Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights (55955 Views)

Graphic Photos Of Some Victims Of Maiduguri Multiple Bomb Blast / BREAKING News! Kano Under Boko Haram Attack, 4 Killed / Breaking News: Kano Under Attack Again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by BIGERBOY1: 9:08pm On Jan 20, 2012
Akwasi:

I don't know if you guys realize but this is really getting closer to the South

BROSS U JUST SAID MY MIND! That's why I said this neither northern or southern issue now both are casualties. BUT WE CAN CONTINUE PLAYING THE BLAME GAME WHILE THE CANCER SPREADS LIKE WILD FIRE.

I REPEAT WE HAVE A FAILED GOVERNMENT. AND BADLUCK ON TOP OF IT.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 20, 2012
In Sabo-Kano now and don't know where to take my family to. We have locked ourselves indoor.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by TruthTella(m): 9:09pm On Jan 20, 2012
benzion72:

Why are Northern mad since they loose power to the south. At lease they have being ruling since independence. And Nigeria has nothing to show for it even their own North is an empty desert. I think Islamic cleric need to come out and condem killing in its strongest term in their preaching and stop teaching of islam of an heaven of bliss for whoever kill in the name of Allah
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by LagosShia: 9:10pm On Jan 20, 2012
these attacks are to be seen as a reply to the solidarity visit of Muslims in Kano to churches in Kano.it is now more than ever obvious that boko haram and whoever is behind them (possibly foreign sponsors and colonialist slave-masters) are hell-bent to divide the country and separate people.what is disturbing is the fact that boko haram is killing Muslims while southern fanatics are blaming Muslims and calling for the country to be divided,which is boko haram's objective.so please people,exercise sense of responsibility when commenting and blaming anyone.i pray Almighty Allah give the people and the victims strength and tranquility to face the disaster and defeat it and the criminals.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Earthwide: 9:11pm On Jan 20, 2012
It just started
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Odunnu: 9:13pm On Jan 20, 2012
binhozie:

This is probably true because the person on tv now presenting their news is wearing a black armband
Very sad and heroic of him
The reporter has been named. Enenche Okwumgu. May his soul rest in peace! What a loss
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by aljharem(m): 9:14pm On Jan 20, 2012
LagosShia:

[size=14pt]these attacks are to be seen as a reply to the solidarity visit of Muslims in Kano to churches in Kano.it is now more than ever obvious that boko haram and whoever is behind them (possibly foreign sponsors and colonialist slave-masters) are hell-bent to divide the country and separate people.what is disturbing is the fact that boko haram is killing Muslims while southern fanatics are blaming Muslims and calling for the country to be divided,which is boko haram's objective.so please people,exercise sense of responsibility when commenting and blaming anyone.i pray Almighty Allah give the people and the victims strength and tranquility to face the disaster and defeat it and the criminals.[/size]

gbammmm, well said
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by deadie(m): 9:17pm On Jan 20, 2012
Igbos should come home. Boko Haram keep exploding bombs in the North. The less of you filths that remain the better.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 20, 2012
LagosShia:

these attacks are to be seen as a reply to the solidarity visit of Muslims in Kano to churches in Kano.it is now more than ever obvious that boko haram and whoever is behind them (possibly foreign sponsors and colonialist slave-masters) are hell-bent to divide the country and separate people.what is disturbing is the fact that boko haram is killing Muslims while southern fanatics are blaming Muslims and calling for the country to be divided,which is boko haram's objective.so please people,exercise sense of responsibility when commenting and blaming anyone.i pray Almighty Allah give the people and the victims strength and tranquility to face the disaster and defeat it and the criminals.

Oh yeah , it's the west again, grin grin grin
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by sheyguy: 9:20pm On Jan 20, 2012
BIGER BOY:

Why are you making such shallow myopic and lack of depth statement? I gues it is the prevalence of the such mindsets as yours that allow BH to foster.

Wasn't obasanjo from the south why didn't such rubbish reign in his time?

Haba must we take every unfortunate event to promote your bigoted point of view.

Tell me are there no northern casualties in today's attack?

