Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,276 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Unnecessary Appointments Made By President Goodluck Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unnecessary Appointments Made By President Goodluck Jonathan (17785 Views)

Budget: PDP Member Points To Error Made By President Buhari / [PIC] Appointments Made By GEJ In 6 Years / Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unnecessary Appointments Made By President Goodluck Jonathan by canuck(m): 3:43pm On Jan 17, 2012
@Op Maybe all we need is a Special Adviser for Boko Haram Activities   smiley
Re: Unnecessary Appointments Made By President Goodluck Jonathan by PapaBrowne(m): 3:47pm On Jan 17, 2012
Kilode?!:

Mr I-support-Private-enterprise not PDP,

How far with that Benin-Ore road thing?

Anyway, tell your Private enterprise people that our minimum wage will now buy less of their products o, Fuel costs don chop money.

Except your enterprise is oil marketing, we'll have to buy less from you now.  undecided

Ah Kilode! Your intelligence has been missing in the whole subsidy debate!! Where art thou been?
As per the minimum wage vs Fuel Subsidy  thingy, hardship breeds innovation grin grin. People would get creative, both entrepreneurs and the masses. The economy would be better off for it, its only a matter of time. shocked

The Benin Ore road thingy, I drove that road on the 2nd of January again!! Had a flight to catch at 23.30Hrs. Check in closes. 21.30Hrs. Left Warri at 16.00hrs. Was at MMIA at 20.30Hrs( 30 mins Break in Ore to refuel and stretch my legs). Never had it so good.  4Hrs from Warri 2 Lagos. Smooth journey.  2 years ago, I would have started the journey at 8am in the morning and still wouldn't be sure of getting there on time.
Re: Unnecessary Appointments Made By President Goodluck Jonathan by queensmith: 3:55pm On Jan 17, 2012
obviously just an avenue to keep party members on payroll. im sure they do nothing.

why not just employ an external consultancy? that way u dont waste on monthly salaries?

they know exactly what theyre doing.
Re: Unnecessary Appointments Made By President Goodluck Jonathan by JimmyBoy1: 3:55pm On Jan 17, 2012
The arguement that things have always been like this is fraudulent, you guys voted him to come and fix things. Shebi the slogan was "Fresh Air" ?.
Now we have entered a a one-chance bus called GEJ, but we will fight back, I can assure you we will fight back.
Re: Unnecessary Appointments Made By President Goodluck Jonathan by Parnassuss(m): 3:59pm On Jan 17, 2012
Special adviser for advice on special advisers; c'est moi. Please exit left if u r hating.
Re: Unnecessary Appointments Made By President Goodluck Jonathan by Fhemmmy: 4:11pm On Jan 17, 2012
Why would the lawmakers too allow such appointments . . . .
Re: Unnecessary Appointments Made By President Goodluck Jonathan by honeywale(m): 4:12pm On Jan 17, 2012
Cant u see they are all northerners so our president decide to surround himself with MUMU people because their brains are reversed & loser  grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue
Re: Unnecessary Appointments Made By President Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 17, 2012
I learn General Jonathan appointed Asari dokubo as special adviser on protection of government properties .
Re: Unnecessary Appointments Made By President Goodluck Jonathan by crackhouse(m): 4:16pm On Jan 17, 2012
Well, from the list of advisers listed above, it shows Gej is clueless and have no knowledge of many things happening in Naija, infact he's a novice & JJC to the core and therefore cannot do without all the advisers, so i think he really need them. How am i sure he even know the political history of this country. No wonder he can't take decisions alone without bringing in those advisers that would always give him reasons and want him to believe in their advice. No wonder he's always confused. One day He will also appoint a special adviser on decision taking matters so that whenever other advisers give him advice, the special adviser on decision taking will now decide for him the advice to take and the ones to discard. I wonder whether his wife is contributing to welfare of his govt at all, though i know she got no advice to give but she have to try. Ohhhh Whewwwww, i need to take a long breath in cos everything is going Gaga in naija.
Re: Unnecessary Appointments Made By President Goodluck Jonathan by doofanc: 4:17pm On Jan 17, 2012
@Op's list is not even exhaustive. What about Bianca? Special adviser on diaspora?
Re: Unnecessary Appointments Made By President Goodluck Jonathan by TomFord: 4:20pm On Jan 17, 2012
Ha ha (special adviser on facebook&twitter)
Re: Unnecessary Appointments Made By President Goodluck Jonathan by millionbuc(m): 4:21pm On Jan 17, 2012
Did i here that some guy going by the name "Beaf" on Nairaland is the special adviser on new media?

httpwww.5slate..com
Re: Unnecessary Appointments Made By President Goodluck Jonathan by millionbuc(m): 4:22pm On Jan 17, 2012
Did i here that some guy going by the name "Beaf" on Nairaland is the special adviser on new media?

