Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Do Real Miracles Still Happen In Nigerian Churches Today? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Real Miracles Still Happen In Nigerian Churches Today? (3651 Views)

Nigerian Churches, Others Causing Increased Witchcraft Persecution In UK – Group / The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Real Miracles Still Happen In Nigerian Churches Today? by tonymaz(m): 8:30pm On Jan 29, 2012
At this stage of national life when the products of Nigeria society manifest abysmally strange characters. There is a total collapse of our value system in Nigeria today. Religious, political and traditional leaders and institution, which are primary custodian of values have all been compromise, No thanks to military incursion which made corruption as a state policy.Agreed, corruption is a part of human nature, but its total collapse started with the military.
Most of our political office holders have proved themselves to be chronic looters.
Our educational system turn out junks due to neglect, the survival antic called handout have reduced our certificates to mere graph design.
Our traditional institution has not been left our.

Even the last resort, Churches and Mosque, have not felt better, due to these apparent reasons.
Salvation messages that touch people's life and cause them to repent are rare commodities in our churches today.
Miracles done with powers of Satan has reduce the reputation of our churches today. Gone are those days when churches command the respect in the society as a residual custodian of moral virtues.

God have seen all these, in order to intervene, he sent his servant. Though not as the world would want by their standard.

Real heaven backed, salvation-laded, heart-touching miracles, still happen. I'm a beneficiary.
If you are Hiv positive, Hepatitis of any type carrier, kidney problem inflicted, liver problem patient, or poverty(abject poverty) victim, Long duration barren, spiritual attacks, Generational curses, madness, etc, there is hope. I invited you to a 2day power packed Crusade at THE LORD'S CHOSEN CHARISMATIC REVIVAL MINISTRY,10, ODOFIN PARK ESTATE, OSHODI-APAPA EXPRESSWAY, BY IJESHA BUS STOP LAGOS NIGERIA

DATE 4TH AND 5TH OF FEBRUARY, 2012.
TIME: 8:AM

NB: Come with an expectation to receive a miracle.All through the Bible, miracles take place wherever the presence of God is. Most people do not get their miracles because of preconceived religious biasness, preconceived misinformation, lover for materialism, doubt of God's ability, clash of doctrines and so many other reasons,. The reason Jesus came is to free mankind from Sin, diseases and captivity, GOSPEL means good news, where good news is preached and holiness and righteousness preached as core mandate, God's presence and powers flow like water and result in earth shaking miracles, don't be told, make out time to come and experience the touch of God.
Re: Do Real Miracles Still Happen In Nigerian Churches Today? by manmustwac(m): 8:49pm On Jan 29, 2012
NO! Only the ones that they practice and rehearse wink
Re: Do Real Miracles Still Happen In Nigerian Churches Today? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 29, 2012
the OP is definitely another one of them CHARLATAN PREACHER that are everywhere in 9ja! they are criminals/thieves in robes robbing the gullible desperate out there.

MIRACLE KO, MIRA NOT COOL NI!!!!
Re: Do Real Miracles Still Happen In Nigerian Churches Today? by Lasinoh: 9:43pm On Jan 29, 2012
Of course!
Is Nigeria's existence not a miracle in itself? grin
Only a miracle keeps a gathering of the most criminally INSANELY corrupt togethe! kiss
Nothing else! grin
Re: Do Real Miracles Still Happen In Nigerian Churches Today? by tonymaz(m): 2:29pm On Jan 30, 2012
You are all invited.I lived under an illusion that nothing God could come out of Nigeria. I had a pessimistic view about anything in Nigeria before now,untill i had an encounter that changed my life. It would n't be good to keep this to my self,i was invited so many years, i considered the person fanatic questioning why it must in any particular church God power reside, media info didn't help matters. But today, its a total turn around,

