Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

My Marriage Finally Collapses - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Marriage Finally Collapses (26702 Views)

How Virginity Almost Destroyed My Marriage - Thanks To Nlanders / Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage / I Am Very Unhappy In My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by saigon1: 5:55pm On Jan 16, 2012
My brother you did the correct thing. It takes courage and strength but you have done the right thing. My condition touches close to yours just that I am worse off today because I ignored similar signs and assumed that things will change for the better, but it gets worse every day. I have my wife’s face book account and I have followed her discussions severally. What I find there is mind blowing, even when I assumed that things are now working out well. She kept intimate affairs with nearly all of the men she had interactions with on face book.

3 Likes

Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 16, 2012
;;;
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by coogar: 6:09pm On Jan 16, 2012
chaircover:

I am serously having my doubts about the advantages of facebook. Only God knows how many marriages have been ruined or tainted by this one single application.

the advantages surely outnumber the disadvantages.
i found my wife of 4 yrs on facebook and we are happily married with twins. cool
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 16, 2012
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by ifyalways(f): 6:16pm On Jan 16, 2012
A healthy relationship demands  more than love,an open heart and an observing eye.Y'all saw the situations clearly at many points along the way,yet wilfuly ignored the signals.

Mistakes sharpen our intuition and create inner smarts to guide us.I hope y'all have learnt your lessons.and better luck next time
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by coogar: 6:18pm On Jan 16, 2012
chaircover:

Congrats baba Ibeji grin

I suppose the advantage or disadvantage depends on which side of the table that you are sitting

nothing truer has been spoken.

ifyalways:

A healthy relationship demands  more than love,an open heart and an observing eye.Y'all saw the situations clearly at many points along the way,yet wilfuly ignored the signals.

Mistakes sharpen our intuition and create inner smarts to guide us.I hope y'all have learnt your lessons.and better luck next time

no mistake was made.
it was just a case of a man loving his woman far too much and getting little or nothing in return because the woman loves someone else.
these things happen.
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by no1madman(m): 7:30pm On Jan 16, 2012
Wrong woman!hopefully,u've learned some fuckin lessons. . . .
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by no1madman(m): 7:43pm On Jan 16, 2012
But who be dis he-goat weh dey chop from ur pot of soup?
she's such an opportunist,and i no go spend more than 1 bottle of coke 2 nail her. . .believe it or not!
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by emmatok(m): 8:44pm On Jan 16, 2012
s_aigon:

My brother you did the correct thing. It takes courage and strength but you have done the right thing. My condition touches close to yours just that I am worse off today because I ignored similar signs and assumed that things will change for the better, but it gets worse every day. I have my wife’s face book account and I have followed her discussions severally. What I find there is mind blowing, even when I assumed that things are now working out well. She kept intimate affairs with nearly all of the men she had interactions with on face book.

LOL,

You you know your wife is cheating and you are still living with her.

Well i don't have that type of endurance.

Me live with a cheater? God forbid.

Women still plenty for town .

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by emmatok(m): 8:45pm On Jan 16, 2012
debrief08:

Hehehehehe, I totally agree, this is the same advice that would have been given by all d pple here screaming for her hhead if it was d man who left. Infact Poster, dont let this male cabal break up your marriage, fight for ya wife. hehehehehe, Divorce in not an option.

What marriage are you talking about.

The marriage is already broken.

Why do you women expect men to sacrifice themselves for you.
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by Genius100: 9:52pm On Jan 16, 2012
OP, I don't understand what your thread is about. If your claims are true, then what else do you need? The biggest mistake you made is choosing a LovePeddler as a wife. Now learn from your mistake, and make a better choice next time you intend to settle down. You will be the biggest i-diot in the world to even entertain thoughts of taking her back.

Very soon, the Island boyz will shine her congo wella, and dump her. Then she will have a change of heart and come begging. Again, you will be the biggest i-diot in the history of the world to take her back.

Make arrangements to always see you son and move on. Enjoy a variety of to-to while single, then choose your next wife very wisely. Good luck.
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by Mayflowa(m): 10:05pm On Jan 16, 2012
it was just a case of a man loving his woman far too much and getting little or nothing in return because the woman loves someone else.
these things happen.

Coogar, This actually contradicted what you said in page 3. And when I saw the line you towed there, I just assume you are so inexperience with women.

Women seek where they get the vibes and fun, not exactly love like you said on page 3. Women love to love and can love any one be you armedrobber, crazy, womanbeater, douchebag, scum, neanderthal. Once they think you are the one, their mind is clouded with illogic. The woman was certainly bored with the guy and actually prefer the attitude and prolly(am sure) the sexual fun from her ex and others. Surely, she knew this man was in luv with her but that can only nauseate the woman more. Women are so moved by sex! and mistake is 4 love
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:34pm On Jan 16, 2012
Sisi daring Happy New Year kiss

LOL I love the advice cos you know that's the same garbage they would have given his wife had it been the other way around. Like I already said im not taking this dude's thread seriously.