Mehn! It's annoying dealing with such kid minds
Bros step up and act like ur user name, Obj was from south but did not break any agreement with the "wild North", living in Denial because 'our' brother is there wont do u and i any good.
benzion72:

Why are Northern mad since they loose power to the south. At lease they have being ruling since independence. And Nigeria has nothing to show for it even their own North is an empty desert. I think Islamic cleric need to come out and condem killing in its strongest term in their preaching and stop teaching of islam of an heaven of bliss for whoever kill in the name of Allah
it is not by who has ruled for how long, it is about Gej breaking a gentleman's agreement with the north, a turn-by-turn power sharing one every eight years.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 20, 2012
Everywhere is calm now. Soldiers in the streets. Stopping and searching.

We will begin to count the dead as things unfolds by morning.

Shalom cool.

Let me tell you people the bitter truth. President Jonathan made a big mistake of removing subsidy on January first instead of focusing on Security. Human lives is worth more than anything. Very MISPLACED priority. I warned about this on Nairaland here.

Expect mass exodus in days to come. I will even spread the message amongst our people here. Those who have ears, let them hear. If you have relatives or friends, start telling them NOW. Although it would be hard for them, since Kano provides jobs and business for millions. What can a man do? Your life is more precious and as far as there is life, There is Hope. The heart of Northern Nigeria has finally been hit.

If no CONCRETE action is taken by the authorities, clerics and other important VIP's like Emir's and the Kano natives, expect Northern Nigeria to be like Somalia and the possible breakup of Nigeria.

@Odunnu

Shagari qtrs should be safe. Where the attacks took place where in mostly official places and residence. And not in residential areas where average and poor folks live. However, we are yet to confirm as events unfold.

May the lord be with us cool.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by seenoevil1: 9:22pm On Jan 20, 2012
Akwasi:

How did you guys allow it to get this bad?

My brother in 1966 we tried to do the right thing but some Nigerians failed to look into the future and today sadly most people are reaping the dividends .

Akwasi:

I don't know if you guys realize but this is really getting closer to the South

Hmmm thank heavens you noticed the "trend" is moving down south but as usual Nigerians would remain delusional and hope everything fixes it self in this hell hole called Nigeria . Whats the point in preserving a piece of meat (Nigeria) thats totally decayed with flies and maggots all over it ?
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by ifunayalov(f): 9:23pm On Jan 20, 2012
Could this spate of bombing be related to the below thread?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-827907.0.html
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by mpmp: 9:24pm On Jan 20, 2012
Yes O, I just saw the news on BBC.

They said it was 7 explosions in several parts of Kano, mainly tagetting police stations.

Also, they showed a BBC reporter in Kaduna(an oyinbo man) speaking to one of the terrorists on the phone. Exactly who it was the BBC guy was speaking to, I dont know, but the guy at the other end of the line spoke English very well, its hard to imagine that it was a Mallam.

The bokoguy mentioned that the Madalla bombings was a retaliation to Muslims that were killed in Jos last year.

They also showed the Emir of Kano granting an interview to the BBC correspondent.

Wahala dey o.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by LagosShia: 9:24pm On Jan 20, 2012
frosbel:

Oh yeah , it's the west again, grin grin grin

[size=14pt]according to a western journalist who means well for Nigeria:[/size]

[size=18pt]"Nigeria: Targeted for Destruction"[/size]

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/11/14/nigeria-targeted-for-destruction/
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by hbrednic: 9:24pm On Jan 20, 2012
deadie:

Igbos should come home. Boko Haram keep exploding bombs in the North. The less of you filths that remain the better.
bros easy,every life is precious,some innocent people are caught in this mess.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nyntynplus: 9:25pm On Jan 20, 2012
frosbel:

Oh yeah , it's the west again,  grin grin grin

Plain Truth!
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Ninapha(f): 9:27pm On Jan 20, 2012
Northners are bad loosers. Soon even birds from d south wont fly to d north. Where are d almighty leaders? i tot they claim they listen to their learders.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by seenoevil1: 9:29pm On Jan 20, 2012
sheyguy:

Bros step up and act like ur user name, Obj was from south but did not break any agreement with the "wild North", living in Denial because 'our' brother is there wont do u and i any good.it is not by who has ruled for how long, it is about Gej breaking a gentleman's agreement with the north, a turn-by-turn power sharing one every eight years.

