Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,585 members, 7,958,814 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:42 AM

Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North (4307 Views)

Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? / Lagos Belongs To The Yorubas, Not A No Man's Land / Lagos Belongs To The Yorubas, Not A No Man's Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by NegroNtns(m): 12:04am On Jan 20, 2012
they'll never appreciate the Igbo

. . . .there's nothing of value in ibo.   Hausa said it better, "ka yanke yan banza"   cut and slice up the bastards!  cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by Nchara: 12:05am On Jan 20, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

. . . you are ibo, you can't understand the why, even if it was explained to you from now till christmas.

You are a fo/ol. Show me the Yoruba that has adapted anywhere they live outside Yorubaland. I even gave the Yoruba muslims the benefit of the doubt, but I exaggerated. How many Yoruba muslims lead prayers in Northern Nigeria? How many of them adapt to Igbo, American, UK, Ijaw, etc culture where they live? Yoruba problem is living a life of denial. There is nothing on earth that goes wrong with you that you accept responsibility for. We will keep whipping your backside until you change.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by bashr8: 12:06am On Jan 20, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

. . . .ibo feeling vulnerable and looking for approval and co-victim.   checked!

Maybe if you took care of you people the burden won't have to be on others especially igbos but no oil was more important to you,  on ye oshi mmanu
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by Nchara: 12:07am On Jan 20, 2012
The Hausa/Fulani leaving the East were asked if they would like to return and they said yes.

Do some googling, people.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by emmke(m): 12:08am On Jan 20, 2012
Obiagu1:

I lived in Katsina for a year and Kaduna for 2 years, now tell me which of Igbo and Yoruba outnumber the other in Katsina?
Let me here your lies!
yeah well to u saying igbos outnumber yoruba means am lying. So i'd just leave it here and allow another neutral to come help.   wink
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by bashr8: 12:09am On Jan 20, 2012
Obiagu1:

If it were someone like me that have been on Nairaland, walahi, I'll screen everyone before anyone boards that bus.
Pathetic people, they'll never appreciate the Igbo rather they'll be backstabbing them.

Don't mind him,  he knows more about the north than yorubaland I guess he is alahji harem or some other northers or those Muslims from kwara notice the real yorubas always avoid this kind of thread cus they have nothing to say
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by Obiagu1(m): 12:12am On Jan 20, 2012
emmke:

yeah well to u saying igbos outnumber yoruba means am lying. So i'd just leave it here and allow another neutral to come help.   wink

Good, lets leave it to a neutral.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by Obiagu1(m): 12:12am On Jan 20, 2012
bashr8:

Don't mind him,  he knows more about the north than yorubaland I guess he is alahji harem or some other northers or those Muslims from kwara notice the real yorubas always avoid this kind of thread cus they have nothing to say

Could be true.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by Nchara: 12:14am On Jan 20, 2012
Saturday Sun gathered that women and children of northern origin have been sent home for safety, while the men (Husbands) remain to monitor the situation.
Suya sellers of northern origin were seen at their business posts at Ama Hausa and the Central Mosque area. At Mbaise Road/Douglas Junction Owerri, Saturday Sun observed some Hausa youths selling their wares.

http://www.nigerianbestforum.com/blog/?p=104187

Speaking to Saturday Sun, Hausa Nuhu, a trader, expressed worry over the activities of the Islamic sect, Boko Haram.
He said: “We have been living peaceful with the natives over 30 years without any disturbances and one cannot understand this ugly situation. We want the government to arrest the ugly situation, so that we will continue to live in harmony with our neighbours.
“It is a pity that one will begin to maintain two families at these hard times. We should start to learn how to tolerate each other and this unprovoked attacks by the Boko Haram are uncalled for.”

Mallam Maggai Mohamed, a father of seven, said he has no option but to remain Owerri, to continue his lace business in order to feed his family.
“To me, I believe I have no problem with anybody in area having lived here for more than 40 years. It will not be easy for me to adjust if I relocated to my home state, Sokoto State. The Igbo have been accommodating and we are pleading with them not to embark on any reprisal attack.

