Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,343 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Who Did This Website - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Who Did This Website (3410 Views)

I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Criticise It And Support Me / Who Did This Site? / Your Tax Naira At Work. Who Did This Site? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Did This Website by Nobody: 7:47am On Jan 31, 2012
*dhtml:

And the title on the link of the yemlat technologies read - The Sweetest CSS Templates WorldWide

the guy must have read this, so he has removed the title link.

But abeg cut him some slack now, you know sey na naija things be this. There are others out there who nor dey even try at all.
Re: Who Did This Website by ogzille(m): 7:57am On Jan 31, 2012
babaearly:

But abeg cut him some slack now, you know sey na naija things be this. There are others out there who nor dey even try at all.

Now this id getting me angry; what do you mean by naija things thats annoying!!!
Re: Who Did This Website by Frosti(m): 8:32am On Jan 31, 2012
Now, that site should win the worst site of the decade. Damn! sad
Re: Who Did This Website by Frosti(m): 8:35am On Jan 31, 2012
babaearly:

Did you really type this shit? So cos we are Nigerians we should be stuck with sub-standard things?
Re: Who Did This Website by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 31, 2012
ogzille:

Now this id getting me angry; what do you mean by naija things thats annoying!!!

yes oh Na naija things. Go break your head for wall.

The guy may be a starter. And i've seen worse shitty jobs.

If you still dey vex, come and run a Free cms class for nairalanders, dont leave any stone unturned, and contribute your quota. Not bringing down someone who's at least doing something reasonable with his life.

Did you learn whatever you know what to do in one day? Please encourage starters and show them what they ought to do best. Not feeling angry and busting your brains out.

Frosti:

Did you really type this poo? So cos we are Nigerians we should be stuck with sub-standard things?

Abeg go siddon jare.

What i'll do in this case is give the guy a thumbs up but show him how he can be much better. There is room for improvement. Or did you learn what you do best in a day? A journey of a thousand miles begins with a step.

Whats with all this chest beating?
Re: Who Did This Website by ogzille(m): 8:47am On Jan 31, 2012
i don't have a prob with the guy, kindly read my first post; i have a problem with your statement only
Re: Who Did This Website by Nobody: 8:59am On Jan 31, 2012
Ok.
Re: Who Did This Website by Frosti(m): 9:02am On Jan 31, 2012
Good for you then. Continue to celebrate mediocrity.

babaearly:

yes oh Na naija things. Go break your head for wall.

The guy may be a starter. And i've seen worse shitty jobs.

If you still dey vex, come and run a Free cms class for nairalanders, dont leave any stone unturned, and contribute your quota. Not bringing down someone who's at least doing something reasonable with his life.

Did you learn whatever you know what to do in one day? Please encourage starters and show them what they ought to do best. Not feeling angry and busting your brains out.

Abeg go siddon jare.

What i'll do in this case is give the guy a thumbs up but show him how he can be much better. There is room for improvement. Or did you learn what you do best in a day? A journey of a thousand miles begins with a step.

Whats with all this chest beating?
Re: Who Did This Website by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 31, 2012
Frosti:

Good for you then. Continue to celebrate mediocrity.

Stop hating.

You were once mediocre at one point in your life. Deny it.

Ok now, prove to me you are the best in the world. and that even the ''best'' web designer will see your work and wont call it mediocre and won't give you some tips to learn more.

We are all in a learning process.

Don't let the little you know get into your head.

Mind you i didnt call his work mediocre, i said there is room for improvement. I neither celebrated mediocrity but you are the one celebrating here.

There is no point looking down on people when you will look up tomorrow to feed from people too.
Re: Who Did This Website by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 31, 2012
In between i checked out your website www.onwaweb.com. You should have checked yourself out before pulling someone down. Dont you know what goes around comes around?
Re: Who Did This Website by Frosti(m): 10:23am On Jan 31, 2012
^^That's a blog and not a site per se. Nothing special to be done on blogs hosted on blogger.com. You dont have access to any cpanel or files. Comprendre?
Re: Who Did This Website by Frosti(m): 10:29am On Jan 31, 2012
And you have to agree with me that the two are incomparable both in terms of look and funtionality.

And that one only cost me $10.
Re: Who Did This Website by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 31, 2012
ok show me your database driven website or your joomla site
Re: Who Did This Website by DualCore1: 2:31pm On Jan 31, 2012
babaearly:

ok show me your database driven website or your joomla site
Typically Nigerian mindset!

You leave matter wey dey ground, wan turn this one to "who you be" war.

Its no wonder you say:
babaearly:

you know sey na naija things be this.

