Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North (4237 Views)

Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? / Lagos Belongs To The Yorubas, Not A No Man's Land / Lagos Belongs To The Yorubas, Not A No Man's Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by bashr8: 10:38pm On Jan 19, 2012
.What are yorubas doing about the thousands of yorubas stranded in the north, igbos have launched a rescue mission which is increasing by the day, even though some yorubas are also benefitting from it but why can't the yorubas help their people rather than chasing after shadows, it baffles me, is life not worth anything in yorubaland?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by Nchara: 10:44pm On Jan 19, 2012
The life of an average SWner is worth no more than a few Nairas. Don't you see how they kill each other for the flimsiest of reasons?
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by bashr8: 10:48pm On Jan 19, 2012
Nchara:

The life of an average SWner is worth no more than a few Nairas. Don't you see how they kill each other for the flimsiest of reasons?

This is not the time for ethnic bashing remember we are talking of Christians and fellow southerners here, am just curious maybe someone from southwest can tell us why nobody is doing anything about it, yesterday about 10 buses came from Ph and warri plus other contributions to move southers put from north to less volatile areas for now but am yet to see any effort from yorubas

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by Nchara: 10:57pm On Jan 19, 2012
bashr8:

This is not the time for ethnic bashing remember we are talking of Christians and fellow southerners here, am just curious maybe someone from southwest can tell us why nobody is doing anything about it, yesterday about 10 buses came from Ph and warri plus other contributions to move southers put from north to less volatile areas for now but am yet to see any effort from yorubas

The Yorubas claim only Igbos are being killed in the North. If that claim is correct, why do they need to evacuate their people?
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by banku: 10:59pm On Jan 19, 2012
I think there is a feeling that Yoruba are not that much of a threat in the North. They respect their hosts and even adapt. So there is a false sense of security. Many even refused to go back to the North after each crisis, so there are less of them after each of the crisis. It does not mean they should not be evacuated in time like this.

It must be pointed out that Yoruba Youth Service Corps were evacuated promtly.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by bashr8: 11:06pm On Jan 19, 2012
banku:

I think there is a feeling that Yoruba are not that much of a threat in the North. They respect their hosts and even adapt. So there is a false sense of security. Many even refused to go back to the North after each crisis, so there are less of them after each of the crisis. It does not mean they should not be evacuated in time like this.

If you really live in Nigeria you won't make that statement, the Yoruba communities in the north are lager than that of the nigerdelta communities so if they are evacuating their people why are the yorubas not doing anything? We are talking about human life here so don't make baseless assumptions

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by Nchara: 11:08pm On Jan 19, 2012
banku:

There are probably more Yorubas in the North than Igbos. And the statement in bold is only partially correct for Muslim Yorubas. Christian Yorubas adapt nada. But why should you adapt to another culture? The Hausa/Fulani in Igboland (and am sure elsewhere in the south) still live their normal lives. Nigerians in the USA still eat their akpu and amala.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by Mobinga: 11:19pm On Jan 19, 2012
Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North
You guys need to stop this moronic tribe shit.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by NegroNtns(m): 11:25pm On Jan 19, 2012
If you really live in Nigeria you won't make that statement, the Yoruba communities in the north are lager than that of the nigerdelta communities so if they are evacuating their people why are the yorubas not doing anything? We are talking about human life here so don't make baseless assumptions

. . . thats right, we are talking about human life, not ibo life. ibo is a threatened specie in the north. Yoruba is not. You should petition FG to make a rule to protect your specie up there. Yoruba has no need for panic. Yorubas were in freetown in time of clashes and riots and war. . . they knew what to do without being instructed. Everyone except ibo know what to do in time of crisis. Ibo value his property than he does his life thats why like animal he keep going back to be slaughtered. Yorubas value his life than property becauese he is human.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by NegroNtns(m): 11:28pm On Jan 19, 2012
But why should you adapt to another culture?

. . . you are ibo, you can't understand the why, even if it was explained to you from now till christmas.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by banku: 11:28pm On Jan 19, 2012
Bash,

You are right in terms of numbers but take into consideration that depending on where in the North, many Yoruba are indigenous sons and daughters of the soil.

Nchara,

The Christians are the ones we should be worried about, but like I said before, more of them were begged not to return after each crisis. I know some of them, especially the doctors that are so establish, they refuse to leave.

