Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,423 members, 7,850,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:19 PM

President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol (34294 Views)

Jonathan Approves Diezani’s Sister And 60 Others For Political Appointments / Pres Jonathan Approves Automatic Promotion for Soldiers who Liberated Baga / Falling Crude Oil Price and Nigeria's N97/Litre Fuel Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by honeric01(m): 9:05am On Jan 16, 2012
"SNG's official statement on GEJ's insulting N97 offer & the invasion of Ojota by the military will be communicated shortly. We urge you all to REMAIN AT HOME and out of harm's way today. Counter moves will be communicated to all as soon as possible. Please stay tuned for updates."

-- curled from SNG official fans page
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 16, 2012
Rad1cal:

That's why Bakare aggression is a personal battle of bitterness and regret

There is no standing rule that says, he must obey clerics

So why is complaining about bakare even when he wouldnt listen to the clerics that advised him peacefully ?
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Beaf: 9:05am On Jan 16, 2012
engineerd:

I am not fighting him at all! I am fighting his decision not to use this opportunity to jump on the people's boat to fight corruption that has put our country in penury for so long. I am fighting his decision to think so little of the resolve of the masses and not use it to his advantage to tackle the systemic corruption that continues to destroy the future of unborn Nigerians. I am fighting his decision not to have taken the high road considering his humble beginnings.

Dude, moving govt is almoslt like moving tectonic plates, especially in a country as complex as ours. EFCC has already been ordered to investigate the fuel subsidy fraudsters.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Beaf: 9:06am On Jan 16, 2012
ebonino:

a crowd is gathering here in ojota,the protest is still on

If I were you, I would leave the area.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 16, 2012
Beaf:

This is the typical response of a parasite. You want the best things in life without a drop of sweat, you are happy for mega corruption to continue, so long as your N65 wages for slavery is maintained. Even when you want to buy a car, you accept the pain, deprive yourself, save up and finally buy it.
Your type is not needed in a Nigeria thats in a hurry to develop.

Please don't forget a lot of people transcending various regions voted for GEJ because they actually believed in him and put their hopes in him. This is not about ethnicity at all!
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by aljharem(m): 9:06am On Jan 16, 2012
ebonino:

a crowd is gathering here in ojota,the protest is still on

I would advice you to tell the people to go home.

The soldiers would kill according to the order.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by BetaThings: 9:07am On Jan 16, 2012
Cabal WINS
Jonathan comes distant second
Nigeria loses embarrasingly

Fresh air delivered
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by emmke(m): 9:08am On Jan 16, 2012
gej should have ordered the arrest of these cabals. It's obvious the evidence against them is overwhelming. I mean nigerians will gladly back him all the way now that the nigerian man understands the role of the cabals.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by aljharem(m): 9:08am On Jan 16, 2012
BetaThings:

Cabal WINS
Jonathan comes distant second
Nigeria loses embarrasingly

Fresh air delivered

Exactly when the so called cabals are also in the [size=13pt]economic team[/size] one would wonder who wins or who loses.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by DrKnow1(m): 9:08am On Jan 16, 2012
alj harem:

Coward!
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Beaf: 9:09am On Jan 16, 2012
engineerd:

Please don't forget a lot of people transcending various regions voted for GEJ because they actually believed in him and put their hopes in him. This is not about ethnicity at all!

I don't recall mentioning ethnicity on this thread.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Akwasi(m): 9:10am On Jan 16, 2012
It means the subsidy is still there. If the IMF is so bent on Nigeria removing the subsidy, then when will the country implement that? I hope the President will not be announcing any fuel hikes again anytime soon.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by DonADESIDA(m): 9:10am On Jan 16, 2012
please! !!don"t bring in me men of God into this issue now as they are not meant to be carrying placard all about to protest but help to us with prayers and I strongly believe that they are doing it with one heart.
Let thy will of the Lord be done.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 16, 2012
Beaf:

