Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,924 members, 7,810,550 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers (9731 Views)

INNOSON Donates 21 Buses To Support Gej's Re-election / Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha / 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers by paragonpro: 1:18pm On Jan 14, 2012
Reggie2

I am not denying the fact that southerners are being killed by boko haram or their copy cats. What I disagree with is that only Igbos are targeted and on a house to house basis. After all boko haram had earlier given an ultimatum for ALL southerners to leave.

I want you to see this as a southern problem and not an Igbo problem. The reason why more Igbos are being killed is because the Igbo man would stay and protect his business and property until the situation becomes too dangerous, while out Yoruba brothers would have taken off at the sound of Boko, before you even say haram.

I want you to realize that if a conflict breaks out, the Igbos would not be able to take on the Hausa- Fulani alone without the help of the Yorubas and other southern tribes. So do not alienate the other southern tribes who are also suffering at the hands of Boko Haram.
Re: Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers by BlackPikiN(m): 1:52pm On Jan 14, 2012
Na wa o, silly people dey talk say they are trying to promote GUO, I no even sabi who be GUO sef.
Some of you can be heartless sha!
I saw the news and decided to post it here.
Re: Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers by hugooh42(m): 2:03pm On Jan 14, 2012
Come to think of It, GUO Motors doesnt need any form of promotion.Its a well known and establish ed transport company in Nigeria.And it operates on Eastern and Northern routes.
Instead of some peeps here to commend the man,they are here saying nonsense.
Re: Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers by impetus: 2:07pm On Jan 14, 2012
Chukwu gozie GUO. He is a true Biafrian, he has done great. Biafrains are thaknful to him for this kind gesture he has shown to his follow countrymen. Ekenem gi, dike ka ibu.
Re: Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers by otokx(m): 2:08pm On Jan 14, 2012
So much under reporting going on in the media.
Re: Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 14, 2012
impetus:

Chukwu gozie GUO. He is a true Biafrian, he has done great. Biafrains are thaknful to him for this kind gesture he has shown to his follow countrymen. Ekenem gi, dike ka ibu.

Is he in Lagos too cuz you guys would soon need him to transport y'all from lagos to iboland.
Re: Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 14, 2012
My problem is as soon as there is a false sense of peace this group of people will go back there.

Whether you are a civil servant, businessman, student, corper, whatever you do. You have a right to stay alive. Stay out of places where you are target of attacks merely because of how you look or the language you speak or the God you pray to.

Come back permanently to down south where it is not inherent in people to take away the life of others!

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers by otokx(m): 2:14pm On Jan 14, 2012
^^^ true, why can't they stay and develop the eastern region?
Re: Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers by impetus: 2:23pm On Jan 14, 2012
Please don't bring my family into this before i insult your mother! You are an i d i ot and a freakin scum of the earth for even daring to bring my family into this! Take your holier than thou attitude and rot in hell, yeah, together with your family! ode!

@Engineered.
U dont want ur family to be brought into this but u told a biafrian that u raped his mother. U brought someone's family frist but when ur family was brought, u became angry. Typical ofe mmanu, thats wat u are.

A real yoruba man is a shameless coward and a betrayer just as u are. Mind how to address biafrians, u non composmentis pecker.
Re: Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers by impetus: 2:26pm On Jan 14, 2012
Is he in Lagos too cuz you guys would soon need him to transport y'all from lagos to iboland.

@Bluetooth
If u dont know wat to say, u better shot ur mouth.
Re: Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers by T8ksy(m): 2:41pm On Jan 14, 2012
mikeansy:

My problem is as soon as there is a false sense of peace this group of people will go back there.

Whether you are a civil servant, businessman, student, corper, whatever you do. You have a right to stay alive. Stay out of places where you are target of attacks merely because of how you look or the language you speak or the God you pray to.

Come back permanently to down south where it is not inherent in people to take away the life of others!

Abi o! Despite the pogrom of the late 60's, which exemplify to any rational being, how much the hausa/fulanis detest the ibos,

they still rushed back to the north. In fact, at one time they were boasting how they own 60% of the businesses/properties in these areas!

