Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,482 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of (23889 Views)

Aftermath Of The Boko Haram Terror In Borno Yesterday (Graphic Pictures) / Pics Of The Boko Haram Members Killed Today & The Foreign Currency Recovered / Boko Haram Story Will Change In Two Weeks – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by deols(f): 10:53am On Jan 27, 2012
frosbel:

I will always be a bigot , and thanks to that.

A bigot who hits the nail on the head.

I also want you to add another adjective to that title you and your friends have given me, call it the 'politically uncorrect Bigot '. Sounds a bit better  grin

And yes, in the news, on the television, from personal witness accounts, they did shout God is great !!

oya, tell us d solution u av in mind
nagoma:

[b]@frosbel[/b]You are are absolutely right frosbel, but problems cannot be solved by emotions but by taking practical decisions that can bring a lasting if not permanent solutions. Whether dialogue is more likely  to bring permanent solution than total all out war is for the government to decide. I initially hated Mandela for agreeing to share government with the whites in SA but I have learnt so much from the wisdom of our beloved Madiba. I am not sure if Bush has solved the problem of terrorism by his no negotion stand.
u av some points there. Even if boko haram was never a victim. To bring about peace, we may need to think dialogue afterall, force has not yield any again

nasty45:

@deols i'l advise to go bk to that pesn's page and c d comments that are there. IN SHORT,THE OWNER OF THAT FB ACCT IS A BOKO HARAM SPONSOR.U AD BETA EXPOSE HIS ADDY NW.TRANSPARENCY IS AL WE ASKIN OF.
and are u d gvnmnt or the Nigerian police? U'd need to try harder. The above is lame
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by Nobody: 10:56am On Jan 27, 2012
shabbie:

The government will never learn. Violence does not and will not stop violence.
When the agitation of MEND started in Niger Delta, it was peaceful and sensible. But the government chose to respond by killing their leader and tried to exterminate  the then "peaceful" group with Violence.  (remember ODI)
They regrouped and targeted innocent people till the government "dialogue" with them and there came peace.

Same thing happened with OPC, government went out ruthless; the police and soldiers as usual their tool. What stopped the menace of OPC? Dialogue.

The government has gone the same route with violence and injustice again; even pastors are "releasing insanity" on them.
Cant we just learn that two wrong don't make a right and dialogue with these people, listen to their grievances and stop the needless killing on both sides.

I call this wrong analysis.

The Niger Delta militants were not killing innocent people, but military personnel.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by LagosBoi2(m): 11:01am On Jan 27, 2012
ProudUSA:

Back in the day, the CIA is suspected by many today to have created alQaeda to keep the Bush administration in office after it was claimed he never actually won the elections to his first term in office.

True enough, alQaeda worked more for the administration's office than anything else. Whenever the US had economic woes or lost troops in Iraq, rather than celebrating the losses of their "enemies", alQaeda would do a strange thing - they would instead go out and bomb Iraqis in a market place for no good reason.
What, they had so many bombs they didn't know what to do with them? I would have thought explosives and ammunition would be too expensive to waste on such targets,

The Mubarak regime tried to quell anti-government protests by attacking protesters then we had news of churches being bombed. That failed because it led to muslim and christian unity which still brought the regime down. To cover their tracks, Mubarak's secret services and police went on to burn down their own offices and secret documents (notably those related to the "war on terror"wink.

Oh, where was Mubarak getting help from - US allies (e.g. CIA):

http://leaksource./2011/02/06/brainwashing-and-terror-versus-the-egypt-people/

http://sarthanapalos./2011/02/02/mubarak-state-sponsored-terrorism-against-his-people/

Today economic woes and failing military power has the US and much of Europe on a downward trend to ruin.

