Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

This Is The Time To Declare "The Republic Of Biafra" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is The Time To Declare "The Republic Of Biafra" (3032 Views)

This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like / Tribunal May Soon Declare The Election Won By David Mark As Null And Void / I Hereby Declare The Islamic Republic Of Nothern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is The Time To Declare "The Republic Of Biafra" by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 22, 2012
I have watched over many decades how Igbos have cried about marginalisation and also watched as MASSOB was born. The activities of MASSOB over the past years have been quite interesting and has hovered around the ridiculous and sometimes inspiring.

However, the events over the past few months is shifting their actions from inspirational to ridiculous. I am beginning to feel they are cowards and loud bleaters.

Amongst the militant groups in Nigeria, this is the only group that has the support of 90% of its people. They seem to be the only ones that have a genuine political ideology, not the oil thieving militants from the Niger delta, the glorified vigilante group from the South West or murdering BH from the north.

This is a group that has made so much uproar about their dream to secede from the aberration called Nigeria. MASSOB WHAT IS STOPPING YOU NOW? It is glaring there is no plan as by now Kano and even Lagos would have been less Ndigbo. You people are  busy protecting your rubbish spare parts shops.

The indices are to your favour now. This chance might evade you in the next 60 years.

1. The President is a weakling and would not survive an Igbo uprising politically. It will finish him off as he would be unable to muster the loyalty of the armed forces to fight in many fronts vis-a-vis the problems in the North. He would be overthrown in 3 months of blatant display of incompetence as commander in chief. The army will implode.

2. Speaking about loyalty, I strongly believe no serving Igbo Chief of Army staff will summon the courage to march federal troops into Igbo territory. Again the army will implode.

3. The army is heavily divided now due to many years of being involved in Nigerian politics and infiltration by BH. Thanks to the last 3rd term seeking President, northern domination of the army is over.

4. The Nigerian army is at its weakest at the moment. Past military regimes have starved the army of funds for fear of coups and due to corruption that even though we have trained soldiers, our equipment and intelligence gathering capabilities are obsolete. You can easily employ IT mercenaries to hack the vulnerable radar systems, GPS and communication systems of the Airforce and re-direct the shabby 16 war planes they have to Maiduguri or even Aso-rock.

5. The people of Nigeria are already disenchanted with the unity of the country and any enemy of the amalgamated illegal entity called Nigeria right now might just be the people's champion.

6. This is not the 60's, the West know and have even predicted a state of chaos as we are witnessing right now. They only need reassurance of continuous and more favourable mineral exploitation and support will change overnight for areas where their companies can operate.

7. This is not the 60's, Ndigbo in the US are quite influential now and can easily bring a no fly zone over Biafra in a matter of weeks.

Rather MASSOB is busy and preoccupied with how to give a useless Title to its leader. ACT now or forever hold your peace.
Re: This Is The Time To Declare "The Republic Of Biafra" by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 22, 2012
^^^ dont be too rash.MASSOB is on top of the situation.Past mistakes will not be repeated.I know you mean well.Il be back.
Re: This Is The Time To Declare "The Republic Of Biafra" by Ndata(m): 10:52am On Jan 22, 2012
Bros take am easy it never reach that stage.Lets continue to watch as events unfold.If you do that now,you will be surprised that you may not get the support you need both internal and external.Yorubas will team up with the same Hausas bombing every one to keep Nigeria one.And you might be shocked that South South may even join them.
Re: This Is The Time To Declare "The Republic Of Biafra" by django59(m): 10:59am On Jan 22, 2012
Why don't u leave ur comfortable location and come and lead the secession operation in Naija?am sure people will join you
Re: This Is The Time To Declare "The Republic Of Biafra" by mikuz(m): 11:08am On Jan 22, 2012
@op,
you must be less than stewpid,
have you asked ya self where uwazuruike is today?
Mtchew!
Re: This Is The Time To Declare "The Republic Of Biafra" by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 22, 2012
Ndata:

Bros take am easy it never reach that stage.Lets continue to watch as events unfold.If you do that now,you  will be surprised that you may not get the support you need both internal and external.Yorubas will team up with the same Hausas bombing every one to keep Nigeria one.And you might be shocked that South South may even join them.

