Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,087 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:37 PM

How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? (16340 Views)

Shocking!!Olamide And Don Jazzy Beef Terminates 8 Year Old Relationship! / How Do you End An Office Romance Between Two Married People? / How To End An Affair? (I'm Married) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by Mynd44: 11:08am On Jan 28, 2012
Wahala for him
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 28, 2012
And the lady in Question will be 30 soon, I Believe the guy can still revive this relationship, even most marriages suffers the same thing and people try to make it work,
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jan 28, 2012
Seriously how can u be in a relationship for 8 years without being married, is there oil subsidy on it too?  lipsrsealed
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by Shokoloko(f): 1:12pm On Jan 28, 2012
she should not marry him. he will still leave after 8 years of marriage. but the lady is foolish, 8 years?! why did her family allow her to go on for so long?
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by cfours: 9:12pm On Jan 28, 2012
Married couples daily lives can be more intertwined,

this is the difference between dating and marriage. You can't easily just call it quits on marriage esp with children and other social and financial investments. couples will usually try to make it work whether the relationship has become boring or not. unlike dating where people can break up over silly things without any consequences.

Now that she's approaching 30. it won't be easy to find a new partner. She has wasted her years on the guy.
this is a lesson for young women out there. get out of the relationship if after 2-3yrs the guy hasn't "put a ring on it"
and get out even faster if you feel your time is running out. women supposedly have a "shelf life" after all.
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by tpia5: 12:45am On Jan 29, 2012
the woman never got an std in the 8 years the guy was seeing her on the side after leaving his real home (the brothel)?

he was cheating on his p.rostitutes with her, so sad. undecided
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by Mynd44: 3:15am On Jan 29, 2012
This is just sad and dumb at the same time
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by Holorunloseyi(m): 4:34pm On Jan 29, 2012
If all they get out of an 8yrs relationship is SEX then they are both idiot,cos how will you be in a relationship that you not gettin to known,understand the does and dont & others thing.tell your friend to leave sex out of courtship not leave the lady.8yrs is no joke
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by Mynd44: 6:20pm On Jan 29, 2012
It's no joke but it is better to walk now than regret
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by Sagamite(m): 6:41pm On Jan 29, 2012
c.fours:

this is the difference between dating and marriage. You can't easily just call it quits on marriage esp with children and other social and financial investments. couples will usually try to make it work whether the relationship has become boring or not. unlike dating where people can break up over silly things without any consequences.

Now that she's approaching 30. it won't be easy to find a new partner. She has wasted her years on the guy.
this is a lesson for young women out there. get out of the relationship if after 2-3yrs the guy hasn't "put a ring on it"
and get out even faster if you feel your time is running out. women supposedly have a "shelf life" after all.

I like you.

At least you are blunt in your opinion that marriage should be used as a trap to keep hold to someone.
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by obowunmi(m): 11:01pm On Jan 29, 2012
Lmao!
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by yme1(f): 11:08pm On Jan 29, 2012
8 farking years? shocked shocked shocked shocked
That to me is an undefined marriage
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by cfours: 3:08am On Jan 30, 2012
Sagamite:

I like you.
At least you are blunt in your opinion that marriage should be used as a trap to keep hold to someone.

don't misquote me abeg.

marriage is for the more mature minded. it's not for those who just want to have fun without any serious responsibility attached like a dating relationship.  OP should learn her lesson and move on to a more eligible bachelor. Her fault for staying with the guy for 8yrs. She should have left long before.
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by Mynd44: 3:14am On Jan 30, 2012
Yeah she should have left long ago but she can still walk now. It's never too late to do the right thing
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by cfours: 3:16am On Jan 30, 2012
^ yes. with God all things r possible
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by member479760: 4:56am On Jan 30, 2012
A good story teller!
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by Sagamite(m): 11:22am On Jan 30, 2012
c.fours:

don't misquote me abeg.

marriage is for the more mature minded. it's not for those who just want to have fun without any serious responsibility attached like a dating relationship.  OP should learn her lesson and move on to a more eligible bachelor. Her fault for staying with the guy for 8yrs. She should have left long before.

