Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,087 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians (5753 Views)

APC Tweets About Money AIT Got From GEJ's Administration. Do You Agree? / Tinubu Demands Apology From Saraki, Dogara On National Dailies - Vanguard / Afenifere Blasts Ahmadu Ali For Denigrating Yorubas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by Mogidi: 4:08pm On Jan 18, 2012
@BERNIMOORE

Help me tell dem o
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by NegroNtns(m): 4:21pm On Jan 18, 2012
The party said Jonathan’s comments that the bulk of government’s fuel subsidy was consumed by people living in Lagos with 10 or 15 cars at the disposal of their under age children amounted to ‘meaningless propaganda’.

Imagine a President saying that. Gej is the President of East. This is no different agenda than in 66 when Odumegu herded his Biafran soldiers westward. Gej had face to face meeting with the Chief Executive of Lagos hours before the deployment and did not confer with him on the deployment. There is mistrust in Govt and among the leaders and the regions. . . .it is clear!

Yorubas, there is a new majority in East. . . the Ijaws, Gej has accomplished in Lagos what Ojukwu lost millions of his people trying to do. Beware and be alert about intentions from that region of Nigeria.
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by pcicero(m): 4:45pm On Jan 18, 2012
@karl max:
Stop been foolish where in my post did Ʊ hear me mention yorubas use more fuel pls if Ʊ can read ask someone who can read to help Ʊ out

My stand remains that lagos state I don't care if other ethnic group live in lagos I live there myself use the highest volume of the subsidized PMS in nigeria and oh add this to it the rich use more of the volume that lagos get and if other ethnic group life in lagos they also pay their tax that fashola gives his oga 10 percent of let every state pay its petrol tax that's my stand and lagos should stop. Short charging the poorer state CAN should not use the population of lagos when it is in there favour and when it is against them!! Lagos and the rich in lagos use more of this subsidized pms the president is on point the truth is always better

Mr. Mumu max, sorry I even made the mistake of confusing your name with Karl Marx. Like someone had rightly mentioned elsewhere on NL, the original Karl Marx must be stirring in his grave because a retardeen is impersonating him. It is not surprising that you are denying what you posted earlier. I am beginning to believe that someone has hacked into your NL account and thus misrepresenting your thoughts.

karl max:
Of course that's the truth is the rich in lagos that consume more of the subsidized fuel my president we are aware!!! That's why they want to kill dem self for Ʊ mr president to continue subsidizing fuel for them to continue there owambe

So the reference to Owambe was not directed at Yoruba people abi? You are a pathetic f00l.
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by DaLover(m): 5:03pm On Jan 18, 2012

Did Fela not say "this uprising will bring out the beast in us"? We certainly see that now with many speaking in a manner that exposes their innate prejudice totally unhelpful towards the search for solutions. So it is now down to b.i.t.ching about the volume of PMS consumed in Lagos without at all making provision for the huge population of the State and how , by far, it is the biggest centre of commercial activities in Nigeria?

We expect this sectional outlook from illiterates drinking in a beer parlour but totally outrageous for a President, meriting his office and genuinely leading on behalf of all Nigerians, to make this inane statement !!!! It would be like Obama stating feudalistically that America cannot tolerate the PMS usage of California when the State, by far, has the largest population at almost 40 million !!! GEJ is a divisive President and his actions and gaffes indicate this everyday

Whereas Califonia population is a source of wealth to the US as a whole, Lagos is constituting a drain, Whereas great amount of fuel tax is generated in Califonia due to its high population, Great amount of subsidy is spent on Lagos due to its high population, does being yoruba make you dumb Gbawe?
How can you compare the califonia -US relationship to the Lagos -Nigeria relationship?? The similarities end in population, full stop.

Califonia does not use its huge population to deny texans of their economic benefits and they do not feel they are smarter than other americans,
Please behave yourself
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 18, 2012
Mogidi:

Who gave All Criminals of Nigeria (ACN) the moral right to accuse Mr President of "denigrating Lagosians"?

The SW was in the forefront of the protest against oil subsidy right?  Come to think of it, it produces no  

oil yet consumes more fuel than any other region, and you wonder why GEJ is peeved?

GEJ has every moral duty to say what he said.

NB
I was going to say I hope you guys choke on the oil that does not belong to you but which y'all want at any cost, but am not going to say it.

Enjoy!!!

Lagosians is the state that consume the largest amount of oil
They also generate the largest amount of tax for the federal govt
Please tell this mumu idiot called jonathan to find a way to decongest lagos by building refineries which will generate jobs for teeming graduates
Let him revive the dead companies so that lagos can reduce in terms of polulation
That is the only way the maalu can cut the size of lagos
Besides he is jealous of our governor FASHOLA
Which sensible person wouldnt?
Again, please warn this retard never to enter lagos at all after his numbered years on the throne as a general
Let him stay with his people wherever he is

Useless, senseless, eeediot
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by emmatok(m): 6:15pm On Jan 18, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

Imagine a President saying that. Gej is the President of East. This is no different agenda than in 66 when Odumegu herded his Biafran soldiers westward. Gej had face to face meeting with the Chief Executive of Lagos hours before the deployment and did not confer with him on the deployment. There is mistrust in Govt and among the leaders and the regions. . . .it is clear!

Yorubas, there is a new majority in East. . . the Ijaws, Gej has accomplished in Lagos what Ojukwu lost millions of his people trying to do. Beware and be alert about intentions from that region of Nigeria.

Great,

President GEJ just showed his tribalism side.
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by smarttalks: 8:58pm On Jan 18, 2012
sad
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 18, 2012
Yorubas are officially the BOGEYMAN of Nigeria, I tire
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by Omoadugbo(m): 6:00pm On Jan 19, 2012
As Long as Nigeria is still a "NATION" people should LEARN to Live with other PEOPLE or TRIBE trying to Rule or Lead Nigeria their own WAY, We should Know all Nigerians are not of the Same Intellectual Capacity. And to the YORUBAs that are Aggresively DESIROUS of Serious Development and are Tired of the Nigerian Pace, They should Start WORKING on Creative Ways to ACHIEVE that and STOP causing Confusion within the Nigerian Polity.
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by manchy7531: 8:16am On Jan 20, 2012
Jonathan will never apologies to rogues
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by Beaf: 8:33am On Jan 20, 2012
We have since learnt that it was Fashola that called in the troops.
Can we now give it a rest?
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by Pukkah: 9:15am On Jan 20, 2012
Beaf:

We have since learnt that it was Fashola that called in the troops.
Can we now give it a rest?

For me, it does not matter whether it was the FG or the SG that called in or deployed the troops. The substance of the matter is the correctness of such an action in a democracy. Have the police failed us? If yes, why not scrap them and plant a fresh one? Why unleash soldiers on the populace? Is it the right thing to do? Regardless of who is at fault, we all should rise to support what is right and nurture this democracy.
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 20, 2012
Pukkah:

For me, it does not matter whether it was the FG or the SG that called in or deployed the troops. The substance of the matter is the correctness of such an action in a democracy. Have the police failed us? If yes, why not scrap them and plant a fresh one? Why unleash soldiers on the populace? Is it the right thing to do? Regardless of who is at fault, we all should rise to support what is right and nurture this democracy.

the fg ordered that troops deployed to op mesa for cooperation with police be redeployed as anti riot soldiers

sort of like if your company xec management suddenly orders the private security guards originally detailed as office security to detain everyone in the office

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Offers N1m Reward For Information On Boko Haram / [Mischievous Speculation] Andrew Azazi Was Killed Because Of 2015 By Presidency / Umeh Restored As APGA Chairman By Appeal Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.