I implore you all to make out time to come, you may call this line for confirmation, 08030406425.
Re: Do Real Miracles Still Happen In Nigerian Churches Today? by God2man(m): 6:06pm On Jan 30, 2012
@ mamustwac, Testimonies, miracles, signs and wonder abound in all living churches all over the world, if you doubt these miracles, i think, the best thing to do, is to go out to those places where you think they are giving false testimonies and see for yourself, ask questions, go with your camera, if possible, confront those people, then after all these investigations and you eventuall discover the so call falsehood. Go ahead and write a book about it, then it will be the world best seller.
This is a better idea for you, if you do not believe in miracles, you cannot just sit down in front of your computer, criticizing real life testimonies without enough evidence to support your point. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Do Real Miracles Still Happen In Nigerian Churches Today? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 30, 2012
^^ another charlatan on the run!

the last Miracle i heard happened in the UK, where some stoopid pastor assured people to stop taking their ARV drugs because they were miraculously cured of AIDS. . . . . . . . .and the poor guys DIED!!!
miracle indeed!
Re: Do Real Miracles Still Happen In Nigerian Churches Today? by PA1982(f): 7:18pm On Jan 30, 2012
^^^
May God have mercy on the souls of those filthy charlatans.
Re: Do Real Miracles Still Happen In Nigerian Churches Today? by okazuu(m): 1:32am On Feb 01, 2012
Countless miracles happen in my church salvation ministries if u ve nt c it b4 u can 2 salvation ministries n c it,stop all dis mediocrity n change ur perspective because most of u ve wrong perspective start giving respect 2 anointed men of God, If u wnt 2 c miracle worship wit us 2day at salvation ministries ph or online @ www.salvationministrieshs.org
Re: Do Real Miracles Still Happen In Nigerian Churches Today? by Nobody: 1:47am On Feb 01, 2012
^^can you pls educate us all about all these miracles you are talking about. . . . . let me guess:
- someone in a wheelchair who suddenly can walk after 20yrs? any fool will know that if you havent walked for more than 10yrs then your muscle would be to weak/slim to carry your body. if the "supposed" handicapped person has legs as big as yours then IT IS A SCAM!!!

- someone who was blind and now suddenly can see? how can you prove that they were blind, to begin with?

- someone who had illness and now are cured? how can you confirm that A) they had the illness and B) they were cured?

if magicians can make you believe that they can fly then criminals in robes can equally fool the general public.
there has been some miracles back in biblical times but there hasnt been any performed since then, let alone by today's charlatans calling themselves pastors.
Re: Do Real Miracles Still Happen In Nigerian Churches Today? by PA1982(f): 7:23am On Feb 01, 2012
okazuu:

Countless miracles happen in my church salvation ministries if u ve nt c it b4 u can 2 salvation ministries n c it,stop all dis mediocrity n change ur perspective because most of u ve wrong perspective start giving respect 2 anointed men of God, If u wnt 2 c miracle worship wit us 2day at salvation ministries ph or online @ www.salvationministrieshs.org

I concur with MRbrownJAY.
Charlatanas are very convincing and it is depressingly typical that they urge us to 'expand' our minds and so forth.

As for my take on 'anointed' MOGs, see this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=852413.msg10078528#msg10078528

I and my family are very much alive and well, thank you.
Re: Do Real Miracles Still Happen In Nigerian Churches Today? by tonymaz(m): 10:23am On Feb 01, 2012
The use of the word "charlatan" to describe ministers and churches, is inappropriate. The fact that some Pastor's who were called of God, but somehow due to sin and carelessness, lost their anointing, and went to Satan to acquire powers to perform miracles exits here in Nigeria, doesn't make every pastor or ministry bad.

Through ages, God has always used men. Here in Nigeria, because of collapse of value system,poverty spread like air,whoever performs miracles are seems as being called of God.When there is an improvement in employment and social welfare, they will found themselves irrelevant.

For one thing, the ultimate goal of Christianity is to make heaven,miracles may be a way of drawing people to the main goal.Miracles and prosperity do not take sb to heaven. The question you should that should be asked is: What is the quality of messages these pastors preach? If it's only miracles and prosperity, people in advance countries whose political system make policies that almost conquer poverty will never value the Gospel.

