Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Nigerian Army Engaged A Boko Haram Member In A Gun Battle For Over 4 Hours. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army Engaged A Boko Haram Member In A Gun Battle For Over 4 Hours. (21650 Views)

Soldier Poses Alongside Dead Body Of A Boko Haram Member In Borno..graphic Pix / Artistic Wish Of A Boko Haram Victim (Picture) / 8-Month Old Baby Who Lost Her Arm In A Boko Haram Attack Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army Engaged A Boko Haram Member In A Gun Battle For Over 4 Hours. by jobaskia(m): 1:35pm On Jan 25, 2012
wonder wonder wonder. m The fact is killing BH member is like a vendetta , but they should get to the root f the problem. Whilst, they continue their operation unhindered. I am not in support of callous nature of illing innocent souls. Some people are out there making profit from all this wahala.my opinion
Re: Nigerian Army Engaged A Boko Haram Member In A Gun Battle For Over 4 Hours. by jobaskia(m): 1:36pm On Jan 25, 2012
wonder wonder wonder. m The fact is killing BH member is like a vendetta , but they should get to the root f the problem. Whilst, they continue their operation unhindered. I am not in support of callous nature of illing innocent souls. Some people are out there making profit from all this wahala.my opinion
Re: Nigerian Army Engaged A Boko Haram Member In A Gun Battle For Over 4 Hours. by PointB: 1:41pm On Jan 25, 2012
Much ado about a dead terrorist and his accomplice - wife!
Re: Nigerian Army Engaged A Boko Haram Member In A Gun Battle For Over 4 Hours. by DeepSoul(f): 2:11pm On Jan 25, 2012
tijayjay:

THOSE OF YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT THE KILLING OF THE SUSPECTED BOKO HARAM LEADER AND WIFE, WOKE UP.
IF THEY ARE NOT KILLED, THEY WILL ESCAPE FROM THE LAW AND CAUSE MORE HAVOC, AFTER ALL THEY WERE SHOOTING AT THE SECURITY AGENT.
YOU SHOULD ASK YOURSELF WHERE IS KABIRU SOKOTO THAT WAS CAUGHT ALIVE AND HANDED OVER TO THE POLICE, WOKE UP NINJA,

No be only woke up, na woken up! Smh!

@Post:

The dead man and his wife couldn't have possibly been innocent. If they were, they wouldn't have been involved in a 5hr gun battle. If the supposedly innocent man placed any value on his wife and unborn baby, he would't have opened fire on the army. Common sense, people! Common sense!
Re: Nigerian Army Engaged A Boko Haram Member In A Gun Battle For Over 4 Hours. by werepeLeri: 2:37pm On Jan 25, 2012
namfav:

why did they kill a woman and her husband if the gun fighting was for over 4 hours? i understand if the husband was shooting back and got killed but why was no one else killed but the husband and wife? was it revenge for a failed operation to please the bosses from misinformation, this is unfortunate because the army is going nowhere with its force, its just making things worse by targeting innocent people or not sharing honest information with the public

How do you think? Over 200 people killed in one day by his sect, and all you worry about his calling them innocent people? Even when he had arms and was resisting arrest? I am not sure how you think.
Re: Nigerian Army Engaged A Boko Haram Member In A Gun Battle For Over 4 Hours. by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 25, 2012
werepeLeri:

How do you think? Over 200 people killed in one day by his sect, and all you worry about his calling them innocent people? Even when he had arms and was resisting arrest? I am not sure how you think.

