Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,007 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

I Will Set Myself Ablaze Tomorrow (sunday) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Set Myself Ablaze Tomorrow (sunday) (15633 Views)

Boko Haram Raids Borno Village Of Foodstuffs Then Sets It Ablaze / 10 Feared Dead, Houses Set Ablaze As Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attacks On Borno / Campaign Office Of PDP Candidate Set Ablaze In Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Set Myself Ablaze Tomorrow (sunday) by Abbott(m): 12:39pm On Jan 21, 2012
Thats is a brave thing to do scopusng.
However, before you go ahead read Prov 24:10,14. Even if you are toying with this idea or you have made up your mind, read the above passage then do the proper thing.
Re: I Will Set Myself Ablaze Tomorrow (sunday) by mikedore: 12:42pm On Jan 21, 2012
pls i dnt knw u but i want u to forget dat ur plan. Remba dat u re better dan some people, ur condition is nt d worst. Sm people are blind, sm crippled., sm ve food but fed tru a pipe in d hospital and so many odas. So gv thanks 2 God 4ur life, be patient u wil c God wil soon make u som1 important and u wil remba dis day and  smile. Snd me a personal mesage  let me see wat we can do 2geda mikefumnanya@yahoo.com
Re: I Will Set Myself Ablaze Tomorrow (sunday) by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 21, 2012
@OP, I hope this is not down to recent losses made on the forex trading platform.
From your public profile, I see you have quite an enterprising spirit; so how could the absence of employment within the formal sector have brought you to this point?
At 35 you are old enough to have had the benefit of a few knocks, surely.

What really is the problem, comrade?
Re: I Will Set Myself Ablaze Tomorrow (sunday) by Abbott(m): 12:46pm On Jan 21, 2012
For the love of God, scopusng, dont set yourself ablaze. Weeping may endure throughout the night but joy always, ALWAYS come in the morning. Remember Psalm 126, let God restore your fortunes and change your story.

Dont set yourself ablaze o!!!
Re: I Will Set Myself Ablaze Tomorrow (sunday) by VoodooDoll(m): 12:48pm On Jan 21, 2012
Scopusung

Do not kill yourself, the chances are even higher that soldiers will shoot you before you've even doused yourself.

What's the issue? Unemployment is temporary, death is permanent.
Re: I Will Set Myself Ablaze Tomorrow (sunday) by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 21, 2012
Jakumo:

Scopusang, PLEASE don't be in such hurry to carry out something as spectacular as self-immolation without first signing a publicity contract.   

What is the point of setting yourself on fire if the PURPOSE for that display is not stated beforehand ?  I cannot imagine that you would have the presence of mind to explain the reason for your having set yourself alight to observers at the scene, once the flames really take hold, which is why it is important that you record your intentions on film for posterity[b] prior [/b] to the event, to give your story that much-needed personal touch.

I envision a pre-sacrifice interview in which you are filmed expounding on the particular aspects of heaven that you find appealing enough to warrant your impatience to get there, followed by dramatic beach footage of you thundering through the churning surf astride a glistening white steed, silhouetted by the setting sun,  and with a sound-track of Grateful Dead songs setting the mood.  Gushing interviews with friends and unpaid creditors would flesh out your character further, as the momentum of the story picks up, propelling you inexorably to your chosen fiery fate, which MUST be properly filmed by several strategically placed high-definition digital video-cams, in order to create a polished final product that will generate good sales figures as a mini-epic chronicling your final days.

Finally you will be aware that in Nigeria, petty thieves are routinely burnt to death and left smoldering in the street by baying mobs, therefore,  given that the LAST thing you want would be for your mortal remains to be mis-identified as those of a lynched pick-pocket, it is IMPERATIVE that you respond to my appeal in this thread by confirming the issuance of your formal consent that I become your agent and publicist well in advance of your intended transition to immortality.   Call me NOW.
u are totally mad. Got me choking with laughter. @op, bad idea, is ur forex stuff not paying again? Dont do it.
Re: I Will Set Myself Ablaze Tomorrow (sunday) by NegroNtns(m): 12:52pm On Jan 21, 2012
@OP,

Why, what's going on brother?  Is there anything we can do to help keep you alive?
Re: I Will Set Myself Ablaze Tomorrow (sunday) by dapachez: 12:56pm On Jan 21, 2012
@ poster i beg you in the name of God that you dont do that which you have posted. Your life is precious and no matter what you are going through or have gone through just keep hope alive, God created you for a purpose please fufil that purpose. I was on the verge like you 7 years ago and am happy as i didnt kill myself thena cos am a happy now man. Think of your loved ones. God bless you amen
Re: I Will Set Myself Ablaze Tomorrow (sunday) by ollyruffy: 1:02pm On Jan 21, 2012
If you do this for Nigeria,

You die for nothing
Them go carry your body go police station
You die wrongfully.
Re: I Will Set Myself Ablaze Tomorrow (sunday) by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 21, 2012
Honestly, I cannot stand the replies of some of you here. How can you be so disgusting and heartless as to urging the OP on, to go kill himself?
It could be you in his shoes tomorrow and trust me, you would feel even more miserable and hopeless when someone tells you to go immolate yourself. You are only confirming the OP's fears by giving the impression that there is no hope for him. Haba!  Bunch of old fo-ols who cant give good advice. TWAA! (I spit on all of you telling the OP to go kill himself) RUBBISH!