Waiting for it to be handed over on a gold platter. Naah! Massob has made it plain this is what they have been struggling for. The time for struggling is past, they should grab it now. With the way Jonathan is going now, the military will soon invite him for a meeting, put a revolver on the meeting table next to his resignation letter and ask him to make a choice. Then a great opportunity would have been lost.
Re: This Is The Time To Declare "The Republic Of Biafra" by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 22, 2012
mikuz:

@op,
you must be less than stewpid,
have you asked ya self where uwazuruike is today?
Mtchew!

Just saw your pic and not surprised at your comment giving the level of education in secondary schools in Nigeria at the moment.

Did Seun turn off the firewall for "minors" on NL?
Re: This Is The Time To Declare "The Republic Of Biafra" by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 22, 2012
A military coup in nigeria is almost impossible at the moment.nigeria is headed the way of sudan at the moment.either by declaration or referendum or whichever way,Biafra will emerge.We just should not repeat the mistakes of the sixties.The militant groups in SS need to be carried along,sounds funny but thats the truth,the millitants are the major power base of the SS.You need to have them believe in Biafra aspirations and see the benefits it has for them so that they do not end up working against you due to misunderstanding or lack of communication.
Re: This Is The Time To Declare "The Republic Of Biafra" by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 22, 2012
Take a look at the nigerian map.By 2015,the size will be smaller.Jonathan is the last president of nigeria as it is presently structured/landmass.
Re: This Is The Time To Declare "The Republic Of Biafra" by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 22, 2012
chima12:

A military coup in nigeria is almost impossible at the moment.nigeria is headed the way of sudan at the moment.either by declaration or referendum or whichever way,Biafra will emerge.We just should not repeat the mistakes of the sixties.The militant groups in SS need to be carried along,sounds funny but thats the truth,the millitants are the major power base of the SS.You need to have them believe in Biafra aspirations and see the benefits it has for them so that they do not end up working against you due to misunderstanding or lack of communication.

Please in Nigeria, do not rule out anything, even a goat can fly. Note the way I said the military will do it. The man and his entire cabinet will resign and a power vacuum created. The Senate and House leadership will go into hiding after 6 days of brutal BH attacks in Abuja. Then the Military will quietly walk in to the applause of Nigerians and the international community. they will promise elections in 6 months and keep truncating for years.

ND Militants are common criminals, political thugs,oil thieves, largely divided and full of competing groups. They do not speak for us in the ND and will struggle to get our support.
Re: This Is The Time To Declare "The Republic Of Biafra" by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 22, 2012
I dont think a coup will last in nigeria.America would probably kick the illegal junta out in a matter of days.The ND militants are criminals for sure but they have the guns,the rocket launchers,the IEDs ,so they have the power.You need to carry them along.They are a stand-by army if you ask me.The only thing they probably dont have is fighter jets, armoured tanks and warships.
Re: This Is The Time To Declare "The Republic Of Biafra" by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 22, 2012
Americas foreign policy is geared towards self interest. GEJ is already leading them to a situation where their interests are threatened. He is a good puppet but a weak one. They might be happy to see him replaced with a stronger and more competent puppet.
Re: This Is The Time To Declare "The Republic Of Biafra" by antartica(m): 12:13pm On Jan 22, 2012
Nigeria is like a scattered giant jigsaw puzzle that will gradually,effortlessly and eventually fall into place.
Re: This Is The Time To Declare "The Republic Of Biafra" by sheyguy: 12:17pm On Jan 22, 2012
Ndata:

Bros take am easy it never reach that stage.Lets continue to watch as events unfold.If you do that now,you  will be surprised that you may not get the support you need both internal and external.Yorubas will team up with the same Hausas bombing every one to keep Nigeria one.And you might be shocked that South South may even join them.
As long as some pple don't go on with the '66 style madness by killing pregnant women in their sleep, there will no cause for the bolded part in ur comment.
Re: This Is The Time To Declare "The Republic Of Biafra" by russellino: 12:21pm On Jan 22, 2012
@ op - you are asking for our homeland to be destroyed finally. Any such agenda will be pushed in the inevitable SNC. Nuff said
Re: This Is The Time To Declare "The Republic Of Biafra" by PointB: 2:07pm On Jan 22, 2012
Interesting suggestion by the OP, but the problem is that there is still a lot of potential for miscaculation.