It is said in Western world that few people go to church,this is because churches have made prosperity and miracles the central point of their messages, and when people move out of poverty, they do not find gospel messages relevant.

Any church you belong today that devote little time to salvation messages and doesn't condemn sin,know that it is not in the right part. You may get by, but the major goal is totally ignored. Now, ask God to show you the real church whose messages, doctrines and goal will enable you to make heaven. that is the point, you will only get the answer when do so with all your heart and in truth.

Remain blessed
Re: Do Real Miracles Still Happen In Nigerian Churches Today? by Nobody: 4:32am On Feb 02, 2012
^^when was the last time you witnessed a "miracle"? care to tell us about it?

btw: some very talented MAGICIANS (Criss angel, David Copperfield, David Blaine) are performing "miracles" EVERYDAY, and they surely dont need the help of God for that.
Re: Do Real Miracles Still Happen In Nigerian Churches Today? by Joagbaje(m): 6:12am On Feb 03, 2012
Re: Do Real Miracles Still Happen In Nigerian Churches Today? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Feb 03, 2012
Have miracles ever happened in Nigeria? I've always wondered why miracles always happen in situatns where i cant verify 4 myself.why doesn't miracles happen 2 real deaf,blind,lame,barren,sick etc pple dat i knw?whose healings i can verify.as a kid i used 2 knw a woman wif almost all her kids born deaf n dumb.she blivd so much in miracles n had her kids prayd for by many prominent n local men of god;but none got healed.infact,sadly enuf she had more deaf n dumb kids.again yrs ago as a kid,a blind man livd in d same compound as we.i was of much assistanc 2 him:buying stuff 4 him,leading him 2 places.he also went 4 many prayers but remaind blind.infact,a church a went 2 applied sand 2 his eyes in an effort 2 open them.i've known many sick pple who went 4 prayers who didn't get healed but died.several barren women who are still barren after yrs of prayers.some hv reachd menopause n some re dead.even someone who attended d church d op mentiond and her problem persisted n reachd its apogee.my problem is this:why didn't miracles happen to these folks?why do they always hv 2 happen in remote places n to remote people?why
Re: Do Real Miracles Still Happen In Nigerian Churches Today? by PA1982(f): 1:45pm On Feb 03, 2012
tonymaz:

The use of the word "charlatan" to describe ministers and churches, is inappropriate. The fact that some Pastor's who were called of God, but somehow due to sin and carelessness, lost their anointing, and went to Satan to acquire powers to perform miracles exits here in Nigeria, doesn't make every pastor or ministry bad. , Remain blessed

You missed my point.
And 'charlatan' perfectly describes someone who knowingly tries to pull one over on the vulnerable.

That there are real ministers of souls isn't the question.
Please don't put words in my mouth!
Re: Do Real Miracles Still Happen In Nigerian Churches Today? by maryswags: 10:44am On Jul 04, 2012
Well as for me, the only way I can believe in miracles is if it happens to me personally, if I'm invited to a church and experience miracle der be it healing, job, and others, then I'm bound 2 believe...or else !
Re: Do Real Miracles Still Happen In Nigerian Churches Today? by eghosaaideyan(f): 6:24am On Apr 15, 2013
I am a living testimony, I was healed of breast lump..
Re: Do Real Miracles Still Happen In Nigerian Churches Today? by back2sender: 8:55am On Apr 15, 2013
There is nothing like miracle all you see in churches today are arranged. if the pastors wants to show he can perform miracle he should go to kano street in Ebute-metta and heal the beggars of there various ailments.

There is a new discovery by the whites creating a kidney in the laboratory , this are people that have taken thier destiny into thier hands and working to improve the society they lived in while in nigeria its the opposite. people that do not know God are living well and "we" that claim to know God and need private jets to do evangelism are living the hard life, what an irony. We go to sinners for the good things of life(health,education,science & Tech,entertainment etc) what a shame

Miracles as practiced in the church are fakes and full of deceit.

(1) (Reply)

Should We Pray Before And After Intercourse? / Why Are Jesus' Genealogy In Matthew And Luke So Different? / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.