Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk (13352 Views)

Don’t Scrap Amnesty Programme —ex IYC President Urges FG / Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come And Talk / Beninoise President Urges Jonathan To Include Country As 37th State Of Nig. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by asas(f): 10:14pm On Jan 26, 2012
badluck jonaharam
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 26, 2012
GeneralGEJ:

Ibos don't want to me to dialogue with BK,  who cares about ibos, I have to save my own skin

Thats why you surrounded yourself with the MOSSAD. why did you lose faith in your sss?
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by nagoma(m): 10:21pm On Jan 26, 2012
@Olodoman

The donkey meat is for you. They love it down there in iboland. Perhaps you are in that business.there are no monkeys and no grass cutters and cannibalism is now against the law, the new eastern governors are civilized and  will not allow it. So you will have problem with meat or lack of it actually.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by pmarine: 10:25pm On Jan 26, 2012
Personally, I feel he has done the right thing by asking them to state their demands. We don't even know what they want or why they are angry. It was easy to tackle the Niger delta problems because their demands were clearly stated. They (BH) have killed men, women, Christians and muslims. Let them come out and state their demands and we ' ll move on to the next step.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 26, 2012
pmarine:

Personally, I feel he has done the right thing by asking them to state their demands. We don't even know what they want or why they are angry. It was easy to tackle the Niger delta problems because their demands were clearly stated. They (BH) have killed men, women, Christians and muslims. Let them come out and state their demands and we ' ll move on to the next step.

there have many topics here that stated their demands over and over again. Search through the forum to find out.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by Thatdave(m): 10:29pm On Jan 26, 2012
Any boko haram that makes the life mistake of comming out now, is dead.
GEJ is a slow poison.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by handson(m): 10:34pm On Jan 26, 2012
Sorry the truth the say is better, my president is the most confused human bein i have seen i pity niaja with this kind person nothing good we come out of this country.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by pmarine: 10:43pm On Jan 26, 2012
@dilluminati, I knw and have been following the trends. I suspect we have BH members in house too but nothing has been documented so far. Initially, people claimed they are against western education, another school of thought said it's because the yaradua administration killed their leaders, some would say they are Political thugs, some say they are against Christians, now it's about state governors not meeting financial obligations. I know its all interwoven but they should state in very clear terms what they stand for and what they want. Mr. President's request isn't for dialogue, it's to identify the root.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by ziga: 10:45pm On Jan 26, 2012
Korrection:

you guys aint wise at all, what do you want GEJ to do, what will you do if you are in his shoes?? GEJ is this GEJ is that, he negotiates problem, he fights back wahala, haba nigerians, leadership no easy oh

Ha ha ha. . . His shoes?  grin grin grin grin

He (GEJ) is a part of Naija's problem.

The older generation have failed in their responsibilities for so many years, and they are now reaping what they sowed.

There is no cheap solution to these problems, but let him start with fighting the corruption that led to the delay in the first place.

When the general population experience a better life, when people have electricity, have phones, start to trust that our police will help fight crime, then terrorism will be difficult to sustain in Nigeria.

If he dialogues with them and they "settle", it is only going to be a matter of time before another group emerges.

He need to be our President.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by olyopa: 11:15pm On Jan 26, 2012
You don't dialogue with terrorist. This is a very wrong move. Their ultimate aim is to destabilise the country. No amount of talks or dialogue will solve this problem. The govt. Should take the bull by the horn cos the issue on ground with Boko Haram cannot be compared with that of Niger Delta. The govt should not make any mistake about this. From what we've heard so far these people don't know what they want. Their mission is just to cause problem in the world by Oil-rich Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by adamaw2tuf: 11:18pm On Jan 26, 2012
dialogue my foot,the blood of the innocent murdered in cold blood will hunt everybody who has a hand in one way or another in denying them justice.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by Crayola1: 11:20pm On Jan 26, 2012
nagoma:
@Olodoman

The donkey meat is for you. They love it down there in iboland. Perhaps you are in that business.there are no monkeys and no grass cutters and cannibalism is now against the law, the new eastern governors are civilized and  will not allow it. So you will have problem with meat or lack of it actually.