http://www.5slate..com
Re: Unnecessary Appointments Made By President Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 17, 2012
Whn 1man is been adviced by 24 dfrnt people in addition with d crap he recieves from over 40sometin ministers, obviously he cant be normal again. Imagine d kind of quality advice coming from a dunce like labaran maku who happens to b d MI talkless of d likes of sarah jibril a 1million times pdp presidential aspirant at dia regular (pdp) cash and carry primaries. Nigeria must be a huge joke factory.
Re: Unnecessary Appointments Made By President Goodluck Jonathan by Arosa(m): 4:48pm On Jan 17, 2012
I hope GEJ will make me the minister of chop make I chop. I will employ two special advisers, Mr Ibu and Baba suwe. And very importantly my ministry would need 500billion naira to sustain itself. thank you please!
Re: Unnecessary Appointments Made By President Goodluck Jonathan by esiri4jesu(m): 4:52pm On Jan 17, 2012
Special adviser on presidency's menu (1 billion, aso rock feeding)
Re: Unnecessary Appointments Made By President Goodluck Jonathan by Kilode1: 4:56pm On Jan 17, 2012
PapaBrowne:

Ah Kilode! Your intelligence has been missing in the whole subsidy debate!! Where art thou been?
As per the minimum wage vs Fuel Subsidy  thingy, hardship breeds innovation grin grin. People would get creative, both entrepreneurs and the masses. The economy would be better off for it, its only a matter of time. shocked

The Benin Ore road thingy, I drove that road on the 2nd of January again!! Had a flight to catch at 23.30Hrs. Check in closes. 21.30Hrs. Left Warri at 16.00hrs. Was at MMIA at 20.30Hrs( 30 mins Break in Ore to refuel and stretch my legs). Never had it so good.  4Hrs from Warri 2 Lagos. Smooth journey.  2 years ago, I would have started the journey at 8am in the morning and still wouldn't be sure of getting there on time.

My bro. I've been around. I've said my bit about Fuel subsidy both as Kilode?! Here on NL and as a supporter of #occupynigeria elsewhere.

I see you are still spinning the Benin-Ore thing.  embarassed

My Family got stuck on Benin-Ore in November, months after you drummed and trumpeted the wonderful construction work PDP was doing on that road in March 2011.

Anyway they were stuck for over 6hours between Sagamu and Benin, the road is still two lanes and it's the most travelled road for those of us with no money to buy plane tickets.

BTW, I'm glad you recognize the suffering of the poor and the need for it, but unfortunately you were too busy when Nigerians, the same Nigerians that supported GEJ in April went on the Streets of Benin, Lagos, Kano and Warri to demand accountability.

Many of the civil groups at Ojota under the leadership of Enough is Enough Nigeria were sympathetic toward GEJ in 2010 and again in March 2011, but I've read you dismiss their concerns here on NL in the last few days.

You are right. The poor will suffer quite alright, the middle working class will, but the corrupt politicians in Abuja are still holding on tight to their massive allowances, perks and loot. Those people on the street were fighting against that too. Yet this man from Otuoke sent the army to stop their peaceful protests. I'm sure you support that too.

I guess that is fair and good, it's all in the spirit of encouraging "private" enterprises  grin
Re: Unnecessary Appointments Made By President Goodluck Jonathan by Kilode1: 5:19pm On Jan 17, 2012
@papabrowne, let me clarify, I'm not saying I expected you to be on the street, Not at all. We all can't be on the streets. But it will be ingenious for someone relatively as informed as you are to deny the core reason why those people were protesting.

Your posts in the last few days had been dismissive of their concerns, you are not even close to the worst on here, I singled you out now because I suspect that deep down you are more sensible than the usual government propagandists we have on NL.
Re: Unnecessary Appointments Made By President Goodluck Jonathan by olajide8(m): 5:24pm On Jan 17, 2012
Just along my line of thought especially when the ace is with one man his idea even if stuiipd they wouldn't want to fault so they can remain in his good books, just imagine the looting perpetrated by these 30 something special advisers with special assistants and personal assistants I doubt if he can measure their capability to deliver When his always drunk, I heard they wait for him to be high on booze before they normally give him documents to sign I can hardly think of one amongst these men that can honestly look him in the eye and tell him the truth.
Re: Unnecessary Appointments Made By President Goodluck Jonathan by kokoA(m): 5:28pm On Jan 17, 2012
I wan be him Special Adviser on Extra-Marital affairs grin
Re: Unnecessary Appointments Made By President Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 17, 2012
Special Advisers are like compensatory positions these days.
Re: Unnecessary Appointments Made By President Goodluck Jonathan by Jarus(m): 5:38pm On Jan 17, 2012
Reno Omokri, SA on New Media(FB et al) is the most useless appointment. At best an officer(say fresh grad) in the office of SA on media and publicity should be given that job, amongst other works.
Re: Unnecessary Appointments Made By President Goodluck Jonathan by IOludayo(m): 5:40pm On Jan 17, 2012
We exclusively represent Aglomar SL, Monaco, Spain, makers of 2 in 1 dual purpose plaster paint and interior decoration products. Our products save you the costs of cement, paint and sand as well as painting and plastering wages. They have been successfully used in Lagos and Ogun States. It provides a unique, water proof finishing for interior and exterior use with the paint being durable for 12 years. It gives your building a unique, beautiful and classy look. It can be used for homes, factories, hotels etc

