Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,082 members, 7,835,648 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

2012 Budget Details: Promising Or Wasteful? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2012 Budget Details: Promising Or Wasteful? (7336 Views)

Why We’ve Not Sent Buhari 2016 Budget Details – House Of Reps / Appointments That Shows Buhari's Administration Is Wasteful - Naij / 2016 Budget Details Out. Check Out Some Of The Highlights. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2012 Budget Details: Promising Or Wasteful? by Kobojunkie: 6:02pm On Jan 15, 2012
gbainde:

If you feel the 2012Budget is wasteful, you can trim it here , as we forward reports to govt, yourbudgit.com/2012cut

I like the site. It is sort of what I have been thinking of for a while. Shoot!!! Maybe I should get to working on mine cause we need to get people looking at such things.
Re: 2012 Budget Details: Promising Or Wasteful? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 15, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Money untraceable? So you are saying it is impossible to trace recurrent expenditure? How do? Do you not pay even that to some entity, individual? I really don't understand how you could say that recurrent expenditure is untraceable.

Also, am I to assume you also believe the budget is all recurrent? But more interested am in your explaination for the post you have above there stating that there is no way to trace recurrent expenditure.
I am not actually saying is not traceable, but it will be very very difficult to. Unlike capital expenditure, its more visible and easier to notice if the said expenditures were actually expended on the projects they were meant for.
How exactly will you trace ten billion naira said to be spent on feeding?
Re: 2012 Budget Details: Promising Or Wasteful? by Kobojunkie: 6:52pm On Jan 15, 2012
J12:

I am not actually saying is not traceable, but it will be very very difficult to. Unlike capital expenditure, its more visible and easier to notice if the said expenditures were actually expended on the projects they were meant for.
How exactly will you trace ten billion naira said to be spent on feeding?

Well, Receipts, a very good way to trace that sort of spending. Pay Stubs is another way of tracing recurrent. In fact, Recurrent maybe the easier to trace of the many options given these are options that do not vary much from year to year.
Re: 2012 Budget Details: Promising Or Wasteful? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 15, 2012
Receipts are very easy to forge, same with pay stubs. As long you cannot physically notice a change resulting from the payments, then it difficult.
Re: 2012 Budget Details: Promising Or Wasteful? by Kobojunkie: 7:52pm On Jan 15, 2012
J12:

Receipts are very easy to forge, same with pay stubs. As long you cannot physically notice a change resulting from the payments, then it difficult.

I don't think receipts and pay stubs are as easy to forge as you will like to belief. Especially if the receipts are from reputable organizations, who understand that they could be held liable in case of suspicions. Simple investigative snooping can snoop out forgers.

Pay stubs, forged?? I am not certain what you are trying to push here considering that is not the case, especially with Government agency. Even the FBI, in far away Washington, know who works for Nigerian government and who doesn't.

You know what, if you want to believe that it will be hard to trace government spending. I will choose not to argue it with you any further since after all this is Nigeria where everything seems impossible to a whole lot of people. I will rather go on believing that with the right minded Nigerians willing to do the job, nothing is, and we can trace every last kobo, if we want to.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We May Negotiate With Boko Haram-presidency / Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. / I Need More Time To Disclose Spending On Security Votes, Al-makura Tells SERAP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.