^^

Way to make the guys point by puting your st.upidity out on display, cannibalism is the best you can come up with? I wonder what you call Boko Haram? Killing with love? Maybe Allah is doing his work I suppose?
And yes there was cannibalism in the North, so no we know from North, South, East, to West Nigerians were people eaters, can we move on?
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by sweet9ja: 11:36pm On Jan 26, 2012
Even the Americans are in not so secret talk with the taliban in Afghanistan.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by pcicero(m): 12:28am On Jan 27, 2012
I really support this. That is a challenge to Boko Haram and their sponsors especially the likes of Tambuwal and other northern elders asking government to give them amnesty.
If after this, they continue their mindless attacks, then nobody should blame the government for dealing ruthlessly with them.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by manugbo(m): 12:43am On Jan 27, 2012
PLS, EVERYONE SHOULD WATCH THIS VIDEO POSTED BY @ "fnk" , on the first roll of this thread.

PLS ITS A MUST WATCH cry
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by manugbo(m): 12:45am On Jan 27, 2012
PLS, WE NEED TO GO OUR SEPERATE WAYS

PLS, LETS DISTINGERATE THIS COUNTRY NOW
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by manugbo(m): 12:53am On Jan 27, 2012
Good education, good governance and co are not the problem of these people. I think they always thirst for blood.

if what i mentioned above is their problem they will have to face those in authority, or even the past predidents that kept this country like this.

but they failed to face the authorities incharge, they find joy in slaughtering innocent people.
im just short of words

INFACT, WE HAVE TO DIVIDE THIS COUNTRY, BECAUSE WE CANNOT CONTINUE TO LIVE WITH CANIVOROUS ANIMALS
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by manugbo(m): 1:05am On Jan 27, 2012
DEAR GEJ,

PLS DONT RESIGN, U WILL HAVE TO FINISH THE 4YRS, BECUASE IF YOU WERE TO BE AN HAUSA MAN, HE WILL NEVER RESIGN HE WOULD RATHER PREFER TO DIE ON THAT PRESIDENTIAL SEAT.

THIS IS UR TURN TO RULE THIS COUNTRY, BUT STILL WATCH UR BACK.

INFACT, INSTEAD OF U TO RESIGN, PLS DO US A FAVOUR BY DIVIDING THIS COUNTRY.

SO SHALL IT BE

AMENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
AMEN
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by manugbo(m): 1:11am On Jan 27, 2012
ANY HAUSA MAN, IBO MAN, YORUBA MAN OR OTHER MINORITIES PLOTTING FOR YOUR DOWN FALL

HOLY HOST FIRE BURN THEM , THEIR GENERATION, GENERATION GENERATION, GENERATION GENERATION GENERATION,

LET CANCER OF THE BLOOD, BRAIN, INTESTINE, EYS, TONGUE, LEPROSY FINISH THEM AND THEIR FAMILIES, EXTENDED FAMILY AND CO

IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JEHOVAH

AMENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by manugbo(m): 1:16am On Jan 27, 2012
THEY PROMISED TO MAKE THAT SEAT UNGOVERNABLE FOR U, EVEN BEFORE THE ELECTION, WHICH WE ALL SAW ON THE NEWS PAPER.

NOW, THEY ARE ACTING THEIR WORDS.

ANY MAN BORN OF A WOMAN THAT HAS HAND IN THIS BOKO HARAM OF A THING , HIM AND HIS FAMILY WILL KNOW NO PEACE EVEN AFTER DEATH

AMEN
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by LogicMind: 2:17am On Jan 27, 2012
Jonathan should go and be replaced by a real igbo man.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by peteralla: 2:48am On Jan 27, 2012
Haha am not sure dey will come out dey need toff hand o GEJ.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by Oluti(m): 6:45am On Jan 27, 2012
It is time we all state what we want. GEJ is smart. This is a prelude to the much desired national talk talk. If BH want the right to cut off hands and legs let them have it. If my brother decide to live in Kano after, goodluck to him.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by namfav(m): 6:55am On Jan 27, 2012
is he know a sponsor? i remember beync, olo etc. saying that anyone who asks for dialogue is a sponsor? where are you people? come out, i the way you came out when tambuwal said that dialogue is neccessary, i want you to call gej a sponsor, idyats
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by Nobody: 7:19am On Jan 27, 2012
nagoma:

@Olodoman

You are continuously displaying your stupidity and making reckless claim to score cheap points.