I am proudly not Nigerian. I just own their Passport (which is internationally worthless) and I notice Nigeria is sharing same longitude and latitude with me and it just so happens Nigeria also shares same timezone with me smiley
Re: Who Did This Website by mavtrevor(m): 3:09pm On Jan 31, 2012
Deny your country as much as you like you dont have any other country than Naija.
Re: Who Did This Website by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 31, 2012
And yet i just finished converting a website from ordinary PHP to drupal for 300k as we speak - a 1 week job for me. I dey wait make them pay make i move my site to vps before the bandwidth expires again. And still doing other jobs by the side and negotiating more jobs.
It is about the packaging o jare.
Even if the job na 100k or 10k, as long as you are stamping your name there say na you do am, please try to make the work look presentable. I think that is where i have issues with many developers.
Re: Who Did This Website by Koolwilly(m): 7:52pm On Jan 31, 2012
^^^^^^True talk here bro
soloqy:

People who know what they have and what they can deliver, dont panic or become desperate for jobs. Its desperation and fear of the future that makes newbies, offer such ridiculously low fees on webdesign and hosting.
Re: Who Did This Website by guru01(m): 7:57pm On Jan 31, 2012
Well you have all said it all, Nigeria businesses have not yet come to understand the need of a fully functional website, because majority of their activities are basically done offline which can be done online.
Re: Who Did This Website by Koolwilly(m): 9:28pm On Jan 31, 2012
guru01:

Well you have all said it all, Nigeria businesses have not yet come to understand the need of a fully functional website, because majority of their activities are basically done offline which can be done online.
[size=16pt]GBAM!!![/size]
Re: Who Did This Website by greenmouse(m): 11:22am On Feb 01, 2012
This is good, we need to start exposing fake and premature developers,

Others will learn soon,
Re: Who Did This Website by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 01, 2012
Dual Core:

You leave matter wey dey ground, wan turn this one to "who you be" war.

It doesnt matter if you are asian or an aborigine, Life lessons is true for all humans. Help someone to grow and stop beating your chest.

And between what is the topic on ground? That you are subtly bringing down someone's effort. Give him credit for even trying then show him where he needs to grow. If i had the knowlegdge of designing those type of database driven sites, i'll do my possible best to show him what needs to be done to move to the next level.
Re: Who Did This Website by webmpro(m): 3:24pm On Feb 01, 2012
Hahahaha, yawa tide, u re a true reflection of ur name!

Well, the 10k job was done to its range, however i'd advice u do sumthn more better with each ever job you collect and agreed, this is becos, that job of 10k should be able to speak for you later on. I once did sum sites for 13k 15k, but now am proud to say that i have a gud and very plain and solid stand GOD BE WITH ME! We all shall survive the hard times but lets lay a platform to make sure that clients falls inlove wit ur previous jobs. Let us not also forget that we all need portfolios. Like we say, "OUR PORTFOLIO SPEAKS FOR US" cheers!
Re: Who Did This Website by webmpro(m): 3:25pm On Feb 01, 2012

Well, the 10k job was done to its range, however i'd advice u do sumthn more better with each ever job you collect and agreed, this is becos, that job of 10k should be able to speak for you later on. I once did sum sites for 13k 15k, but now am proud to say that i have a gud and very plain and solid stand GOD BE WITH ME! We all shall survive the hard times but lets lay a platform to make sure that clients falls inlove wit ur previous jobs. Let us not also forget that we all need portfolios. Like we say, "OUR PORTFOLIO SPEAKS FOR US" cheers!
Re: Who Did This Website by webmpro(m): 3:29pm On Feb 01, 2012

Re: Who Did This Website by soloqy: 3:42pm On Feb 01, 2012
babaearly:

You wrote a lot but i'll reply with one sentence

Encourage starters and show them how they can be better. Is it too hard to ask? But you know not everyone wears your kind of expensive clothes. So cut them some slack!

Its kinda difficult when the starters present themselves as gurus, dont you think? And we dont grow by comparing ourselves to ourselves . If someone starts a thread with a title like : "Come and check out my latest professional design, the best you can get anywhere", and we come, and instead of seeing the originality and creativity(as portrayed by the title), we see something totally terrible, it wont help the thread owner nor any other 'starter' to start commending the terrible job just because people ought to be nice. But on the other hand, if the title was something like : 'Please help me take a look at this site, am still learning and I need helpful tips', I would be a wicked person to go in there and talk down on the person. You get the drift now?

The people present themselves as gurus that already established. When someone responds to an advert for webdesign on this forum with words like :'Contact us, the best design company in PH or Lagos or ABJ, and someone decides to visit his site and see a very terrible and unprofessional site, it seems like a joke, dont you think?
Do you understand how far and wide this Nairaland site goes? Do you understand that discussions on Nairaland forums, easily come up on search engines even if you are looking for unrelated stuff? Imagine how knowledgeable people abroad and even here in Nigeria will take this forum if they see such things. Dont you think there is a tendency for them to put all Nigerian webmasters/designers on the same pedestal ?

Its not about bringing anyone down but about professionalism , right practices and sticking to one's areas of core competence.
Re: Who Did This Website by WebSurfer(m): 8:14pm On Feb 01, 2012
what is so special about it?
Re: Who Did This Website by DualCore1: 8:32pm On Feb 01, 2012
WebSurfer:

what is so special about it?
Nothing really, nothing as special as your not reading up before making off-course posts: wink
Re: Who Did This Website by Mobinga: 11:44am On Feb 02, 2012
grin grin grin

Na wa for that site oh. cry

soloqy:

Its kinda difficult when the starters present themselves as gurus, dont you think?

GBAM!!

This is true.  cry . . . . and they don't wan't to learn, always want to make quick cash out of everything.
Re: Who Did This Website by Slyr0x: 12:00pm On Feb 02, 2012
Nice one Soloqy. .I learnt from your posts. . smiley
Re: Who Did This Website by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 02, 2012
yemlat is the last name i'll consider to go with technologies.
the developers' site need serious help

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SFI Affiliate Marketing Special Review / Online Free Money Making Machine / I'm Building (another) Blog. Want To Follow Along?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.