Am sorry.

Misquoted you?

Show me where you mentioned maturity there. All I can see there is your reference to the fact that it is harder to leave a marriage than a relationship. That leaving a marriage has consequence, so women should make sure they get the man to marry them so it is harder for them to leave.

How is that a misquote?
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by Mynd44: 1:52am On Jan 31, 2012
Omorogun see word twisting
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by cfours: 8:55am On Jan 31, 2012
Mynd_44:

Omorogun see word twisting

I don tire cheesy
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by Youngpo413: 8:52pm On Oct 02, 2014
bekay911: Men can be cruel atimes. D love is gone n nothing can b done abt it

same with women
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by Youngpo413: 9:26pm On Oct 02, 2014
bandiejay: too Bad i pity the girl

Anytime you see a lady in this kind of situation,pls dont pity her.
She deserves it,maybe she left someone who truly loves her for this man.
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by Youngpo413: 9:40pm On Oct 02, 2014
Tosinville: 8yrs? dat guy na time waster.

what if it was the other way round?
Could SHE be labelled as a "time waster"?
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by Youngpo413: 12:26am On Oct 03, 2014
damola1: Everyone here as said it from one side.

Nobody can compel anybody to be with anybody,  fact,  even in a 8 year marriage, let them break and move on, make mistakes and learn from life, not live in fear,

so what?,  kobe bryant has got 3 kids,  losing $70M, and 3 mansions, and still prefers being himself,  so, let all man be him or herself, pls pls pls,  what even if it's 20 years,  so they should stop living because they started some relationship sometime ago,  why can't u get tied to the company you started with for life, or to a business you started it,  times change, and people MUST change with time,  so now the guy should live the next 50 years miserable,  just because he wants to satisfy a girl,  a girl that just did NYSC,

iF IT'S the girl that wanted to break away will this even make front page?

GBAM
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by Youngpo413: 12:30am On Oct 03, 2014
Bright2: Now it's a pity abi? Now reverse this case as if it's the girl that did it to the man & see how people will react, it will be as if nothing happened but we are all human for crying loud ! A friend of mine was jilted by a girl after 10yrs. This man fute for her education,take good care of her,provide her needs up to the extend of her parents & their marriage was delayed by her, not too long after the boy lost his job she claimed her village people don't use to marry in that boy village she got married to a man that just returned from South Africa & that's her reason just like that & the reaction of the boy's friend,relatives brothers even people on the girl's side was,my brother pls try & forge ahead there are many women on the street,broken relationship is better than broken marriage. My contribution in this case is that broken relationship is better than broken marrige so let the young man quit if he wish.Must men come last when it get to relationship?

I wonder
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by ERCROSS(m): 12:54am On Oct 03, 2014
goodsegs: well,my brother dated his wife for 12 years and are happily married today grin
if long courtship get boring,maybe marriage will be worse, lipsrsealed
I tink I will need to have a private chat with dat ur broh ooo.. For the tips he used in succeeding
Re: How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? by Youngpo413: 1:05am On Oct 03, 2014
Sagamite:

You are right.

If the guy does not feel he would be happy with her, he should close case and move on.

Believe me, that is exactly what she would do if she feels the same. All that 8 years blah blah blah would not matter. She would find her happiness and not look back.

She is most likely not going to even perform any of the "rules" a lot of people are stating on this thread. She would not sit him down and say she wants to end it. You think women have such decency to take the guilt of ending a relationship by communicating maturely?

She would look for an alternative suitor, a nice back up, and then she would most likely start behaving irrationally and inconsiderately to create arguments. She would act so bad and disrespectfully, so he would have no option but to dump her. So she can now say (innocently), he was the one that ended it, not her but she is happy to move on.

And if he does not take the action, then she would move to Plan B: She will end it by saying they are "arguing too much and not compatible".

Then wait 4 months or so before she says she has a new man. The same one she has been communicating with when she was with her 8 year boyfriend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Teachers Were Having Fun With A Female Student / Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian / 9 Secret Things Men Can't Resist In Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.