Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation (2241 Views)

Poll: Please Vote: Should Jonathan resign Honorably for Nigeria's Peace?

Yes: 46% (21 votes)
No: 53% (24 votes)
This poll has ended

Itsekiri Leaders Seek President Jonathan Resignation / Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation / ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by Adanora: 1:38pm On Jan 27, 2012
Useless pple. Keep dreaming. GEJ will never resign. Fresh Air all d way
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 27, 2012
Please dont allow sentiments becloud your reasoning.
Dont we all agree Jonathan is an incompetent leader?
We have options before us - Resignation or Impeachment.
What if these senseless killings and bombings continue?
You will join me in the end for this call.

So lets start the clarion call now before its too late!
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by KnowAll(m): 2:16pm On Jan 27, 2012
Please dont allow sentiments becloud your reasoning.
Dont we all agree Jonathan is an incompetent leader?
We have options before us - Resignation or Impeachment.
What if these senseless killings and bombings continue?
You will join me in the end for this call.

So lets start the clarion call now before its too late

You are been juvenile in your thoughts. Go and play with WEE or something, this is an adult forum. cool
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 27, 2012
@Knowall

I thought we toed the same line. Why are you making statements you will regret later on?

Do you see Jonathan bringing an end to insecurity all over the country, corruption, wanton killing?
Do you think he has the balls to keep nigeria united? Ethnic strife is growing rapidly by the day, do you see Jonathan's presidency capable of quelling the impending chaos since he has done nothing to stop it now or nip it in the bud at this time? You should know better than following popular appeal.
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by manny4life(m): 3:54pm On Jan 27, 2012
Personally,

I don't think Jonathan's resignation will bring about the peace that you require; peace only comes when ALL tiers of govt are rid of the canker worm eating up the govt. If you force GEJ to resign and Boko Haram mellows down, then another group will arise in FULL GEAR, how does that solve the tension? In other words, GEJ has made a lot of mistakes, YES I AGREE, but what he needs now is SUPPORT from EVERY NIGERIAN, rather than calling for for his resignation, I will rather call for you to support him to see the strength and courage to continue the fight. Oh btw, if GEJ resigns, how about Sambo, and the rest of them in line to take over presidency? Can you imagine the CHAOS? Therefore, I DO NOT SUPPORT the call for his resignation and does not make me a GEJ fan nor apologist.
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 27, 2012
We can also look at it in another dimension. Forget Jonathan's gaffe and cluelessness. There is no president that is in danger more than GEJ.
His government is very weak and his security is compromised.
Now he has the MOSSAD, who knows what they will do to him? Now Boko haram are coming for his head.
I think he should resign to save his life first. There are some things egbesu cannot do.
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by dasparrow: 5:56pm On Jan 27, 2012
I just don't get some rude people on this forum. Why all the insults being hauled at the OP? This thread was created so you can state your opinion on whether GEJ should resign or not. A simple "I support" or "I don't support" would have sufficed. This is what happens when you give poorly brought up semi-illiterates access to the world wide web.
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by Fhemmmy: 5:57pm On Jan 27, 2012
Resignation is easy, but what is next?
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 27, 2012
Fhemmmy:

This is what i propose, Call in an Interim Government with a Northerner as an head of the Interim Government. Hate me for this, but this will stop boko haram from killing first. I disagree that Nigeria will erupt into chaos, recent events in the past weeks have shown nigerians are kind of timid and weak people. No one wants to lose his head for any cause whatsoever. The only game changers are the top dogs with the constitutional powers vested upon them and they will lead this interim government. SNC or whatever might follow next, but
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 27, 2012
Fhemmmy:

This is what i propose, Call in an Interim Government with a Northerner as an head of the Interim Government. Hate me for this, but this will stop boko haram from killing first. I disagree that Nigeria will erupt into chaos, recent events in the past weeks have shown nigerians are kind of timid and weak people. No one wants to lose his head for any cause whatsoever. The only game changers are the top dogs with the constitutional powers vested upon them and they will lead this interim government. SNC or whatever might follow next, but in the mean time boko haram will stop their senseless killing. Lets not act like we dont know what they want.
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by Nobody: 6:04am On Jan 28, 2012
Nigerians are so insensitive to their plight.

Why would you allow this killings to go on?
Are you guys happy seeing chaos?

Most of the people here are happy boko haram is killing service men, and they say let the northerners kill themselves?

why? why are you forgeting the president has lost control of his sight.

someone please tell me what Jonathan has achieved ever since he became president?
Is nigeria better off? or are we sliding down into hades?
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by patrick89(m): 7:40am On Jan 28, 2012
U guyz shuld stop al these rant for heaven sake! If he resigns who will come in? Who will do better? U? Get a lil manners OP and stp insultin ure presido!
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by werepeLeri: 8:30am On Jan 28, 2012
His or her basis for argument is so empty and devoid of any intellectual reasoning. Imagine him or hr saying a Northerner should be appointed so that Boko Haram killings will stop. Appoint him from where? Interim National Government, backed by which constitution? Or you think this is millitary? I guess when Boko Haram was killing people under Yar Adua - Yar Adua was a Calabar man?