Is it any wonder then why the northerners takke off the ibos obdurate flat heads at the flimsiest of all excuses.

Those who refuse to learn from their past experiences and bound to be butchered again.

As per your advice that they should come back south, permanently, i say, nay. They should go back and develop their region as we yorubas don't

want them in our region, either.
Re: Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers by fasa2020(m): 2:55pm On Jan 14, 2012
May God bless the company ! But why again ? ? ?
Re: Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers by ak47mann(m): 3:36pm On Jan 14, 2012
Yoruba's thanks for your advice as usual trying to sound concern like we don't no u people cool
Re: Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers by velo10: 3:50pm On Jan 14, 2012
God bless GUO motors. What is the bloody government doing about the massacre of southerners in the north?
Re: Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers by stayreal: 4:05pm On Jan 14, 2012
T8ksy:

Abi o! Despite the pogrom of the late 60's, which exemplify to any rational being, how much the hausa/fulanis detest the ibos,

they still rushed back to the north. In fact, at one time they were boasting how they own 60% of the businesses/properties in these areas!

Is it any wonder then why the northerners takke off the ibos obdurate flat heads at the flimsiest of all excuses.

Those who refuse to learn from their past experiences and bound to be butchered again.

As per your advice that they should come back south, permanently, i say, nay. They should go back and develop their region as we yorubas don't

want them in our region, either.

Damn, What is your obsession with Igbos? To no end you people hate us yet fought to keep us in "One Nigeria" and are mad that we excerise our inalienable right as Nigerian citizens to live where we please. I beg, when did Nigeria begin Apartheid?

Also, Igbos are building the East daily. Every Igbo man or woman in the diaspora, whether they be outside Igboland, US, Canada or Europe when they make money, it is reinvested in his of her village, cities and towns. JAMB scores and high literacy rates should tell you that Igbos don't lack in the East.
Re: Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers by aljharem(m): 4:12pm On Jan 14, 2012
stayreal:

Damn, What is your obsession with Igbos? To no end you people hate us yet fought to keep us in "One Nigeria" and are mad that we excerise our inalienable right as Nigerian citizens to live where we please. I beg, when did Nigeria begin Apartheid?

Also, Igbos are building the East daily. Every Igbo man or woman in the diaspora, whether they be outside Igboland, US, Canada or Europe when they make money, it is reinvested in his of her village, cities and towns. JAMB scores and high literacy rates should tell you that Igbos don't lack in the East.

please brother just ignore the ignoramus. thanks

some people should just be ignored because they want to cause conflict between groups of people.
Re: Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers by T8ksy(m): 4:58pm On Jan 14, 2012
stayreal:

I don't hate you i just don't want you to bring your verminous traits into my region.

Like i said before, we fought to keep you greedy ibos off our territory. I don't know which part of that statement you are struggling with?

Stay in your region and i will stay in mine. you are ibo and am yoruba- forget all these nigerian BS. You slimy gits only claim "nigerian" when it

suits your nefarious purposes.

But at other times, you are quick to claim your biafraness. So why are you moraphockers running from the north? why don't you claim your

inalienable rights as nigerian and stay put?

As for you Alj harem, i no blame you. I blame the brits who lumped us with you descendants of cattle-rearers.

Listen to the cretin- "am trying to cause conflict between groups of people". Which groups could you be referring to?

could that north and east? Whilst your brothers-BK are slaughtering the igbos with gusto in the north you have the impudence to indict my

honourable self grin of causing mischief between two "bosom pals". You think i give a t.oss what you two do to each other? Anything that will