Now let me give you a food for thought you squirrel. Despite the fact that I live in the North, I can't remember the last time I eat RED meat, besides  it is not good for the body. We eat Fish and Goat meat. I can't remember the last time I eat stew. Ofe Akwu( Banga soup of palm) is the order of the day. I can manage few onions though. Heck. they are grown in my backyard in the East and if I want more, I cross over to Cameroon or Gabon.

How about that?  Start thinking of how to grow your economy in other ways. When we finally decide to relocate PERMANENTLY. We got PLENTY of alternatives to live on. Did I just make myself clear.

Now, let us go finish dealing with all the diseases in your backyard including polio and then we can sit down and have a honest talk.

In the meantime;

Mr President should not and must not dialogue with TERRORIST. When you do, You give them LEGITIMACY. What part of it don't he understand huh?

Many governments understand this; that is why they don't give Terrorist a platform for their agenda. Because, when you do that, you give them LEGITIMACY. Which is a very strong thing in any form of dispute.  Don't Legitimize the killing of innocent men, women and children and the bombing of mosques and churches including on Christmas day.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by cbjonstage(m): 7:36am On Jan 27, 2012
LOVE DIS DEVELOPMENT, A BETTER WAY 2 KNOW WHO IS WHO AMONG D BOKOS JUST LIKE NIGER DELTA MILITANTS, DIS WILL SPEAK MORE OF GEJ
I FORESEE HIS CAPABILITIES, NICE ONE GOODLUCK JONATHAN, LET THEM MAKE THEMSELVES KNOW IF THEIR MOTIVES IS GENUINE, FOOLISH SET OF PPLE
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by eastman11: 7:41am On Jan 27, 2012
The stupid House Of Rep. Speaker wants Govt. to forgive BH, i seriously believe he is one of them, that statement alone is treasonable and he should be dealt with. Animal like him.

I agree with this statement attributed to Lord Luggard that says in the hand over notes he wrote to his colleague, Walter H Lang on the 25th of September 1918. The quote reads interalai:

''The Hausa-Fulani has no ideals, no ambitions save such as sensual in character. He is a fatalist, spendthrift and a gambler. He is gravely immoral and is seriously diseased that he is a menace to any community to which he seeks to attach himself"
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by benzion72(m): 8:08am On Jan 27, 2012
GEJ is pursuing shadow Mallam Adamu Ciroma said they will make nigeria ungovernable after PDP primaries and other northern said the same thing what has GEJ do to does threat
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by biggybig(f): 9:18am On Jan 27, 2012
And day by day by his utterances and speeches , he proves his foolishness. You want to know the demands of boko haram? The end of your goverment! Every successful attack they made proves to the world the weakness of your leadership. And very soon when fear engulfs he whole nation, the people will protest again, this time not for fuel but for their lives. They will protest that the nation is no longer secured! Cause honestly how long will this continue before the whole nation is engulf in another crisis. Gej lovers advise your man if he cant handle the hot seat, let him resign before his goverment is tumbled over!
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by biggybig(f): 9:33am On Jan 27, 2012
So u actually believe boko haram will come out and talk?ummh you are a believer!
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by iukpe: 11:12am On Jan 27, 2012
Which of BOKO HARAM demands are we willing to give into as a nation. Is it not seeking to arrest the Christmas day church bomber?
UN office bombers?
Or are we going to abolish western education in the north?
Are we going to make Nigeria an Islamic state?

Is the president looking to negotiate a "cease bombing" deal with Boko Haram? under what concessions will Nigeria negotiate this deal?

I think that where this crisis is different from the Niger Delta issue is that, Boko Haram is not clearly identifying itself with any National Development issues. I am not saying that acts of terrorism in any scale should be justified especially where it has lead to loss of lives or destruction of property, non of this can be a justified approach by any group for putting forward their demands.

But Boko Haram members have been seen to infiltrate the country from outside Nigeria and therefore they are not Nigerians. And if its a progressive demand by some Nigerians, why does it have a religious tag on it?

I think we need to rethink whatever strategy the government of GEJ is pursuing. Because anything that will compromise Nigerians true position on this, will certainly send a wrong message to the rest of the world and certainly will make Nigeria look like we are scared of the Boko Haram. And their attacks more daring or decisive.
Our president must acknowledge that if this group has a way, they would make a move to assassinate him. This is very true because I don't see them restraining themselves at such high value target as Mr President, by not planting bombs in any venue the president would visit in the next few months.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths / FEC Approves Confab’s Main Report / Chibok Parents Want Daughters Before May 29 (emotional Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.