Forget that guy bro, you don't know him yet? He is a sympathizer. Put his words into context and you will understand where he truly stands.
Re: Nigerian Army Engaged A Boko Haram Member In A Gun Battle For Over 4 Hours. by sirp2007: 5:05pm On Jan 25, 2012
doctokwus:

Am alarmed that a pregnant woman was killed& nobody is asking questions.In our urge to destroy BH,nobody seems to b asking questions while murders are committed.It shd b a source of concern to any rightthinking person that an assortment of armed forces will confront two people in a gun fight,including a pregnant woman& all three will die wt no single casualty on d other side.This raid has more questions than answers its purported to av given.Yes,BH shd b destroyed for its evil nature,but evn if d merchant was linked to BH,him being captured alive wud eventually have led to the saving of hundreds more that maybe killed;otherwise am taking d police aspect of this raid wt a whole bag of salt.The raid looks typical& I won't b surprised if it doesn't turn out to be entirely as we av bn told

would you have prefer the story reads''a bh member and his pregnant wife killed some military personnel after several hours of gun battle?''
Re: Nigerian Army Engaged A Boko Haram Member In A Gun Battle For Over 4 Hours. by houvest: 5:21pm On Jan 25, 2012
I believe that many soldiers retired or thrown out from the army by OBJ are in BH as well as many sympathetic serving soldiers.
Re: Nigerian Army Engaged A Boko Haram Member In A Gun Battle For Over 4 Hours. by noiseless: 6:48pm On Jan 25, 2012
coward boko haram using wife as human shield?
Re: Nigerian Army Engaged A Boko Haram Member In A Gun Battle For Over 4 Hours. by honeric01(m): 7:19pm On Jan 25, 2012
nice cover up but please what happened to the members that they said were having meeting with him? did they all vanish?
Re: Nigerian Army Engaged A Boko Haram Member In A Gun Battle For Over 4 Hours. by OmoTier1(m): 7:30pm On Jan 25, 2012
If you'r a Southerner in Kano or you live around a Police Station or Army Barracks, I guess events of the past few months should serve as a warning that you should start making your way out of your location!

Go check the statistics, each time the Army kills one Boko Haram, they smoke out over 50 Nigerians
Re: Nigerian Army Engaged A Boko Haram Member In A Gun Battle For Over 4 Hours. by MeAboki(m): 7:35pm On Jan 25, 2012
Unfortunately, it appears to have been a botched joint operation involving the army, SSS and mopol representing failed intelligence and cowardice by these operatives, and by all indications the murder of an innocent man and woman.

Accordingly, the mopol cordoned the whole area, blocking off routes for escape, while the army and SSS moved in to arrest the alleged large number of suspects - based on earlier tip off (which turn out to be wrong - since they only got the two they killed).

BBC (Hausa radio) news aired an interview with this man's neighbors immediately after the incidence and they were unanimous in attesting that the man had no connection with Boko Haram and neither was he armed.
Notice how the official story failed to reveal the weapon the man was allegedly using. Eye witness accounts (including some colleagues living in the area) confirmed the joint operatives also had helicopter support providing searchlight to give good visibility during the night operation. So how cold they come up with only two dead suspects given the so called prior surveillance and disproportionate excess fire power used.

Its obvious they were so afraid of these BH boys, hence jumpy and firing at anything and everything.  Unfortunately, this type of cowardice coupled with incompetence and brutality on innocent civilians is what is compounding an already bad situation, where civilians are caught in the middle of double terrorism; on the one hand being terrorized by the real terrorists (BH boys) and on the other by the law enforcement agents sent to protect them.

Our security agencies are clearly ill prepared for these boys, I have never felt so insecure in my own country till now. sad angry
Re: Nigerian Army Engaged A Boko Haram Member In A Gun Battle For Over 4 Hours. by dayokanu(m): 7:54pm On Jan 25, 2012
Action film for Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Army Engaged A Boko Haram Member In A Gun Battle For Over 4 Hours. by warrior01: 7:59pm On Jan 25, 2012
@aboki,
never knew spirits can engage the security forces in serious gun battle that lasted for hours
Re: Nigerian Army Engaged A Boko Haram Member In A Gun Battle For Over 4 Hours. by OneNaira6: 8:02pm On Jan 25, 2012
pity for Nigeria cry. Why una worried about the pregnant wife? maybe she was shooting too.
Re: Nigerian Army Engaged A Boko Haram Member In A Gun Battle For Over 4 Hours. by noiseless: 8:04pm On Jan 25, 2012
Neighbours were unanimous in attesting that the man had no connection with boko haram,mmh!So the neighbours now knows who has and hasn't a connection with boko haram?
Me_Aboki:

Unfortunately, it appears to have been a botched joint operation involving the army, SSS and mopol representing failed intelligence and cowardice by these operatives, and by all indications the murder of an innocent man and woman.