quicken the demise of this dumb contraption is welcomed by me.   
Re: Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers by princeonx: 5:11pm On Jan 14, 2012
karlfon:
Why must igbos join in this removal of fuel subsidy, why Gov. do not want to address the issues of Hoko haram, who their mission are to kill igbos. I am not in Nigeria, but I am watching the killings in International media, why Nigeria is not reporting it in any of their news, all the news i read here is why Igbo people are not protesting with tribalism and others. We people of Igbos should know that this people called Nigeria do not like us. Only people that are with us are South-South because they have been doing meeting with our elders since last week.[/b]Igbos, please lets join together and face this people, [b]all our engineers in USA have been meeting together for lasting solution. You know what it means since our people  are not much in Nigeria Military. we have to plan properly before attacking back. May the God i serve Bless GOU. Please others should join. Enough is Enough. I and my colleagues can produce some useful THINGS to our people in order to defend our people. Igbos have gone far beyond modern technology, Nigeria will just be like Hiroshima if they keep inviting this War. It will be the kind of War the world have never see before, it will be a War of human destruction. It will be a War to kill all the living things. It wil be a War we all will come out as SALVATION ARMIES. WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!ENOUGH IS ENOUGHENOUGH IS ENOUGHENOUGH IS ENOUGHENOUGH IS ENOUGHENOUGH IS ENOUGHENOUGH IS ENOUGHENOUGH IS ENOUGHENOUGH IS ENOUGHENOUGH IS ENOUGHENOUGH IS ENOUGHENOUGH IS ENOUGH.
Dude I am so so disapointed in you as an Igbo man!first of all, which international media are you watching this killing? who are who are this your elders that are doing meeting since last week with S.S? and where? which meeting are the Igbo engineers in the USA meeting that I don't know about? and where are those meeting held? city and state?You and your colleagues can produce things to our people to defend our people? who the f.4u.ck are you? just want to know. My guy please stop making a fl out of yourself and stop disgrasing those of us Igbo's that don't have big and loud mouth. Remember 1966? Ojukwu has met with France, we'll supply them oil for 10yrs and they'll support us. Ojukwu has met with Gabon, they're on our side. Ojukwu has spoken with Belgium, Isreal, and so on! Now its you, your elders, colleague, and engineers in America. If I may ask, what have you done so far to help the present choas going on before the war you're calling for? I have a whole lot to tell you but that will look like attacking a fellow igbo guy which is not what this thread is about! but on the other hand, my brother lets stop fooling ourselves. You and I know very well that we (igbos) can't afford any form of riot not to talk of WAR. Who and Who is on our side? How many are we? How much is it sef that we have? and most importantly how united are we compare to the northerners? Like I said in other Igbo/war related topics, 1966 was a big mistake and another will be exactly what you called it "killing every living thing" but this time it will be living thing in the EAST.
Re: Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers by princeonx: 5:16pm On Jan 14, 2012
stayreal:

lol! keep you? you're right lol!
Fought to keep your OIL in Nigeria not YOU! d, nobody care about you. Read your history friend lol!
Re: Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers by slam7000(m): 5:58pm On Jan 14, 2012
quote from bluetooth,

Re: Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers
« #69 on: Today at 02:11:14 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: impetus on Today at 02:07:00 PM

Is he in Lagos too cuz you guys would soon need him to transport y'all from lagos to iboland

You are a very sick person,whatever you wish for another person,may it come to you a hundred fold,you and your brother , @engineered, i pray you never meet death till you,ve reaped all the harvest you have sown for the igbos, and it,ll surely come to pass.
Re: Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 14, 2012
Igbo leaders are the greatest fools and traitors ever. When all of them should come together and hold jonatrash by the balls, they are stupidly silent. Igbo people use your head, jonatrash does not give a 4ck about you.
Re: Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers by eunisam: 6:45pm On Jan 14, 2012
Good move.may they extend to other states from the north.who ever is willing to comeback home should start now.
Re: Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers by ezer(m): 7:36pm On Jan 14, 2012
ngineerd:
Quote from: camry-2008 on Today at 11:17:39 AM

A real Yoruba man cannot reason like u and am standing to be corrected, a real yoruba man is not a repist.

well, there are exceptions to the rule init? Please move on, I am just responding the best i know how at this point, But one thing for sure is, i have been very observant and i have a very good reason to hate and detest these cannibals now!