I still think some arrangement should be made by Odua states to bring home those that want to leave and could not afford to. I agree, these are human lives.

bashr8:

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by NegroNtns(m): 11:36pm On Jan 19, 2012
I still think some arrangement should be made by Odua states to bring home those that want to leave and could not afford to

. . . individual Yorubas are matured and wise about the Nigerian politics, we give them credit for their awareness and ability to make decisions in their individual interest. Our states do not jump into panic mode like that. . . . there are instances where assessed risks demand just that and in that past we have performed excellently well and better than any other group of people in similar situation. Yoruba is not at risk in North, neither are we endangered like the ibos are. Ibos do not have a sense of independence. . . they always have to be led or approved before they make a move. Left alone in a circumstance, they become vulnerable and weak. In the boko situation, they are endangered but yet they fail to admit it and need co-victims to shore up their courage so they keep trying, unsuccessfully, to drag Yoruba into it. Everytime they try, boko respond and kill more ibos. Nobody else need to leave north but them, not even the ijaws or the calabars. . . .its the ibos.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by bashr8: 11:41pm On Jan 19, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

. . . thats right, we are talking about human life, not ibo life. ibo is a threatened specie in the north. Yoruba is not. You should petition FG to make a rule to protect your specie up there. Yoruba has no need for panic. Yorubas were in freetown in time of clashes and riots and war. . . they knew what to do without being instructed. Everyone except ibo know what to do in time of crisis. Ibo value his property than he does his life thats why like animal he keep going back to be slaughtered. Yorubas value his life than property becauese he is human.

You need to see a doctor, today alone 600 yorubas were moved to jos from my unit alone, I don't understand why people like you are still alive.
Denial is a terrible thing yet yorubas topped the list of corpers that were killed during post election riot' anyway some Yoruba groups are not as demented as you just they are not making anynevacuation arrangement for their people yet thereby putin g the burden on igbosand other Christians, if only your brothers that managed to leave the north with guo motors and others can come an read what their people are writing here on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by bashr8: 11:43pm On Jan 19, 2012
Its shamful enough your not helping your brother but its imbecility to come out and post all the trash you posted that yorubas this and that, are you for real, I believe there is an age restriction before you register on this website, this website is hot meant for under aged kids especially this politics section is not meant for people that have no knowlge of what is happening in nigeria
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by montelik(m): 11:44pm On Jan 19, 2012
Before this descends into d usual tribalism brouhaha, most SW governors had long since made provision for their indigenes who wanted to return when things started getting hot up north. Those still there clearly prefer to stay.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by Dede1(m): 11:48pm On Jan 19, 2012
Yoruba are again in denial of the killings of their kinsmen by Boko Haram. Few deluded Yoruba peeps have indicated their ties with Islamic religion as a shield. In fact, they had rather buy fuel on the cheap than think of a Yoruba killed by Boko Haram in northern region of Nigeria.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by NegroNtns(m): 11:49pm On Jan 19, 2012
You need to see a doctor,  today alone 600 yorubas were moved to jos from my unit alone,  I don't understand why people like you are still alive.
Denial is a terrible thing yet yorubas topped the list of corpers that were killed during post election riot' anyway some Yoruba groups are not as demented as you just they are not making anynevacuation arrangement for their people yet  thereby putin g the burden on igbosand other Christians, if only your brothers that managed to leave the north with guo motors and others can come an read what their people are writing here on nairaland.

really!!!   oh, poor Yoruba people, stranded and no one to come and get them.   cry cry    

bashr, who moved them and why?  lets watch this fool fall trap himself into corner.   cool
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by SisiKill1: 11:49pm On Jan 19, 2012
montelik:

Before this descends into d usual tribalism brouhaha, most SW governors had long since made provision for their indigenes who wanted to return when things started getting hot up north. Does still there clearly prefer to stay.

Before it descends?
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by bashr8: 11:52pm On Jan 19, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

really!!!   oh, poor Yoruba people, stranded and no one to come and get them.   cry cry    

bashr, who moved them and why?  lets watch this fool fall trap himself into corner.   cool
They where moved because it is impossible to seperate people that are trying to flee and tell them we can't move you cause you are Yoruba. The earlier you spend this energy in mobilising at least one or two influencial or rich folks in yoruba land that can help your people the better for you, stop this foolishness.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by NegroNtns(m): 11:52pm On Jan 19, 2012
lmao@s_k. . . whatsup girl?  It already sank too low ehn? grin
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by Obiagu1(m): 11:54pm On Jan 19, 2012
bashr8:

.What are yorubas doing about the thousands of yorubas stranded in the north, igbos have launched a rescue mission which is increasing by the day, even though some yorubas are also benefitting from it but why can't the yorubas help their people rather than chasing after shadows, it baffles me,  is life not worth anything in yorubaland?