One way to sustain themselves a little longer is through Africa because that's where there still exists a vast majority of raw resources vital for feeding rich countries of the world so they can maintain their lifestyles.
With China's increasing role in Africa, however, offering fair enough services and technology in exchange for resources, the business of getting free stuff from African leaders then not paying, by claiming their countries owed huge debts to be settled this way, just got harder.
So it seems, the bullying military tactics are being employed. That way with Africans being trick into a phoney war on terror, they'd have to give up resources in exchange for perceived security from the 'experts'.

Think about it, the value of the dollar is going down around the world, what currency do governments and militants use in purchasing arms and ammunition (which are not cheap)? Dollars.

You can say oh that's fine weapons are coming from Libya. Where did Libya get them from, what did the Libyans use to pay for them and who destroyed the Libyan security system to get these weapons flowing out to more customers?

Daily Trading Analysis - Weakness in US dollar continues: http://www.fxstreet.com/fundamental/analysis-reports/daily-trading-analysis-/2012/01/26/07/

[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1GtcrVOYDw[/flash]

Now what do we see in Nigeria?
There's this urgent need to create a group nicknamed boko haram and use it in the news media and politics to create as much unease as possible until the US and other come back to the rescue in a new colonial gesture.
If the group is said to be linked to alQaeda, then it is another way of telling you you it is linked to the CIA (and their tactics already match those of staged attacks for the media killing innocents in the process - destroy public infrastructure to reduce development in an area, kill innocents, assassinate learned people or critics, toy with the media).
Given their operations and numerous escapes, it is beginning to look like members of this group are being given authority to act with orders from up above somewhere prevent the Nigerian security services and army from hindering their activities.
It makes very little sense for the president of a country to be making statements to the international press about links of his government to militants then again ask for them to identify themselves for dialogue. Your ex-president Obasanjo seems to have better security and information to be able to travel and meet with members of the group.

It seems there was an attempt to use the issue to divide Nigerians according to region or religion (aiming for conflicts like those in South Sudan today, a smaller region with more weapons flowing into it - plus it has oil, wooohooo) but it backfired with protest uniting them instead. This appears to have changed the strategy towards Nigeria and boko haram's demands had to be adjusted accordingly.
The media is used to control people as well, even today an extremely large number of people outside Nigeria have absolutely no clue about protests earlier this month in Nigeria because news outlets like the BBC for instance refused to cover the protests in international news (they only made a few references to it afterwards and will probably proceed to lecture you on why it "failed" to them). However, they are more than ready to dedicate top headlines to boko haram attacks and YouTube videos.

What happened with the UN and the likes of Hilary Clinton and William Hague going on about governments respecting protesters human rights and ensuring people have basic amenities? They were quiet about Nigeria protests and only "condemn" boko haram attacks. Ask me, they know who boko haram are because they probably back them.

http://www.abusites.com/news/read/index.php?art=179

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/12710/2012/01/09/protest_muslim_youths_guard_churches.html

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dhOi46xX-s[/flash]

Nigerians, however, seem to be slowly breaking out of the colonial mentality their ancestors were brought up with despite their constant bickering. What they need to focus on now is developing their countries because if you sit back and wait for the Americans or anyone else to do your work for you, you will be left with more explosions (many exaggerated to bombs in the news) trying to destroy what you already have in the name of terrorism and the need to pay for outside security.
Your enemies will do their best against you so you have to do your best for yourselves now.
If all the boko haraming doesn't break you, your president has to beware because he has given up his security and life to the CIA/Mossad and if they decide he is no longer of any use to them or a security threat,  (Saddam, Gaddafi, Mubarak and Saleh of Yemen used to be their friends as well remember?).

Pray for the best.

GBAM !!! I HOPE THERE IS A WAY WE CAN OPEN SOME PEOPLE'S BRAIN AND PUT SOME NIGERIAN REASONING INTO IT AND REMOVE THEIR WESTERN IDIOTIC IDEOLOGY.  THEY BELIEVE IN THE FIRST PLACE THE WESTERNERS WANTS THE BEST FOR THEM "DIRTY REASONING" I LOVE THE LEADERSHIP OF  IRAN, VENEZUELA, CUBA, BOLIVIA, CHINA , INDIA , QATAR AND SOME OTHERS, THAT IS WHY THEY ARE EXCLUSIVELY BETTER THAN NIGERIA.