You are a stupid nincompoop . What gentle man agreement is more than the VOTE of the populace and the Nigerian people? Are you insinuating that  behind the scene "GENTLEMAN" agreement is what we should abide by in this country and not elections ?. So are you justifying the killings and mass bombings that has been going on since 2011/2012 ? You are a big f00l and you should do a paternity test as i believe a gorilla was the one that humped yo mama ,  no offense . but you sound like a gorilla behind a PC
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by prodam(m): 9:30pm On Jan 20, 2012
/*This program snippet depicts the possible problem that might be causing problem of explosions in Nigeria alongside its solution*/

String getSolution(problemnature a){
if(a==leadership) return "solution is vote for change in the next election"

else if(a==north vs south) return "solution is splitting Nigeria"
   else return "Hand over to God"
}
**May God Intervene** Amen
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by auwal87(m): 9:30pm On Jan 20, 2012
Kano is last hit for boko haram or whatever name they call themselves.
I am sure they will not go any further from Kano, else, Nigeria is, honestly, dead!

undecided
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by OAM4J: 9:32pm On Jan 20, 2012
BREAKING NEWS: Boko haram claims responsibility for Kano attacks

The Jama’atu Ahlis Sunnati Lidda’awati Wal Jihad, known popularly as the 'boko haram', have claimed responsibility for the multiple attacks on formations of security agencies across Kano state.

Speaking by phone, the group claimed that the attacks were in response to the refusal of the Kano state government to release some of their members who had been arrested in the state.

They said they were forced to resort to the attacks after an open letter they had sent late in 2011 to the Governor of Kano state, Mal. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso; the Dan Masanin Kano, Alhaji Yusuf Maitama Sule and the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero had gone unheeded.

Daily Trust earlier confirmed that the attack at the Zone 1 Police headquarters was carried out by a suicide bomber driving a Honda Civic.

The bomber had succeeded in breaking through the gates of the building and rammed the car into the wall of a vocational centre in which wives of Police officer learn sewing.

The building is adjacent to the office of the Assistant Inspector General of Police in charge of Zone 1. It was completely destroyed. According to one of the victims, he saw at least 3 dead bodies lying around.

At least 30 others suffering from varying degrees of injuries have been taken to different hospitals across the state. The whole area has been cordoned off.

Gunmen also stormed the headquarters of the State Police Command in Bompai and engaged the policemen there in a drawn out gun duel. Casualty figures are not yet known.

A second blast is said to have gone off at the SSS headquarters after a first blast caused the security agents to cordon off the immediate vicinity of their office.

There have also been reports of an explosion at a motor park along New Road in Sabon Gari area and another Police station at Yar'akwa along Zaria road.
This adds to the number of explosions and gun attacks which have been rocking the city this evening.

Earlier Daily Trust had reported the attacks on the Immigrations office at Farm Centre and the first and second explosions at the SSS headquarters along Sardauna Crescent.

Casualty figures from these sites are not yet known.

At the SSS headquarters, it is claimed that one of the attackers was killed and a second arrested in an earlier attack.

Other sources report more explosions and our reporters on the ground are compiling all confirmed locations.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=152834:breaking-news-bok-haram-claims-responsibility-for-kano-attacks&catid=2:lead-stories&Itemid=8
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Nabilah: 9:33pm On Jan 20, 2012
So much chaos. May Allah help us.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by jason123: 9:34pm On Jan 20, 2012
Olodostein:

Everywhere is calm now. Soldiers in the streets. Stopping and searching.

We will begin to count the dead as things unfolds by morning.

Shalom cool.

Let me tell you people the bitter truth. President Jonathan made a big mistake of removing subsidy on January first instead of focusing on Security. Human lives is worth more than anything. Very MISPLACED priority. I warned about this on Nairaland here.

