Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today (38683 Views)

NIGERIA 2015: We Did Not Endorse Jonathan – Labour Party / Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today / Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today Thur Jan 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by Valto(m): 10:09pm On Jan 12, 2012
aspabay:

Okonjo Iweala steps out to use the toilet, she's back now
u people are cracking me up here. D other time ,it gej dat stepped out, now its okonjo iweala. grin
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by muyoto: 10:11pm On Jan 12, 2012
dcd
kels001:

meeting ends in a deadluck and strike continues tommorrow i just heard it on channel tv

not encouraging. . .but not unexpected. sad
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by sexlog(m): 10:12pm On Jan 12, 2012
Latest : Ngozi went to d restroom again. This is are fifth time since meeting began.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by chuxyn: 10:13pm On Jan 12, 2012
GEJ is taxing the whole Nigerians to pay the cabal that financed his campaign and are benefitting from his government of wastage, heres just a tip:
" on April 6, Femi Otedola, President and CEO of Zenon Petroleum and Gas, essentially corroborated Finlayson's report, saying over $300 million has been overpaid by NNPC for fuel imports, and that many leading international traders are involved in the manipulation of shipments that the NNPC curiously failed to notice.  “Discrepancies were found when comparing dates on the bills of lading with dates of landing in Lagos,” the document said." you can read the full report on this site.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/fuel-subsidy-rip-offs-wikileaks-reveals-how-nnpc-cost-nigeria-billions-dollars
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by vanstanzy(m): 10:14pm On Jan 12, 2012
Labour union should only agree to a proposal that holds this govt accountable. It's not only about reversing it back to N65 but ensuring this Govt. keeps its promise to  

- A 20% reduction in subsidy starting in April 2012 and for the next 5yrs. Yearly increment will be tied to tangible implementation of projects in key areas: completion of refineries, building of roads, Improvement in power supply etc.  For instance, if by April 2013 an agreed upon project is not completed then Govt cannot increase prices.

- Cut in salary for all Federal elected officials. 25% cut in basic salary and 50% cut for all other allowances. Plus a firm commitment to cut wasteful spending in the budget. Allocating N18.5 billion for Aso Rock is a prime example.

-  An independent investigation into the N1.3 trillion subsidy for this year and overall oil subsidy regime. Forget that Senate investigation; that's just show and tell. I just don't know who can handle this

- Reject any palliative measures. We don't need that crap. This is only for Jonah and his boys to chop money  

This is the way to go; if not this govt will come back in 2yrs or 3yrs and  tell us the economy is collapsing and they need to remove oil subsidy

@OCCAM
VERY WELL SAID ITS HIGH TIME NIGERIANS LEARNT TO STRICTLY MONITOR GOVT.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by vanstanzy(m): 10:14pm On Jan 12, 2012
Labour union should only agree to a proposal that holds this govt accountable. It's not only about reversing it back to N65 but ensuring this Govt. keeps its promise to  

- A 20% reduction in subsidy starting in April 2012 and for the next 5yrs. Yearly increment will be tied to tangible implementation of projects in key areas: completion of refineries, building of roads, Improvement in power supply etc.  For instance, if by April 2013 an agreed upon project is not completed then Govt cannot increase prices.

- Cut in salary for all Federal elected officials. 25% cut in basic salary and 50% cut for all other allowances. Plus a firm commitment to cut wasteful spending in the budget. Allocating N18.5 billion for Aso Rock is a prime example.

-  An independent investigation into the N1.3 trillion subsidy for this year and overall oil subsidy regime. Forget that Senate investigation; that's just show and tell. I just don't know who can handle this

- Reject any palliative measures. We don't need that crap. This is only for Jonah and his boys to chop money  

This is the way to go; if not this govt will come back in 2yrs or 3yrs and  tell us the economy is collapsing and they need to remove oil subsidy

@OCCAM
VERY WELL SAID ITS HIGH TIME NIGERIANS LEARNT TO STRICTLY MONITOR GOVT.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by xanadu333: 10:15pm On Jan 12, 2012
This wld end with war I bet u. GEJ too stubborn to hear d cry of d masses. Well deadlock again! I knw what to do. GEJ u get mind abi? Just wait till 2moro. Plz pple one Nl shld becareful 4 wat wld happen 2moro. I bet u, gej wld b force to call it off by d end of 2moro
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 12, 2012
pls who is National Idustrial Court. A kangaroo or a buffalo
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by madprof(m): 10:19pm On Jan 12, 2012
sexlog:

Latest : Ngozi went to d restroom again. This is are fifth time since meeting began.