Sorry i inserted the wrong quote, LOL, its been a long nite for me. God bless us all, One day Nigeria will be a great Nation, hopefully sooner than later.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by jamace(m): 9:11am On Jan 16, 2012
So we can not even trust the NASS any longer. They told GEJ to revert to N65 for negotiation to contnue and GEJ disobeyed? What is the response of NASS to this? And where is the rule of law?.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Lordlordedo: 9:11am On Jan 16, 2012
http://einsteingurus.com

FOR THOSE DAT MISS D

MTN 5GB DATA PLAN FREE

IF YOU MISSED THE 3GB DATA PLAN

THAT WE POSTED AT @ http://einsteingurus.com

here IS YOUR CHANCE AGAIN TO

GET THESE FREE

MTN 5GB DATA PLAN HACK FOR 2MONTHS FREE OF CHARGE

WITH AN ELECTRONIC

AUTOMATED CODE

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR

9AM WE ARE POSTING IT LIVE IN http://einsteingurus.com
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by aljharem(m): 9:11am On Jan 16, 2012
Beaf:

you still have not answered the question

alj harem:

No sir I am not a parasite and neither were my forefathers. I have always wanted the country to diversify.

with that said, you have not answered the question and it has nothing to do with what you typed down.

Read again and answer

[size=14pt]I mean would it not be better to even diversify the economy rather than remove and yet still providing transport etc aka another form of subsidy if you ask me . Or isn't it BEaf ?[/size]
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by mbulela: 9:12am On Jan 16, 2012
I know labour will accept this.
Lost opportunity for all sides.
Next time, it would not be as organised and their might not be any organised labour to dialogue with.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Beaf: 9:12am On Jan 16, 2012
alj harem:

No sir I am not a parasite and neither were my forefathers. I have always wanted the country to diversify.

with that said, you have not answered the question and it has nothing to do with what you typed down.

Read again and answer

[size=14pt]I mean would it not be better to even diversify the economy rather than remove and yet still providing transport etc aka another form of subsidy if you ask me . Or isn't it BEaf ?[/size]

What jobs do you think your LG chairman and state governor should be doing? Watching TV? There is no reason why the 36 states should be dependent on the FG in a federal system.
This is why I called you a parasite earlier, you are happy with the status quo of dependency.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by adedayodan(m): 9:12am On Jan 16, 2012
Well we thank mr president for reversing to 97 naira but the fact still remain he should go back to 65 naira.[/color][b][/b][color=#006600]
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by 4tune1(m): 9:13am On Jan 16, 2012
GEJ is a criminal and should be treated as one because he stop budget implementation of fuel subsidy of 2011 that should end by march 2012 in Jan 2012. Jona where you wan put our remaining cash?
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by hycode: 9:13am On Jan 16, 2012
Someone please tell GEJ we don't want nokia N97.we want nokia E65 grin
And are we now using coins,Naija na wah !!!
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by omo9ja1(m): 9:14am On Jan 16, 2012
HAPPY FRESH AIR

LET GO BACK TO WORK

I GAVE UP ON GEJ
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by pharmow: 9:14am On Jan 16, 2012
I weep for the future of this country, GEJ has betrayed almost everyone that voted for him, what is he turning into, an Abacha. This man doesn't know that power belongs to the people and he is playing with fire. I know NLC/TUC will be under immerse pressure, and we nigerians should continue voicing our non-compliant with any price more than N65/liter. In the worst scenario, I will like to say instead of accepting N97/liter it is better we pay N141/liter because the prices of goods and services that have gone up will never go down and the FG will still have excuses for not implementing the development of basic infrastructures they promised. Now I hate GEJ more angry angry angry angryangry
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by jamace(m): 9:16am On Jan 16, 2012

Please, if you can't protest,  don't discourage others from protesting. If the soldiers dare kill, hell will be let loose. Govt belongs to the people, not the leaders.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 16, 2012
Beaf:

What do you think the jobs of your LG chairman and state governor should be doing? There is no reason why the 36 states should be dependent on the FG in a federal system.
This is why I called you a parasite earlier, you are happy with the status quo of dependency.