If biafra were to emerge, there would have been concrete agreement not only with the SS and SW leadership, but also with the middlebelt states like Benue and Jos.

While it is possible to get a No-fly zone in matter of weeks, a well trained and well armed militant group need to be on ground in case of possible skirmish with overzealous men of the NA.

The situation is very fluid, and care must must be taken not to once again unite the whole country against a new nation. When things appear easy, great caution must be applied. And whatever we do, Igbos must not, must not be seen, and must not be used to betray GEJ. He is our cousin; he said he is one of us. Whether this is correct or not, we must not betray him for providence sake. Which means he must have a say no matter how insignificant in the biafra agenda!
Re: This Is The Time To Declare "The Republic Of Biafra" by dustydee: 2:14pm On Jan 22, 2012
@Poster
What is the meaning of Biafra?
Re: This Is The Time To Declare "The Republic Of Biafra" by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 22, 2012
dustydee:

@Poster
What is the meaning of Biafra?

Ever heard of wikipedia? BTW I am not Igbo
Re: This Is The Time To Declare "The Republic Of Biafra" by akinsman: 7:28pm On Jan 22, 2012
Is the solution of this country in disintegration?Are all the leaders not same everywhere even in ur so called Igbo land?Whats makes u think if u have Biafra Republic that life has become better for u?Sit tight and think cos your way forward stinks,
Re: This Is The Time To Declare "The Republic Of Biafra" by GAR3TH(m): 7:42pm On Jan 22, 2012
akinsman:

Is the solution of this country in disintegration?Are all the leaders not same everywhere even in ur so called Igbo land?Whats makes u think if u have Biafra Republic that life has become better for u?Sit tight and think cos your way forward stinks,

Thats what I ask every time, boko haram hasn't bombed the south or igboland and corruption is wide spread through nigeria. The same corrupt leaders that are in power now will be the same ones in power in the new country. In other words, nothing will change except the color of the flag.

Splitting won't change the lives of those living in the south the same way the current attacks by boko haram hasn't changed how people in the south live their lives. people in the south watch the news, say oh my god boko haram is horrible, and go on about their day like normal. split wont affect anyone really, like i said its the same nigeria with a different flag
Re: This Is The Time To Declare "The Republic Of Biafra" by ezeagu(m): 7:57pm On Jan 22, 2012
GAR3TH:

Thats what I ask every time, boko haram hasn't bombed the south or igboland and corruption is wide spread through nigeria. The same corrupt leaders that are in power now will be the same ones in power in the new country. In other words, nothing will change except the color of the flag.

Splitting won't change the lives of those living in the south the same way the current attacks by boko haram hasn't changed how people in the south live their lives. people in the south watch the news, say oh my god boko haram is horrible, and go on about their day like normal. split wont affect anyone really, like i said its the same nigeria with a different flag

Yeah because no one in the south has family members who have lost everything in the north on evacuating. The hundreds killed had absolutely no relation to anyone in the south, in fact there is no plan by Boko Haram to Islamise Nigeria and there have never been any Boko Haram suspects found in Lagos and Port Harcourt.
Re: This Is The Time To Declare "The Republic Of Biafra" by PointB: 9:09pm On Jan 22, 2012
Splitting is desirable and of course it will solve a lot of problem. Boko Haram issue for example can be solved by splitting. Corruption will reduce cos the new nation will be more eligataran than the old. There is no guarantee that the new nations will be run by the same leaders. And by the way clearly not all our leaders are corrupt.

the new nations will have new zeal and new spirit and awareness and will be necessary make the mistakes of the old one.

but the issue is timing. Timing is very critical success factor for the split.
Re: This Is The Time To Declare "The Republic Of Biafra" by Nchara: 9:23pm On Jan 22, 2012
Igbos must not declare Biafra now or in the nearest future. For now, let others do the declaration if they have to. Do not fall into the traps of those who are lurking in the shadows to seize your properties in their domains. However, I will always advise Igbos in trouble-prone areas to sell of and relocate to Alaigbo. Before you relocate, make sure you leave with ALL documents and papers indicating you own any properties you are leaving behind. That way, you can get your property back if we happen to be in the same country afterwards. Soon the mullahs will have little or no Igbo left to kill and we shall then see what their next move is.

