Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,426 members, 7,819,550 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today (38687 Views)

NIGERIA 2015: We Did Not Endorse Jonathan – Labour Party / Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today / Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today Thur Jan 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by wellmax(m): 9:47pm On Jan 12, 2012
I don't reall envy GEJ at this trying times. Given his experience and antecedents, he couldn't have done better. I know he means well for Nigeria, but this is a clear case of good idea gone bad. Uncle Jona, you will rise again.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by Mannylex(m): 9:47pm On Jan 12, 2012
Demdem:

Even when awake, the Retardeen is brain dead.

Talk about a die hard GEJ hater. All of your post always bashing d poor man. Even your siggy says it all.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 12, 2012
What i heard is all NLC leaders are going into hiding, because no negotiations will be made if the downstreams are going to be closed by tomorrow. Now, una dey give us false gist sey NLC leaders are negotiating, and i think if the NLC leaders are going to negotiate, the TUC president will be there, and i am watching a live program, where the TUC president is interviewed, so where una hear this gist from?
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by 989900: 9:48pm On Jan 12, 2012
O boy the way you dey provoke allover Nland am surprised your giving in so quickly abi all your vexing na for show?

LOL grin grin
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by Mogidi: 9:48pm On Jan 12, 2012
Chrisbenogor:

Do you ever think sometimes that you take it a wee bit too personal? I dont see the need to go personal sha.

dayokanu  is bereft of common sense and high on cheap drugs too.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by samstels: 9:53pm On Jan 12, 2012
@dadaic ,u dey watch old programme being replayed .Meeting is ongoing as we speak . In the next few minutes the strike will be called of ,I see labour and govt settlinh some where around 100 naira .But the fear is how will labour demobilize the hijacked protesters.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by OAM4J: 9:54pm On Jan 12, 2012
At the meeting:

Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by Demdem(m): 9:54pm On Jan 12, 2012
Mannylex:

Talk about a die hard GEJ hater. All of your post always bashing d poor man. Even your siggy says it all.

I hate no one. aint just comfortable with his leadership skills. Been following his activities since his bayelsa days where he failed miserably. About my siggy, at least i didnt spice it for him, i qouted him verbatim.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 12, 2012
@samstels, And where are you watching or getting your info from?
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by otokx(m): 9:55pm On Jan 12, 2012
no be small provoke o but guy shun? any thing wey pass 2mora na unto last last levels, make dem settle mata.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 12, 2012
strike continues, meeting ends in a deadlock
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by makonko(m): 9:58pm On Jan 12, 2012
NLC will be looking for trouble if they accept anything above N65/litre
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by muyoto: 9:59pm On Jan 12, 2012
latest?
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by aspabay(m): 9:59pm On Jan 12, 2012
Okonjo Iweala steps out to use the toilet, she's back now
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 12, 2012
Where una dey get the info from? Una don tire me sef, AJE no dey talk anything, CNN, no de talk anything, Where the meeting dey take place?
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by mrjingles(m): 10:00pm On Jan 12, 2012
otokx:

no be small provoke o but guy shun? any thing wey pass 2mora na unto last last levels, make dem settle mata.
I feel you bros, dem say na when play still dey sweet na him pikin suppose stop. guys eye don dey red.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by OAM4J: 10:01pm On Jan 12, 2012
FederalGovernment,#NLC and Governors' Forum Meeting Deadlocked

https://twitter.com/Channels_TV/status/157566850203529217
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by Demdem(m): 10:01pm On Jan 12, 2012
coonz:

strike continues, meeting ends in a deadlock

Good. Just heard it now from Channels.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 12, 2012
AJE is saying something now,
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by REPSNIG: 10:02pm On Jan 12, 2012
Channels news. Meeting deadlocked. Strike continues.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by adino(m): 10:03pm On Jan 12, 2012
@ samstels
u dey watch old programme being replayed .Meeting is ongoing as we speak . In the next few minutes the strike will be called of ,I see labour and govt settlinh some where around 100 naira .But the fear is how will labour demobilize the hijacked protesters.