@engineered, you are foolosh and clueless like ur disgusting irritating mother, your family is cursed n useless hence u see brothers fhucking sisters n father fhucking hs daughter, infact ur family is so cursed that u occasionally finger n lick d pussy of ur young neice, ediot murderfhucker like u,
Re: Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers by ezer(m): 7:42pm On Jan 14, 2012
@engineered, you n ur generation will be ultimately wiped out from the face of this earth jst like sodom n gomorah, that which u wish for other tribe shall become ur lot, bitterness n tears shall never dry from ur eyes, u shall be termed "the cursed", even if boko haram or hausas don't slaughter u,trailer shall crush n destroy u n every member of ur family, n so shall it be,amen!!!,
Re: Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers by Dede1(m): 7:46pm On Jan 14, 2012
If Nigerians can not leave and work in any corner of the country whether north, west, south or east, then colonial contraption called Nigeria has to go. The idiotic pretence of unity and one-Nigeria has run its race. It is disintegration now!!!!!!!!
Re: Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers by ayusman16(m): 8:00pm On Jan 14, 2012
I guess no more Hausas in the east? Guess they are happy now. I hope they also reject all the resources derived from the south too?
Re: Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers by ollyruffy: 8:15pm On Jan 14, 2012
This is a commendable move.
Re: Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers by Onlytruth(m): 8:17pm On Jan 14, 2012
mikeansy:

The problem is that most of our people are political illiterates. I just had to say it. Some of them -who are very educated- would put up SUPERIOR arguments anytime you confront them with the bolded words, only for you to see them running to the East or being butchered. It beats me each time I see this! Insanity is repeating past mistakes.

But then I am reminded that the solution is really this:

Dede1:

[b]If Nigerians can not leave and work in any corner of the country whether north, west, south or east, then colonial contraption called Nigeria has to go. [/b]The idiotic pretence of unity and one-Nigeria has run its race. It is disintegration now!!!!!!!!

I believe that these people are WILLING victims of the Nigerian national deceit. I say this because even an illiterate Hausa shoe shiner in the East, is politically very educated. He knows to always keep to the REALITY of the Nigerian nation, and so you see them simply jumping on a "gwongworo" with only polythene bags and heading North at the slightest signs of danger. One of these days, some of our people have to face the truth and stop being smart by half.

In light of our history in Nigeria, it is the height of naivety and idiocy to build PROFUSELY outside of Igboland. Quote me any day on that!  angry  cool cool cool
Re: Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers by ak47mann(m): 8:20pm On Jan 14, 2012
people of ADAZI NNUKWU in anambra state,we say we igbos are very sorry for your lost ones,is it heart breaking cry cry RIP to the dead. People of adazi nnukwu we pray that GOD will give you hearts to take the lost we are sorry cry governor obi now it has affected your own people everybody is not happy but ka anyi chere ka umu igbo kwa ikemba na udo,after that they will surely pay for their genocide killings of igbos in the north

here is the news

Boko Haram: Adazi mourns death of 13 indigenes

Adazi-Nnukwu, a sleepy community in Awka, the state capital of Anambra state is in pains. When information came to Anambra State last week that many people of Igbo extraction residing in the northeastern town of Mubi in Adamawa State were killed by members of the infamous Boko Haram sect, the people of Adazi-Nnukwu community never imagined that 13 indigenes of the community were among those killed.

Members of the dreaded sect had sprayed bullets on a group of people holding a meeting at Mubi. The said meeting was convened by members of Adazi-Nnukwu Town Union in Mubi to plan the burial ceremony of their member, Mr. Simeon Aso killed earlier by the sect while relaxing with a friend in the town.

It was gathered that midway into the meeting, trigger-happy members of Boko Haram swooped on the people and gunned down 12 of them instantly. That incident caused a chain reaction as the meeting ended abruptly and those who survived narrated the story to the families of the deceased members.

According to a survivor who managed to come back home, all the Igbos residing in the town had to seek refuge into the police barracks for fear of being exterminated.

“We started hearing many gunshots through the windows,” said Okey , 48, who attended the meeting. “Everyone scampered for safety, but the gunmen chanted: ‘God is great, God is great’ while shooting at us.”Okey said he hid under a table and escaped from a back door.

