Stats: 3,153,350 members, 7,819,250 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? (11632 Views)

Arsenal To Win The Premiership And D Champions League - T.b Joshua / Which Football Club Are You Crazy About? / Lennon: The Best Right Winger In The Premiership (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by dayokanu(m): 9:54am On Oct 24, 2007
My Son,
Having a romp with commissioners, organising Xmas parties on Nairaland is no way to live . Your mates are doing Brittany Spears and you are stuck with some Waffi chics

I think it is a Man Utd think because some weeks back Ronaldo and Anderson were caught doing same.

You know Dwight Yorke was also a legendary stud in his time. grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by tkb417(m): 10:00am On Oct 24, 2007
Old man
stop these shits. If Seun locks this thing, ill send some missiles to VI now now.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by dayokanu(m): 10:24am On Oct 24, 2007
Send am now!! Your MD dey my office now having some high level discussion with the top peeps. That means an end to your salary.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by A40(m): 12:07pm On Oct 24, 2007
You need to watch Arsenal's games to see why we are crazy about the Prem
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by Eddie4real(m): 2:20pm On Oct 24, 2007
I can't really say myself. But i think one of the reasons - and perhaps the most important - should be MEDIA COVERAGE. More people round - Nigeria inclusive - have access to the premiership more than all other leagues combined.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by tkb417(m): 2:26pm On Oct 24, 2007
United vs boro is coming. Check out how those goals will be scored and you will understand what makes the EPL tick
@dayokanu
U dey craze.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by lamisanya(m): 6:11pm On Oct 24, 2007
People keep on talking about hype as the reason why the EPL is popular. When will we learn to see it as excellent marketing?
The EPL claims to be the most EXCITING league NOT the BEST. Just like You will rather watch Transformers rather than the Critically acclaimed Elizabeth part 2.
As to the fact that the top 4 hasn't changed since: boo hoo, Newcastle and Everton have finished in fourth spot not too long ago. last year it was Arsenal's turn. this year maybe Chelsea(amen). in germany top 5 always Bayern, Shalke, Bremen, Stuttgart and/or Dortmund.
Italy; Inter, Milan, Juve(except last season), Roma+/-fiorentina or lazio. La liga:Real, Barca,Valencia and any other off the shelf club.
Please Respect the PREMIERSHIP, after all no one is arguing about La liga
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by dayokanu(m): 8:20pm On Oct 24, 2007
this year maybe Chelsea(amen). in germany top 5 always Bayern, Shalke, Bremen, Stuttgart and/or Dortmund.
Italy; Inter, Milan, Juve(except last season), Roma+/-fiorentina or lazio. La liga:Real, Barca,Valencia and any other off the shelf club.
Please Respect the PREMIERSHIP, after all no one is arguing about La liga

You are too wrong!! Do you remember Hamburg, Bayer Leverkusen, Kaiserslautern won the league in 1998, Hertha berlin was in top 4 in 1998

In SPain Zaragoza, Deportivo, Osasuna, betis, Villareal, Sevilla, Mallorca e.t.c have all tasted top 4 in the last 10 years.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by folahann(m): 8:56pm On Oct 24, 2007
Good evening Sir, Uncle Dayokanu
For the top 4 matter, i want you to know that in the premiership the top 4 team are consistent and that why they don't drop below. But in other leagues (you know them) the teams are not consistent at all and that is why some teams do well for a season but become poor again; that is not the mark of a good team
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by africanese: 3:11am On Oct 25, 2007
After watching the way aresenal destroyed slavia prague and man utd(i hate them and i just puked ) kill dynamo kiev i dont know any reason why u should resist the premiership. arsenal how i love you, if you see the 7-0 ass whopping that slavia recieved from arsenal, i promose you that you will run out of positive superlatives of describing arsenal
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by dayokanu(m): 6:05am On Oct 25, 2007
For the top 4 matter, i want you to know that in the premiership the top 4 team are consistent and that why they don't drop below. But in other leagues (you know them) the teams are not consistent at all and that is why some teams do well for a season but become poor again; that is not the mark of a good team

