Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,224 members, 7,829,372 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Does Marriage Change Men For The Better? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Marriage Change Men For The Better? (9610 Views)

What Does Marriage Mean To You? / Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? / Does Marriage Really Mean Settling Down? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Marriage Change Men For The Better? by ronkebp(f): 5:43pm On Jan 30, 2012
I think people should change for the better whether they are married or not. it just helps the world.
Re: Does Marriage Change Men For The Better? by randyorton: 6:00pm On Jan 30, 2012
Why do these babes want the guys not to cheat even though they cheated as much as they like in the past. some of the even cheated with married men. Whenever they want to settle down ,they want the guys to act like rev fathers. The reality is that we guys cant sleep with one woman all the days of our lives. We need to change women once in a while. YOU girls better understand that or STAY SINGLE
Re: Does Marriage Change Men For The Better? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 30, 2012
randyorton:

Why do these babes want the guys not to cheat even though they cheated as much as they like in the past. some of the even cheated with married men. Whenever they want to settle down ,they want the guys to act like rev fathers. The reality is that we guys cant sleep with one woman all the days of our lives. We need to change women once in a while. YOU girls better understand that or STAY SINGLE

Lol. Bitter truth innit? But really, we CAN stick to one woman. . .as long as we're broke or impotent. You wouldn't be thinking of affairs with hot new women when you're struggling to pay your 4 kids' school fees and the expired house rent, would you? Neither would you be interested in affairs when your prick has passed away while you're still alive.

@ Topic,

I'd be more more interested in knowing whether marriage changes women for the 'better'. . .or is it really their rapidly ticking biological clocks and severely short 'fine babe' career that actually forces them into reluctant 'fidelity' (especially in the later years of marriage when they're no longer in demand anyway)?
Re: Does Marriage Change Men For The Better? by ImaIma1(f): 6:20pm On Jan 30, 2012
Kaysy its not necessarily true.der r men who love their wives sooooo much bt they still cheat.in fact their wives never find out cos dey r so discreet.dey love their wives 2 pieces bt dey jst cheat.
Re: Does Marriage Change Men For The Better? by Bukky123: 6:39pm On Jan 30, 2012
yes, it makes them more responsible and to quickly leave behind them in a trail the unseriousness and deceitful life of bachelorhood.

period
Re: Does Marriage Change Men For The Better? by chidyke77(m): 7:36pm On Jan 30, 2012
Not in all marriages because some even change to the worst wen they married the wrong woman.
Re: Does Marriage Change Men For The Better? by BlackBaron: 7:54pm On Jan 30, 2012
Only weak asss men cheat and give excuses for it   angry

True talk!
Re: Does Marriage Change Men For The Better? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 30, 2012
marriage does not change anybody cos a leopard doesnot change his skin.
Re: Does Marriage Change Men For The Better? by thehunted(m): 8:24pm On Jan 30, 2012
What is wrong wit cheating? Lol
Re: Does Marriage Change Men For The Better? by Jumaisha(f): 9:11pm On Jan 30, 2012
Not in all marriages.
Re: Does Marriage Change Men For The Better? by ziccoit: 9:21pm On Jan 30, 2012
Don't have a doubt when you are told a mountain has shifted its base/location but have a strong doubt when you are told a man has changed in term of manners.
Re: Does Marriage Change Men For The Better? by dasparrow: 9:52pm On Jan 30, 2012
pro01:

Lol. Bitter truth innit? But really, we CAN stick to one woman. . .as long as we're broke or impotent. You wouldn't be thinking of affairs with hot new women when you're struggling to pay your 4 kids' school fees and the expired house rent, would you? Neither would you be interested in affairs when your prick has passed away while you're still alive.@ Topic,

I'd be more more interested in knowing whether marriage changes women for the 'better'. . .or is it really their rapidly ticking biological clocks and severely short 'fine babe' career that actually forces them into reluctant 'fidelity' (especially in the later years of marriage when they're no longer in demand anyway)?

@ bolded grin grin
Re: Does Marriage Change Men For The Better? by Sike(m): 10:40pm On Jan 30, 2012
Jumaisha:

Not in all marriages.
Re: Does Marriage Change Men For The Better? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jan 30, 2012
Re: Does Marriage Change Men For The Better? by Nobody: 6:38am On Jan 31, 2012
they do change but the nature of the wife determines what they turn into
Re: Does Marriage Change Men For The Better? by Nobody: 6:48am On Jan 31, 2012
Although change is constant, Marriage does not automatically change the "leopard's" spot.
Re: Does Marriage Change Men For The Better? by supertop7: 9:32am On Jan 31, 2012
Hell No! Marriage does not change you. It can only reduced it cos ur apartment will not be available as usual
Re: Does Marriage Change Men For The Better? by jjzones(m): 10:31am On Jan 31, 2012
What did the 30 year old man do with 25 years of his frigging life, hibernating? undecided Wonders never cease!
Re: Does Marriage Change Men For The Better? by jjzones(m): 10:34am On Jan 31, 2012
The word of God couldn't change everyone so don't expect marriage to. For those marriage would favour it would and for those it wouldn't, it couldn't.
Re: Does Marriage Change Men For The Better? by jjzones(m): 10:39am On Jan 31, 2012
Randy is also right. Most women would rather cheat with married men yet they expect their newly wedded husbands not to cheat. I am sorry but it seems they forgot that karma is a bitch and would suck on any d- ck that makes itself available. Ladies, do unto others what you expect them to do to you. I hate to play the blame game but both sexes have got their share of the blame. We are not just the person we hoped to be.
Re: Does Marriage Change Men For The Better? by ifyalways(f): 10:54am On Jan 31, 2012
I don't know about men but I've got one man that marriage changed positively.

I would like to believe that a leopard hardly changes its spots, if he treats his mom, sisters, female colleagues as play things it won't be out of place for him to treat the wife as a toy.
Re: Does Marriage Change Men For The Better? by billion11: 11:32am On Jan 31, 2012
Probably not in the way you think of. Marriage don't solve problems. Marriage gives problems but it also help both parties to mature. So yes, if it's a good man he will become even better and so will his wife. (ps. check the Bible for guidence)
Re: Does Marriage Change Men For The Better? by obowunmi(m): 11:35am On Jan 31, 2012
Well said billion. I just feel bad for men and women who marry "projects" ---
Re: Does Marriage Change Men For The Better? by gempo(m): 6:18pm On Feb 01, 2012
Please never you believe that marriage can change any person whether man or woman. If you can't get the person to change while you people are dating, then don't expect the person to change after marriage.
Re: Does Marriage Change Men For The Better? by Godsbabe: 9:52am On Jun 13, 2012
As hard as I tried to listen to Bidemi, I couldn’t help but sneak peeks at my watch. I felt for my friend, but her situation was a no brainer. The thing is, she’d recently found out her husband had been having an affair. As expected, Bidemi was completely hurt and embarrassed to find out he’d been cheating on her for the past 3years. She knew they’d been having problems, but she didn’t think things were that bad!

You see, 4 years ago her husband had been transferred to Abuja. Their marriage survived the distance for almost a year before cracks began to appear. Everything had come to a head a few days ago when she’d received a call from a hospital in Lagos asking her to come there as her husband had just been admitted. She’d thought it was a mistake because her husband was in Abuja. However, when she’d tried to contact him with no luck, she decided to go to the hospital and was shocked to find it was indeed her husband who was on admission. She held off asking for explanations until he'd recovered.

2days ago she’d left the office early to attend her daughter’s ‘Parent Teacher’ day and decided to stop by the hospital on her way to the school, but was unable to reach her husband on the phone- he’d requested she call him before she made her way to the hospital. She’d thought that was strange- but then again he was strange like that. However, nothing could have prepared her for what she saw when she walked into her husband’s hospital room - a slender light skinned girl bent over him, planting kisses all over his face. The girl quickly introduced herself to my friend as ‘the girlfriend’ who thought Bidemi was ‘the younger sister’ who had been taking care of him. Bidemi stood speechless as ‘The girlfriend’ proceeded to thank her for taking care of him, explaining that she’d been away on an extended all inclusive holiday which ‘he’ had paid for . This was how my friend found out her husband had been transferred back to Lagos 3 years ago and had been playing house with ‘the girlfriend’.

Me: Bidemi believe me, I know how you feel- but

Read the rest here http://ezer-meet..com/2012/06/physician-heal-thyself.html
Re: Does Marriage Change Men For The Better? by harakiri(m): 11:28am On Jun 13, 2012
BlackBaron: Only weak asss men cheat and give excuses for it   angry

True talk!

Yeah right! That means the Solomon and Isaac in your bible were "cheats" coz they definitely got involved with more than one woman. Can you define the term "cheating"? Can you state one single verse in the bible that states that marriage is a one man and one woman affair? Your bible actually encourages men to take "wives and concubines" for themselves.

This whole "till death do us part" and "one man,one wife" mantra is a product of the early Roman empire and they did this to calm down the citizenry who were getting enraged at the effrontery of the Roman elite who took wives of others for themselves all because they had the power to do so. It caused public revolt and civil crisis. That's a little extract of origin of the so called "one man,one wife, till death do us part relationships". Can you quote one passage in the bible where is written "till death do us part"?

Ignoramus!!!
Re: Does Marriage Change Men For The Better? by Johndoe100(m): 12:10pm On Jun 13, 2012
The only way it changes men is that it gives those who lack a focus, a focus and teaches responsibility. On the whole this is a good thing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Can Be Done To A Troublesome Sister-in-law? / I Want To Marry My Mother! / Marriage Between Pentecostals And Catholics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.