Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,431 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Customs Exposes Subsidy Fraud!!! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Customs Exposes Subsidy Fraud!!! (20790 Views)

EFCC Reopens Subsidy Fraud Cases / Ahmadu Ali’s Son Re-arraigned For N4.5b Subsidy Fraud / Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Exposes Subsidy Fraud!!! by GeneralGEJ: 5:23pm On Jan 18, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Well, well . . .
This is one positive dividend of Occupy Nigeria. Very interesting times indeed.
Let's see how long this tempo can be sustained.

I laugh in Oil Flowing money

what tempo are you talking about -  R u talking about similar tempo like " 16 billion missing electricity money " or " Haliburton scandal".  

Fuel subsidy is the lastest shirt in town  - Give  it another 2 weeks  - Nigerians will move on back to their poverty
Re: Customs Exposes Subsidy Fraud!!! by AjanleKoko: 5:27pm On Jan 18, 2012
GeneralGEJ:

I laugh in Oil Flowing money

what tempo are you talking about -  R u talking about similar tempo like " 16 billion missing electricity money " or " Haliburton scandal".  

Fuel subsidy is the lastest shirt in town  - Give  it another 2 weeks  - Nigerians will move on back to their poverty

Well, it's good reading.
If the noise is loud enough, and enough dirt emerges, it will be a while before anyone comes shopping for 'subsidy removal'.
Re: Customs Exposes Subsidy Fraud!!! by occam(m): 5:30pm On Jan 18, 2012
Very troubling and alarming statements. This Jonathan's team is not on top of things or just playing possum.

Inde also said rather than “smuggling” as mentioned by the minister, what was happening was “diversion” because large vessels importing fuel supposedly to Nigeria do not reach the country’s shores --  I'm believe Customs. wait a minute! I believe Customs; the epicenter of fraud/corruption. SMH.  You're a Minister and Customs tells a more credible story, that speaks volume about who you are        

She said the finance ministry authorises such deductions. But on Monday Finance Minister Mrs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala denied authorising subsidy deductions. -- True hallmark of incompetence; they can't even get their story right

The petroleum minister also said the government was yet to arrive at exact amount of money spent on subsidising petrol as “we are still grappling with the figures.” She added that it would take at least four months to finish the computation. -- so where did the N1.3 trillion figure come from?
Re: Customs Exposes Subsidy Fraud!!! by GeneralGEJ: 5:31pm On Jan 18, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Well, it's good reading.
If the noise is loud enough, and enough dirt emerges, it will be a while before anyone comes shopping for 'subsidy removal'.

So you know NIgerians.  THe like reading, shouting and in end do nothing.

you are correct - I would not be introducing anymore subsidy drama in  my tenure . I have decided pass the buck to the next government.  If Nigeria sinks because people objected when i wanted to remove subsidy . so be it.
Re: Customs Exposes Subsidy Fraud!!! by Osama10(m): 5:34pm On Jan 18, 2012
Naija is one huge joke.
Re: Customs Exposes Subsidy Fraud!!! by doofanc: 5:37pm On Jan 18, 2012
Haaaaa! Times of refreshing indeed!
Importation of crude oil,  payments without invoices, and the most absurd of all, NNPC has no idea of how much was spent on fuel--it will take 4 fugging moths to compute!

Na wa o!
Re: Customs Exposes Subsidy Fraud!!! by okpurukata(f): 5:39pm On Jan 18, 2012
Are they saying that anyone can fabricate papers and send to nnpc for payment? Unbelieveable
Re: Customs Exposes Subsidy Fraud!!! by OAM4J: 5:45pm On Jan 18, 2012
canuck:

Suggested title for this thread - "Nigeria Customs Exposes Govt's Subsidy Fraud"

My goodness! I can't believe my eyes!!!

Without creating another thread, here is more damning information from The Nation that was left out by Daily Trust:

(Customs Boss) said no invoices are attached during clearance of fuel, adding that “as we speak, most of the importation of PMS has no documentation”.

(Customs Boss) said as a result of the lack of documentation, the NCS (Nig Customs Service) is not in a position to give the exact number of vessels imported by the NNPC.

NNPC does not make any documentation to the Customs. Several meetings were held where the NCS was directed not to ask for documents. The Ministry of Finance wrote to NCS, warning them not to ask for documents because this will cause crisis,” (Customs Boss) said.