That is why they always say it is predictable. You can close your eyes and predict the top 4 in EPL. Even when Arsenal was not playing well in the EPL 3 seasons

ago the other teams do not have the guts to overthrow them. So from the start of the season most of the clubs know that the highest they can be is 5th position
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by seun001(m): 7:15am On Oct 25, 2007
dayokanu:

That is why they always say it is predictable. You can close your eyes and predict the top 4 in EPL. Even when Arsenal was not playing well in the EPL 3 seasons

ago the other teams do not have the guts to overthrow them. So from the start of the season most of the clubs know that the highest they can be is 5th position

of course which means they are not improving which is wot worsens the case like the french league.
u and i know that there are no push overs in the spanish league.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by tkb417(m): 7:48am On Oct 25, 2007
this guy, how did you know that guy is an old man?
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by eldee(m): 2:01pm On Oct 25, 2007
Yeah I know, the premiership is even more predictable than the Norwagian LeagueRosenborg won 13 years in a row that's why 160 million people in the world watch the match between Arsenal and Man U.

Maybe I'll just stick to that 'boring' league that has the highest foreign player to home player ratio
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by lamisanya(m): 5:05pm On Oct 25, 2007
dayokanu:

You are too wrong!! Do you remember Hamburg, Bayer Leverkusen, Kaiserslautern won the league in 1998, Hertha berlin was in top 4 in 1998

In SPain Zaragoza, Deportivo, Osasuna, betis, Villareal, Sevilla, Mallorca e.t.c have all tasted top 4 in the last 10 years.
thanks for not arguing about the predictability of the Serie A (which was probably due to bribed referees). you mentioned teams like Kaiserslautern who have been relegated since. I don't remember any EPL winner being relegated (CONSISTENCY!!! or as you call it predictability) also Clubs like Deportivo and betis now struggle to stay alive.
Please respect the only league that gives you football On boxing-day and on January 2 because they don't go on break,(Italy,Germany,Spain lipsrsealed)
Even while play two different domestic Cup competitions.All this with 20 teams( unlike germany )
As for the days when english teams were weak in europe where were the Italian teams from 1999-2003
Remember also:from 1977-1982 the winners were all english. 6 straight years(not black and white years like Real Madrid) na moin-moin
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by seun001(m): 5:28pm On Oct 25, 2007
lamisanya:

thanks for not arguing about the predictability of the Serie A (which was probably due to bribed referees). you mentioned teams like Kaiserslautern who have been relegated since. I don't remember any EPL winner being relegated (CONSISTENCY!!! or as you call it predictability) also Clubs like Deportivo and betis now struggle to stay alive.
Please respect the only league that gives you football On boxing-day and on January 2 because they don't go on break,(Italy,Germany,Spain lipsrsealed)
Even while play two different domestic Cup competitions.All this with 20 teams( unlike germany )
As for the days when english teams were weak in europe where were the Italian teams from 1999-2003
Remember also:from 1977-1982 the winners were all english. 6 straight years(not black and white years like Real Madrid) na moin-moin