Accordingly, the mopol cordoned the whole area, blocking off routes for escape, while the army and SSS moved in to arrest the alleged large number of suspects - based on earlier tip off (which turn out to be wrong - since they only got the two they killed).

BBC (Hausa radio) news aired an interview with this man's neighbors immediately after the incidence and they were unanimous in attesting that the man had no connection with Boko Haram and neither was he armed.
Notice how the official story failed to reveal the weapon the man was allegedly using. Eye witness accounts (including some colleagues living in the area) confirmed the joint operatives also had helicopter support providing searchlight to give good visibility during the night operation. So how cold they come up with only two dead suspects given the so called prior surveillance and disproportionate excess fire power used.

Its obvious they were so afraid of these BH boys, hence jumpy and firing at anything and everything.  Unfortunately, this type of cowardice coupled with incompetence and brutality on innocent civilians is what is compounding an already bad situation, where civilians are caught in the middle of double terrorism; on the one hand being terrorized by the real terrorists (BH boys) and on the other by the law enforcement agents sent to protect them.

Our security agencies are clearly ill prepared for these boys, I have never felt so insecure in my own country till now. sad angry  
Re: Nigerian Army Engaged A Boko Haram Member In A Gun Battle For Over 4 Hours. by edoyad(m): 8:05pm On Jan 25, 2012
Me_Aboki:

Then go and recommend secession to your Emir now. You have never felt so insecure, but when your street urchins used to go about killing innocent people in the name of religious riots you were okay with Nigeria. Keep producing more almajiris and see whether feeling insecure won't be the least of your problems.
Re: Nigerian Army Engaged A Boko Haram Member In A Gun Battle For Over 4 Hours. by edoyad(m): 8:09pm On Jan 25, 2012
Me_Aboki:

Its obvious they were so afraid of these BH boys, hence jumpy and firing at anything and everything. Unfortunately, this type of cowardice coupled with incompetence and brutality on innocent civilians is what is compounding an already bad situation, where civilians are caught in the middle of double terrorism; on the one hand being terrorized by the real terrorists (BH boys) and on the other by the law enforcement agents sent to protect them.

Then go and recommend secession to your Emir now. You have never felt so insecure, but when your street urchins used to go about killing innocent people in the name of religious riots you were okay with Nigeria. Keep producing more almajiris and see whether feeling insecure won't be the least of your problems.
Re: Nigerian Army Engaged A Boko Haram Member In A Gun Battle For Over 4 Hours. by OneNaira6: 8:16pm On Jan 25, 2012
Me_Aboki:

Unfortunately, it appears to have been a botched joint operation involving the army, SSS and mopol representing failed intelligence and cowardice by these operatives, and by all indications the murder of an[b] innocent man and woman[/b].

BBC (Hausa radio) news aired an interview with this[b] man's neighbors immediately after the incidence and they were unanimous in attesting that the man had no connection with Boko Haram[/b] and neither was he armed.

