Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,033 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

I Loved Her From A Distance But Now She's Getting Married! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Loved Her From A Distance But Now She's Getting Married! (2615 Views)

She's Getting Me Confused...."help Out Pls" / I Loved Him, He Broke My Heart, And I Have Been Cursing Him Deep. / She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Loved Her From A Distance But Now She's Getting Married! by sleekcm(m): 5:57am On Jan 26, 2012
We went to the same uni and have been friends for almost seven years. We cldn't date official but we had/have a quick-fire connection. She's darn pretty and intelligent,an architect by training. She called me three months ago to say that sm1 proposed to her bt she doesn't kn wat to do. I jst foolishly thought she wld never consider marriage then as she just lost her elder sister who just gave birth. I should have asked her to say no! About 2 weeks ago, i asked her, jokingly when's d wedding and she said April. Now, her close friend has confirmed it and i can't stop thinking about how i might have missed a great girl. The thing is, she's just 23 and right age some of u wld say but she always gave the impression she wld consider marriage at 25/26,abt d time i wld be ready. Am about to lose a rare diamond. Am devastated!
Re: I Loved Her From A Distance But Now She's Getting Married! by Chimezie198(m): 6:43am On Jan 26, 2012
bro, pleasee where can i buy Fanta??
Re: I Loved Her From A Distance But Now She's Getting Married! by Nobody: 7:07am On Jan 26, 2012
sleekcm:

We went to the same uni and have been friends for almost seven years. We cldn't date official but we had/have a quick-fire connection. She's darn pretty and intelligent,an architect by training. She called me three months ago to say that sm1 proposed to her bt she doesn't kn wat to do. I jst foolishly thought she wld never consider marriage then as she just lost her elder sister who just gave birth. I should have asked her to say no! About 2 weeks ago, i asked her, jokingly when's d wedding and she said April. Now, her close friend has confirmed it and i can't stop thinking about how i might have missed a great girl. The thing is, she's just 23 and right age some of u wld say but she always gave the impression she wld consider marriage at 25/26,abt d time i wld be ready. Am about to lose a rare diamond. Am devastated!
Bro, quite frankly and realistically there,s nothing you can do about the situation except wish her well! Not all platonic friendships are meant to move on to the next level. Dont allow you emotions lead you to believe the mistaken assumption that all would be well with you too since you have been friends for 7 years! At her age and at your age, you confessed that you would not be ready till about 3 years from now! Therefore, even if she shelves her supposed wedding in April and confesses romantic love for you, is there a guarantee that you'll be up to the task of marrying and taking care of her? Now, emotions sometimes can becloud our sense of reasoning, your emotion is telling you that you are devastated, but i dont see any sign of devastation! All i see is you losing a dear friend because she is getting married and time you spend with her would greatly be abridged.
Get up from your pitiable lopsided state, dust your arse, and quit using that devastated word on yourself. Get going with your businesses, be serious at it, and when you deem yourself ready in 3 years time, the world is yours to conquer! Let her go! Painful, yes, but when life plays you an emotional wild card, it doesnt mean game over! There's more to life than degrading yourself over matters of the heart! If you allow your emotions get the mastery over you, it will happily make you it's slave and cripple every other aspect of your life. . . Is that what you want?

1 Like

Re: I Loved Her From A Distance But Now She's Getting Married! by Acidosis(m): 7:44am On Jan 26, 2012
If I were you, I'll let her know what I have i mind now. That doesn't mean you shouldn't wish her well in the new relationship. Infact try as much as possible to plan the wedding alongside the family. She'll always respect you in life, and you never can tell, anything can happen between now and april. .
Re: I Loved Her From A Distance But Now She's Getting Married! by slimyem: 8:22am On Jan 26, 2012
aint nothing you can do about this one already.let her go.
You'll find another diamond someday if you set your heart to it.
Goodluck!
Re: I Loved Her From A Distance But Now She's Getting Married! by Tosinville(m): 9:30am On Jan 26, 2012
Chimezie198 <<< Mr.cork wannabe
Re: I Loved Her From A Distance But Now She's Getting Married! by Goldieluks: 9:40am On Jan 26, 2012
Awww, OP listen to Slimyem's advise. E go better!
Re: I Loved Her From A Distance But Now She's Getting Married! by sleekcm(m): 9:41am On Jan 26, 2012
@sexkillz,that's some bollocking man, points noted,thnx. @slimyem,true but it coulda bn different and diamonds like her are very rare.
Re: I Loved Her From A Distance But Now She's Getting Married! by Chimezie198(m): 10:40am On Jan 26, 2012
Tosinville:

Chimezie198 <<< Mr.cork wannabe
Na who come be Mr.cork?
Re: I Loved Her From A Distance But Now She's Getting Married! by Mynd44: 7:51pm On Jan 26, 2012
Guy there is noting you can do again. Move on with your life and learn from this
Re: I Loved Her From A Distance But Now She's Getting Married! by ronkebp(f): 7:55pm On Jan 26, 2012
Acidosis:

If I were you, I'll let her know what I have i mind now. That doesn't mean you shouldn't wish her well in the new relationship. Infact try as much as possible to plan the wedding alongside the family. She'll always respect you in life, and you never can tell, anything can happen between now and april. .

Love that!!!!!
Re: I Loved Her From A Distance But Now She's Getting Married! by tellwisdom: 7:58pm On Jan 26, 2012
strupidd angry angry Letting her go without touching her yansh angry angry
Re: I Loved Her From A Distance But Now She's Getting Married! by Mynd44: 9:14pm On Jan 26, 2012
What is with you and ynashing no?
Re: I Loved Her From A Distance But Now She's Getting Married! by Vansnickers: 10:35pm On Jan 26, 2012
tellwisdom:

strupidd angry angry Letting her go without touching her yansh angry angry
undecided undecided
Re: I Loved Her From A Distance But Now She's Getting Married! by freecocoa(f): 10:43pm On Jan 26, 2012
That's why delay is dangerous.
Re: I Loved Her From A Distance But Now She's Getting Married! by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jan 26, 2012
Why you dull yourself before?
Don't EVER slack when it comes to letting a girl you want know how you feel. Tell her and let her know earlier so that when dem ring-niggas start knocking up on her door, she at least HAS THE FACTS in hand to consider that you want her and doesn't have to be doing guess-work. It's hard enough for women to make decisions when she has certainty of the facts, talkless of when there is no certainty. She will simply go with the facts on hand that the nigga giving her the ring now is the one that actually wants her.

Hope you learn from this  undecided
NEVER dull yourself.
Re: I Loved Her From A Distance But Now She's Getting Married! by sleekcm(m): 11:43pm On Jan 26, 2012
Hey tellwisdom,i cldn't do that to her,never man. It was just too pure a love to be stained. Last we spoke she said she thought we had a thing, but i guess i "dulled". Dnt think am gonna keep this inside,i'll just let her know,doesn't really matter if she goes ahead with d wedding,gotta let it burn.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Your Boyfriend Love You More / Guys what will you do? / A Fool In Love... Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.