Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

President Goodluck Jonathan Should Just Please Step Down. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan Should Just Please Step Down. (3393 Views)

Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi / A Russian 'doctor Of Military Sciences' Says Moscow Should Just Nuke Yellowstone / GEJ Should Just Stop Giving Deadlines To Stop Boko Haram,its Making It Worse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Just Please Step Down. by Beaf: 11:41pm On Jan 21, 2012
I pity "born to rule" monkeys.
If you like, boko haram until eternity.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Just Please Step Down. by jmaine: 11:45pm On Jan 21, 2012
For who to take over . . .  Nah . . .Like others have said . . .GEJ aint going no where till 2015
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Just Please Step Down. by biachwest: 11:53pm On Jan 21, 2012
killing innocent people in the name of politics is outreago us,bombing people to disorganise gejs govt and thinking that will humiliate him to resign is no gonna work out but rather will endanger the unity of Nigeria.
we should all shine our eyes,some part of the country may gonna pay fat for all this out rages act.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Just Please Step Down. by BigB11(m): 11:55pm On Jan 21, 2012
Mikeansy,
nice one. We'll do it again.
Stay cool and enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Just Please Step Down. by monkeyleg: 11:55pm On Jan 21, 2012
Funny enough those who had thier eyes open saw this in goodluck before the elections. People let sentiments cloud thier judgment, That said he must now find in him good leadership and pull this country out of this mess.

He starts by picking himself people who are prepared to tell him the truh and guide him. I am convinced that goodllucks biggest problem are his advisers. he must now drop loyalty and seek competence, there are good hands out there if only he is prepared to listen. he must now step up and seek wise councelling
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Just Please Step Down. by sheyguy: 12:05am On Jan 22, 2012
Gej's problem r not his advisers concerning security issue. He walked into it himself. He shld go into dialoque with his northern PDP 'gang members'.
BigB1, pls dont suggest IBB or IBB-like names to us.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Just Please Step Down. by Nobody: 12:14am On Jan 22, 2012
Big B1:

Are you referring to the same laws your past and present leaders have stepped on over and over?
When your laws are not working for an average citizen, it means it's time to revise the laws and move forward.
And I think this is what will happen eventually.

Things can not continue this way any longer. Too many innocent lives are being wasted on a regular, while our president continues to hide in his bedroom.

We need a leader that is ready to fight for us and our country.

Then campaign for a change of the laws to that which will favour common citizens. People have been calling for true fedralism are you willing for that change to true fedralism yet? If yes please go ahead and campaign for it.

The President was elected based on existing laws. There is nothing in the current laws that says if a section of the country decides to go on a bombing spree because their prefered President is not in office then the President should be persuaded to resign.

And to be be honest the rest of the country should take note and purnish any Hausa-Fulani candidate with their votes in the 2015 election. This kind of intimidation must not be allowed to gain traction.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Just Please Step Down. by monkeyleg: 12:23am On Jan 22, 2012
Listen guys, whilst some might suggest that there are political undertones to all this, let us not forget that GEJ is the commander in chief and onus and responsibility lies squarely at his feet to guarantee the safety and security of all citizens irrespective of what part of the country they come from. the mandate is with him and he be in a position to show true leadership and act decisevely. He is really showing himself to be weak and deviod of ideas. let him Phucking step up and act. No one will condemn him for taking tough steps if it brings the security situation under control
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Just Please Step Down. by Kobojunkie: 12:39am On Jan 22, 2012
I don't know if you have been sniffing gutter with the boys, but you know that ain't gonna happen. I mean 'ijaw' boys only last week told us that they are willing to shed blood to ensure Jonathan remains on seat.
If you ventured out there, to demand the President to step down, and happened to find a knife in your back as a result, be sure that the politicians didn't do it . , probably your next door neighbour or even your best friend.
Also, why try to impose this your view on people who don't seem to want what you are selling em? I say you gather your family and get them out to a safe place to wait out the next 3 years.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Just Please Step Down. by jason123: 12:48am On Jan 22, 2012
@ OP
GEJ cannot and should not leave. He was democratically elected and as such, should remain there until the end of his tenure when Nigerians will be given another chance to elect their leader.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Just Please Step Down. by Depilot(m): 2:02am On Jan 22, 2012
Can someone explain why Goodluck hasn't made a single comment about the attacks in Kano and Yanogoe?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Just Please Step Down. by Depilot(m): 2:50am On Jan 22, 2012
Goodluck administration is using army with guns to suppress democracy.
It may not be a bad idea if he steps down.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Just Please Step Down. by Depilot(m): 2:51am On Jan 22, 2012
Funny enough those who had thier eyes open saw this in goodluck before the elections. People let sentiments cloud thier judgment, That said he must now find in him good leadership and pull this country out of this mess.

He starts by picking himself people who are prepared to tell him the truh and guide him. I am convinced that goodllucks biggest problem are his advisers. he must now drop loyalty and seek competence, there are good hands out there if only he is prepared to listen. he must now step up and seek wise councelling

I agree.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Just Please Step Down. by PapaBrowne(m): 3:21am On Jan 22, 2012
The reasons for the bombs are pretty obvious. Jonathan defied zoning. So yes, you are right, if he steps down today, even though for an 18 year old Northern Illiterate, the bombs will stop. Its not about competence, it's about ethnicity.

While I agree that GEJ hasn't shown capable leadership with regards to security, it is almost impossible to stop this kind of terrorism when the locals give the terrorists the needed support. Case in point: Zakari Biu of Biu LGA( Boko Haram HQ) releases christmas day bomber.

We will wait out till 2015 and I can bet that no southerner would casxt a vote for a Northern hegemonist, hence no northerner will be president!!!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Just Please Step Down. by Nobody: 6:18am On Jan 22, 2012
Man, nigerians una doo! suffering and smiling edioticas! grin

A president that said Terrorist attacks happen everywhere, we should learn to live with it deserves to be shot at the balls and castrated! chai some fools are even pleading on his behalf to stay through out the year even till 2015! shocked choi!
oboy these nigerians like blood oh, they like seeing spillitng bodies, decapitated limbs, sorrows and cries. woe betide all y'all
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Just Please Step Down. by BigB11(m): 9:06pm On Jan 22, 2012
We will wait out till 2015 and I can bet that no southerner would casxt a vote for a Northern hegemonist, hence no northerner will be president!!!
Exactly the same sentiments that got us here in the first place.
I wonder how long it will take us to be delivered from this f00lish state of mind we display here on a regular.

It shouldn't matter who is contesting or who is elected; what we should focus more on is the capabilities of candidates to perform their job effectively and efficiently.
Ignoring qualifications and capabilities, and simply voting for pin heads (incompetent candidates) just because they share the same village with our father is absolutely not the right thing to do.

Personal feelings and sentiments among all Nigerians should be set aside in determining the right future we deserve.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Just Please Step Down. by rozayx5(m): 10:42am On Oct 24, 2015
lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yoruba Group Rejects Buhari’s Offer To Step Down For Anyone In APC. / Here Is The New Video Of Shekau He Looks Really Alive / Adamawa Governorship Result: APC Leading.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.