The gunmen also carried knives and machetes and in less than 24 hours after the incident, the various families back home in Anambra State had received the information, thus turning the Adazi -Nnukwu community into mourning.

Some of the families that lost people were Obiakonwa family, which lost one person; Aso family, which lost one person; Aghachi whose only son was killed; Aforka whose family member was killed along with their sister- in- law and Mgbemena family which also lost one person.

When Saturday Vanguard visited the community, it was like a ghost town as even the Afor Adazi-Nnukwu market was virtually empty with many people paying condolence visits to the bereaved families.

Boko Haram members in action

Churches in the town and other parts of the state have also been praying for the repose of the souls of those who lost their lives to the sectarian killings in Mubi and other parts of the North.

Apart from Adazi-Nnukwu, the neighbouring community of Agulu, which is Governor Peter Obi’s home town, lost two at the Mubi killings, while some other communities in Anambra State also recorded loss of their people. Some Igbos who have managed to return to the East said the official figure reported as the casualties was much less than the actual number of people who died.

Emmanuel Aso, a relation of Semeon who was the first victim of the massacre whose burial arrangement caused the death of others, said at Adazi that the family had earlier urged his late brother to return when the threat by members of Boko Haram started. “If only he had listened to us, he would have been alive today,” Emmanuel said.

Another indigene of the community and member representing Anaocha 1 Constituency in the State House of Assembly, Mr. Ebele Ejiofor told Saturday Vanguard that when the casualty figure from Adazi alone was made known, the entire community was thrown into confusion.

“Can you imagine what it means for a community to lose 13 of its people one day in far away Adamawa State through such an ugly situation?” According to him, many of them are well to do people in the community, adding that the loss was just too much to bear.

Barely 24 hours after the incident, Igbo residents in Mubi sent an Save –Our-Soul, SOS, to their people back home to find a way of rescuing them, saying they were trapped in the Northern part of the country. In the message relayed through their member, Mr. Anthony Ezenwakwe, who is already back home in Anambra, the people said they were finding it difficult to get means of transportation to convey them to the East.

Following the message from Ezenwakwe, Ejiofor who represents the constituency in the Anambra State House of Assembly called on the federal and state governments to protect the lives and property of his people from further unlawful killing and destruction of property.

According to the Anambra lawmaker, “many families in my constituency whose relations are residing in Mubi and other parts of the North have been making enquires on the situation in the North. We are confused as to what to tell them since the reports coming from that part of the country were frightening. My plea is that government should do something immediately to arrest this ugly development because human lives are involved.”

Though the Ezeigbo in the area, Chief Malachy Agbazue was said to have been liaising with the Lamido Mubi, Alhaji Issa Amaodu to ensure that no further killings take place, the people from the Southern part of the country were believed to be still apprehensive and were eager to return home. It was gathered that Lamido has been assisting those who fled their homes financially, while waiting for further action from government.
Re: Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 14, 2012
The kind of hatred that exists is Nigeria is shocking.

Whether we choose to go our seoarate ways or not, Nigeria will definitely not survive. No Nation can survive with so much hate.
Re: Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers by ak47mann(m): 8:29pm On Jan 14, 2012
look!! we are taking too much from these idieeoots they will pay for it, am sure of that coolthese monkeys are killing prominent igbos with money,that have dependants families,mums,dad,sisters,brothers, relatives, i hate these people with passion cool
Re: Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers by Dede1(m): 8:33pm On Jan 14, 2012
If Nigerians should relocate to their ethnic enclaves due to the menace of Boko Haram or any other religious group, it is prudent that each ethnicity takes total control of the resources located its area of abode.

This can only be achieved if every right-thinking person associated with the geographical expression called Nigeria supports its disintegration. This is the perfect opportunity to terminate the project known as Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking News: Abia State Govt. Bans Peace Corps Of Nigeria / NASS Leadership: Buhari’s Silence Worries APC Lawmakers-elect / Debts, Salaries Take 52.6% As FG Budgets N13.08tn For 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.