You are absolutely right! What people don't realize is that the chopping on the state and local government level is significant. But at the moment GEJ is taking the brunt because people view him as a representative of the people so to speak.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 16, 2012
jamace:

Please, if you can't protest,  don't discourage others from protesting. If the soldiers dare kill, hell will be let loose. Govt belongs to the people, not the leaders.

If u decide to go out and protest peacefully, please make sure it is recorded however possible, There is power in information!
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by BetaThings: 9:18am On Jan 16, 2012
Beaf:

You don't?
Let me help

Beaf:

Imagine carrying out a "revolution" over the cost of fuel when there are far more weighty issues concerning our national structure? shocked
It was always going to hit the rocks at some point, and its hit the rocks very badly indeed.

Any movement that is not backed by an enduring philosophy is bound to fail. What is the philosophy of #Occupy? Is it N65 per litre fuel?
Is that what is hoped will develop the country and cater for generations yet unborn?
Bloody laughable!

Nigeria cannot be directed by those who have only just gleefully welcomed the presence of their first couple of pubic hairs. You do not have all power and understanding, cos you have twitter and facebook accounts. You've got to have a grounding in how the World meshes together first; in fact, all that #Occupy has achieved with their infuriating ignorance/dishonesty is moving the nation to the brink of fullscale ethnic warfare.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Nobody: 9:18am On Jan 16, 2012
If you are anywhere near Ojota, it's time to go home. Pass the message across to as many people you can reach. Soldiers are not sent to threaten people, they are sent to kill. and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Next election, if someone  with history of incompetence in government tells you he was once without shirt, of course you should know what to do.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by M16: 9:19am On Jan 16, 2012
There has been a lot of emotion,anger,frustration and bitterness from both the pro-deregulation and anti-deregulation opponents. I am really happy to see Nigerians standing up to talk and act about issues that affect them. A big change from the past, where we just accepted things as the Nigerian way. It has brought up issues that go beyond removal of fuel subsidy which i believe are necessary and fundamental, if this nation is going to develop

To the issue of of removal of PMS subsidy i believe we should look at he matter dis-passionately and analytically.
1) Is fuel subsidy economically sustainable?
2) What is the best way to go about removing the subsidy?
3) What should be in place before its removed and what do we expect after it's been removed?
4) How do we hold Government accountable to its promises?(my brother who just came back from overseas, says he has not seen a country where the Government swindles it's people like Nigerian Government)
5) Is  the current structure of Government economically viable? where we spend 75% on recurrent expenditure and we have fat cat members of national assembly who are paid hardship allowance, while Nigerians walk to dilapidated schools without shoes

They challenge i pose is how do we proffer solutions and how do we ensure that things improve?bear in mind this so called cabal would not exist if
1) there is a sincere government (2) there are laws that are being enforced.

They so called cabal so an opportunity and just  took advantage of this.  here is a link to website of a group of  Nigerians who came together since the strike started and have been thinking of an alternative solution to this quagmire.feel free to comment and add your thoughts.website.-http://www.reflectnigeria.com and  http://reflectnigeria.com/data/documents/reflectNIGERIA12012012.pdf

Problems and situations require solutions and Nigeria is blessed with people who i know are capable of proffering solutions to any situation we find ourselves in
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by BetaThings: 9:19am On Jan 16, 2012
Beaf:

If I were you, I would leave the area.

Abacha 2.0
Fresh Air being delivered
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 16, 2012
bayooooooo:

If you are anywhere near Ojota, it's time to go home. Pass the message across to as many people you can reach. Soldiers are not sent to threaten people, they are sent to kill. and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Next election, if someone  with history of incompetence in government tells you he was once without shirt, of course you should know what to do.

Even the Military did not shoot at non violent protest.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Emmanuel Eze, Igbo Trader Kidnapped In Kano – Police / Ganduje's Stepping On Kwankwaso's Poster Not Intentional - Kano State Govt / How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.