Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Guys, Do You Find It Offensive When Your Woman Tell You She Doesn't Need You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys, Do You Find It Offensive When Your Woman Tell You She Doesn't Need You? (3229 Views)

8 Things Guys Do That Make Ladies To Loose Respect For Them / 10 Statements Non Virgin Ladies Normally Find Offensive / Can A Woman Tell If A Man Is Falling In Love With Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys, Do You Find It Offensive When Your Woman Tell You She Doesn't Need You? by MrsChima1(f): 4:40am On Jan 20, 2012
Guys, do you find it offensive when your woman tell you she doesn't need you? How about if she tell you that she doesn't need you to take care of her anymore? Would you jump for joy or cry?

There is a show in America, Divorce Court that features married couples seeking divorce and going through a divorce mediation via television. An American male wanted to divorce his wife after three and half years because he said his Russian immigrant wife is "too independent". The wife said she worked hard to obtain her nursing degree and wants to contribute to the household by working. The husband said his wife should be at home tending to the children and house and let him be the man of the house.

The wife responded saying her husband shouldn't have let her waste time in school and didn't go to school just to be a housewife. The husband said the main reason he chose a wife outside of America is because women are too independent and smart. The woman said she doesn't need her husband to take care of her and that she can make her own money now.

Divorce Court has a facebook account where many fans respond to cases daily. According to the men on Facebook, the woman took advantage of the man and when she got what she needed she wanted to leave. The woman didn't file for divorce, the husband did. His reasons were the wife is too educated and independent.

Would you divorce your wife because she tells you she doesn't need you?
Would you break up with your girlfriend because she tells you she doesn't need you?
Re: Guys, Do You Find It Offensive When Your Woman Tell You She Doesn't Need You? by xynerise: 6:35am On Jan 20, 2012
Hmmm undecided. If she say she doesnt need me anymore then we will visit pastor chris cos that will be a spiritual problem.
Re: Guys, Do You Find It Offensive When Your Woman Tell You She Doesn't Need You? by MrsChima1(f): 6:51am On Jan 20, 2012
What would a visit to Chris will change? Will it change the fact she feels she doesn't need you?
Re: Guys, Do You Find It Offensive When Your Woman Tell You She Doesn't Need You? by Tosinville(m): 7:18am On Jan 20, 2012
Re: Guys, Do You Find It Offensive When Your Woman Tell You She Doesn't Need You? by Nobody: 7:18am On Jan 20, 2012
The context in the Thread's question is very different from the Op's context according to the story.
In the OP's story, the man is just dumb plain and simple. Dumb hates smart cuz dumb can't "control" smart.

As to the context of the thread's question: GOOD!!! She should be with me because she WANTS to, and not because she NEEDS to. This is great because she doesn't have to hang around leeching my money etc if she's really not that into me.
Re: Guys, Do You Find It Offensive When Your Woman Tell You She Doesn't Need You? by Tosinville(m): 7:29am On Jan 20, 2012
^^Sure man, the man is just dumb, what else does he want from her again since she's not cheating on him or something.
Re: Guys, Do You Find It Offensive When Your Woman Tell You She Doesn't Need You? by Mynd44: 7:55am On Jan 20, 2012
I will be happy ooooo
Re: Guys, Do You Find It Offensive When Your Woman Tell You She Doesn't Need You? by jackpot(f): 8:07am On Jan 20, 2012
finally, na she go lose
Re: Guys, Do You Find It Offensive When Your Woman Tell You She Doesn't Need You? by freecocoa(f): 8:17am On Jan 20, 2012
jackpot:

finally, na she go lose
How is that?

@Topic,that man doesn't know what his problem is.
Re: Guys, Do You Find It Offensive When Your Woman Tell You She Doesn't Need You? by Nobody: 8:18am On Jan 20, 2012
The woman said she doesn't need her husband to take care of her and that she can make her own money now.
I dont support the man's actions on divorce, 100% but only a very ungrateful woman would make the comment i emboldened! So because you can make your own money "now", you dont need your husband? WTF!

That is very offensive! I mean, she should have looked for other words rather than "I dont need you anymore?" Seriously?
Re: Guys, Do You Find It Offensive When Your Woman Tell You She Doesn't Need You? by Tosinville(m): 9:11am On Jan 20, 2012
Just wondering can this happen with any Nigerian woman?¿¿ that gon' be in the next life.
Re: Guys, Do You Find It Offensive When Your Woman Tell You She Doesn't Need You? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 20, 2012
Because she has a good job and is making her money, she's "too independent?" It's not like she's working for herself, she's taking care of their family. Seems like he's just very insecure and threatened by her "independence."
Re: Guys, Do You Find It Offensive When Your Woman Tell You She Doesn't Need You? by MrCork17: 4:10pm On Jan 20, 2012
Yield . Sweeery was your number? wink
Re: Guys, Do You Find It Offensive When Your Woman Tell You She Doesn't Need You? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 20, 2012
Yield:

Because she has a good job and is making her money, she's "too independent?" It's not like she's working for herself, she's taking care of their family. Seems like he's just very insecure and threatened by her "independence."
Smh!
Re: Guys, Do You Find It Offensive When Your Woman Tell You She Doesn't Need You? by MrsChima1(f): 4:22pm On Jan 20, 2012
2buff:

The context in the Thread's question is very different from the Op's context according to the story.
In the OP's story, the man is just dumb plain and simple. Dumb hates smart cuz dumb can't "control" smart.

