Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,312 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

Young Persons Living Abroad - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Young Persons Living Abroad (3319 Views)

Impact Of Sexual Abuse On Young Persons / Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives / Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Persons Living Abroad by debosky(m): 2:55pm On Jan 21, 2012
I had a funny experience a few years ago. I was driving home from work one day and my rear license plate was falling off so I removed it and put it in the car. One white policeman (on his own) spotted me at an intersection then followed me for like 10 minutes till I reached a quite area then he stopped me. I explained what happened to him so he went back to his car to call base to confirm my details. The guy wasn't tall and looked fresh out of the academy. grin

While he was waiting for info he stood very far away from me and never turned his back on me, just in case I was packing and shot him in the back. grin The area was predominantly white  so the guy wasn't sure if this 6' 2'' black man was going to manhandle him. grin
Re: Young Persons Living Abroad by horny4u(f): 9:15pm On Jan 21, 2012
Having to drive 45 min every week to get okra and elubo and the elubo is not even yam , its cassava flour.

Not being able to totally feel my correct sony speakers as the other houses in street seem hardly lived in.

Not being able to greet my friends with the phrase e wo lo se as they do not understand it.

Having said all this i am grateful and lucky
Re: Young Persons Living Abroad by maclatunji: 9:29am On Jan 22, 2012
Funny tales from yonder grin
Re: Young Persons Living Abroad by horny4u(f): 12:30pm On Jan 22, 2012
debosky:

I had a funny experience a few years ago. I was driving home from work one day and my rear license plate was falling off so I removed it and put it in the car. One white policeman (on his own) spotted me at an intersection then followed me for like 10 minutes till I reached a quite area then he stopped me. I explained what happened to him so he went back to his car to call base to confirm my details. The guy wasn't tall and looked fresh out of the academy. grin

While he was waiting for info he stood very far away from me and never turned his back on me, just in case I was packing and shot him in the back. grin The area was predominantly white  so the guy wasn't sure if this 6' 2'' black man was going to manhandle him. grin

hummm are you 6.2",
Tall is sexy.
Re: Young Persons Living Abroad by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 22, 2012
^^^ok please take your eyes off debo. I can be nice but when a woman looks at my debosky the way you are looking at him now, I play not fair angry
Re: Young Persons Living Abroad by horny4u(f): 12:45pm On Jan 22, 2012
jennykadry:

^^^ok please take your eyes off debo. I can be nice but when a woman looks at my debosky the way you are looking at him now, I play not fair angry

grin grin grin grin grin grin I could not help myself, Tall and strong is my weak point grin grin grin grin pardon me, will soon be done with him.
Re: Young Persons Living Abroad by Jenifa1: 5:17am On Jan 24, 2012
@claremont,

since you are into the fitness business. can you give me advice on how to get my stomach flat? grin

@outstrip

my neighborhood is actually very ethnically diverse which I love. just that only white people go running around here. wish more black people did then I wouldn't feel conscious about going. lol
Re: Young Persons Living Abroad by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 15, 2012
To the Poster all I can say Dear is hold your head high!Dont let Racist Farks Phase you!..ok they may not be racist but hell that would bother me too!I'm from New Zealand was born n bred here..and I am of Polynesian Descent..New Zealand is very Multi Cultural and Diverse.In saying that depending on the area you live in you do get those googling eyes staring at ya!I am Fair looking and in Naija most would consider me "White"(my Husband is Nigerian)but here in New Zealand you can tell im an island Girl(From the pacific islands) and trust me i know how you feel!I would go shopping in Parnell in Auckland and majority that shop there are predominately whites..Got alot of stares and hostile "attitude" from the stuckup white "Retail Rep"!And ya know im Proud to be an island girl!Nz born at that!I ended up filing a complaint against her "poor Customer Service skills and Crap attitude!..Seriously the Nerve of such People!Smh!When you know your Rights they cant fark with you!Keep yo head up <3
Re: Young Persons Living Abroad by GboyegaD(m): 6:52am On May 16, 2012
martyns303: am a piloting student in SA, in kimberley. if you know anything about SA, then u will know that blacks here dont do very well. the resturant i go to is usually filled with whites only, the only very very few blacks are helps to the whites, me and my friend seem to be the odd ones, everyone start staring at us when we walk in, its very unconfortable. they literally look at us and will be whispering within themselfs till we leave, its the closest resturant, i have to think twice and lazy up and down befor going there when am totally hungry. most other things i do seem to defy the social norm here, sumtims i go 2 d gym and am d only black guy, except i go with a white friend, else its only me doing my thing.

One of the major challenges I think I have is that I feel the American kid gossips and unfortunately, some blacks because they want recognition usually join them in the gossip. Nevertheless, an antidote I have for them is focus on what you are doing and once in a while when you hear what they are discussing particularly about you, pretend as though you never heard. Mind you, beware of the blacks as well.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Faceless Islamic Doll For Children Launched In Britain / Nigerian Pastor In The UK Says missionary Is The Only Holy Sexual Act / My Ex Collected Money From Me To Celebrate Her Hubby's Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.