From all indications, muslims in the North have a problem with Igbos living in the North. But Igbos have no problem with muslims living in Igboland
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by Nchara: 12:16am On Jan 20, 2012
The best path is for all Igbos to relocate and find something to do like I enumerated in a previous thread
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by Nchara: 12:17am On Jan 20, 2012
http://www.nigerianbestforum.com/blog/?p=104187

Non Nigerians in Lagos flee SW

It was gathered that the aliens from Niger Republic and Chad, who engage in menial jobs, ranging from operating commercial motorcycle, shoe mending and security guards, are startled by telephone text messages that members of Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC) are planning to attack Hausa in Lagos, to avenge the killing of Yoruba in the North by Boko Haram.
One of them said that their decision to make haste while the sun shines was in order not to be caught in crossfire, as people mistake them for Hausas from the North. The panic stricken Nigeriens told Saturday Sun in Pidgin English that since Boko Haram asked northerners living in the South to come back to the North while southerners living in the North should return to their areas, they have been following development. According to him, they have heard that northerners in Igboland are going back to the respective states and therefore, they would be foolish to remain in Nigeria.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by NegroNtns(m): 12:18am On Jan 20, 2012
This negronuts is a fool,  most of the evacuation is to first get the poepl out of the bokoharem regions, there are soo many people and little vehicles how do you think those vehicles will make trips to the south a whole day journey plus scarcity of fuel you caused by your silly strike, hence the need to first get them to middle belt region where they are at least safe for the meantime, I think its time they ban you forever from nairaland you sound more silly as the days go by

. . . let me give you the draw down, you looser!  Your mission already failed before it even started!!  

First, boko trouble has been going now for couple of months and the tensions have actually died down compared with past months.  All the people that took proper assessment of the situation and foresaw what was coming had got up and left, relocated to other places or gone back home. . . regardless where home is.  Yorubas left in boko territory up to this time are entrenched Yorubas who have become part and parcel of the custom and tradition of Kanuri.  If boko is killing Kanuri and Huasa, then this class of entrenched Yoruba is just as much a victim.  Any Yoruba that is still up there in the hotbed of boko till today has a lesson to learn.  We are not ibos. . . we dont tresspass our boundaries and we dont force ourselves on people that dont welcome us.  

Ibos are the ones that refused to leave and remained in that hotbed even when boko told them to leave within 3 days, what did your governors tell you to do?  STAY!  That show how dunce and backward you and the people that lead you are.  You are in panic mode now and rushing your ibo people out because you failed to leave when Yorubas were leaving.  When Yorubas were leaving you called us cowards!  Now that you are left for blood sacrifice and you look around and find no one but ibo. . . then you realize your foolishness and concoct story about a squad getting 600 Yoruba from Borno to Jos.

So how is Jos a safer place than Borno, you mind sharing?  You buffoon!! grin grin
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by Nchara: 12:21am On Jan 20, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

. . . .ibo feeling vulnerable and looking for approval and co-victim.   checked!

What happened in 2001 in the North?
How many Yorubas were killed in retaliation for hausa/fulani deaths in Sagamu and Ketu?
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by NegroNtns(m): 12:22am On Jan 20, 2012
yeah well to u saying igbos outnumber yoruba means am lying.

. . . what else is new about your fabrication skills?  Ibo is 1billion in North when your business is good.  Ibo is only 5 in North when business is bad!! grin grin
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by Nchara: 12:22am On Jan 20, 2012
Shagamu Reprisal Attack
This is one of the first crises since the restoration of democracy in Nigeria. While the previous crisis could be associated with military authoritarianism and their manipulation of ethnic and religious identity to enhance their continue hold on to power, the transition to civil governance has not change the character of violence in the country.
On the 22nd of July 1999, Hausa youths consisting almajirai, Yan’daba and other unemployed and social miscreants launched a reprisal attack on Yoruba community in response to the three days mayhem that led to several deaths and displacements involving some Hausa and Yoruba in Sagamu, Ogun state.
The movement of displaced victims from Sagamu, particularly children and women many of whom had lost their bread- winners was what resulted to the crisis. The victims of Sagamu riot were transported in large trucks and off-loaded in Konar Gogau, between Fagge and Kofar Wambai. In retaliation hundreds of rampaging Youths trouped to the street razing down several houses and compounds. Many commercial drivers were forced to disembark Yoruba commuters for instant justice, properties worth millions of Naira were looted and many lives lost and injuries of varying degrees were sustained. Unlike the previous crises, Sabon Gari was not affected; instead it became a safe heaven for Yorubas who trooped in there for refuge.