As to the context of the thread's question: GOOD!!! She should be with me because she WANTS to, and not because she NEEDS to. This is great because she doesn't have to hang around leeching my money etc if she's really not that into me.

I can understand your point on wants versus needs. I agree the man is dumb because the woman never said she wanted to leave him. She said she wanted to help out in the household because she feel they can achieve better things with two incomes versus one income.

Economy is rough everywhere and women are forced to join the workforce to help their husbands/boyfriends. I can understand how the husband want her to remain at home because of the children but if they are struggling financially and the woman is able to help out, I don't see the issue.

I agree that a woman or man should want to be with someone not depend on them for survival realizing that not everyone depend on the MOST HIGH so they have to depend on humans to make it through unfortunately.

If I was a woman that isn't American, I would find it offensive that he thinks non-American women are docile, dependent, and uneducated. I have met several non-American women who were more vocal about independent than American women.

My question is this, did he married her because he loves her or because he thought he could mold her into a stepford wife?
Re: Guys, Do You Find It Offensive When Your Woman Tell You She Doesn't Need You? by MrCork17: 4:24pm On Jan 20, 2012
A woman tells me that and she gets back hand slap. Period! angry
Re: Guys, Do You Find It Offensive When Your Woman Tell You She Doesn't Need You? by MrsChima1(f): 4:26pm On Jan 20, 2012
sexkillz:

I dont support the man's actions on divorce, 100% but only a very ungrateful woman would make the comment i emboldened! So because you can make your own money "now", you dont need your husband? WTF!

That is very offensive! I mean, she should have looked for other words rather than "I dont need you anymore?" Seriously?

How is she ungrateful?  She didn't want to divorce her husband and she stated that she didn't need him to take care of her because she can now contribute to the household.  It would be different if she said I don't need you to take care of me and I want a divorce now.  

Which one is worse?  

Does it make you feel unappreciated if your wife tells you I don't need you to take care of me?  Do you think it is cultural for you or it is a man's thing?
Re: Guys, Do You Find It Offensive When Your Woman Tell You She Doesn't Need You? by MrsChima1(f): 4:27pm On Jan 20, 2012
Mr, Cork:

A woman tells me that and she gets back hand slap. Period! angry

A woman telling you she doesn't need you should be a blessing TO YOU seeing you don't have two kobos to rub together and punny. wink
Re: Guys, Do You Find It Offensive When Your Woman Tell You She Doesn't Need You? by Pennywise(m): 4:33pm On Jan 20, 2012
I am surprised u have men like that in America! Are u sure he is not a Nigerian?
Re: Guys, Do You Find It Offensive When Your Woman Tell You She Doesn't Need You? by MrsChima1(f): 4:34pm On Jan 20, 2012
Yield:

In many cases, money equate independence in most relationships and often time traditional men prefers their women to stay at home and take care of the children while Modern men will not feel threatened their wives are earning higher salaries than them because they know they will benefit from it.  It also depends on the type of woman she is in the long run because money itself isn't the issue it is the association with money that is the issue.  

Some men have insecurities about their women making money and out there with the big dogs while they are at home or with the little dogs.  

Women in the West are taking control of  many corporate positions and earning high salaries depending on the company because some companies are sexist when it come to women employees however many women are in the workforce and juggling many role strains.  

You have some women that are doctors, mothers, and wives for many years mainly because they have husbands that aren't insecure nor concern with societal expectation of men.  

It is a double standard that exist even today when it shouldn't be an issue.  If you have a decent woman that isn't caught up with I have money and I will run you then you need to assess your future however money itself should destroy a relationship.  

A woman can still be a wife, mother, and bring home the money.  Many women with or without husbands have done it for CENTURIES.  This is nothing new folks.
Re: Guys, Do You Find It Offensive When Your Woman Tell You She Doesn't Need You? by MrsChima1(f): 4:35pm On Jan 20, 2012
Pennywise:

I am surprised u have men like that in America! Are u sure he is not a Nigerian?

No. He is an old white man with a bad speech impediment.  There are thousands of Traditional American men in America that have the cave man thinking that most men of the East have. lipsrsealed
Re: Guys, Do You Find It Offensive When Your Woman Tell You She Doesn't Need You? by Pennywise(m): 4:38pm On Jan 20, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

No. He is an old white man with a bad speech impediment. 
He will be better off coming here to live out what is left of his life. He is Nigerian at heart

Mrs, Chima:

There are thousands of Traditional American men in America that have the cave man thinking that most men of the East have. lipsrsealed

This is not cave man thinking. Entirely cultural
Re: Guys, Do You Find It Offensive When Your Woman Tell You She Doesn't Need You? by MrsChima1(f): 4:41pm On Jan 20, 2012
Pennywise:

He will be better off coming here to live out what is left of his life. He is Nigerian at heart

Other African men doesn't share the same sentiments? undecided undecided

2buff is a Nigerian and he doesn't want a woman to need him but wants to be with him because of who he is and not what he can offer her.
Re: Guys, Do You Find It Offensive When Your Woman Tell You She Doesn't Need You? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 20, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

How is she ungrateful?  She didn't want to divorce her husband and she stated that she didn't need him to take care of her because she can now contribute to the household.  It would be different if she said I don't need you to take care of me and I want a divorce now.