Dear OP, please do not listen to the wicked people here telling you to go kill yourself okay? The future holds a good lot for you but how would you know if you end your life today? Unemployment you say? Be steadfast in your relationship with God and trust me, all other things would fall rightly in place.
Killing yourself would not achieve anything instead, you would condemn yourself to eternal doom by doing so.

You are in my prayers OP.
God bless you. :* smiley
Re: I Will Set Myself Ablaze Tomorrow (sunday) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 21, 2012
To those treating this topic with some kind of levity, please consider the following the insights.

Socio-economic factors such as unemployment, poverty, homelessness, and discrimination may trigger suicidal thoughts. Poverty may not be a direct cause, but it can increase the risk of suicide, as impoverished individuals are a major risk group for depression. A history of childhood physical or intimate abuse or time spent in foster care[/b].

Advocacy of suicide has been cited as a contributing factor. Intelligence may also be a factor. Initially proposed as a part of an evolutionary psychology explanation, which posited a minimum intelligence required for one to commit suicide, the positive correlation between IQ and suicide has been replicated in a number of studies

One study found that a lack of social support, a deficit in feelings of belongingness and living alone were crucial predictors of a suicide attempt. One study found that among prison inmates, suicide was more likely among inmates who had committed a violent crime.

Would it not be better to be silent than to be considered an enabler of suicide?

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide
Re: I Will Set Myself Ablaze Tomorrow (sunday) by Raxxye(m): 1:15pm On Jan 21, 2012
IykeD:

I don't see why someone/group of people here will be making a joke of the OP's post. It takes a high degree of frustration for someone to even think of such a thing and post it here. The frustration in Nigeria is enormous, I hope you guys remember the Benin dude who posted a similar thing on his Facebook wall last year and carried it out. Please help save a fellow human being and not make fun of him, it can only make it worse.

@IykeD. Really? U mean it happened here in Naija?
@OP. Think again. Don‘t do it. We need u.
Re: I Will Set Myself Ablaze Tomorrow (sunday) by 27naira(m): 1:17pm On Jan 21, 2012
I don't live in Nigeria but i am becoming increasingly sad whenever i read Nigerian newspapers online, stream channeltv online and even log on to Nairaland.

I just feel sad and scared for my friends and family. I am very comfortable where i am but i just cannot detach myself from the filthy situation in Nigeria. From today, i want to stay away from NL and all Nigerian info sites and see if i can regain some sanity.

The thought of Nigerians committing suicide is way too extreme for me to bear.

OP,

You still have better opportunities ahead. Taking your life is being selfish to yourself and family.
Re: I Will Set Myself Ablaze Tomorrow (sunday) by ifeci: 1:25pm On Jan 21, 2012
"the man with no shoes complained until he met the man with no feet. @OP, look around and u will see so many people whom u are better than. remember, "winners don't Quit" and Quitters don't win" u r thinking like a quitter. wake up guy!
Re: I Will Set Myself Ablaze Tomorrow (sunday) by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 21, 2012
abeg we fit think sey this guy dey play till he kill himself. na so someone b talk for facebook people think sey he dey play till he kill himself. @ op abeg no kill urself ooh, we dey beg u. remember sey chinchin tell her pikin sey make dey no worry sey wetin dey hot go still cool ooh. life na jeje ooh. just try hold on for a while u go so find jab.
Re: I Will Set Myself Ablaze Tomorrow (sunday) by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 21, 2012
Jakumo. On point!
Re: I Will Set Myself Ablaze Tomorrow (sunday) by eghost247(m): 1:42pm On Jan 21, 2012
suicide is never an option no matter
Re: I Will Set Myself Ablaze Tomorrow (sunday) by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 21, 2012
@Poster, unemployment u say? Pls visit hospitals nd clinics at ur dsposal. U'll see diff. pple wit diff. ailment, some are even terminal. Also observe their various age bracket nd see if u'r not replecated severally in the sight u behold. Majority are no longer given bed due to serial debt they owe the hospital, yet they held on to life being optimistic that 2moro may be better even while sleeping in the corridors of the hospital building where they beg 4 alms 4rm visitor. U'll see this scenario exactly as stated in the mostly govt ownd hospitals. After this visit nd ur heart go out 2 them, then go nd be determind more than ever to work hard to be who u wanna be, given that u'r blessed wit gud health whch eluded most pple witin nd outside ur age bracket 2day.
Re: I Will Set Myself Ablaze Tomorrow (sunday) by jerryben12: 1:47pm On Jan 21, 2012
Please post your contact, there are people available to help including me.
Re: I Will Set Myself Ablaze Tomorrow (sunday) by humanhair1: 1:48pm On Jan 21, 2012
That wont change anything in Nigeria. grin