http://hussainiabdu.info/mydocs/Ethno-religious%20Crisis%20in%20Northern%20Nigeria.pdf
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by HighChief4(m): 12:23am On Jan 20, 2012
Yoruba do not care about their fellow brothers up there, they can all be blown up in the gas chamber for all they care. A Yoruba man would rather be thinking of the nex gbedu by week end and not some of their people being killed somewhere
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by Nchara: 12:23am On Jan 20, 2012
Jos crisis: We lost all say Hausa-Fulani, Igbo, Yoruba   
Written by Chioma Gabriel, (Deputy Editor, Lagos,) Taye Obateru, Jos, Uduma Kalu, Lagos   
Saturday, December 6, 2008

Igbos: Spare parts, timber shed, motor market, shops burnt*

Hausa: N2bn worth of cars *

Yoruba: 113 lives,house, businesses lost

All Nigerians, not just natives of Jos, capital of Plateau state, were victims of the last  November 27 described by the people as the worst ever in the city investigations have revealed.

Yet, another crisis may erupt in the city as the victims count their losses. To nip this in the bud, the victims are asking the federal and the state governments to come to their aid.

A survey of the city last Thursday by Saturday Vanguard indicates that the fear now is that the level of loss suffered by people may  lead to another crisis at the slightest excuse. They are therefore crying out for assistance.

Some of those asking for help are the Igbo, Hausa-Fulani, Yoruba and Benue citizens. Regrettably, most of the victims who were killed knew nothing about what went amiss.

A young man who lived around Rikkos area lost his life when the Hausa community burnt his house.

When asked to leave his house as a crowd was gathering because of the local government elections, the young man asked why he should run when he was not a politician and had nothing to do with the election. The house was burnt by the assailants. His young wife  and kids are now without a bread winner.

Many more examples abound of how people died innocently in the mayhem while those who managed to escape with their lives lost life investments and other property. For a number of others, it was multiple tragedies as they lost children, homes and business places all to the crisis.

Homes, shops, cars and other economic property were burnt, or destroyed on both sides in retaliatory moves designed to inflict as much pain as possible. Stories were told of when groups saw the destruction done to their own property or economic interests also mobilized and descended on those belonging to those believed to be responsible for their own loss.

The riot began along political party lines but took  ethno-religious dimension later, resulting in the death of over 500 people, with properties worth billions of naira burnt,  looted and destroyed.

And it is not only natives of the city that are counting their losses but all Nigerian of all ethnic groups.

That all Nigerian were victims of the loss could be gleaned from Laranto Market, hitherto a perfect setting of Nigerians from various parts, who together pursued their economic interests without let or hindrance.

This largest timber market, mostly run by the Igbo, also had the second hand clothing and large scale foodstuff business run by the Hausa-Fulani, the building materials shops,  run by the Igbo as well as the palm oil, small-scale foodstuff business, etc, which was a mix of Nigerians made the  place popularly known as ‘Katako’ bubble.

The Igbo also suffered serious losses in the crisis because many of their shops and businesses were targeted by the hoodlums during the riot. Apart from the timber shed in Katako which was completely razed, the second hand vehicle parts market at Farin Gada where they sold vehicle engines, spare parts and other things was attacked, torched and looted. Many of their shops in other places were also not spared.

Today, Laranto Market is now reduced to rubbles, more like an open field, as it was razed down and levelled in what could be described as mutually assured destruction or what in Nigerian parlance is called ‘do me, I do you’. It was learnt that victims of initial attacks fought back to ensure that they all suffered the pain.

Saturday Vanguard also gathered that the recent Jos  mayhem was worse than the September 7, 2001 version in terms of human and economic loss.

“The one that occurred in 2001 is nowhere near this. Many more lives were lost in this one and more property and businesses were destroyed”, Jude Sylvester, a businessman told Saturday Vanguard.

His view was supported by Mrs. Roseline Okonkwo, a petty trader at the destroyed Laranto market who said many businesses might have been permanently ruined unless assistance comes from government or from other quarters.

“Where do we begin from? Even the little money we had was left in the store and all were either burnt or looted. We have not even paid for some of the goods we collected that were destroyed. I don’t want to think about it”; she said amidst sobs.

Calls for compensation have been coming from various quarters to assist the victims to start life again.

Chairman of the second hand vehicle dealers association, Alhaji Yahaya Kega who said his members lost vehicles worth almost N2b in the mayhem urged both the Federal and State governments to come to their aid in view of the incalculable loss they suffered. The timber dealers in Laranto have also made a similar appeal.