She doesnt need him to take care of her, and she wants to contribute to the household! Those 2 statements are conflicting! So if i should go with the first one, the man should forget about paying her bills completely? Can she effectively run the household, without the man? I dont know what's with most women and this independence nonsense! It's like they've completely lost the meaning of that word, and thinks it means Men should put up with all manner of bullshit!. . . Utter Nonsense!

What of all those years when she was still in school and not "independent?" Did her husband not take care of her? Did she complain? Are the kids complaining? Is the husband complaining that the load is too much for him to bear?
The woman is wrong! Pomp and plain!
Re: Guys, Do You Find It Offensive When Your Woman Tell You She Doesn't Need You? by Pennywise(m): 4:45pm On Jan 20, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

Other African men doesn't share the same sentiments? undecided undecided

2buff is a Nigerian and he doesn't want a woman to need him but wants to be with him because of who he is and not what he can offer her.
2buff is a bad example
Re: Guys, Do You Find It Offensive When Your Woman Tell You She Doesn't Need You? by MrsChima1(f): 4:50pm On Jan 20, 2012
Pennywise:

2buff is a bad example

Give me some examples of "Nigerian man at heart" since 2buff is a bad example.
Re: Guys, Do You Find It Offensive When Your Woman Tell You She Doesn't Need You? by MrsChima1(f): 4:54pm On Jan 20, 2012
sexkillz:

She doesnt need him to take care of her, and she wants to contribute to the household! Those 2 statements are conflicting! So if i should go with the first one, the man should forget about paying her bills completely? Can she effectively run the household, without the man? I dont know what's with most women and this independence nonsense! It's like they've completely lost the meaning of that word, and thinks it means Men should put up with all manner of bullshit!. . . Utter Nonsense!

What of all those years when she was still in school and not "independent?" Did her husband not take care of her? Did she complain? Are the kids complaining? Is the husband complaining that the load is too much for him to bear?
The woman is wrong! Pomp and plain!

So the woman is wrong because she wants to contribute to the household and not be a housewife even if her husband supported her while she was in school? Gotcha.

(looking like Ice Cube on the movie Friday when he saw a fat woman getting out of the car)
Re: Guys, Do You Find It Offensive When Your Woman Tell You She Doesn't Need You? by Pennywise(m): 4:56pm On Jan 20, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

Give me some examples of "Nigerian man at heart" since 2buff is a bad example. 

He he he he he Lol
Re: Guys, Do You Find It Offensive When Your Woman Tell You She Doesn't Need You? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 20, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

So the woman is wrong because she wants to contribute to the household and not be a housewife even if her husband supported her while she was in school?  Gotcha. 

(looking like Ice Cube on the movie Friday when he saw a fat woman getting out of the car)
Did she or did she not know that she was leaving Russia for the US, to become a housewife? What was the agreement with the man before they got married? That's what you "should" concentrate on!
All i see is a woman reneging on an agreement, but using the "independent" Crap to cover her tracks. . . And the ladies are buying it!
Re: Guys, Do You Find It Offensive When Your Woman Tell You She Doesn't Need You? by tavon(m): 5:42pm On Jan 20, 2012
Now that's what I call a real woman. Someone who looks at the state of things, is not happy and makes things happen for herself. This is 2012. It is only barbaric old school men that would be looking for a housewife to assume the role of baby factory machine. If only African women can learn a thing or two from this
Re: Guys, Do You Find It Offensive When Your Woman Tell You She Doesn't Need You? by Mynd44: 9:16pm On Jan 20, 2012
If she says she does not need me again, I will be bothered not because I am insecure but with the tone. But I guess with time I will learn to live with it and with all the extra change I will have saved from her montly upkeep. Hope the independence also includes the money I give her parents and her siblings, the chrismas chicken or Sallah ram I buy for her family every Sallah and the Cow they want me to buy for her father's burial ooooo
Re: Guys, Do You Find It Offensive When Your Woman Tell You She Doesn't Need You? by Jay5000(m): 11:15am On Jan 21, 2012
grin Not in 9ja. Here, even ifa 9ja woman makes a fortune, she'll keep it to herself and be quick to remind you that it's your responsibility to provide for the family. The only time the money comes out is when they need to spoil themselves or the kids (not you). This guy should be happy he has a wife like this.

(1) (Reply)

Some Funny Ironies Of Life / If You Can Believe This, You Can Believe Anything. / You Buy Her Panties And Another Guy Removes It....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.