Re: I Will Set Myself Ablaze Tomorrow (sunday) by ifeci: 1:52pm On Jan 21, 2012
some people can not endure the pain of challenges and turbulent times which every successful person passes through, but you can endure the pain of setting urself ablaze and killing ursef. what an irony. life is in phases, e neva rch u mean say no b ur turn yet.hv faith my guy. read up biographies of successful pple and u will see that life is not a bed of roses after all. difficulties come to every1. ur own na jst unemployment, u suppose dey thank God say na jst dt 1.
Re: I Will Set Myself Ablaze Tomorrow (sunday) by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 21, 2012
Topik.
Inasmuch as i condemn the OP's decision, i still think therz some sense in it.
Re: I Will Set Myself Ablaze Tomorrow (sunday) by Beaf: 2:11pm On Jan 21, 2012
@scopusng

Always remember that life is precious and that there are people who love you; some you know and some you might not know. Every life has a purpose, none should be snuffed out.
There are always people who value you, your sisters, brothers, father, mother and friends. Taking your life will be a mistake thats not worth it.
I do not know your religion or if you are religious, but do take time out in solitude with God. We all have low moments, but those times are for us to look back on after we have blossomed, and no matter how bad your situation is, remember there is always someone who is worse and praying to at least be in your situation.

Take heart bruv, and keep strong. See you on NL on Monday.
Re: I Will Set Myself Ablaze Tomorrow (sunday) by r231(m): 2:13pm On Jan 21, 2012
Haaaa

Please don't do it
Re: I Will Set Myself Ablaze Tomorrow (sunday) by IbroSaunks(m): 2:27pm On Jan 21, 2012
u know, me and a few of my friends were talking about this recently. something to ignite a "Naija spring", Naijas Muhammad boazizi! imma just repeat what some people have said. the only thing that'll happen is that people would console ur family, eat akara at ur funeral, and move on, na winter u go get no b spring.  and ull just b thrown into hell!
else people would put out the fire before you die. bottom-line, your death would achieve nothing man. we are not even as angry as the Arabs. so please think again, try harder to get a job, don't give up, keep holding on!
Re: I Will Set Myself Ablaze Tomorrow (sunday) by lolaluv1(f): 2:31pm On Jan 21, 2012
OP
I still came back to plead with you. Remember your loved ones and the pains your decision will cost them. Please!!!

And like someone said, hell is real. Every one faces their own wahala but we always need to keep hope high that there's a better tomorrow.
Please, don't do it. Don't suffer here and go and suffer in the hereafter (which is what would happen if you commit suicide).

Please, provide your details to those that are asking for it. Maybe they have the means of helping you out. As for me, gold I have not. But I'll say a prayer for you. Take care!
Re: I Will Set Myself Ablaze Tomorrow (sunday) by nduchucks: 2:42pm On Jan 21, 2012
Just in case this guy needs help and is not a joker, could the moderators open up a line of communications with him via PM?  Is it possible to give him/her temporary access to PM so that he can reply to moderators' messages?

@OP, think about your loved ones who will be left with a broken heart, why do you have to hurt them by setting yourself ablaze? Don't be a coward in the end by going through with this - you sound like a tough guy and not a coward. Do the right thing, find other ways to express your anger and frustration.
Re: I Will Set Myself Ablaze Tomorrow (sunday) by murtalaa(m): 2:44pm On Jan 21, 2012
grin grin grin smiley wink angry sad shocked cool tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry
Re: I Will Set Myself Ablaze Tomorrow (sunday) by dayokanu(m): 2:45pm On Jan 21, 2012
Re: I Will Set Myself Ablaze Tomorrow (sunday) by ifyalways(f): 2:46pm On Jan 21, 2012
@OP,what happened to your forex business ?
Re: I Will Set Myself Ablaze Tomorrow (sunday) by Beaf: 2:57pm On Jan 21, 2012
ndu_chucks: [size=14pt]Just in case this guy needs help and is not a joker, could the moderators open up a line of communications with him via PM?  Is it possible to give him/her temporary access to PM so that he can reply to moderators' messages?[/size]

@OP, think about your loved ones who will be left with a broken heart, why do you have to hurt them by setting yourself ablaze? Don't be a coward in the end by going through with this - you sound like a tough guy and not a coward. Do the right thing, find other ways to express your anger and frustration.

This is an excellent suggestion.
Can the mods take this up? It would have been best for them to do that in the first place instead of putting the thread on the front page to make money and possibly exposing someone in the pits of despair to ridicule.
Re: I Will Set Myself Ablaze Tomorrow (sunday) by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 21, 2012
GOD have mercy on some of you. What kind of replies am i reading here? Is this what we nigerians have turned into?

Who put this on homepage? Can you not PM him?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shagari Denies Endorsing Jonathan / N19b, $86m Refund Probe Sparks Anti-magu Protest / NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.