Leave the demobilization of hijacked protesters to the Nigerian Police Force (men  in black)
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by MAYOWAAK: 10:03pm On Jan 12, 2012
Meeting ends in a deadlock-Channels TV
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by AmAlone: 10:03pm On Jan 12, 2012
NLC complaining that the masses should be considered.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by vanstanzy(m): 10:04pm On Jan 12, 2012
Labour union should only agree to a proposal that holds this govt accountable. It's not only about reversing it back to N65 but ensuring this Govt. keeps its promise to  

- A 20% reduction in subsidy starting in April 2012 and for the next 5yrs. Yearly increment will be tied to tangible implementation of projects in key areas: completion of refineries, building of roads, Improvement in power supply etc.  For instance, if by April 2013 an agreed upon project is not completed then Govt cannot increase prices.

- Cut in salary for all Federal elected officials. 25% cut in basic salary and 50% cut for all other allowances. Plus a firm commitment to cut wasteful spending in the budget. Allocating N18.5 billion for Aso Rock is a prime example.

-  An independent investigation into the N1.3 trillion subsidy for this year and overall oil subsidy regime. Forget that Senate investigation; that's just show and tell. I just don't know who can handle this

- Reject any palliative measures. We don't need that crap. This is only for Jonah and his boys to chop money  

This is the way to go; if not this govt will come back in 2yrs or 3yrs and  tell us the economy is collapsing and they need to remove oil subsidy

@OCCAM
VERY WELL SAID ITS HIGH TIME NIGERIANS LEARNT TO STRICTLY MONITOR GOVT.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by baslone: 10:04pm On Jan 12, 2012
Breaking News- Strike continues, meeting deadlocked
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by vanstanzy(m): 10:05pm On Jan 12, 2012
Labour union should only agree to a proposal that holds this govt accountable. It's not only about reversing it back to N65 but ensuring this Govt. keeps its promise to  

- A 20% reduction in subsidy starting in April 2012 and for the next 5yrs. Yearly increment will be tied to tangible implementation of projects in key areas: completion of refineries, building of roads, Improvement in power supply etc.  For instance, if by April 2013 an agreed upon project is not completed then Govt cannot increase prices.

- Cut in salary for all Federal elected officials. 25% cut in basic salary and 50% cut for all other allowances. Plus a firm commitment to cut wasteful spending in the budget. Allocating N18.5 billion for Aso Rock is a prime example.

-  An independent investigation into the N1.3 trillion subsidy for this year and overall oil subsidy regime. Forget that Senate investigation; that's just show and tell. I just don't know who can handle this

- Reject any palliative measures. We don't need that crap. This is only for Jonah and his boys to chop money  

This is the way to go; if not this govt will come back in 2yrs or 3yrs and  tell us the economy is collapsing and they need to remove oil subsidy

@OCCAM
VERY WELL SAID ITS HIGH TIME NIGERIANS LEARNT TO STRICTLY MONITOR GOVT.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by kels001: 10:05pm On Jan 12, 2012
meeting ends in a deadluck and strike continues tommorrow i just heard it on channel tv
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by montelik(m): 10:06pm On Jan 12, 2012
I said before this strike came a difficult time (early in the year). It will be difficult for it to continue past d end of this week in all honesty. Hence why I would have preferred if labour had waited a week or 2 weeks more and carried an indefinite shutdown that would have strengthened its negotiating hand. You can be sure certain memebers within NLC are already ready for an end.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by OAM4J: 10:06pm On Jan 12, 2012
Breaking News:

Nigerian main labor union says government, unions had fruitful talks over fuel subsidy removal, will return to meet on Saturday

https://twitter.com/BreakingNews/status/157567452111319040
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by thunderboy(m): 10:06pm On Jan 12, 2012
Strike Continues !!! It's so sad that the President clearly does not respect the wishes of the people . angry
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by otokx(m): 10:07pm On Jan 12, 2012
apo
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by damoskiy(m): 10:08pm On Jan 12, 2012
NLC vs FG meeting ended in a deadlock. Talks will resume at 10am tomorrow. *AND the Strike is still ON*

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Police Arrests Omoyele Sowore, Sahara Reporters’ Publisher (Photo) / President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs / Surgery: Nnamdi Iro Oji Visits Orji Uzor Kalu In Germany (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.