Source: http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/33701-alleged-subsidy-fraud-customs-indicts-nnpc.html

Shame! sad

I think most of those subsidy fund went into 2011 campaign and GEJ and his ministers were aware of all these. That was why they refused to let customs keep the documents. Imagine allowing clearance without attaching an invoice. Now they want Nigerians to pay more for their corruption. angry

Nigerians must keep talking about this till we get what we deserve.
Re: Customs Exposes Subsidy Fraud!!! by kunyeo(m): 5:46pm On Jan 18, 2012
NOW I KNOW WHY SOME CLAMOUR FOR A REVOLUTION.
Re: Customs Exposes Subsidy Fraud!!! by doctokwus: 5:49pm On Jan 18, 2012
They are all,(1)petoleum ministry(2)finance min(3)NNPC(4)customs(5)PPPRA, five LEPROUS,CORRUPT fingers of the same hand
Re: Customs Exposes Subsidy Fraud!!! by mrperfect(m): 5:49pm On Jan 18, 2012
Let see how it goes down the line.
Re: Customs Exposes Subsidy Fraud!!! by DRANOEL(m): 5:50pm On Jan 18, 2012
in the civilsed world certain actions would have gotten some people sacked and prosecuted!

we were told nig spends 1.3tn naira on subsidy. now the same mouth piece says it doesn't know-4months should be given! incredible!

we were told that only marketers import pms! now we are told nnpc is still in the game and even upped their game by importing crude! unbelieveble!

and to top it up no one seems to know under whos authority the subsidy amount is paid!

niger delta pleeeeeeease sentiments aside take the shoeless fisherman and give us some else pleeeease even if its a ten yr old!
Re: Customs Exposes Subsidy Fraud!!! by bodsibobo(m): 5:50pm On Jan 18, 2012
meeeeeeeeeeeen! these people have killed us!

By the way is that fool Jonadunce not aware of all these as well??

Leaving real matters and chasing shadows all over the place, and this Jonathan still calls himself president.

God must punish these people if He truly on the throne! This is man's inhiumanity to man!

What future is there for our children?

I am ashamed being a nigerian, how can human beings be this callous?
Re: Customs Exposes Subsidy Fraud!!! by debosky(m): 5:51pm On Jan 18, 2012
There is nothing new or surprising about the revelation  that Kaduna refinery runs on imported oil - that was how it was designed.

It is designed to process 'heavy crude' as against the 'light crude' produced in Nigeria - this heavy crude is typically a Urals blend from Russia or possibly Venezuelan crude. The reasons for using heavy crude is to produce products like asphalt and base oils for lubricants.

As for the conflicting reports between the minister and customs, it is not surprising - it just goes to prove that even the government is not clear on what is going on in the oil industry in Nigeria.

What is shocking however is that customs do not receive documentation on how much petrol gets imported - if we don't check at the point of importation, it is almost certain that any calculation of subsidy is going to be wrong.
Re: Customs Exposes Subsidy Fraud!!! by kasperone8: 5:52pm On Jan 18, 2012
Please where's beaf o?Smh sad
Re: Customs Exposes Subsidy Fraud!!! by psalmizt(m): 5:59pm On Jan 18, 2012
Guys guys guys don't get too carried away by these revelations, Remember Oputa Panel? We had more mind boggling discovery. Where is that report now? 6 ft under, Lets just keep up the pressure, #OccupyNigeria till the government bow to our pressure
Re: Customs Exposes Subsidy Fraud!!! by sheyguy: 6:11pm On Jan 18, 2012
kasperone8:

Please where's beaf o?Smh sad
he is somewhere quitely thinking of how to wave this aside and call it the "handiwork of the owners of Nigeria" when we know this actually the handiwork of the true owners of Nigeria
Re: Customs Exposes Subsidy Fraud!!! by Pukkah: 6:14pm On Jan 18, 2012
OAM4J:

Shame! sad

I think most of those subsidy fund went into 2011 campaign and GEJ and his ministers were aware of all these. That was why they refused to let customs keep the documents. Imagine allowing clearance without attaching an invoice. Now they want Nigerians to pay more for their corruption. angry

Nigerians must keep talking about this till we get what we deserve.

With the cacophony of confused voices trailing this issue, what you have pointed out seems the plausible explanation for the hole.  Unfortunately, the government has shifted the burden of that hole unto the masses.

We shall keep talking.
Re: Customs Exposes Subsidy Fraud!!! by dublinkmy6: 6:24pm On Jan 18, 2012
When the devil wants to disgrace someone, he pushes them to do bad things.
But, Na wa ooo, See this beautiful woman being royally stitched and messed up. Bad thing no good o!
BTW, GEJ is doing somethinng spectacular here despite the fact ppl would love to paint him in different shades of bad colours but to the best of my knowledge, he is sincere in his actions.
Although cleasing/ ridding the country of county of corruption would take forever and GEJ has more than enough distractions to achieving his set goals in office within one term only. God help him though.
Re: Customs Exposes Subsidy Fraud!!! by omaojo1: 6:27pm On Jan 18, 2012
dublinkmy6:

When the devil wants to disgrace someone, he pushes them to do bad things.
But, Na wa ooo, See this beautiful woman being royally stitched and messed up. Bad thing no good o!
BTW, GEJ is doing somethinng spectacular here despite the fact ppl would love to paint him in different shades of bad colours but to the best of my knowledge, he is sincere in his actions.
Although cleasing/ ridding the country of county of corruption would take forever and GEJ has more than enough distractions to achieving his set goals in office within one term only. God help him though.
Are you beaf?
Re: Customs Exposes Subsidy Fraud!!! by nikky5(m): 6:27pm On Jan 18, 2012
None of them is clean.GEJ is also a very corrupt person.Why didnt he declare his assets like yaradua did.How much did u think he is worth.Billions and billions of naira.The ministers working under him also knows his secret deals of the president and his wife.Let hin come and declare all his local and foreing accounts which efcc knows.So how can he fight corruption.The are all members of the cabal milking this country dry.I pray that one day they will start to expose each other in a show of shame.PDP is a corrupt party and we only pray that one day the opposition will come to power and expose them.
Re: Customs Exposes Subsidy Fraud!!! by teejan: 6:33pm On Jan 18, 2012
Niger Delta lacks the human resource base to rule nigeria in whatever capacity their technocrats are a piece of shiiiiit.
Re: Customs Exposes Subsidy Fraud!!! by slap1(m): 6:36pm On Jan 18, 2012
OccupyMadueke. . . She has to go!
Re: Customs Exposes Subsidy Fraud!!! by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 18, 2012
Nigeria Imports Crude Oil ? Will it not be better to say Madueke connives with Oil Companies to bunker our crude oil and sell it back to the Federal Government and when the refineries refine it to Petrol they sell it again to other countries and still get subsidy from National reserve.

This is what GEJ is fighting. Madueke as a Part of the Cabal, Vice President Sambo as a sponsor of Boko Haram. OBJ and IBB the GodFathers of the Oil and Gas cabals.
Re: Customs Exposes Subsidy Fraud!!! by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 18, 2012
empty rants,nothing will happen at the end so why worry.
Re: Customs Exposes Subsidy Fraud!!! by maclatunji: 6:52pm On Jan 18, 2012
This drama is only beginning! The bad guys won't win at the end!
Re: Customs Exposes Subsidy Fraud!!! by khrisponty(m): 6:53pm On Jan 18, 2012
bodsibobo:
meeeeeeeeeeeen! these people have killed us!

By the way is that fool Jonadunce not aware of all these as well??

Leaving real matters and chasing shadows all over the place, and this Jonathan still calls himself president.

God must punish these people if He truly on the throne! This is man's inhiumanity to man!

What future is there for our children?

I am ashamed being a nigerian, how can human beings be this callous?

LMFAO. NIGERIA is a MIRAGE!! People dat are still reppn naija, going about screamn naija for life, shud be Hanged!! Dem de use una play!!
Re: Customs Exposes Subsidy Fraud!!! by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 18, 2012
Nigeria imports crude!
this is sacrilegious.
wonders shall soon end.
Re: Customs Exposes Subsidy Fraud!!! by GeneralGEJ: 6:56pm On Jan 18, 2012
Nl noise makers
Re: Customs Exposes Subsidy Fraud!!! by Akiika: 6:57pm On Jan 18, 2012
Chei!,, chineke, these people don kill us oooo! OMG, all of these crooks should be in jail, they have given enough evidence to be indicted. In an ideal country, this incompetent minister would have been relieved of her post and the Attorney general of the federation would have sued all involved crooks to the court of law. BUT the president that is suppossed to sack the minister stinks with corruption, the AGF is corruption personified, the House of Rep. holding the session themselves be "jagudas". Even if EFCC arrest them, they'll be let go since the damned EFCC is not independent. Which way Nigerians? The occupy Nigeria protest should immediately be refocused on corruption.
Re: Customs Exposes Subsidy Fraud!!! by millionbuc(m): 7:01pm On Jan 18, 2012
Are we surprised? of course our Government has been a fraud.

The latest from[b] Wikileaks about Nigeria[/b] is that;

A Scandal is brewing in Nigeria. He! he! breez don de blow fowl n, sh don de Show. grin grin grin

Get details of drama here:

http://5slate..com/2012/01/fuel-subsidy-probe-brewing-scandal.html#axzz1jSqGs1Ow

http://5slate..com/2012/01/nigeria-fuel-subsidy-so-much-ado-about.html#axzz1jSqGs1Ow

http://www.5slate..com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Woos Obasanjo, Atiku, Others As Okowa Heads Convention Committee / APC Governorship Aspirants Attend Screening Exercise / Ansaru Terrorists Take Over Birnin-Gwari, Kaduna, Ban Political Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.