See una reasoning. no wonder other Nigerian region believes North supports boko haram. He's brother, neighbor are attesting to his innocence then who were they shooting with? ghost? 4 hours Nigerian army was fighting with an armed man and woman. what is an innocent man and woman doing with a gun? upon what reason pushed them into attacking the army? even if he was innocent a trial would have saved them while go on defensive move against the army? Abeg commot from here with that innocent jab.  Umar Farouk neighbor, teacher and friends claimed he was innocent and behavior was unprecedented, na wetin happened?

edoyad:

GBAM!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Army Engaged A Boko Haram Member In A Gun Battle For Over 4 Hours. by ChinenyeN(m): 9:00pm On Jan 25, 2012
An army task force. . 4 and a half hours of gun battle with a single man (and allegedly, his wife). . These people are not serious.
Re: Nigerian Army Engaged A Boko Haram Member In A Gun Battle For Over 4 Hours. by PointB: 9:56pm On Jan 25, 2012
However, rather than surrendering the occupants are said to have opened fire on the soldiers and SS [/b]operates setting off a shootout which lasted for about four and a half hours after which Abdullahi and his wife were shot dead.

"They came in large numbers, some of them stayed on the main road, while others came in through the alley. [b]They began shooting, and he fired back,
This was followed by a barrage of gunfire by the security men," a neighbour, Mohammed Maikubi Bala said.

So much for a man of peace!
Re: Nigerian Army Engaged A Boko Haram Member In A Gun Battle For Over 4 Hours. by MeAboki(m): 10:24pm On Jan 25, 2012
noiseless:

Neighbours were unanimous in attesting that the man had no connection with boko haram,mmh!So the neighbours now knows who has and hasn't a connection with boko haram?

One_Naira:

See una reasoning. no wonder other Nigerian region believes North supports boko haram. He's brother, neighbor are attesting to his innocence then who were they shooting with? ghost? 4 hours Nigerian army was fighting with an armed man and woman.[b] what is an innocent man and woman doing with a gun? [/b]upon what reason pushed them into attacking the army? even if he was innocent a trial would have saved them while go on defensive move against the army? Abeg commot from here with that innocent jab.  Umar Farouk neighbor, teacher and friends claimed he was innocent and behavior was unprecedented, na wetin happened?

GBAM!!!!!!!!

Who else would be a good character witness other than someone who knows you and lives with you? The man wasn't armed yet the JTF spent hundreds of shells firing under helicopter cover to capture or rather kill just one man and his wife. Abeg, go figure.
My friend, ppl in the north don;t support BH because their mayhem has so far been restricted to north; its a northern problem and their victims are by majority northerners and Muslims. FYI Muslims leaders have come out and condemned these acts, the Emir of Kano shed tears over this incidence; but of course ppl like who can only see things through the prism of ethnic/religious bigotry would fail to notice and reason objectively.

@edoyad
I laugh in Hausa, he he he he so BH are almajiris? you can't be serious. FYI, I have never condoned the killing of any innocent life whether Christian or Muslim nor do I expect otherwise from any sane person.
As for my Emir, well he is already playing his role and I will continue to give him due respect in accordance with my rich Hausa culture. Oh, my bad I forgot your ppl don't have anything close to that, in fact the only contribution the Nok ppl are known to have brought to African culture is the insignificant art of making clay pots. Bush boy like you sef get mouth to talk, abeg go siddon under tree de drink burkutu, what else una sabi  angry
Re: Nigerian Army Engaged A Boko Haram Member In A Gun Battle For Over 4 Hours. by edoyad(m): 11:40pm On Jan 25, 2012
Me_Aboki:

Who else would be a good character witness other than someone who knows you and lives with you? The man wasn't armed yet the JTF spent hundreds of shells firing under helicopter cover to capture or rather kill just one man and his wife. Abeg, go figure.
My friend, ppl in the north don;t support BH because their mayhem has so far been restricted to north; its a northern problem and their victims are by majority northerners and Muslims. FYI Muslims leaders have come out and condemned these acts, the Emir of Kano shed tears over this incidence; but of course ppl like who can only see things through the prism of ethnic/religious bigotry would fail to notice and reason objectively.

