Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk (13350 Views)

Don’t Scrap Amnesty Programme —ex IYC President Urges FG / Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come And Talk / Beninoise President Urges Jonathan To Include Country As 37th State Of Nig. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by PeeDaVinci: 5:01pm On Jan 26, 2012
i may be wrong, but from what i have observed, boko haram is not a group anymore, but an ideology. it is not like an organised association with a leadership structure that tells them wat to do, bh consists of random group of pple who just delight in killing just for the sake of religion (and maybe, politics). that is why u find different pple claiming to be members of bh issuing different/contrasting statements. leaders of various splinter groups of bh exploit the (psychological ) vulnerability of their sympathizers for their own selfish gains (religion and politics)

u can't negotiate with them coz they ve got no leadership. what jonathan needs to do in the short run is to discredit bh in the communities they are operating by buying (no with money) the allegiance and confidence of the community leaders, the talakawas, the street urchins, the jobless, the almajiris, alfas
in the long run education and economic empowerment may be the key
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by LEXYLOV: 5:08pm On Jan 26, 2012
Fellow Nigerian, Have you hear your president? Can anyone here on this forum give an example of any leader in the world that have publicly ask for round table negotiation with the terrorists? Nigerian military was graded as one of the best in west Africa thus unable to engaged with a common domestic terrorist. shocked shocked shocked, How can this man fight corruption cabals, or take a bold decision that will change the country situation for good ? Oh my God. Is this a president or an interim caretaker? Yet some nonentity will be supporting him. It's time to ask for revolution to wipe out this clueless administration and get a competent government. angry
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by CuteTj(m): 5:10pm On Jan 26, 2012
@Peedavinci, before the Government gets to buy the confidence of these people you mentioned hundreds of people will have been killed more.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by CuteTj(m): 5:13pm On Jan 26, 2012
@dilluminati, i know but me omitting that they attacked WTC was an error.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by john6006: 5:16pm On Jan 26, 2012
The Blood of The Innocent People Who are  Killed , Will  always  Judge  your conscience Because You Fail To Save Life's.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by doctokwus: 5:16pm On Jan 26, 2012
So if they come out,GEJ will forgive them their murders of innocent women,children.Did ND wage war against innocent people? Why don't he also tell armed robbers who av killed to also come out& talk so as to b given pardon.Saying he is clueless is elevating cluelessness to an exalted position,this man just aint himself
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by clubone05: 5:23pm On Jan 26, 2012
The president and CIC of the federal republic of Nigeria, does not negotiate with terrorist, you bloody bastard, get some balls, sack every security chief, grind results out of everybody, stop being a sisi, u bloody fool,
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by Fhemmmy: 5:25pm On Jan 26, 2012
But i thought i read somewhere where GEJ said he will crush the Boko Haram . . . Now he wanna talk?
Which do we blv?
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by nagoma(m): 5:26pm On Jan 26, 2012
Why is this man talking like this. who are the boko haram that he's calling for dialogue? Mr GEJ, build strong your people. Give them sophisticated weapon. If feww people can sponsor boko haram, why can't the whole government of the whole nation and billions of able security men and women in the nation not armed with weapon to fight against this dreaded group. They are nothing but blood sucking demones who do not want to see human being. which table will you invite to come and sit for discussion? Becareful.

You and people with similar opinions are not interested in peace.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by nasty45(m): 5:29pm On Jan 26, 2012
"We will dialogue, let us know
your problems and we will
solve your problem but if they
don't identify themselves, who
will you dialogue with?"
GEJ MAKES ME LAF,I THOUGHT THIS GUYS SAY THEY WANT AN ISLAMIC NORTH.WHAT ELSE DOES E INTEND THEM TO SAY.HE SHD B CAUTIOUS OF SAYIN HE'L GRANT THEM THEIR WISH
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by nagoma(m): 5:32pm On Jan 26, 2012
@Olodostein
As one born and bred in the epicenter of Core Northern Nigeria. I saw how everything unfolded in my own eyes. There has always been an undergoing radicalization and indoctrination process in this part of Nigeria. The Northern elites didn't help matters either when they left majority of their people uneducated to have their own independent minds and virtually uncared for. Was it a deliberate policy by these elites to remote control them whenever they wish, to use them as political tools when and if necessary? Is it part of their culture to look down on the downtrodden instead of give them the ladder to climb up? Their governors get revenues, what do they do with it?  These are questions that needs concrete answers.  