A Yoruba life is worth nothing. A people that gloat over the dead of innocent people, I wonder if they even bury their own people; maybe they leave them to be eating by dogs.

How do you except such people to even acknowledge that Yorubas are dying in the North?
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by emmke(m): 11:55pm On Jan 19, 2012
some one said yorubas outnumber the igbos in the north. No way in hell is that possible. Noooooo wayyyyy
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by Dede1(m): 11:56pm On Jan 19, 2012
bashr8:

Its shamful enough your not helping your brother but its imbecility to come out and post all the trash you posted that yorubas this and that, are you for real, I believe there is an age restriction before you register on this website, this website is hot meant for under aged kids especially this politics section is not meant for people that have no knowlge of what is happening in nigeria

Do not pay any mind to some of the goons of Yoruba extraction that are rascally irresponsible.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by Obiagu1(m): 11:57pm On Jan 19, 2012
emmke:

some one said yorubas outnumber the igbos in the north. No in hell is that possible. Noooooo wayyyyy

I've you lived in the North? I lived there for fuvking 3 years!
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by bashr8: 11:58pm On Jan 19, 2012
emmke:

some one said yorubas outnumber the igbos in the north. No in hell is that possible. Noooooo wayyyyy
This is not a census brawl. Are there yorubas in the north= yes that's all
Why are their people not moving them like the igbos, other southern groups and midl
dle belt Christians are moving their people? That what we are trying to find out here.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by NegroNtns(m): 11:58pm On Jan 19, 2012
They where moved because it is impossible to seperate people that are trying to flee and tell them we can't move you cause you are Yoruba. The earlier you spend this energy in mobilising at least one or two influencial or rich folks in yoruba land that can help your people the better for you,  stop this foolishness.

hahahahah. . .heheheheh. . . . grin grin grin  haaa,  cheesy cheesy cheesy. . . .  thank you commando bashr of the MISSION IMPOSSIBLE squad!  Yeah great job, next story!

Yoruba know the way to Yorubaland.  Jos is not the way to Yorubaland. . . its the way to ibo land.   Ibo move their people from frying to fire because you lack the ability to proper assess risks.  Yorubas dont do that!  We dont go from frying toi fire.  

No Yoruba will leave what they know to go put head in what they dont know.   You deserve an award for your story. . . tell me where to send you this $50.  You earned it for the story not for your mission in moving Yorubas.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by Obiagu1(m): 12:00am On Jan 20, 2012
bashr8:

They where moved because it is impossible to seperate people that are trying to flee and tell them we can't move you cause you are Yoruba. The earlier you spend this energy in mobilising at least one or two influencial or rich folks in yoruba land that can help your people the better for you,  stop this foolishness.

If it were someone like me that have been on Nairaland, walahi, I'll screen everyone before anyone boards that bus.
Pathetic people, they'll never appreciate the Igbo rather they'll be backstabbing them.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by emmke(m): 12:00am On Jan 20, 2012
Obiagu1:

I've you lived in the North? I lived there for fuvking 3 years!
lol, i was born in jos. Spent 23 yrs there. 1 yr in katsina, 1yr in benue, few months in yobe and 11 months in ph.   cheesy
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by NegroNtns(m): 12:01am On Jan 20, 2012
Why are their people not moving them like the igbos

. . . .ibo feeling vulnerable and looking for approval and co-victim.   checked!
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by montelik(m): 12:02am On Jan 20, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Before it descends?

It was quicker than usual.  grin
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by Obiagu1(m): 12:03am On Jan 20, 2012
emmke:

lol, i was born in jos. Spent 23 yrs there. 1 yr in katsina, 1yr in benue, few months in yobe and 11 months in ph.   cheesy

I lived in Katsina for a year and Kaduna for 2 years, now tell me which of Igbo and Yoruba outnumber the other in Katsina?
Let me hear your lies!
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by bashr8: 12:03am On Jan 20, 2012
This negronuts is a fool,  most of the evacuation is to first get the poepl out of the bokoharem regions, there are soo many people and little vehicles how do you think those vehicles will make trips to the south a whole day journey plus scarcity of fuel you caused by your stupid strike, hence the need to first get them to middle belt region where they are at least safe for the meantime, I think its time they ban you forever from nairaland you sound more stupid as the days go by

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obi And Rochas Okorocha Who Is Wealthier? / Are There Still Governors In These States? / I Support June 12 As Democracy Day — Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.