Something is terribly wrong with that dude if the re-tards of NL are able to take his wife away grin
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by coogar: 11:58pm On Jan 16, 2012
Mayflowa:

Coogar, This actually contradicted what you said in page 3. And when I saw the line you towed there, I just assume you are so inexperience with women.

you should have at least tried to highlight the contradiction instead of writing an epistle.

Women seek where they get the vibes and fun, not exactly love like you said on page 3. Women love to love and can love any one be you armedrobber, crazy, womanbeater, douchebag, scum, neanderthal. Once they think you are the one, their mind is clouded with illogic. The woman was certainly bored with the guy and actually prefer the attitude and prolly(am sure) the intimate fun from her ex and others. Surely, she knew this man was in luv with her but that can only nauseate the woman more. Women are so moved by sex! and mistake is 4 love

it's so myopic to narrow everything down to sex.
that's far too simple and a bit insulting to women if you think sex is what rocks their world. it's far far more advanced than that.
in one fell swoop, the so-called "experience" you think you have with women is poverty-stricken.
you know nada about women.
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by Mayflowa(m): 3:17am On Jan 17, 2012
it's so myopic to narrow everything down to sex.
that's far too simple and a bit insulting to women if you think sex is what rocks their world. it's far far more advanced than that.
in one fell swoop, the so-called "experience" you think you have with women is poverty-stricken.
you know nada about women.

Hahaha! I see you are trying to get the women anger on me! how smart! You purely quoted me out of context. What happen to the attitude you saw in there? I just gave an important instant with sex. You may not know, intimate incompactibility and unattention, are top reasons why women cheat. This is probably the case with this women because she is frolicking with everyone in town!

I just wanted to decredit your thought on women seeking who love them more to pitch their tent with. This is false! Because, many women can't even bear to date those guys they truely know love them because they feel dont have that connection with the guys(most who are nerdish and sorta boring)
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by Jenifa1: 3:19am On Jan 17, 2012
what is d ex's username?
answer the question and I will give you the solution to your problems!!!
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by coogar: 4:16am On Jan 17, 2012
Mayflowa:

Hahaha! I see you are trying to get the women anger on me! how smart! You purely quoted me out of context. What happen to the attitude you saw in there? I just gave an important instant with sex. You may not know, intimate incompactibility and unattention, are top reasons why women cheat. This is probably the case with this women because she is frolicking with everyone in town!

I just wanted to decredit your thought on women seeking who love them more to pitch their tent with. This is false! Because, many women can't even bear to date those guys they truely know love them because they feel dont have that connection with the guys(most who are nerdish and sorta boring)

you are a fat ignoramus.

a woman wants a man who love her more than she loves him.
if you have not gotten the memo, digest it right now.
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:47am On Jan 17, 2012
I thought that was wellknown?
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by Mayflowa(m): 10:13am On Jan 17, 2012
you are a[b] fat ignoramus[/b].

a woman wantsa man who love her more than she loves him.
if you have not gotten the memo, digest it right now.

I like your choice of word: wants. Not really so in practice. I am not in anyway generalising. Haven't you heard all women, and indeed everyone, abhor abuse, yet many women live under abuse everyday and some even try justifying reasons of being there.

But why is your language so uncouth? Is this really you?
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by uniqlo(f): 1:01pm On Jan 17, 2012
I'm not sure if this guy is for real but this is an exact quote of his on another thread, Dont know if you all missed this?

undecided

''hi, silent treatment is very dangerous, i can say so because im a first hand witness to its destructive nature cos iv used it to destroy my life. u see, im married to a very beautiful lady, the problem is, each time we have a quarel,i give her the silent treatment, its my specialty,in june we had some misunderstandings, i handled it the way i knew best as always, THE GOLDEN SILENCE, for 4 days, on the sunday of that week, i refused to go to church with her. after the service, in other for her not to come home to the same treatment, she decided to go to her friend's place. unfortunately armed robbers attacked the house, she was beaten mercillesly and eventually violated by one of them, as i write this message,im not sure i would survive this week.she kept it from me all this while until last week friday.help me please,''
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by coogar: 1:55pm On Jan 17, 2012
Mayflowa:

I like your choice of word: wants. Not really so in practice. I am not in anyway generalising. Haven't you heard all women, and indeed everyone, abhor abuse, yet many women live under abuse everyday and some even try justifying reasons of being there.