SOMEONE JUST TOLD YOU THE FACT AND THE ROOTS OF THE B-H PROBLEMS, INSTEAD OF LEARNING FROM IT AND BRINGING UP A SOLUTION YOU ARE ATTACKING THE MESSENGER, WE HAVE MANY AMERICANS THAT HAVE ANTI-AMERICAN IDEOLOGY, THEY KNOW QUITE WELL THAT THEIR COUNTRIES FOREIGN POLICY IS A MESS AND YOU ARE JUST THERE YEARNING SHIITS, FORCE WILL NEVER SOLVE THE B-H PROBLEM IT WILL ONLY ESCALATE IT.

U.S vs AL-QUEDA, OK TELL ME WHO THE WINNER IS?  FIGHTING GOES ON
U.S vs TALIBAN,    WHO WIN?                                       THEY ARE NOW NEGOTIATING WITH THEM AFTER YEARS OF PROPAGANDA WAR
U.S in IRAQ,          THEY LEFT THE COUNTRY IN A MESS.
I can continue to count, MILITARY ACTIONS ONLY ESCALATES CONFLICTS IT NEVER SOLVES IT.

JONATHAN - GO AHEAD AND NEGOTIATE AND REFORM YOUR POLICE/ARMY TO REDUCE THE MADNESS WITHIN, DON'T LISTEN TO THOSE WHO WANTS YOU TO KEEP FIGHTING YOUR PEOPLE TO SERVE THEIR OWN DEADLY INTEREST. LISTEN TO NIGERIANS ALONE, WE ARE ALSO INTELLECTUALS.

THANK YOU
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by tbaba1234: 11:02am On Jan 27, 2012
frosbel:

Their problems were with the police and not the people.

If they attacked the police, government infrastructure and officials alone, though this is still not acceptable , then at least the people can have a basis for understanding.

But the leader of Boko Haram himself orchestrated massacres of non-muslims at the intial stages of their madness.

After that , even Muslims were not spared.

Are you seriously trying to justify their killing of innocent people, who are going about their day to day business , oblivious to the dangerous sect that lurks around the corner with their diabolical intentions  

There is no discussion or dialogue with Terrorists, that was the only one Geroge Bush got right !!

No one is trying to justify their actions,

Funny, you talk about Bush,  his campaign in Iraq was a major recruiting tool for extremists,
You can not win this war by just sending in the army, It doesn't work, the more people(including the innocent) you kill, the more anger you build, the more reprisals attacks you get and more innocent people die.

We have to be smart about the way, we handle this, Intelligence is always a better route to go, the government has to think of a way to isolate the hard-core members of the group and offer some justice to everyone that has been affected. This will involve some kind of negotiation.