Expect mass exodus in days to come. I will even spread the message amongst our people here. Those who have ears, let them hear. If you have relatives or friends, start telling them NOW. Although it would be hard for them, since Kano provides jobs and business for millions. What can a man do? Your life is more precious and as far as there is life, There is Hope. The heart of Northern Nigeria has finally been hit.

If no CONCRETE action is taken by the authorities, clerics and other important VIP's like Emir's and the Kano natives, expect Northern Nigeria to be like Somalia and the possible breakup of Nigeria.

@Odunnu

Shagari qtrs should be safe. Where the attacks took place where in mostly official places and residence. And not in residential areas where average and poor folks live. However, we are yet to confirm as events unfold.

May the lord be with us cool.

You just said the TRUTH my brother! GEJ has very bad advisers. Instead of creating unnecessary tension in the country by subsidy removal n dividing the south by sending soldiers to Lagos, he should have sorted out boko haram first!
he himself confirmed that there are BH members in his cabinet. The funny thing is that he, Jonathan, still gets advise from them. Smh
GEJ should be very careful. May God guide him
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Abrantie: 9:35pm On Jan 20, 2012
Question: Which country in Africa was the first to adopt suicide bombings?

A) Somalia
B) Rwanda
C) Mozambique
D) Uganda
E) Nigeria
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Ayoolu12: 9:37pm On Jan 20, 2012
I feel sympathy for the innocent victims of these madmen. I pray that this rubbish doesn't come down south, especially SW because that would make it an all-out war, and truly be the endof this country.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by sheyguy: 9:40pm On Jan 20, 2012
see*noevil:

You are a silly nincompoop . What gentle man agreement is more than the VOTE of the populace and the Nigerian people? Are you insinuating that  behind the scene "GENTLEMAN" agreement is what we should abide by in this country and not elections ?. So are you justifying the killings and mass bombings that has been going on since 2011/2012 ? You are a big f00l and you should do a paternity test as i believe a gorilla was the one that humped yo mama ,  no offense . but you sound like a gorilla behind a PC

i wont go in the insult directiön for the sake of serious thread.

GEJ was bounded by the agreement as a member of PDP. He broke the agreement and "agreements r supposed to be honoured. I will strongly suggest he approaches his real enemies for dialoque or decentralise the security/defence agency from the stronghold of the North.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by lakesider(m): 9:41pm On Jan 20, 2012
GEJ is a member of boko haram,if not he would av taking a lest little bold step.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by Emekamex(m): 9:41pm On Jan 20, 2012
Jonathan wake up and act fast, forget about fuel subsidy 4 now. I dont get how you plan to dvp this country when their is serious tension in the north.
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by studyineu: 9:42pm On Jan 20, 2012
When this things are happening let sit down and listen clearly to our selve and you will hear the spirit of God wisper to you END TIME. Am not surprised again cause from de way things are happening this days and from wot is Going on in the USA abt dem trying to enthrone an antichrist dis year now they want to limit information sharing so that no one would be able to share informations with other people by using this their Sopa and Pipa laws. Brodas let's lead a clean and holy life and may the strength of God be with us all
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by maclatunji: 9:44pm On Jan 20, 2012
The only things worse than Boko Haram attacks are the government's laughable/pathetic reactions to them and the comments, hate-propaganda of tribalists and religious bigots who would rather see evil prevail so that they can further their myopic agenda.

GEJ keep lying to yourself that all of this is not your fault, you hear. Imagine, terrorists now have more organisational acumen than our government. It should not surprise us, people who cannot count as proven by the House of Representatives' Ad Hoc Committee's investigation into fuel subsidy cannot be expected to be strategic in security management.

Please, take care tomorrow if you live in Lagos, protesters and police/military look set to clash!
Re: Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights by ismhab(m): 9:45pm On Jan 20, 2012
Abrantie:

Question: Which country in Africa was the first to adopt suicide bombings?

A) Somalia
B) Rwanda
C) Mozambique
D) Uganda
E) Nigeria

The answer is E-Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY / Didi Ukpo, Buhari's Female Fan Changes Tune In One Year ( Photos ) / Keyamo Speaks On Relationship With Jerry Ikogho, Fraudster Nabbed By FBI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.