Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,408 members, 7,954,623 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:12 AM

BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors (93004 Views)

Obasanjo Agrees To Campaign For Jonathan After Five Governors Prostrate And Beg / Police Invade Kano Goverment Lodge In Abuja, Hold Five Governors Hostage / Five Governors To Meet IBB, Abdulsalami Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by Beaf: 11:52am On Jan 27, 2012
olawalebab:

Can you be civil for once, can't you give a simple answer to be simple question. you don't need to always portray your stupidity all the time.

Dude, nobody is civil to fools. Especially fools that exalt their ignorance.
If you do not know about a topic, sit back, shut the phuck up and learn instead attacking other posters like a dog with rabies.

I've ignored you for long enough, but every fool must get their arse kicked. You need nerve bending slaps to raise your IQ level.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by akinnux(m): 11:53am On Jan 27, 2012
Nigeria is a huge joke. Why award these governors bonus term in the first place? I believe the only way to make this judgement reasonable is to make those governors fully account for their stewardship during the illegal period they occupied the office and to also refund the illegal salaries and allowances they collected.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by Beaf: 11:54am On Jan 27, 2012
For those who don't know, Timipre Sylva is a drug addict that also sponsors militants and bombings.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by babaowo: 11:57am On Jan 27, 2012
drama upon drama na ni.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by buy4me: 11:58am On Jan 27, 2012
Following the early morning ruling of the Supreme Court, Kogi State Chief Judge has sworn in governor- and deputy governor- elect
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by oderemo(m): 11:59am On Jan 27, 2012
Nigeria is a huge joke. Why award these governors bonus term in the first place? I believe the only way to make this judgement reasonable is to make those governors fully account for their stewardship during the illegal period they occupied the office and to also refund the illegal salaries and allowances they collected
my frd u are right jare, its lyk asking ibb to refund that stolen funds, or obj to xplain y nepa got zillion and nuffin to show for it.
one day go be one day, those wey steal moni 4 nigeria.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by PrinceDudu(m): 12:00pm On Jan 27, 2012
akinnux:

Nigeria is a huge joke. Why award these governors bonus term in the first place? I believe the only way to make this judgement reasonable is to make those governors fully account for their stewardship during the illegal period they occupied the office and to also refund the illegal salaries and allowances they collected.

u got it right man Nigeria is a huge joke.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by olawalebabs(m): 12:02pm On Jan 27, 2012
Beaf:

Dude, nobody is civil to fools. Especially fools that exalt their ignorance.
If you do not know about a topic, shut the phuck up and learn instead attacking others posters like a dog with rabies.

I've ignored you for long enough, but every fool must get their arse kicked. You need nerve bending slaps to raise your IQ level.
Do you really know what you are saying,i think you need to grow. I mean real growth.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by Beaf: 12:05pm On Jan 27, 2012
olawalebab:

Do you really know what you are saying,i think you need to grow. I mean real growth.

You are the one who doesn't know what he is saying. What do you know about Timipre Sylva?
People who butt into topics they are absolutely ignorant about and attack other posters, can only be described as addled fools.

What do you know about Timipre Sylva?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by GeneralGEJ: 12:07pm On Jan 27, 2012
beaf - stfu - come and lick my a55 - i have more inside info for you.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by highland(m): 12:08pm On Jan 27, 2012
Justice in Nigeria is always delayed to favour the rich only and punish the poor. Life isn't fair.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by phonixy(m): 12:10pm On Jan 27, 2012
Hav'n read all d posts in dis thread,all i nid say GOD KNWS BEST!!! All we nid do is just relax § kip our fingers crossed to c hw all des will end,there is no point call'n names or insult'n! Dis thread was created primarily to pass out information & secondary to get our views or response concerning each topic,i see no reason behind the names calling or insulting.GOD BLESS NIGERIA § NIGERIANS, <<<AMEN>>>
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by jadakiss213(m): 12:11pm On Jan 27, 2012
Cant wait to see Mumupre Sylva in govt 'bling-bling'
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 27, 2012
This BEAF zombie dude is very STUP!D. Who gives you cheap points for raining insults? Rubbish backbiter., onyoshi
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by Demdem(m): 12:20pm On Jan 27, 2012
The judgement is simply too late.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by akinnux(m): 12:23pm On Jan 27, 2012
buy4me:

Following the early morning ruling of the Supreme Court, Kogi State Chief Judge has sworn in governor- and deputy governor- elect