A lasting peace will not come by trying to outgun BH.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by sheyguy: 11:03am On Jan 27, 2012
The original post is a load of 'sheet'. Stuff like this shld never make it to the Nl frontpage, whoever wrote the article didn't not include the timeline of the BH attacks and relate them to his piece of 'sheet'.
I see desperation allover the piece 'sheety' write up.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by nasty45(m): 11:03am On Jan 27, 2012
So now u cant bring forth the pesn's fb contact.COWARD SEEKIN SYMPATHY FOR BOKO BIGOTS.UR SYMPATHY FOR THEM WIL ONLY FALL ON DEAF EARS.PLS KINDLY PROVIDE THE PESN'S FB CONTACT, THANK U
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by uddukes: 11:04am On Jan 27, 2012
There is a fundamental missing link in the article,which is the ignoble role religion have always played in Northern Nigeria for decades( e-g Modu sheriff quickly appionted mohammed fugu as commisioner to curry favour of the sect.).The truth of the matter is until politicians in the north untangle politics from religion we would always have religious upheavals.The introduction of sharia in 2000 by gov Yerima of Zamfara (to spite obasanjo) might be blamed for the guts of mohammed Yusuf to ask for the establishment of an Islamic state in a secular country where religion is a personal matter and not state controlled.
Northern politicians should now look back and see if this political strategy have not done them more harm than good.The north is speedily sliding backwards everyday.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by nagoma(m): 11:06am On Jan 27, 2012
@DRANOEL
yusuf was preaching against western ideals,alcholism,semi Unclad dressing etc which means he was preaching "hate" against the young christian graduate who after a hard days work at the office changes to his comfortable jeans and polo top relaxes at a cool spot for a bottle of beer while transacting some more business on his "black berry".
if at all you have lived in northern nigeria you would know that such preaching ends up being the genesis of religious crisis! yar'adua knowing pretty well what such hate preaching does to the highly uneducated muslim youths responded with a heavy hand (which i must add i fully support)
wasn't it a cartoon in far away netherlands that caused mayhem in nigeria? talkless of the "hate" preaching yusuf was spreading.
if yusuf believed things were wrong with "western education" he should have kept that with his god,self and family and allowed the rest of us some breathing space!

Agreed man , unfotunately he didn't and killing him extra-judicially did not solve the problem. so what next? GEJ is in a hurry to get on with the business of governance.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by deols(f): 11:08am On Jan 27, 2012
frosbel:

The Niger Delta militants were not killing innocent people, but military personnel.

many innocent people died.
DRANOEL:

@deols

yusuf was preaching against western ideals,alcholism,semi Unclad dressing etc which means he was preaching "hate" against the young christian graduate who after a hard days work at the office changes to his comfortable jeans and polo top relaxes at a cool spot for a bottle of beer while transacting some more business on his "black berry".

if at all you have lived in northern nigeria you would know that such preaching ends up being the genesis of religious crisis! yar'adua knowing pretty well what such hate preaching does to the highly uneducated muslim youths responded with a heavy hand (which i must add i fully support)
wasn't it a cartoon in far away netherlands that caused mayhem in nigeria? talkless of the "hate" preaching yusuf was spreading.

if yusuf believed things were wrong with "western education" he should have kept that with his god,self and family and allowed the rest of us some breathing space!

but u'd agree they could have been taken to court and undergone trial. The government of Nigeria should desist from using force against civilians. Look @ d pple killed during the fuel subsidy protests. Who knows which of their families is planning a revenge. Our leaders need to be civil when dealing wv us and we may learn to do same. Still, the killings are not justified.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by nagoma(m): 11:15am On Jan 27, 2012
@Uddukes
There is a fundamental missing link in the article,which is the ignoble role religion have always played in Northern Nigeria for decades( e-g Modu sheriff quickly appionted mohammed fugu as commisioner to curry favour of the sect.).The truth of the matter is until politicians in the north untangle politics from religion we would always have religious upheavals.The introduction of sharia in 2000 by gov Yerima of Zamfara (to spite obasanjo) might be blamed for the guts of mohammed Yusuf to ask for the establishment of an Islamic state in a secular country where religion is a personal matter and not state controlled.
Northern politicians should now look back and see if this political strategy have not done them more harm than good.The north is speedily sliding backwards everyday.

I am in full agreement about your observation, the north should heed. But GEJ's presidential  campaign was the most religiouly divisive campaign in the history of Nigeria. All the churches bacame PDP flatforms. My Ugandan friend(a devout christian) living and working in Nigeria  postponed going to church until the election was over. He said that he tried a number of churches but all the Pastors would preach about was  GEJ's annointment by God to be Nigeria's president.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by shabbie(m): 11:23am On Jan 27, 2012
frosbel:

The Military men that were ambused in Odi on the way back from peace mission in Liberia were innocent. The Kidnapped people were innocent and several others.