During the June 12 debacle, I witnessed Yorubas at Ijegun town (behind Satellite town in Lagos) pointing at several Igbo-owned houses that will soon belong to them if Igbos leave. My family owned one of those houses. We have since sold it and moved on.
Re: This Is The Time To Declare "The Republic Of Biafra" by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 22, 2012
Even common almajiris in the north do point at igbo owned houses as houses that will belong to them once the igbo leaves the north or something worse happens, so many igbo artisans,traders in the north have made the mistake of building houses in the north.I wonder why they cant just build in the east,collect rent from their tenants in the east and pay their landlord in the north.that way you dont have to worry about losing your landed property once everyone begin to answer their papa name.
Re: This Is The Time To Declare "The Republic Of Biafra" by asorocker: 11:15pm On Jan 22, 2012
There is really no need to declare anything now or even in the nearest future, If igbos declare anything , you will be surprised that Boko Haram's Agenda will change from imposing Sharia in Nigeria to fighting Nigeriai's Distintegration.

Nigeria is a cult that must be followed strictly by all its adherent faithfully.

My advice to Igbos is dont be fooled twice. The biggest enemies of Nigeria might not even be BokoHaram but the Lily livered people who rather than fight Bokoharam were busy fighting for Subsidy
Re: This Is The Time To Declare "The Republic Of Biafra" by OneNaira6: 11:15pm On Jan 22, 2012
1stCitizen:

Ever heard of wikipedia? BTW I am not Igbo

If you are not Igbo and you disagreed with how Massob is doing things, you could always start up a new group and do things the way you desire them to be.

chima12:

Even common almajiris in the north do point at igbo owned houses as houses that will belong to them once the igbo leaves the north or something worse happens, so many igbo artisans,traders in the north have made the mistake of building houses in the north.I wonder why they cant just build in the east,collect rent from their tenants in the east and pay their landlord in the north.that way you dont have to worry about losing your landed property once everyone begin to answer their papa name.

They should tear down the houses before leaving so longer throaters will remain longer throat after the real owners of the house leaves.
Re: This Is The Time To Declare "The Republic Of Biafra" by Onlytruth(m): 5:01am On Jan 23, 2012
One of my friends who owns a house somewhere outside Igboland said that he would personally burn down his house before leaving, if he has to leave it.
There will no longer be any abandoned property in any part of Nigeria again.

@Topic

Some truths in what you said about MASSOB. Personally, I think that MASSOB is too loud for my liking.
I believe in speaking softly and carrying a big stick.
We need a silent but far more efficient organization to carry this idea to its logical end, one way or another.
Re: This Is The Time To Declare "The Republic Of Biafra" by stayreal: 5:29am On Jan 23, 2012
@ Nchara

I agree, we should not declare Biafra. We should not start this disintegration for others again. Lets see who loves "One Nigeria" or wants freedom out of this basket case of a country. Then we will make our move. cool
Re: This Is The Time To Declare "The Republic Of Biafra" by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 23, 2012
The american govt is considering to label boko haram as a terrorist group officially.this should open the way for us troops and drones in nigeria.i believe once the drones start landing,momentum for self determination will pick up.
Re: This Is The Time To Declare "The Republic Of Biafra" by Iolo(m): 2:35pm On Jan 23, 2012
And why do Biafrans keep assuming that the South South is a part of their territory??
Re: This Is The Time To Declare "The Republic Of Biafra" by PointB: 3:11pm On Jan 23, 2012
^^There is no assumption here. Because you cannot deny the fact that Igbos in south south would gladly join Biafra - hence the frequent use of the word SS/SE. And if fellers is anything to go by Ijaws, Ogoni will most likely want to be part of the new Biafra. Can't say much about the other ethnic groups in SS.
Re: This Is The Time To Declare "The Republic Of Biafra" by aljharem(m): 3:14pm On Jan 23, 2012
Iolo:

And why do Biafrans keep assuming that the South South is a part of their territory??

because they are deluded people

some are even saying middle belt is part of baifra

while others are calling delta, edo and rivers state as biafra

but one question they have failed to answer is, WHAT WOULD BAIFRA PROVIDE US THAT NIGERIA IS NOT DOING

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enugu State Governor Impregnates First Lady’s Younger Sister / Nairaland Official POLL: GEJ Or GMB / Rare Image Of HRH Oba Olateru Olagbegi Ii Olowo Of Owo Kingdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.