Come, why d chick no Poo. b4 coming for meeting na?  grin
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by Flodel(f): 10:19pm On Jan 12, 2012
i pity dis gej of a guy he doesn't care abt d massess, all his atrocities towards d massess shall be asked of him up to his fourth generation.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by friedrice1: 10:21pm On Jan 12, 2012
Meeting Deadlocked??!?
Now GEJ is not only Stubborn, He's Insane!
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by Konnektions146(m): 10:22pm On Jan 12, 2012
tot as much
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by friedrice1: 10:23pm On Jan 12, 2012
NLC should stick to the N65 or lower, if they fail, we go Violent
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by dayokanu(m): 10:24pm On Jan 12, 2012
Retardeen wants to seek the opinion of Patience before deciding when to run away
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by calculusx(m): 10:24pm On Jan 12, 2012
Are there Mathematicians in the house? If FG loose #320bn daily due to this Strike, that means in 5days the strike started tomorrow FG would have lost #1.6 Trillion Naira.

Mathematically  #320billion X 5 Days = #1.6 Trillion Naira

If FG can afford to loose 1.6 Trillion Naira in just 5 Days, then why the Subsidy? I don't understand why FG have to cut off a head because of headache, instead they should prosecute the Cabals who are not bigger than Nigeria and wants the masses to suffer for their Fraud.

Our Voice must be heard for once. #65 or Nothing.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 12, 2012
xanadu333:

This wld end with war I bet u. GEJ too stubborn to hear d cry of d masses. Well deadlock again! I knw what to do. GEJ u get mind abi? Just wait till 2moro. Plz pple one Nl shld becareful 4 wat wld happen 2moro. I bet u, gej wld b force to call it off by d end of 2moro

I dey laugh,
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 12, 2012
OccupyNigeria continue as no compromised was reached.It's 65 or nothing !
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by TomFord: 10:25pm On Jan 12, 2012
Guys,
Something isn't right here.For 3 consecutive days the President wasn't at the negotiation table(probably left it for his advisers)but now that the major oil unions threatened to shut down production,he hurriedly assembled this meeting with Governors in attendance.

Why wait this long or is he trying to test their resolve?
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by slap1(m): 10:26pm On Jan 12, 2012
Meeting is rescheduled for Saturday.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 12, 2012
calculusx:

Are there Mathematicians in the house? If FG loose #320bn daily due to this Strike, that means in 5days the strike started tomorrow FG would have lost #1.6 Trillion Naira.

If FG can afford to loose 1.6 Trillion Naira in just 5 Days, then why the Subsidy? I don't understand why FG have to cut off a head because of headache, instead they should prosecute the Cabals who are not bigger than Nigeria and wants the masses to suffer for their Fraud.

That's without shutting down oil production . How much will they loose if Pengasan stop working?
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by tope3x(m): 10:27pm On Jan 12, 2012
this so called GEJ needs to be impeached, and level the presidential seat for a young folk. that guy dey mad
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by garba(m): 10:28pm On Jan 12, 2012
OH LORD, WHY ART THOU FORSAKEN ME WITH A NIGERIAN CITIZENSHIP?(sobbing)
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by Mayflowa(m): 10:31pm On Jan 12, 2012
Good. Its either is 65 naira or complete removal of subsidy. Any increase in pump price is to the detriment of the masses in terms of inflation. I actually support complete removal of subsidy while we thighten our bet

Then we all have a say in governance by way of protest if anything goes wrong
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by muyoto: 10:32pm On Jan 12, 2012
madprof:

Come, why d chick no Poo. b4 coming for meeting na?  grin

sicko. . . tongue grin
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by RichyBlacK(m): 10:33pm On Jan 12, 2012
calculusx:

@calculusx,

Your chances of making an assembled troop of monkeys perfectly understand calculus are much better than GEJ comprehending your comment.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by sexlog(m): 10:34pm On Jan 12, 2012
@madprof, infact, she nearly shit for body when jona mentioned six something.
Thunder go kill all of them one by one.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by calculusx(m): 10:34pm On Jan 12, 2012
mistypiper:

That's without shutting down oil production . How much will they loose if Pengasan stop working?

You got it brother. I don't understand how they think. If PENGASAN should join the Strike on Jan 14 at exactly 12:00am. Then they will know wats up
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by ochukoccna: 10:36pm On Jan 12, 2012
65 bucks or NOTHING!
Must we pay for Jonathan's election expenses&the elite's profligacy?
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by java002: 10:38pm On Jan 12, 2012
I just hope that labour will not sell out by accepting anything more than 65 naira.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by humblebee: 10:39pm On Jan 12, 2012
last report from the meeting says reversion to 65naira is veyr possible while deregulation kicks off from april 1st but partial deregulation in phases though, to put the price of fuel at 120 but labour unions are saying first phase should put the price fuel at 90 naira per litre.

see how these pple dey price fuel like tomato, meeting resume on saturday
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by 989900: 10:42pm On Jan 12, 2012
I just hope that labour will not sell out by accepting anything more than 65 naira.

That's where everyone comes in. . .we are waiting for them
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by Enosa1(m): 10:43pm On Jan 12, 2012
Where is this leading us to although fuel subsidy remain a good idea but why not dialogue with labour before now. Abi na only him get naija?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Police Arrests Omoyele Sowore, Sahara Reporters’ Publisher (Photo) / Godwin Maduka Rejects Anambra Election Results, Calls For Fresh Election / Aisha Buhari Apologises To Nigerians Over Economic Hardship And Insecurity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.