My point is what solved the problem? Dialogue. simples.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by Onyocha: 11:27am On Jan 27, 2012
frosbel:

Thank you !!

But this is not an emotional thing firstly.

Secondly ,to compare this Boko Haram killing spree to the ANC fight for freedom is the most unbelievable thing I have heard so far in 2012.

The ANC targeted the South African soilders and police. They were not killing innocent people.

Dialgue was possible because Mandela chose to follow the path of peace, imagine what would have happened , if Mandela had a Boko Haram mentality with their silly list of demands, such as Sharia for the entire North and destruction of all churches.

SMH
[b]
"frosbel" the hate-monger,the christian boko haramist on nairaland (and may be beyond) is seeking hard to still bring religion into the issue.before,even when boko haram sneezes and spread germs,it is islam that is responsible.now seeing the real story we know that boko haram started first by killing muslim scholars and among them who have now gone into hiding.

you keep telling us boko haram wants sharia for the entire north.you want to make it look like the muslims are trying to impose islam.if truly boko haram wants this,then both you and boko haram have the same mentality and outlook.both of you are blinded by hate and arrogance.boko haram obviously wants their own "sharia".that is not the sharia i believe muslims follow.and in case you "frosbel" is as blind as boko haram,i should let you know that there is already sharia law in the north.so this isn't about sharia.this is about boko haram demands.stop trying to create more religious division.from your posts on nairaland especially the ones in the religion forum,i can sense that you are very wicked and hateful against others.you would be the type that will not employ people if their religion is not like yours.

as for the OP,what boko haram has done is unjustified by killing innocent people and attacking churches.those innocent worshippers should not have died.they dont deserve that.what the police too has done and the army and the government was wrong.Nigerians should bring the government into account for extra-judicial killings.this is not acceptable in democracy where the right of people must be protected.the reality of the irresponsible ways the police and government handled the boko haram issue should be condemned.today it is boko haram,tomorrow who will the president who is in a democracy give command to "finish off" like yaradua did with boko haram in an extra-judicial manner?we know also how the police waste the lives of young men on the streets for 20 naira bribe.so even though the boko haram acts are condemned and unjustified,what the government has also done must be condemned.i am not seeking justice for boko haram but justice for nigeria and for all of us.if we dont deal with issues justly,then the injustice can come back to hunt us.injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere.[/b]
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by deols(f): 11:29am On Jan 27, 2012
uddukes:

well, dr's no way of separating religion from governance yet especially in northern Nigeria. If truly democracy is by d pple and their religion is their way of life, the link is expected to be strong.

Rather than this, I'd campaign for mass education. I really am disappointed in northern governors whom after 12 yrs of democracy cant already put every child in school. We will continue to av ds kind of unrest if special attention is not given to the almajiris.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by DRANOEL(m): 11:30am On Jan 27, 2012
@deols

you don't go to a gunfight with a knife!
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by ImaIma1(f): 11:38am On Jan 27, 2012
wow!!! i missed out

@ Deols whtever was done 2 them in the past, whatever pity we wld hv had for the unjust actions done against them in d past has been completely wiped off by their insane murdering of people that know nothing abt their issue wit d authorities

they are just a bunch of irrational people. it wld hv bn better to separate them, with ALL their muslim brothers and sisters and let them practise their sharia without problems in their own country.

we need peace in Nigeria and they are bloody well making that impossible to achieve.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by wizard010(m): 11:43am On Jan 27, 2012
Hmm, I trusted my 9ja peeps, I swear some of you didn't even read the post completely Ãήϑ you're busy making stupid comments, lol

@OP I didn't heard this before. So nice piece anyway!
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 27, 2012
Onyocha:

"frosbel" the hate-monger,the christian boko haramist on nairaland (and may be beyond) is seeking hard to still bring religion into the issue.before,even when boko haram sneezes and spread germs,it is islam that is responsible.now seeing the real story we know that boko haram started first by killing muslim scholars and among them who have now gone into hiding.

