Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,067 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out (8898 Views)

Shocked When I Saw My Bride Price List. / HELP!!! Ever Since I Entered University, No Guy Has Asked Me For Sex / No Guy As Ever Asked Me Out!!!no True Lover At 17...wat Is Wrng Wit Me??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by PERVERT9: 6:18pm On Mar 27, 2008
a crippled asked you out because of the way you walk,he thought you were crippled too, i would advice you to change your style,i mean the way you walk
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by lucabrasi(m): 6:52pm On Mar 27, 2008
gentledove:

@ poster,

i can't believe a creature of God is saying this about the other person. for the fact that a person is handicapped does not mean he is an 'osu'. he is human for God's sake and if he has asked you out, he is only being a man.

please don't 'run other people down' like this again. its not fair.
[/quoti completely agree with you

@poster
you might have honourable and clear intentions when u posted this but you should take time to go through this thread and see who actually is on the guy's side,its either some people are subtly sneering,some outright making fun of the dude and a lot of people on here being patronising including yourself, it was bad enough your reaction to the guy which i wouldnt have expected from an adult but you r taking it to the extent of posting it in a public forum, for what reason exactly, if you wanted a release from your consience you could go to a christian or muslim bro or sister whichever you practise not broadcasting what could very well make a guy commit suicide because of your actions, dyu even know if the guy is reading all these right from this moment?

im sorry but i believe posting this is immature and if you can give me one good reason or how it ll benefit the guy ill take everyword back, for everybody on here that has been opportuned to travel or live in the western world,we see all sorts on a daily basis but we just glance ,look away and go on about our business as a matured gurl you cud just have greeted the guy with a mild suprise not freaking out which some will see as mild disgust, had a talk with him and let him down gently, im sure the guy will have encountered the same looks hundreds of times and prolly thought u were diffrent or he wouldnt have approached you in the first place on a general note there was this handicapped gurl wat a party(she had a prosthetic hand but she was realli beautiful and all the guys in the party kept on stepping to her and trying to ask her out including me making the rest of the gurls jelouse, ill definitely marry an handicapped person if there was love and if she ticked all the boxes like any able bodied gurl plus it depends on the handicap
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by izeek(m): 7:00pm On Mar 27, 2008
sorry but u really are shallow, and i do hope u know the meaning of that word "shallow"
well as for the crippled naah human being and he might be better than ur boyfriend in ways u can believe.
what do u girls think you are sometimes,
too good for some guys, see how u even say u no fit even go out with am.
moreso u are not sincere 2 ur bf cos u sound like a cheat to me.
no tink say i cripple nah him make me dey blast u like this, but for real men dont discrimate.
am sure say if that guy came down from one bad ride like beyond discussion, u no go see him leg. nah the wheels him take come u go see.
pls get urself a better excuse.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by ayomifull(f): 8:54pm On Mar 27, 2008
I am beginning to believe that money answereth all things

How would you have felt my dear if Yinka Ayefele is single and knocks on your door to ask you out? How would you have felt if the guy came down with the aid of a uniformed driver from an expensive jeep and looks every inch handsome and clean? I once saw a lady i can describe as pretty in the real sense of it with a crippled rich guy and she was all over him as if someone wanted to snatch him from her.

Hummmmm try to see that guy apologise and try to be friendly as you would with any other guy, there is ability in ever disABILITY.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by arianne(f): 9:14pm On Mar 27, 2008
for a crippled guy to ask u out means he still has a spine. tongue
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by adesodgi(m): 9:25pm On Mar 27, 2008
PERVERT9:

a crippled asked you out because of the way you walk,he thought you were crippled too, i would advice you to change your style,i mean the way you walk
i AgReE wItH thIs DuDe. . .lol. . .mAyb sHe DeY dUcK wAkA.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by lucabrasi(m): 10:04pm On Mar 27, 2008
ill advice you to call the guy even if you cannot talk to him face to face and apologise to him for being awkard and that your refusing him is got nothing to do with the obvious i.e his disability and hope that you both can still be friends, and if possible pls remove this post because its an embarrassment not only to the dude but to every disabled person,
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 22, 2008
embarassed shocked
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by walttt(m): 10:25am On Oct 22, 2008
hmmm this thread is way oldddd! girl, i understand ur plight, most of us r like dat, we may be morally good, but when it comes o making tough decisions like these, ur happiness just has to come first. u needn't say yes to his outta sympathy just to prove u do not discriminate! No mind the other posters tryin to take a swipe at cha, if na dem nkoooooo,
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by blissfullynaughty: 9:29am On Jan 06, 2009
@ Spikedcylinder,

So how many kids have you and your crippled bloke had by now? wink
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by Ben13: 9:53am On Jan 06, 2009
blissfullynaughty:

@ Spikedcylinder,

So how many kids have you and your crippled bloke had by now? wink

3 crippled female, 2 blind males and 1 other female without legs lipsrsealed
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by spikedcylinder: 10:15am On Jan 06, 2009
LOL.
Someone went to dig this out. I can't even remember the guy's name or face now.
I AM shallow. cheesy
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by martho(m): 11:54am On Jan 06, 2009
grin angry
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by doyin13(m): 12:07pm On Jan 06, 2009
@poster

Jeez. . .i can't believe such shallow mindedness still exists in the present age.

So what if he has warapa or even werepe. Na still human being.

Shior

I bet your current boyfriend can't hold a torch to this handicapped brother.