He has the MOSSAD? LOL- no more the CIA? I think you need to sit down and think all over again all what is going on in your brain and see how tardy they all look.
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by don33310(m): 8:55am On Jan 28, 2012
diluminati:

This is what i propose, Call in an Interim Government with a Northerner as an head of the Interim Government. Hate me for this, but this will stop boko haram from killing first. I disagree that Nigeria will erupt into chaos, recent events in the past weeks have shown nigerians are kind of timid and weak people. No one wants to lose his head for any cause whatsoever. The only game changers are the top dogs with the constitutional powers vested upon them and they will lead this interim government. SNC or whatever might follow next, but
I am in complete agreement with you, that the president has failed and has failed woefully but i will rather suggest a national conference to end our by force marriage called Nigeria.
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by DrummaBoy(m): 1:08pm On Jan 28, 2012
KnowAll:

Mr Jonathan would be a good umpire come 2015, since he would not be running (I am assuming he would not be running not with all this Boko Haram Wahala), let him give us a free and fair election for his absence in the election and he would have written his name in a gold plague, I would not support any move to dethrone the President at this moment.

The President can be a useful tool to help our fledging democracy come 2015.

Why did Jonathan not be the Umpire in 2011 as we all called upon him to do. They jettisoned the well designed zoning system and have compromised the political stability of the nation. He could have reformed the electoral act and stood outside as a good umpire, like you said, last year rather than run for office. But alas he behaved like a normal Nigerian politician.
Let him pray really hard that he would still be in office to be umpire over.
Umpire ko, ex-president most certainly.
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by mojounited(m): 6:14pm On Jan 28, 2012
This is what i propose, Call in an Interim Government with a Northerner as an head of the Interim Government.
^I stopped reading from there. . .  So a northerner has to rule Nigeria for a terrorist group, well-bred by/due to northern politics/politicians, whose cause is to subdue a secular state to islam,  renounce western education (with which is helping you type the gibberish you're advocating) , et al. .else hell is let loose by bombing defenseless civilians,  to stop carrying out inhumane acts before we have peace??  shocked Where is the justification in such tomfoolery?? Give your head a shake!

PS - After ruling for about 35years by northerners and nothing to show for it in the same north, this born-to-rule mentality has not yet been relinquished and you want us to commit to this same white elephant project called Nigeria?  What an "Inconsequential premature discombobulated bullshitology in High Definition!(HD)" undecided smh
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by ezeagu(m): 6:18pm On Jan 28, 2012
You guys are looking for MEND's comeback.
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:30pm On Jan 28, 2012
ezeagu:

You guys are looking for MEND's comeback.

Comeback from where exactly - UK or USA or Brazil where Amnesty has enriched them so much that they have started r.ap.ing girls angry
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 28, 2012
In nigeria, we dont resign ok! Unfortunately 4u, our presidents dnt get impeached cos our legislators r all 4sale with price tags sticked on them all even whn d president becomes incapacitated based on health grounds he is also allowed to rule even in coma talkless of oga jona dat is hail n healthy. Just wait 4 2015 ok and im sure if he decides to run again then trust nigerians to vote him again only to start lamenting 3months later. u v to stay tuned till 2019 cos every 9ja president must do 2terms in office. If u r waiting 4 his resignation then u r seriously sitting on a long thing. Nigerian presidents dnt resign my dear rather they die there. Badnews 4u @ poster
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by sleekp1: 7:14pm On Jan 28, 2012
Scenario1: GEJ resigns, Sambo is sworn in and MEND's sworn to vengeance.

Scenario2: GEJ resigns and buoyed by this BH takes over govt and introduces Sharia law country wide.

@op
Nothing more could be so ill thought than your sorry topic.
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by ezeagu(m): 8:07pm On Jan 28, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

Comeback from where exactly - UK or USA or Brazil where Amnesty has enriched them so much that they have started r.ap.ing girls  angry

"Started" raping girls, that's a funny one. Anyway, you guys can do whatever you want with your demonic republic.
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by Basseti: 8:10pm On Jan 28, 2012
diluminati:

This is what i propose, Call in an Interim Government with a Northerner as an head of the Interim Government. Hate me for this, but this will stop boko haram

Your proposal still has a lot of refinement to undergo before it earns the term "simplistic".
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by KokoBeware: 8:28pm On Jan 28, 2012

why dont we just call the BH dudes and hand over the presidency to them
, at least you agree that they a killing becos its not a Northerner that is President, so if a Niger Deltan or a non-Northerner becomes next president they will resume their killings, in other word they are born to rule and there is nothing we can do about it, and you feel the millitants wouldnt do anything about it??
Re: Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation by LoveKing(m): 8:41pm On Jan 28, 2012
Can someone tell me the campaign promises the President has achieved? Because from the top of my head i cant think of any. I voted for his resignation because he has failed to secure nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gowon Had No Power To Create States, Gowon is a satanic rapistt-President Musiwa / NAF Set For Indigenous Aircraft Production / We Will Bomb The Qatar World Cup, ISIS Warns FIFA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.