Perhaps most pathetic is the situation of the Yoruba who got caught on all fronts of the divide and suffered heavy human and business losses in the crisis. Since the crisis took a religious dimension, the Yoruba who are almost equally divided along both religious lines were attacked from both sides.

Christian and Moslem Yoruba alike were attacked, killed and had their houses and property burnt.

According to President-General of the Yoruba Community Council in the state, Chief Toye Ogushuyi, the losses suffered by his people were heavy.   About 113 Yorubas, he said, lost their lives in the recent crisis.

He stated this at a meeting between Governor Jonah Jang and community and religious leaders on Wednesday saying most of their corpses have been taken to their states for burial.

With tears in their eyes, including the state Deputy Governor, Mrs. Pauline Tallen, Ogunshuyi narrated how his people were hacked down or burnt over a crisis they knew nothing about.

He said many of the victims were caught unawares because their assailants wore military uniforms. He said Yorubas were peace loving adding,“We have been carrying out legitimate businesses in Jos since 1891 and we built the first church in Jos but we have been living peacefully without fighting to rule Jos”.

The Yoruba leader said those who unleashed the violence should be identified and punished to restore the confidence of people in government’s ability to protect lives and property.

“We, the Yorubas, have suffered a great loss. Like I said at the meeting with the governor, over a 100 and something of our people have died, and they are both Moslems and Christians.

Houses and businesses were destroyed and right now we are collating the losses of our people to be sent to the governors of the Yoruba states for possible assistance. An elderly man of 72 years Alhaji Hassan had his house and business places burnt.

Another elderly Yoruba, Alhaji Alasinrin also lost four shops where he sold grains completely razed. This is not to talk of those who were killed indiscriminately whether they were Christians or Moslems,” he told Saturday Vanguard in an interview.

Ogunsuyi expressed disappointment with some members of the National Assembly whom he said had been making emotional outbursts based on ignorance and bias as if only a particular ethnic group or religion was affected.

“They should come here and see what our people suffered before making provocative statements that will only cause more problems,” he said.

As the crisis lasted in Jos, the nation was also seized by tension. Last Thursday, newly elected president of the Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Ralph Uwechue, in a telephone interview with Saturday Vanguard said the group is trying to get inventory of the Igbo affected by the crisis as it does not know the extent Igbo were affected in the mayhem.

Uwechue who served as both ex President Olusegun  Obasanjo’s Special Envoy on Conflict Resolution in Africa and as Head of the Economic Community of West African States Mission in Cote d’Ivoire (ECOMICI) said the group has therefore despatched some people to Jos, through various Igbo groups to take inventory of Igbo involvement in the crisis.

He added that Ohanaeze will decide on what action to take on the matter once the inventory is made, adding that the Igbo should project a common cause, and not to act on individual basis in the new dispensation.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-205394.0.html

As we speak 1000s of Yoruba still reside in Jos.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by Nchara: 12:26am On Jan 20, 2012
Following the attack, many Yoruba women and children took refuge in Bukavu Barracks, NAF Base, Police Headquarters and divisional police stations. After receiving assurance of their safety and security from the state governor, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso and the state Commissioner of Police, most refugees returned home. Their return was short-lived as another violence broke-out the next day spreading to other outskirts and satellite towns like Rijiyar-Lemo, Kurna Asabe, Bachirawa. A big storied building known as Gidan Dan Buzu in Gwammaja quarters owned by a Kano Business man was completely razed down because Yoruba people occupied it.
For three days, Kano was held hostage by these rampaging youths. The Police reported 20 killed, while the media reported between 30 and 50 killed. Eyewitness and Hospital sources believe that [b]about 200 Yoruba people might have been killed in the crisis. [/b]Hundreds of people were injured while properties worth millions of Naira were destroyed.

http://hussainiabdu.info/mydocs/Ethno-religious%20Crisis%20in%20Northern%20Nigeria.pdf
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by NegroNtns(m): 12:28am On Jan 20, 2012
The best path is for all Igbos to relocate and find something to do like I enumerated in a previous thread

. . .hey commando bashr, Nchara got a real mission for you here.   Go and bring your suicidal brothers down by the busload. . . . dont leave them in jos this time, thats not your homeland. . . .go deposit them in umuahaia.   grin grin  you leave them in jos, the boko liaison office will just have more blood to use for sacrifice to their god up on the plateau.  