Jeez. . .some people ehn.

angry angry angry angry

tongue tongue
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by spikedcylinder: 1:55pm On Jan 06, 2009
doyin13:

@poster

Jeezi can't believe such shallow mindedness still exists in the present age.

So what if he has warapa or even werepe. Na still human being.

Shior

I bet your current boyfriend can't hold a torch to this handicapped brother.

Jeezsome people ehn.

angry angry angry angry

tongue tongue

You got that right.
My current boyfriend has a balami head and is so handicapped that he's can't survive on solid food, except of course Fox's crinkles.tongue
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by Ben13: 2:42pm On Jan 06, 2009
**sits tight with a bottle of orobo waiting for the next post**
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by smooooooth: 3:06pm On Jan 06, 2009
you missed your best opportunity,next one may be blind and handless. lipsrsealed
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by spikedcylinder: 6:20pm On Jan 06, 2009
smooooooth:

you missed your best opportunity,next one may be blind and handless. lipsrsealed

Lol. Thank goodness for small mercies then. Unless of course you plan to blind him and cut off his arms. undecided
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by blissfullynaughty: 11:48pm On Jan 06, 2009
spikedcylinder:

LOL.
Someone went to dig this out. I can't even remember the guy's name or face now.
I AM shallow. cheesy

I guess that means that you did not give him the time of day. The sad thing is that you were considering him when you thought he was normal, so that means you might have been attracted to him in some way or the other.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by Muza(m): 12:40pm On Jan 07, 2009
@ poster,
U ar foolish,do u think its his own wish that he is crippled.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by spikedcylinder: 2:23pm On Jan 07, 2009
Muza:

@ poster,
U ar foolish,do u think its his own wish that he is crippled.

Muza, are you married?
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by suze(f): 11:39pm On Jan 08, 2009
i've never dated a disabled guy before. But theres this blind guy i have a big crush on.His name is Cobhams.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by chyk91(m): 12:46am On Jan 09, 2009
i dont think u did anything wrong in reactinh the way u did.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by spikedcylinder: 11:00am On Jan 09, 2009
To all the people who were making noise over this,

My decision in 2006 is still the pretty much the same as what I would do now. I would NOT date a crippled man. If I were crippled too, I would NOT expect someone who wasn't attracted to me and my physical state to date me, no matter how much I like him. undecided
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by Wumine(f): 12:02pm On Jan 09, 2009
Darlyn, thats what you get for giving your number to a stranger! Though your reaction is normal, but will it be the same if he came to your house in a flashy car and happen to be the son of wealth parents or just a rich guy who is looking for a girl to spend his cash?
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by Wumine(f): 12:09pm On Jan 09, 2009
spikedcylinder:

To all the people who were making noise over this,

My decision in 2006 is still the pretty much the same as what I would do now. I would NOT date a crippled man. If I were crippled too, I would NOT expect someone who wasn't attracted to me and my physical state to date me, no matter how much I like him. undecided

Agreed that your reaction is normal but be honest with yourself over one thing, if u were crippled (God forbid!), u'll definitely want to date a perfectly normal looking guy or wont you?
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 09, 2009
i don't think you are being choosy my dear, but in a situation liike that, you can't just help it. but giving it a second thought, some great and famous men and women were somehow handicapped in one way or the other. just give it some serious thiking and if you think it's going to be okay for you, you go for it, but remember it's your life we are talking about here so don't let sentiments cloud your view of matters. much love from okalax.

Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by platinumnk(f): 10:39pm On May 29, 2009
bookmarking
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by 190: 4:15am On May 30, 2009
serves poster rite! grin grin
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by sleekdoc: 12:52am On May 31, 2009
@ Topic

cripple, handicapped real term i believe should be; physically challenged.

Its really a thing of the mind and your mentality . Spikedcylinder has already told us what kind of mentality she has anyway; a shallow one.

Spiked cylinder picture this; I hope you realize that many physically challeged people were not born that way!!!
What ur sayin in essence now is that 'God forbid' your so called hunk of a man boyfriend or husband gets involved in an accident and becomes physically challenged, automatically you would leave him shocked

You have a wicked streak i'm sorry to say and you obviuosly think that you are 'better' or 'too good' for a physically challeged person.
God help you.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by ayusco: 9:50pm On Dec 11, 2010
well well interesting topic(old though) first of i'm a physically challenged(PC) dude so in a way i know where the shoe pinches i think some posts though well intentioned were a bit harsh on spikecylinder she has her preferences that does not mean she mocked the guy cos of his disability and it is not by force to date/marry a PC person out of a sense of sympathy best to be straight up with the person. like another posted u'll be suprised that PC pips like me also hav our choices. the bottom line here i think is treat all PC pips as normal if u are genuinely attracted to him/her go for it and if not its ok it just being human just treat the person with respect and don't be mean in rejecting him/her, my 2 kobo
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by ayusco: 9:52pm On Dec 11, 2010
well well interesting topic(old though) first of i'm a physically challenged(PC) dude so in a way i know where the shoe pinches i think some posts though well intentioned were a bit harsh on spikecylinder she has her preferences that does not mean she mocked the guy cos of his disability and it is not by force to date/marry a PC person out of a sense of sympathy best to be straight up with the person. like another posted u'll be suprised that PC pips like me also hav our choices. the bottom line here i think is treat all PC pips as normal if u are genuinely attracted to him/her go for it and if not its ok it just being human just treat the person with respect and don't be mean in rejecting him/her, my 2 kobo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Husband Scarcity (a Must Read) Written By A Lady / My Ugliest Photos Ever / I Was Watching This Naughty Thing, Then This Happened +18 [Picture]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.