Olodo is goin on and on like a broken gramphone record boasting of his knowledge of Northern Nigeria. A knowledge I find meagre and unsatisfactory as he is unable to make serious positive contributions for the way forward.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by success4(m): 5:32pm On Jan 26, 2012
Wonder shall never end!
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by PeeDaVinci: 5:36pm On Jan 26, 2012
CuteTj:

@Peedavinci, before the Government gets to buy the confidence of these people you mentioned hundreds of people will have been killed more.

asking abt how to buy their trust of these pple

1) common man in the north trust the alfas, imams, islamic scholars etc. start with those , meet with those ones (not in aso rock, though), get those ones on ur side, and make them preach against bh, make them renounce killing of innocent, promise them some leverages (which he should fulfil) wrt their influence and freedom. use the media extensively to preach peace, bring their pple-trusted community leaders on air to preach peace
2) still apply force with maximum restriction, give pple the benefit of doubt
3) intelligience , intelligience , intelligience gathering is important
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by Muktar05(m): 5:38pm On Jan 26, 2012
success4:

Wonder shall never end!
There's no big deal bros.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by otokx(m): 5:40pm On Jan 26, 2012
This is real falling of hands
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by uddukes: 5:43pm On Jan 26, 2012
Presido jona dont bother yourself the group is destined to destroy themselves and their sponsors.one of their chief sponsor have finally given up on contesting knowing that boko haram have finally buried the core north ability to win any election in nigeria for decades to come.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by ismhab(m): 5:45pm On Jan 26, 2012
Mr. President, is now that u are talking, stop following the advise of americans, they will lead u no where, they talking to talibans in afghanistan but they don't want u to talk to boko haram boyz.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by Beaf: 6:00pm On Jan 26, 2012
This is the backdrop to the Presidents statement:

[size=14pt]The police source said on Thursday that suspected members of Boko Haram had reached out to the police for potential dialogue, with the emir of Kano as mediator.[/size]

http://www.brecorder.com/top-news/109-world-top-news/43665-nigeria-arrests-200-after-attacks-mostly-chadians.html
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 26, 2012
This crazy Isoko Wate again, Spin and Spun, Haha Fire on the mountain, run, run, run

[size=28pt]I will wipe out Boko Haram - GEJ
Please boko haram come out lets dialogue - GEJ[/size]

[img]http:///gallery/d/129150-1/Tom_Cruise_crazy_laugh.gif[/img]

Please Support the Call for President Jonathan's Resignation >>> https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-855930.0.html
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by Atigba: 6:09pm On Jan 26, 2012
All the people criticising the President on this forum.  You all should re nt serious , Nigeria as a nation has a problem, a difficult one for that matter , we re talking about a terrorist group here that possibly has a link to other terrorist group in outside nigeria?Here your president is trying to find a possible solution to it , u guys re rambling?, believe it all nt dialouge is the only solution, let them come and state what they need,why they choose to kill, less know there grievancess.so that we will be able to prefare a solution to it, Nigeria is not America, i have seen that terrorists are taking advantage of Africa security weaknesses to perpetrate evil, sorry to say, Nigeria do not have the appropriate security to handle these guys for the now, to  prevent them from shedding more innocent blood less call them for dialogue.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 26, 2012
nagoma:

@Olodostein
Olodo is goin on and on like a broken gramphone record boasting of his knowledge of Northern Nigeria. A knowledge I find meagre and unsatisfactory as he is unable to make serious positive contributions for the way forward.

What positive way forward? To put more innocent lives at risk abi? Call your Mullahs, sheiks,sympathetic politicians and traditional rulers to call your boys to order and then maybe we can chat a way forward.

Mr, Why are you so paranoid? If I were in front of you now, you wouldn't mind stabbing me with a daggar to silence me abi? Cmon, I know the way a typical mallam responds when confronted with HARDCORE truth. Oh, you want me to be 100% behind you after all the innocent deaths? I am opening your ynash like a peacock abi? Its high time that typical secretive culture of yours is exposed. At least, it will save some innocent lives.

If Mr President falls into your trap, He will be the biggest f.o.ol of the century and I will turn my barrage on him cheesy. Worst come to worst, Divide the damn country peacefully into 5 republics including his own-he can continue to be president there- or risk presiding over a very broken nation made up of Defacto groups cool.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by GeneralGEJ: 6:39pm On Jan 26, 2012
noise makers

if Mend terrorists can come out and collect money why not Boko haram

in nigeria money talks
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by eghost247(m): 7:00pm On Jan 26, 2012
Thought he said he will wipe them out what dialogue is he now talking about
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by Marlboro1: 7:04pm On Jan 26, 2012
Does this guy have any brains? The Army COS said no negotiation and his boss said we will. What does he even mean show their faces? They have been doing so but this guy and his team are so incompetent to follow all the invitation to come get them. How in the world do you negotiate with murderous criminals? Have you ever seen any Western leader negotiate with terrorists? You dont negotiate with them - you kill them, their father, mother, brothers, sisters and children  whenever or wherever you see them. WTF is the matter with this dude?
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by nagoma(m): 7:07pm On Jan 26, 2012
@Olodoman

You actually sounded more aggrieved and agitated and ready to attack me because I requested you to be forthcoming instead of posing and assuming the self appointed advisor position you clearly have no qualifications for.
Definitely dividing the country will in the long run be a good option  for all of us but  human society being social requires such efforts to be exhausted first and you are not contributing to it. After all you felt the need to live in kano. I have no such desire to live in the rain forest.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by Raxxye(m): 7:13pm On Jan 26, 2012
Dia, what?
With Boko Haram? **clenched fist** Kill them. Wipe them out! I‘m already sweating blood!
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by phreakabit(m): 7:14pm On Jan 26, 2012
[size=14pt]Just heard in the news that BH are threatening to take it to Secondary Schools and Universities next!! Yet GEJ is talking about dialogue?! Hmm I tire oh[/size]
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by iukpe: 7:18pm On Jan 26, 2012
GEJ will be making a big mistake if he goes ahead to discuss or negotiate with terrorists. You cannot attack and negotiate at the same time. But this people will not stop their attacks. Even if any talks begin.