oga,money is the ultimate motivation!thats why they play football on holidays instead of getting a well deserved rest.
am sure if u ask the players they will confess its actually the money not the love of the game.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by lamisanya(m): 7:49pm On Oct 25, 2007
Just think about it, you come back from church or where-ever on boxing day switch on your telly and presto; a premiership game. (and the English FA usually fixes a juicy match for this period). These guys aggressively market their league. It is not about the FA's love of the game but about money. They make the English love their game and ultimately Nigerians. It's the same thing Americans have done with Basket-ball. Tell me what is there not to love about the EPL. If mourhino had been real's coach, he would have been sacked for not winning it in entertaining style grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by eldee(m): 9:16pm On Oct 25, 2007
pls tell me what other league in the world get's front page stories in major newspapers, is followed in the home country like a religion and full to capacity stadiums, even for the smallest teams. Pls don't call that corruption ridden serie A.
Imagine Steve McLaren was voted to be the man with the second most important job in England(After the prime minister) that's the kind of commitment the english pple give to thier football. Pls don't pin the bame on nigerians for lovin it, blame the likes of arsenal, man roo and abrahimovich for making the premier league so interesting.
As Lami said 'what's there not to love bout the EPL' and as i said, I'll stick wiv the remaining 160million pple in the world watching it
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by deb(m): 1:40pm On Oct 26, 2007
We dont have a league we can be proud of in Nigeria.

That is a fact
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by folahann(m): 1:57pm On Oct 26, 2007
PEople don't even know why real madrid have won 9 UCL trophies, go and do research on hoe champions league started, then you will know what made them and others to have won so much. So don't blame premiership teams for not winning the UCL like some other leagues
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by dayokanu(m): 2:03pm On Oct 26, 2007
PEople don't even know why real madrid have won 9 UCL trophies, go and do research on hoe champions league started, then you will know what made them and others to have won so much. So don't blame premiership teams for not winning the UCL like some other leagues

SInce you know tell us now and tell us why we shouldn't blame premiership sides
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by tkb417(m): 2:12pm On Oct 26, 2007
this Folahann guy and his posts. Your posts make me tweak everytime i read them
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by folahann(m): 2:27pm On Oct 26, 2007
You know, now you want to pretend to be ignorant.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by dayokanu(m): 2:46pm On Oct 26, 2007
Tell us what made Madrid to win so many and why premiership teams have not won much. So that we can learn.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by folahann(m): 4:19pm On Oct 26, 2007
If you don't know, you know where to check
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by dayokanu(m): 4:58pm On Oct 26, 2007
You were about doing another of your dumb posts again. Why were you ashamed all of a sudden to show the world the reason real Madrid has won so much more than any EPL club. Give us the reason. You would only be embarrassed once and you would get it right next time.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by Builder: 4:52pm On Oct 27, 2007
Poster,

You must be a joker , why wont they watch the premiership!!!! how would they answer questions at the embassy when attending interviews for their visas, besides why watch the la liga, nigerians dont go to spain ,
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by eldee(m): 5:14pm On Oct 27, 2007
Builder:

Poster,

You must be a joker , why wont they watch the premiership!!!! how would they answer questions at the embassy when attending interviews for their visas, besides why watch the la liga, nigerians don't go to spain ,

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by nnenneigbo(f): 1:47am On Oct 28, 2007
PASSION PASSION PASSION, the prem has it in abundance and overflowing.

Ask Henry and he'll tell, he said it himself, he misses the prem and the atmosphere.

watch tomorrow's match and you#ll be hooked forever too. Very addictive
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by toksdam(m): 9:38pm On Oct 28, 2007
joblessness ,maybe
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by seun001(m): 7:05am On Oct 29, 2007
Builder:

Poster,

You must be a joker , why wont they watch the premiership!!!! how would they answer questions at the embassy when attending interviews for their visas, besides why watch the la liga, nigerians don't go to spain ,
toksdam:

joblessness ,maybe

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin wink
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by spirod(m): 6:51pm On Oct 29, 2007
wetin dey my people. i really no know wetin dey do our boys nowadays.everywhere is premiership mess talk. in fact it is the general and most populous discourse in nigeria today. if the accolade given to Premiership league can be this much, then our NFA should start working towards making things work in our local league. for we already have loyalist at hand ready to embrace it's development as it is for premiership league matches. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Manchester City Vs Aston Villa (3 - 1) On 12th February 2023 / Real Madrid Vs Galatasaray : UCL (3 - 0) On 3rd April 2013 / Liverpool Vs Everton (4 - 0) On 20th April 2016