They do it in the name of their version of ISLAM , stop being daft !!!

you keep telling us boko haram wants sharia for the entire north.you want to make it look like the muslims are trying to impose islam.if truly boko haram wants this,then both you and boko haram have the same mentality and outlook.both of you are blinded by hate and arrogance.boko haram obviously wants their own "sharia".that is not the sharia i believe muslims follow.and in case you "frosbel" is as blind as boko haram,i should let you know that there is already sharia law in the north.so this isn't about sharia.this is about boko haram demands.stop trying to create more religious division.from your posts on nairaland especially the ones in the religion forum.

hahahaha  grin grin grin grin grin

I can sense some anger here.

Anyway to the point, where have you been recently , do you read papers or even watch the news.

They asked for Sharia in the North not me, so next time think before you spew your angry tirades at me.

Your blaming me for religious division is so laughable were it not such a silly assessment.

I might be a Christian 'boko haram' but I do not go about disemboweling pregnant women, killing children and innocents , causing grieve among men.

Next time , before you comment , make sure your thinking hat is ON.  grin

i can sense that you are very wicked and hateful against others.you would be the type that will not employ people if their religion is not like yours.[

But you have to admit, not as wicked as your Boko Haram pals.  grin
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 27, 2012
Lagos_Boi:

GBAM !!! I HOPE THERE IS A WAY WE CAN OPEN SOME PEOPLE'S BRAIN AND PUT SOME NIGERIAN REASONING INTO IT AND REMOVE THEIR WESTERN IDIOTIC IDEOLOGY.  THEY BELIEVE IN THE FIRST PLACE THE WESTERNERS WANTS THE BEST FOR THEM "DIRTY REASONING" I LOVE THE LEADERSHIP OF  IRAN, VENEZUELA, CUBA, BOLIVIA, CHINA , INDIA , QATAR AND SOME OTHERS, THAT IS WHY THEY ARE EXCLUSIVELY BETTER THAN NIGERIA.

SOMEONE JUST TOLD YOU THE FACT AND THE ROOTS OF THE B-H PROBLEMS, INSTEAD OF LEARNING FROM IT AND BRINGING UP A SOLUTION YOU ARE ATTACKING THE MESSENGER, WE HAVE MANY AMERICANS THAT HAVE ANTI-AMERICAN IDEOLOGY, THEY KNOW QUITE WELL THAT THEIR COUNTRIES FOREIGN POLICY IS A MESS AND YOU ARE JUST THERE YEARNING SHIITS, FORCE WILL NEVER SOLVE THE B-H PROBLEM IT WILL ONLY ESCALATE IT.

U.S vs AL-QUEDA, OK TELL ME WHO THE WINNER IS?  FIGHTING GOES ON
U.S vs TALIBAN,    WHO WIN?                                       THEY ARE NOW NEGOTIATING WITH THEM AFTER YEARS OF PROPAGANDA WAR
U.S in IRAQ,          THEY LEFT THE COUNTRY IN A MESS.
I can continue to count, MILITARY ACTIONS ONLY ESCALATES CONFLICTS IT NEVER SOLVES IT.

JONATHAN - GO AHEAD AND NEGOTIATE AND REFORM YOUR POLICE/ARMY TO REDUCE THE MADNESS WITHIN, DON'T LISTEN TO THOSE WHO WANTS YOU TO KEEP FIGHTING YOUR PEOPLE TO SERVE THEIR OWN DEADLY INTEREST. LISTEN TO NIGERIANS ALONE, WE ARE ALSO INTELLECTUALS.