Its very clear what they say they are fighting for. That their members should be released, unconditionally. But how does that justify the killings?

We made a mistake of amnesty in the south, tolerating terrorism from the militants, this brought about kidnapping which we are yet to wipe out or overcome. That also lead to the Boko Haram menace growing in  the north. Are we going to start another amnesty program for Boko Haram?
Another group will simply emerge soon after.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by 4everGod1: 7:25pm On Jan 26, 2012
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 26, 2012
nagoma:

@Olodoman

You actually sounded more aggrieved and agitated and ready to attack me because I requested you to be forthcoming instead of posing and assuming the self appointed advisor position you clearly have no qualifications for.
Definitely dividing the country will in the long run be a good option  for all of us but  human society being social requires such efforts to be exhausted first and you are not contributing to it. After all you felt the need to live in kano. I have no such desire to live in the rain forest.

I am on my way out of here, just a matter of time and then your already shaky economy can finally Collapse. After all who wants to continue to live PERMANENT in a desert with its hot climate. I need to enjoy the rain forest. Do you think I would enjoy living in a STONE-AGE with you guys? Enough is Enough. Enough of the innocent killing.

Now read below what the outside world is saying about you people taken us back to the stone age. I read these comments from a prominent news site.

Un and undereducated Muslim youth speaks volumes of the control the Muslim clerics exercise over their population. When these young people grow up hearing nothing but hatred for anyone not in their own sect, what can one expect out of them? This isn't a religion, it's simply the clerics dominating and controlling their own people like they are cattle. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. What a fine example!

why must they say that there is no road,water,electricity,while since independent the northerners are ruling the nation ,why they did not ask for that or say that since then,but because they see that president is from east ,they start messing up.i dont know why killing they like killing poeple.

Training of these cold blooded murderers is not in North Africa as claimed, but in Yemen. And the funding comes all the way from the Middle East. So security operatives should infiltrate them and go right down to the source of their strength which is money.

Boko Haram!! Sounds good. I guess they will take Africa back to the stone ages. Good luck Africans.

Another stupid AP "news report" blaming the rise in Islamist violence on "governmental corruption", "discrimination", etc. When will these idiotic reporters and their equally idiotic editors be able to get it into their thick skulls that Islamic extremism and violence is caused by two things:
1. The nature of the Islamic religion and Islamic societies,
2. Overpopulation caused by excessively high birthrates among primitive Islamic communities?

what is wrong with these ppl,

Do you notice that everywhere there is muslims they do not allow schools to train people for jobs. The South has Christians and some assemblance of modern life and security. So the Muslim north cannot stand to see them have good lives and prosper. Until you get rid of muslims there will be no progress or peace in Africa.

Some areas of Africa is beautiful, peaceful and wonderful places to live with peace loving people. Then the muslims want to come in there and turn it into the hell hole they have in the North.

These people act like a bunch of wild animals with high tech weapons. Terrorist and criminals, they will never consider what their actions do their family and relatives through violence. This is definitely a Hell Hole on earth. What ever their religion, it teaches them NOTHING about respect for another person.

The kafirs of boko haram, should be eliminated by all possible means.

This report is a bunch of crap, by the way. Boko Haram does NOT want more schools and better education for Muslims, Boko Haram *literally* means "Book-learning is a Sin" (Boko comes from the English word "book" and they regard all non-Koran education as "Boko"wink. Boko Haram wants to go back to the stone age.

These people are illiterates, they refuse to go to school instead prefer to go study the koran as if that will get them jobs. And now they want the well educated christians in the south to wait for them to complete their koran studies so they can catch up otherwise they will turn to human bombs after their koran studies. What a bunch of hopeless loosers!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/youth-rage-boils-amid-north-nigeria-sect-attacks-174042937.html

You wanna READ more of what the outside world thinks of you?  What are you doing to create POSITIVE change and to stop killing of innocent people? What! what! what are you doing?
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by 4everGod1: 7:35pm On Jan 26, 2012
[url=http://][img]http:///gallery/d/196679-1/Stare-down-dog-slaps.gif?[/img][/url]

SOMEONE NEEDS TO KNOCK SOME SENSE INTO GEJ

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Right To Expect Miracles From Buhari - PDP Chief Sunny Onuesoke / See What Nnamdi Kanu Is Up To If He Accomplish Biafra / Governor Yakowa Brother Dies In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.