We wish to partner with individuals, architects engineers, estate developers and builders throughout the country. Contact Ugo-Rosis & Associates on 081 8836 0168, 081 3223 2989. Distributors and marketers wanted nationwide.

see us online at /ugo-rosis OR connect with the Biz Dev Manager on facebook.com/isaacbiz
Re: Unnecessary Appointments Made By President Goodluck Jonathan by oradee: 5:45pm On Jan 17, 2012
byrron:

Whn 1man is been adviced by 24 dfrnt people in addition with d crap he recieves from over 40sometin ministers, obviously he cant be normal again. Imagine d kind of quality advice coming from a dunce like labaran maku who happens to b d MI talkless of d likes of sarah jibril a 1million times pdp presidential aspirant at dia regular (pdp) cash and carry primaries. Nigeria must be a huge joke factory.

grin grin grin grin grin we r the happiest people on mother earth
Re: Unnecessary Appointments Made By President Goodluck Jonathan by olapluto(m): 5:52pm On Jan 17, 2012
And the salary of each of these special advisers will be over 1m naira. Surely Nigeria will remain broke this way.
BTW, I still cannot figure out the difference between a 'Minister' and a 'Minister of state'. Maybe I need a bit of education. Too many mouths feed off the government.
Re: Unnecessary Appointments Made By President Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 17, 2012
Jarus:

Reno Omokri, SA on New Media(FB et al) is the most useless appointment. At best an officer(say fresh grad) in the office of SA on media and publicity should be given that job, amongst other works.

jarus for special adviser on nairaland politics  cheesy
Re: Unnecessary Appointments Made By President Goodluck Jonathan by Vickivicki(m): 5:58pm On Jan 17, 2012
ola_pluto:

And the salary of each of these special advisers will be over 1m naira. Surely Nigeria will remain broke this way.
BTW, I still cannot figure out the difference between a 'Minister' and a 'Minister of state'. Maybe I need a bit of education. Too many mouths feed off the government.

GBAM!
Re: Unnecessary Appointments Made By President Goodluck Jonathan by niddamugu(m): 6:20pm On Jan 17, 2012
In as much as i do not support military intervention on the on-going "crises" in the nation, I still feel to some extent they have some sense of reasoning that these so-called civilians in power. On this subject, during Buhari/Idiagbon regime, cost cutting measures were adopted. A clear example: Group Captain Emeka Omeruah (now late) was in charge of Ministry of Information, Youth, Sports and Culture (4) and he managed all very well. Likewise other ministers. His achievements need not to be mentioned here, I wonder where the idea of Special Assistant, Senior Special Asst., Special Adviser, Senior of same, Minister, Minister of state for the same ministry came from and each has all these whatever assistants. Until the govt adopts collapsed parastatals, the wastage continues, period. Buhari/Idiagbon regime had a compact cabinet and therefore could easily control and manage the resources very well. I expected the well educated GEJ to follow same pattern. Unfortunately, "a wise man sometimes display the foolishness a foolish man can never and will never display"
Re: Unnecessary Appointments Made By President Goodluck Jonathan by olapluto(m): 6:46pm On Jan 17, 2012
Very soon, they will unwind the words. We will stop having minister for science and technology, we will have Minister of Science, Minister of State for science, Minister for Technology, Minister of state of technology. Minister for Niger, minister for Delta, minister for state of Niger, minister for state of Delta, minister for pet, minister for roleum, and watch out for Reno making the ministerial list as Minister for facebook, twitter and nairaland resources.
And each one minister will have people working under him/her. With cars fuelled freely. And they say Nigerians should learn to live simple.
Re: Unnecessary Appointments Made By President Goodluck Jonathan by niddamugu(m): 6:54pm On Jan 17, 2012
Very soon, they will unwind the words. We will stop having minister for science and technology, we will have Minister of Science, Minister of State for science, Minister for Technology, Minister of state of technology. Minister for Niger, minister for Delta, minister for state of Niger, minister for state of Delta, minister for pet, minister for roleum, and watch out for Reno making the ministerial list as Minister for facebook, twitter and nairaland resources. And each one minister will have people working under him/her. With cars fuelled freely. And they say Nigerians should learn to live simple.

I no fit laff o, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Unnecessary Appointments Made By President Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 17, 2012
I hereby declare my humble self available for the position of Special Adviser on MASSOB and BIAFRA seccession (wit Bianca as Special Secretary on Ikemba Matters) - please Aloy/Emeka don't attempt to by-cut me on this one. I have my eye on you grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Malala Meets Amina Mohammed & Antonio Gutierrez At UN Headquaters(pics) / Fayose And Other Members Of South West PDP Meet In Ibadan(pics) / Nigerians Call For Sack Of Presidential Aide, Okoi Obono-Obla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.