THANK YOU

Oh please , spare us the trouble of reading this nonsense !!
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by logica(m): 11:47am On Jan 27, 2012
A sect that agitates for Islamization of Nigeria cannot claim to be "peaceful" because that in itself is a declaration of war. Only a Muslim Northerner can view such an entity as "peaceful". Besides we know how much peace countries around the world are experiencing as their governments are engaged in one war or another with the proponents of the "religion of peace". By the way, what is more peaceful than a dead body? I suppose that's what they mean by "peaceful religion"?
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by oge4real(f): 11:48am On Jan 27, 2012
This is just tales by moonlight. Too late to cry when the head is off jare.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by deols(f): 11:53am On Jan 27, 2012
DRANOEL:

@deols

you don't go to a gunfight with a knife!
ok
Ima Ima:

wow!!! i missed out

@ Deols whtever was done 2 them in the past, whatever pity we wld hv had for the unjust actions done against them in d past has been completely wiped off by their insane murdering of people that know nothing abt their issue wit d authorities

they are just a bunch of irrational people. it wld hv bn better to separate them, with ALL their muslim brothers and sisters and let them practise their sharia without problems in their own country.

we need peace in Nigeria and they are bloody well making that impossible to achieve.

their brothers and sisters How possible is that. Ur suggestion will cause more wahala than the present one
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by odunjoy1(m): 11:54am On Jan 27, 2012
BOKO-HARAM MAY BE FIGHTING FOR A JUST CAUSE, BUT SHEDDING INNOCENT BLOOD IS NOT D SOLUTION,
DIS SECT KNOW  PEOPLE 'CABAL' DISTURBING DIS COUNTRY WHY DIDNT DEY GO TO THEIR RESPECTIVE HOUSES
AND GIVE DEM JUDGEMENT, BUT EVEN D BIBLE SAYS, JUDGEMENT IS MINE, LEAVE IT FOR ME,
BUT ONE THING I BELIEVE IS DAT GOD WILL FIGHT FOR OUR CAUSE
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 27, 2012
odun joy:

BOKO-HARAM MAY BE FIGHTING FOR A JUST CAUSE, BUT SHEDDING INNOCENT BLOOD IS NOT D SOLUTION,
DIS SECT KNOW  PEOPLE 'CABAL' DISTURBING DIS COUNTRY WHY DIDNT DEY GO TO THEIR RESPECTIVE HOUSES
AND GIVE DEM JUDGEMENT, BUT EVEN D BIBLE SAYS, JUDGEMENT IS MINE, LEAVE IT FOR ME,
BUT ONE THING I BELIEVE IS DAT GOD WILL FIGHT FOR OUR CAUSE

Muhahaha grin grin grin grin grin

Just cause Ko , Just cause Ni
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by ImaIma1(f): 12:00pm On Jan 27, 2012
@onyocha.it is indeed a religious issue. boko haram made it religious when dey started bombing churches.

wht dis islamic fanatics shld understand is that we r not all muslims in Nigeria and they cnt force their blivs down our throats.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by PointB: 12:19pm On Jan 27, 2012
@Op
The article is very mischievous and indeed economical with the truth and timeline.

Before Yusuf was killed boko haram adherents were on rampage attacking police stations and churches with dangerous weapons. They practically made their part of world violent and unstable. I don't also agree that the police provoked their attacks by killing boko haram members on a funeral procession for not wearing helmet. There is more to it. If you asked me, knowing the mentally of Islamic sects, i would say they actually attacked the police first, who then acted in self defence.

Islamic sects are known to use violent to promote their agenda, so killing their leader is just a convenient excuse for them to continue what they are well known for.

On this note, I don't agree that government should dialogue with them for provoking the attacks. They should lay down their weapons and surrender themselves for trial for innocent citizens they have killed in cold blood.

the killers of their leader are currently undergoing trials as we know. So they have no basis to continue their murderous rampage!
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by shabbie(m): 12:23pm On Jan 27, 2012
@frosbel

You sit behind the screen of a computer putting down other people's suggestion towards a peace and yet you haven't offered one.
Suggest one yourself mate.

How hypocritical of you, You have Jesus in your bio, but you are not making an effort to be Christ-like. Shoul i blame you? No. When a pastor can say christians should carry weapons too.