Im still waiting to hear where you want this $50 sent for the effort with your Yoruba story.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by Nchara: 12:29am On Jan 20, 2012
Igbos have a fair idea of how many Igbos have been killed in the North. This is because we care and make some ''noise'' about it. Yorubas do not know how many of their people have died because they simply don't care and live in denial while their people are being slaughtered.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by Jenifa1: 12:29am On Jan 20, 2012
what a stupid thread. are they held hostage?
besides, there isn't a tangible number of yorubas up there as there are igbos.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by Nchara: 12:32am On Jan 20, 2012
Jenifa_:

what a silly thread. are they held hostage?

Another self-denying, decrepit liar enters the stage.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by Jenifa1: 12:34am On Jan 20, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

Nchara. . .go and bring your suicidal brothers down by the busload.

they say the north is dangerous
violent and riotous
they say the people are blood-thirsty
angry and feisty

but for me, as a south easterner
the north will always be pleasanter
for me and my family
a tempestuous land of milk and honey

tomorrow I will be caught bare
but until then, let me remain here
just send my ashes home, son
to the land of the rising sun
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by NegroNtns(m): 12:34am On Jan 20, 2012
Shagamu Reprisal Attack
This is one of the first crises since the restoration of democracy in Nigeria. While the previous crisis could be associated with military authoritarianism and their manipulation of ethnic and religious identity to enhance their continue hold on to power, the transition to civil governance has not change the character of violence in the country.
On the 22nd of July 1999, Hausa youths consisting almajirai, Yan’daba and other unemployed and social miscreants launched a reprisal attack on Yoruba community in response to the three days mayhem that led to several deaths and displacements involving some Hausa and Yoruba in Sagamu, Ogun state.
The movement of displaced victims from Sagamu, particularly children and women many of whom had lost their bread- winners was what resulted to the crisis. The victims of Sagamu riot were transported in large trucks and off-loaded in Konar Gogau, between Fagge and Kofar Wambai. In retaliation hundreds of rampaging Youths trouped to the street razing down several houses and compounds. Many commercial drivers were forced to disembark Yoruba commuters for instant justice, properties worth millions of Naira were looted and many lives lost and injuries of varying degrees were sustained. Unlike the previous crises, Sabon Gari was not affected; instead it became a safe heaven for Yorubas who trooped in there for refuge.

when Hausa kill our people on their land, we kill their people on our land.  When we kill their people on our land, they kill our people on their land.  This is not news and yes, it happens!  When Hausa kill Ibo on their land. . . what do you do to them on your land?   You carry placard, led by MASSOB and get on the highway and protest. . .  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

hahahahaha. . . you come out in your wrapper round your waist and red cap on your head. . . .and protest.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by Nchara: 12:35am On Jan 20, 2012
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/405118.stm

1999 World: Africa
[b]notice the year[/b]

Yorubas flee Kano after fighting

Hundreds of Yoruba people are reported to be seeking transport out of the northern Nigerian city of Kano, which has been rocked by ethnic fighting since the weekend.

The BBC's Barnaby Phillips: Police admit they lack manpower
Thousands more Yorubas - who are an ethnic minority in the Hausa-dominated north - are said to be sheltering at police stations and military barracks in the city, fearing further attacks.

Police have announced that a police station was attacked during riots on Sunday night.

Press reports said many people had been killed in a stampede as those seeking shelter - most of them Yorubas - fled the attackers.

Police sources say at least 70 people have died in the recent conflict between Yorubas and Hausas - Nigeria's two largest ethnic groups.

The city is now reported to be calm, after troops were called out to help quell the fighting.

BBC Nigeria Correspondent Barnaby Phillips says the extent of the violence is clear in the northern suburbs of Kano, where many Yoruba-owned shops, houses and cars have been burnt and destroyed.

Hospitals are treating injured members of both ethnic groups. Some of the victims bear gruesome machete wounds.

The police have blamed the violence on what they call hooligans, driven more by the desire to loot than by ethnic hostility.

Regional dominance

Hausas are the largest community in Kano, northern Nigeria's largest city, while Yorubas dominate the south-west of the country.

But both regions contain substantial minorities.

Most Yorubas are Christian, while Hausas are mainly Muslim.

Tension between the Hausas and Yorubas has been high since fighting in the southern city of Sagamu 10 days ago, in which at least 50 people died.