@edoyad
I laugh in Hausa, he he he he so BH are almajiris? you can't be serious.
FYI, I have never condoned the killing of any innocent life whether Christian or Muslim nor do I expect otherwise from any sane person.
As for my Emir, well he is already playing his role and I will continue to give him due respect in accordance with my rich Hausa culture. Oh, my bad I forgot your ppl don't have anything close to that, in fact the only contribution the Nok ppl are known to have brought to African culture is the insignificant art of making clay pots. Bush boy like you sef get mouth to talk, abeg go siddon under tree de drink burkutu, what else una sabi   angry

I don't know who you people are kidding when you come in here and repeat your crap about bokoharam members coming from Chad and Niger. Yes a few of them are, but you and i know most of them are your hopeless brothers who are not only useless to themselves but to Planet earth. So no wonder. 

Did you ask whatelse we sabi ? We sabi how to go school, born children and take care of them and also avoid the kind poverty and disease wey don turn your case to one of the worst on the continent(UN).
I thought some of your leaders were calling boko haram and those animals attacking people after elections "freedom fighters" ? Shey Somalia people too are free abi? Just watch as the events unfold. cool
Re: Nigerian Army Engaged A Boko Haram Member In A Gun Battle For Over 4 Hours. by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jan 25, 2012
Not a very good move though. Boko Haram will definitely strike back, giving this as an excuse. They should have caught him alive by all means. What now stops his aggrieved cousin from joining BH. God be with us
Re: Nigerian Army Engaged A Boko Haram Member In A Gun Battle For Over 4 Hours. by PointB: 3:27am On Jan 26, 2012
nwanna89:

Not a very good move though. Boko Haram will definitely strike back, giving this as an excuse. They should have caught him alive by all means. What now stops his aggrieved cousin from joining BH. God be with us

Nwannem,

Would it have been better the let him escape, if they couldn't catch him alive after the four hour battle? What if he rigs himself with explosives and take half of the assault team with him.

In my opinion, I think they task force did all they could to capture him alive, but had to adapt to the tactical situation. In any case, that is one terrorist mastermind and financier dead!
Re: Nigerian Army Engaged A Boko Haram Member In A Gun Battle For Over 4 Hours. by naijaking1: 3:55am On Jan 26, 2012
I used to condemn the idea of a silent death squad.
The war against BK should include a death squad that will simply go around executing these almajiris before they could do any harm. Their job needs to be silent, secret, and devoid of any publicity whatsoever. When the BK members see their members disappearing left and right, nobody would tell them to leave town.
Re: Nigerian Army Engaged A Boko Haram Member In A Gun Battle For Over 4 Hours. by werepeLeri: 6:49am On Jan 26, 2012
ChinenyeN:

An army task force. . 4 and a half hours of gun battle with a single man (and allegedly, his wife). . These people are not serious.

I think you are the one not reasoning well here.
Re: Nigerian Army Engaged A Boko Haram Member In A Gun Battle For Over 4 Hours. by godisgr8(m): 11:57am On Jan 26, 2012
May he rot in hell and all his generations,
Re: Nigerian Army Engaged A Boko Haram Member In A Gun Battle For Over 4 Hours. by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 08, 2014
WinkWrld: KINDLY FIND LINK BELOW
A MUST SEE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y4Qq-0ddFE

TXT 525 TO 33680 ANY NETWORK
cum hope xay u know dat u r an idiot, u make me waste mb
Re: Nigerian Army Engaged A Boko Haram Member In A Gun Battle For Over 4 Hours. by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 08, 2014
Joel3: Security is loose in this country due to incompetent president. This man ve to resign and save this country fastly. We are tired of death and blood everyda y

Sharrap before you spread Ebola through the internet..
Re: Nigerian Army Engaged A Boko Haram Member In A Gun Battle For Over 4 Hours. by Joel3(m): 9:13pm On Aug 08, 2014
okparaugo:

Sharrap before you spread Ebola through the internet..
your father spread internet through social media.

(1) (2) (Reply)

George Weah Visits Rochas Okorocha (Photos) / President Muhammadu Buhari, The Service Chiefs Are Meeting Now / Saraki And Dogara: In Terms Of Patriotism, I Rate Them Very Very Low-Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.