The Poster Doels, posted a side of the story, a percieved Genesis of the whole issue' which made it clear there was a mistake in the handling of the issue.
I will tell you something from the bible, "The devil started out as an Angel"
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by maasoap(m): 12:23pm On Jan 27, 2012
Prolong war on the so called terrorist groups has so far successfully achieved one thing worldwide: left economy of a nation fighting it in a mess. USA almost went bankrupt last year as a result of war on terror, the debt ceiling had to be raised, temporary solution. This is a country that was once economically buoyant before war on terror campaign, is this country that we're calling upon to come and rescue us? There is no need for us to permanently institutionalise terrorism in Nigeria by taking hard stance approach. Let's call and listen to them first. Simple approach. But the fear of Islamising Nigeria are making some Nigerians uncomfortable this idea.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by maasoap(m): 12:26pm On Jan 27, 2012
Prolong war on the so called terrorist groups has so far successfully achieved one thing worldwide: left economy of a nation fighting it in a mess. USA almost went bankrupt last year as a result of war on terror, the debt ceiling had to be raised, temporary solution. This is a country that was once economically buoyant before war on terror campaign, is this country that we're calling upon to come and rescue us? There is no need for us to permanently institutionalise terrorism in Nigeria by taking hard stance approach. Let's call and listen to them first. Simple approach. But the fear of Islamising Nigeria are making some Nigerians uncomfortable this idea.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 27, 2012
shabbie:

@frosbel

You sit behind the screen of a computer putting down other people's suggestion towards a peace and yet you haven't offered one.
Suggest one yourself mate.

How hypocritical of you, You have Jesus in your bio, but you are not making an effort to be Christ-like. Shoul i blame you? No. When a pastor can say christians should carry weapons too.

The Poster Doels, posted a side of the story, a percieved Genesis of the whole issue' which made it clear there was a mistake in the handling of the issue.
I will tell you something from the bible, "The devil started out as an Angel"

The pastor was speaking for himself not for me, I have not called anyone to arms, and never will.

Now we are talking here about the killing of almost 1000 people and you are advocating that they are freed and pardoned  undecided undecided

What about the bereaved families.

Anyway my suggestion is :

1. Kill the source , by which I mean prevent further recruitment. This will be achieved by talks with local imams , family heads and then providing them with incentives and a proper education on the cons of such behaviour to enable them make more informed and civil choices.

2. Arrest the current members who were responsible for the murders

3. Pardon the rest

4. Then talks can start , but on what basis, you tell me.
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by justwise(m): 12:30pm On Jan 27, 2012
maasoap:

Prolong war on the so called terrorist groups has so far successfully achieved one thing worldwide: left economy of a nation fighting it in a mess. USA almost went bankrupt last year as a result of war on terror, the debt ceiling had to be raised, temporary solution. This is a country that was once economically buoyant before war on terror campaign, is this country that we're calling upon to come and rescue us? There is no need for us to permanently institutionalise terrorism in Nigeria by taking hard stance approach. [b]Let's call and listen to them first. [/b]Simple approach. But the fear of Islamising Nigeria are making some Nigerians uncomfortable this idea.

About what? Stopping Western Education? Islamising Nigeria? Can we meet their demands?
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by ImaIma1(f): 12:31pm On Jan 27, 2012
deols:

ok
their brothers and sisters How possible is that. Ur suggestion will cause more wahala than the present one

how will it cause more problems?pls explain

they bliv in the same Allah and are muslims.their pple defend them. pls explain
Re: The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of by tpia5: 12:35pm On Jan 27, 2012
i havent read the write up yet, but nothing justifies these bombings.

boko haram is blaming theirs on religion.

what is MEND blaming theirs on?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Everybody Is Hungry, Including Me - Amaechi / APC NWC Counters Adamu, Aligns With Northern Governors On Power Shift / Czech Offers Scholarship To Wife Of Airforce Officer Killed By Boko Haram.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.