After the fighting in Sagamu, which is in a predominantly Yoruba area, many Hausa people fled to Kano, adding to the tensions there.

Fighting broke out in Kano on Thursday, and flared up again on Sunday after Yorubas began venturing out of the police stations and barracks where they had sought refuge.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by emmke(m): 12:36am On Jan 20, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

. . .hey commando bashr, Nchara got a real mission for you here.   Go and bring your suicidal brothers down by the busload. . . . dont leave them in jos this time, thats not your homeland. . . .go deposit them in umuahaia.   grin grin  you leave them in jos, the boko liaison office will just have more blood to use for sacrifice to their god up on the plateau.  

Im still waiting to hear where you want this $50 sent for the effort with your Yoruba story.
bro, we still got quite a number of igbos and yorubas resident here in jos. U dont just leave jos like that. Tis addictive  wink
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by Nchara: 12:36am On Jan 20, 2012
Yoruba in Kano tasked on unity

| Print | E-mail

Written by Kola Oyelere Tuesday, 20 September 2011 Notice the year

THE life patron of Yoruba Association in Kano  State, Alhaji Ganiyu Akanbi Bello , has called on Yoruba residents in the state to be united and guard against any act capable of causing unnecessary political bickering among them

He also urged them not to forget their home town, as according to him,  there is no place like home, hence the need to save for the rainy days.

Making the assertion, while speaking with the Community News in Kano , Alhaji Bello, said whatever your differences, be it religion or tribe they should remember that they all belong to the Oduduwa family .

Bello, who admonished  them to be their brother’s keeper, said ‘’we are here in Kano today, nobody knows where Allah would take us tomorrow.’’

He, however, tasked them to always contribute their quota to the development of the society, saying wherever one finds him/herself, was to the knowledge of Almighty Allah.

Bello then called on the wealthy individuals among the Yoruba to use their wealth to assist their fellow human beings, saying this became imperative because God knows the reason He made them to be rich.

He also called on members of the National Assembly to look inward by addressing the economic hardship the people were  facing.

Bello, charged all elected lawmakers in the National Assembly to see themselves as one, irrespective of political affiliations, making sure the Yoruba were not relegated to the background.

‘’It behaves on them to make sure they lobby for the creation of another state from the present Oyo state, as its realisation would help in bringing government nearer to the people.

So after killing 100s of Yorubas in kano and others fled, the Yorubas still went back to the North?
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by Obiagu1(m): 12:37am On Jan 20, 2012
Jenifa_:

what a silly thread. are they held hostage?

Tell that to the dogs. I don't know about Kano because of Sabon Gari but Katsina, Kaduna, Bauchi, Azare etc I've been to, damn Yoruba could be more.
Igbos seem more visible because they have their shops but Yoruba are in markets, squalors, and living side by side with the Hausa, walahi they are more.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by NegroNtns(m): 12:38am On Jan 20, 2012
This is because we care and make some ''noise'' about it. Yorubas do not know how many of their people have died because they simply don't care

. . .yes, you sure do, placard carrying mofos!!   Yorubas dont need to know the number.  We just need to hear there has been Yoruba blood spilled. . . thats all we need, fvck the numbers!   smiley
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by ziga: 12:38am On Jan 20, 2012
Nchara:

Igbos have a fair idea of how many Igbos have been killed in the North. This is because we care and make some ''noise'' about it. Yorubas do not know how many of their people have died because they simply don't care and live in denial while their people are being slaughtered.

You sure do make "some noise" about a lot of things on Nairaland.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by Jenifa1: 12:41am On Jan 20, 2012
haha

ziga:

You sure do make "some noise" about a lot of things on Nairaland.

don't mind him.
maybe boko haram murdered some of his relatives.
so he has decided to take his misplaced frustration out on yorubas.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Rescuing Their People From The North by NegroNtns(m): 12:41am On Jan 20, 2012
Another self-denying, decrepit liar enters the stage

Nchara. . .you are so blinded by your rage that you took aim and shot your own sister.   hhmm. . .poor Jenifa!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

In Search Of Progressive Leadership In Lagos State After Sir Governor Fashola... / Buhari Ordered Me To Dismiss 48 Errant Cadets In NDA,32 Of Them Muslims-Gen Paul / Why Atiku, Tambuwal, Saraki, Others Must Sign Undertaking – PDP...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.