You cant be serious. I thought the Speaker of the House is supposed to be sworn in in Acting capacity during which another election would be conducted. The oppositions definitely need to challenge this to Supreme Court.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by Ofido(m): 12:25pm On Jan 27, 2012
what of PETER OBI,
The originator, founder and the 1st
beneficiary of Governors tenure elongation
bid was Peter Obi. Infact he manufactured
tenure elongation in Nigeria. We all knew it
was wrong ab initio. Now that the judiciary
ve saved its face. I think Peter Obi should
also resign from office and immediately
hand over to the speaker.
What do u think?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by malc619(m): 12:30pm On Jan 27, 2012
Justice delayed is justice denied,
This guyz have ruled for about 8 extra months. Enough time to loot the treasury in preparation for elections.
For those calling for Sylva's head, i wonder why you expect a corrupt ex-governor to be prosecuted when others who are also as terrible as Sylva are walking free. Except Dr. G*atGoodluck Jonathan has a personal score to settle,
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by juman(m): 12:43pm On Jan 27, 2012
The judgement is too late.

One nigeria is a joke.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by unongu(m): 12:48pm On Jan 27, 2012
Mixed reaction in Sokoto right now, Jubilation from opposition quarters, and calm that is mixed picketting by thugs on the other hand. What a judgement.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by KOMBE: 12:49pm On Jan 27, 2012
NIJA, I de laff o. I am actually finding it difficult to understand this country. So this Govervors were illegally ruling the state for 8 months.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by Prince081: 12:50pm On Jan 27, 2012
This simply means that the primaries prior to the April elections in Kogi and Bayelsa stands.
Sylva is the authentic PDP candidate e.t.c
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by octavian(m): 12:51pm On Jan 27, 2012

No time for time,
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by nsiadi: 1:04pm On Jan 27, 2012
This is coming rather late
Most Nigerians need to wake up
Since the apex court knew the import of this case it shd have given it accelerated hearing
The other 2 lower courts shd have done same

I like Mark for invoking Doctrine of necessity @ the correct time
Thats how to be proactive
Thats how to be effective
Thats how we access responsibility index
Tombo wal. MD Abubakar & co shd borrow "leaves" from David Mark
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by werepeLeri: 1:07pm On Jan 27, 2012
juman:

The judgement is too late, useless, nonsense and good for nothing.

One nigeria is a joke and senseless.

dO YOU JUST TALK OUT OF ANGER OR OUT OF THOUGHTFUL ANALYSIS?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by AROWAASI: 1:12pm On Jan 27, 2012
WHY PEOPLE DECEIVE PEOPLE ACT BY OUR RULER(KILLER) WHOM SOME OF US VOTED INTO POWER AND ENTRUST THEM.
CAN PEOPLE ANSWER THESES QUESTIONS?
1. BILLS THEY HAVE ASCENTED THAT MUST HAVE COST LIVES OF SOME INNOCENT PEOPLE OF THEIR STATES?.
2. SALARY AND ALLOWANCES RECEIVED?.
3. STAYING IN OFFICE BY FRAUD?.
4. IF ARRESTED, WOULD THEY BE PROSECUTED OR PLEA BARGAIN AS USUAL?.
5. WERE THEY NOT AMONG THE "I DONT CARE FOR MASSES GOVERNORS THAT ENDORSES SUBSIDY REMOVAL=INCREASED PUMP PRICE?.
ABOVE ALL, THIS IS DONE SO LATE.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by feelamong(m): 1:13pm On Jan 27, 2012
So would they be made to refund all the Allowances and Security Votes that they have eaten

That would then make sence to me! grin
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by Kobojunkie: 1:14pm On Jan 27, 2012
How did there Tenure end back in May 2011, yet they were allowed to continue as Governors? Was there no election? Is this news even real? How does a governor get to hang on to power even after an election where he looses? Or am I missing something here?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by terrykarl(m): 1:15pm On Jan 27, 2012
i think the governors should be compelled to refund every dime earned in the last eight month,every contracts and agreement entered into during those periods should be declared null and void and of no effect.but we know these guys will rig their way back to office.really unfortunate.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by sheyguy: 1:18pm On Jan 27, 2012
For those comparing Gej and Sylva, why not take a look at their achievements as governor of Bayelsa.
It is like zero saying he is greater than nothing.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by houvest: 1:19pm On Jan 27, 2012
This is vintage NL. When the judgement favours your candidate, Judiciary is the last hope of the masses. When it does not, the President has become a dictator.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DSS Arrests Suspended CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele / Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha And Declared Uzodinma Winner In Imo / Helicopters Hovering Round Onitsha With Nigerian Flag - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.