But why is your language so uncouth? Is this really you?

probably because of the cultural beliefs or religious beliefs they have regarding divorce.

in nigeria, some women would rather endure the abuse than being seen as a divorcee. it's not like they don't want to leave their spouses but the nigerian factor comes into play. put that same family in the western countries and see if the woman won't leave the abusive husband without even taking her belongings.
abeg, women want their feet kissed all the time - if there's any sign they would find a better kisser of their feet elsewhere, they would move there.
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 17, 2012
coogar:

probably because of the cultural beliefs or religious beliefs they have regarding divorce.

in nigeria, some women would rather endure the abuse than being seen as a divorcee. it's not like they don't want to leave their spouses but the nigerian factor comes into play. put that same family in the western countries and see if the woman won't leave the abusive husband without even taking her belongings.
abeg, women want their feet kissed all the time - if there's any sign they would find a better kisser of their feet elsewhere, they would move there.
Exactly, even though i dont agree with some of ur points but this one is so so true. Even in this case of the roles were reserved 90% of the advices here will be that the woman should endure and beg her husband to come back. The few pple who say the woman should let go will be labeled anti marriage.
Everyone wants to be loved, respected and treated well, In dis case it was wrong for the woman to do dat while still married but as i said earlier if it was the man who left his wife and got another woman loving him we will be asking the woman what she did wrong, am suprised dat even though the man said he made mistakes no one has asked him what he did wrong or has told him to win his wife back, everyone is saying let her go and cursing her.
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 17, 2012
I have advised the man to try and work out his marriage when a woman faces this kind of challenge in her marriage all I read from male and female most times is endure, try and win him back, lose weight, dress sexy, keep beer for him at home if he is the drinking type. Show him great love and never nagg him. The question is dnt men want to fight for their marriages too?

She cheated yes a terrible thing to do but what happened to forgiveness, sacrifice and really love? This is the test op try and pass it. Every marriage is not thesame there must be something you guys are not getting right.
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by coogar: 2:20pm On Jan 17, 2012
andromida:

I have advised the man to try and work out his marriage when a woman faces this kind of challenge in her marriage all I read from male and female most times is endure, try and win him back, lose weight, dress sexy, keep beer for him at home if he is the drinking type. Show him great love and never nagg him. The question is dnt men want to fight for their marriages too?

She cheated yes a terrible thing to do but what happened to forgiveness, sacrifice and really love? This is the test op try and pass it. Every marriage is not thesame there must be something you guys are not getting right.

forgive a cheating wife?

Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 17, 2012
Yes. Its called forgiveness. What is forgiveness if it is not tested?? Does he not want to save his marriage? Must he be crying she cheated,she cheated while someone else goes home with his wife.Abeg he couldn't have been mr perfect. Most likely they wronged eachother.
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by coogar: 2:32pm On Jan 17, 2012
andromida:

Yes. Its called forgiveness. What is forgiveness if it is not tested?? Does he not want to save his marriage? Must he be crying she cheated,she cheated while someone else goes home with his wife.Abeg he couldn't have been mr perfect. Most likely they wronged each other.

i doubt any sane man can truly truly forgive a cheating wife!
as a woman, i would be very wary if my husband forgives me if i cheated on him. . . . . .it must be because he wants to decapitate me when the heat cools off!
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 17, 2012
Maybe its actually our fault as women then when we tag men who forgive their wives as weak or jazzed but I have seen it and its love. Lots of people make mistakes.
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by coogar: 2:54pm On Jan 17, 2012
andromida:

Maybe its actually our fault as women then when we tag men who forgive their wives as weak or jazzed but I have seen it and its love. Lots of people make mistakes.

is it actually true forgiveness or papering the cracks.
what about the "trust" issues involved after the heat cools off? what is the state of mind of the husband whenever he has to travel away from home for 2 weeks?
these are the problems!
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 17, 2012
//
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by jaybee3(m): 3:17pm On Jan 17, 2012
chaircover:

It is in situations like this that we see the differences in the sexes. I am a woman and I know that God forbid if I go out and cheat, it wont because of something simple like he winked at me at a party or I just liked his height or his shirt (Ive heard some really silly excuses from men though)

So if I cheat its because of something fundamentally wrong with my relationship. Now if based on all that, my husband chooses not to do anything about it if he found out that I cheated and just let me be and we live together like nothing happened, then I know that I am sleeping with fire on my roof and I had better sleep with one eye open.

In a nutshell, men dont deal with cheating the same way women do. Not right, I know but that I am afraid is the truth.
^^^^
Will the above assertions apply to Van the man as well tongue
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 17, 2012
##
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by coogar: 3:20pm On Jan 17, 2012
chaircover:

It is in situations like this that we see the differences in the sexes. I am a woman and I know that God forbid if I go out and cheat, it wont because of something simple like he winked at me at a party or I just liked his height or his shirt (Ive heard some really silly excuses from men though)

So if I cheat its because of something fundamentally wrong with my relationship. Now if based on all that, my husband chooses not to do anything about it if he found out that I cheated and just let me be and we live together like nothing happened, then I know that I am sleeping with fire on my roof and I had better sleep with one eye open.

In a nutshell, men dont deal with cheating the same way women do
. Not right, I know but that I am afraid is the truth.

and this is why you would keep winning the best poster of this section.
your brutal honesty is something others should emulate.

can i vote in advance for the 2012 version?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Will You Take Your Wife Back If She Cheats On You? / 5 Things You Don't Get To Hear Before Saying''i Do'' / Ex-Husband Drags Kafayat Adedoyin Oyetunji To Court Over Paternity Right

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.