim scholar is giving his opinion that in extreme starvation,you could eat human flesh,i dont even see how that corresponds to the statements found in the bible where God himself would punish people with cannibalism,he would promise them that they will eat themselves and where too the "people of god" ate themselves out of hunger.

Once again, I'm not comparing the two useless books.

do you know who al-Shafee is? he is the head of the shafie sunni school of thought.he is just another scholar whose opinion can be taken or thrown into the garbage bin.al-shafie does not consitutte the "muslim bible" to us.he isn't our holy book or our prophet.aside from that,not even all sunnis follow him.from the article itself you copied,you read others disagreeing with his personal view that people could eat human flesh of an enemy corpse or "criminal" if compelled by starvation.as in common,i doubt even any scenario could exist where people cant eat grass,leaves and even $hit instead of human flesh which the Quran clearly portrays as something detestable.so it just does not make sense.it even does not make sense all the more when you present to me,a Shia,the opinion of a shafie sunni scholar.he is entitled to his opinion.

so please next time try not to lie by copying the opinion of men and ascribing it to the Quran,which to us muslims is the infallible word of God Almighty.

He is a muslim scholar and that's all that matters to me. Your internal divisions are your problem.
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LagosShia: 10:50am On Jan 28, 2012
Logic Mind:

I didn't say that.
you obviously copied the christian missionary article you presented without reading it.

here is what it says:

"An important and a serious question, “Does Allah of Islam, allow Muslims in the Quran, to eat human flesh?”

The answer is very clearly, “Yes”."

But don't take it as a vindication because the koran promotes worse which I won't go into so as not to derail the topic of this thread.
keep fooling yourself.and please bring it on.you came here to impress.but you'd be dealt with.i dont actually argue with atheists because i view them as foolish people living in self-denial.i argue with christians because they are misguided.so you came into a muslim-christian thread to think of yourself as the only enlighten one.so you'd get what you're looking for.

Once again, I'm not comparing the two useless books.
your life is indeed useless and in vain.too bad.

He is a muslim scholar and that's all that matters to me. Your internal divisions are your problem.
this isn't about internal division,sir.this is about a scholar giving his opinion which is non-binding on an emergency matter that is not supported in the Quran and other scholars do not support too.so for you too pick that out and abuse it to label it as the sole view of the religion is unfair.the words of the scholar or whoever are rejectable if they contradict the Quran.and worse,the opinion is manipulated as the article you copied does.so dont be too fast to copy what you've not read as obvious.
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LogicMind: 12:36pm On Jan 28, 2012
Thing with religious people is they twist and turn whenever you present them with evidence and truth. When they can't wriggle their way out, they resort to insults revealing the true nature of their beliefs.
The bible is laughable but the koran is outright pathetic.
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LagosShia: 2:18pm On Jan 28, 2012
Logic Mind:

Thing with religious people is they twist and turn whenever you present them with evidence and truth. When they can't wriggle their way out, they resort to insults revealing the true nature of their beliefs.
The bible is laughable but the koran is outright pathetic.

wake up brother!

you just did what you accuse others of doing.

research more about islam from learned muslims and reliable sites (not those of hate-mongers):

www.al-islam.org
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LogicMind: 9:57pm On Jan 28, 2012
LagosShia:

wake up brother!

you just did what you accuse others of doing.

research more about islam from learned muslims and reliable sites (not those of hate-mongers):

www.al-islam.org

My life will end in a few years and you want me to spend it researching islam?
Fact: your religion was founded by a pedofile.
Fact: Your Koran is a poor attemt at copying the bible.
Fact: Your religion teaches hate and intolerance.
Fact: Your religion has produced the most numbder of terrorist world over.
Fact: Your religion has always expanded through violence.
Fact: Your religion treats women like animals. (sometimes even worse: I have yet to someone cover their goats, cats or cattle from head to toe in black!)

It is not hate mongering. It is the reality.
[img]http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/file.php?40,file=18528,filename=burka_graduation.jpg[/img]
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LagosShia: 10:27pm On Jan 28, 2012
Logic Mind:

My life will end in a few years and you want me to spend it researching islam?
Fact: your religion was founded by a pedofile.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-846958.0.html

Fact: Your Koran is a poor attemt at copying the bible.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-729581.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-820199.0.html

Fact: Your religion teaches hate and intolerance.
Holy Qur'an 60:7-8:
"It may be that God will grant love (and friendship) between you and those whom ye (now) hold as enemies. For God has power (over all things), and God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. God does not forbid you, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for God loves those who are just."

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-817498.0.html

Fact: Your religion has produced the most numbder of terrorist world over.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-399131.224.html#msg9829792

Fact: Your religion has always expanded through violence.
De Lacy O’Leary
“History makes it clear, however, that the legend of fanatical Muslims sweeping through the world and forcing Islam at the point of sword upon conquered races is one of the most fantastically absurd myths that historians have ever repeated” [De Lacy O’Leary in ‘Islam at the Crossroads,’ London, 1923]

Fact: Your religion treats women like animals. (sometimes even worse: I have yet to someone cover their goats, cats or cattle from head to toe in black!)
Qur'an 2:226 And for women are rights over men similar to those of men over women.

Qur'an 2:187 They (your wives) are a garment for you as you are a garment for them.

Qur'an 4:19 , Live with them (women) on a footing of kindness and equity.

Qur'an 30:21 And from amongst His Signs is this: That He created for you mates from amongst yourselves, so that you may find serenity and tranquility in them. And He has put between you love and mercy. Indeed, in this are signs for those who reflect.

Qur'an 31:14 And [God says:] ‘We have enjoined upon man goodness towards his parents: his mother bore him by bearing strain upon strain, and his utter dependence on her lasted two years: [hence, O man,] be grateful towards Me and towards thy parents, [and remember that] with Me is all journeys’ end.”

Qur'an 46:15 And We have enjoined upon man, to his parents, good treatment. His mother carried him with hardship and gave birth to him with hardship, and his gestation and weaning [period] is thirty months. [He grows] until, when he reaches maturity and reaches [the age of] forty years, he says, "My Lord, enable me to be grateful for Your favor which You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents and to work righteousness of which You will approve and make righteous for me my offspring. Indeed, I have repented to You, and indeed, I am of the Muslims."

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-821509.0.html

It is not hate mongering. It is the reality.

“O you who believe! If a Fasiq (liar — evil person) comes to you with any news, verify it, lest you should harm people in ignorance, and afterwards you become regretful for what you have done.”
(QUR’AN, SURA AL-HUJURAAT, VERSE 6)
Re: Cannibalism In The Bible! by LagosShia: 10:30pm On Jan 28, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Japan Is The Only Country Keeping Islam At The Bay. / The Matter Of Homosexuality / Irrationality Of Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.