Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,932 members, 7,952,755 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:18 PM

Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? (11975 Views)

Arsenal To Win The Premiership And D Champions League - T.b Joshua / Which Football Club Are You Crazy About? / Lennon: The Best Right Winger In The Premiership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by eldee(m): 7:18pm On Oct 29, 2007
it's so popular,it is now a good chatup topic for fine girls, that's the passion it carries
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by dayokanu(m): 7:46am On Nov 01, 2007
I don't think the Naija league can command that followership.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by mekoyo(m): 12:35pm On Nov 05, 2007
It is the best league in the world.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by folahann(m): 1:01pm On Nov 05, 2007
Never dream of that. maybe 50 years to come
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by sharpguy: 1:20pm On Nov 05, 2007
Truth is the premier league has the best and widest coverage internationally. Besides there is the contention between the fans of the big four that adds all the spice to the game.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by teetee2(f): 2:43pm On Nov 05, 2007
I tire o. Nairalanders abroad answer me. Do (Oyibo) crazy about our own African leagues
over there. ?Some Nigerians spend fortune to buy anything represents their clubs such as band, t-shirt and so on. Anyway, in Nigeria everything is an opportunity/avenue to get rich. Some are smiling to their various bank accounts from profit make on these souvenir. Even the so called "Area Boys" have their various clubs, to the extent that the Fuji singers do organize jump for either Arsenal or whatsocalled club to celebrate their victory. That is why we are the happiest nation in the world. We celebrate every opportunity that come our way.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by henchmark: 4:04pm On Nov 05, 2007
get this into ya head fellas,
good futball is addictive, premiership is GOOD FUTBALL, so you gotta be addicted, if you are not a fan one of the BIG 4 in EPL, you obviously have something missing in your life , find it out fast, its like a man that cannot make his wife squirt, she will for sure leave you, get on board fellas,

GUNNERS FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by DisGuy: 4:41pm On Nov 05, 2007
teetee2:

I tire o. Nairalanders abroad answer me. Do (Oyibo) crazy about our own African leagues
over there. ?Some Nigerians spend fortune to buy anything represents their clubs such as band, t-shirt and so on. Anyway, in Nigeria everything is an opportunity/avenue to get rich. Some are smiling to their various bank accounts from profit make on these souvenir. Even the so called "Area Boys" have their various clubs, to the extent that the Fuji singers do organize jump for either Arsenal or whatsocalled club to celebrate their victory. That is why we are the happiest nation in the world. We celebrate every opportunity that come our way.

where can i get kwara united jersey, sweatband, training tops, tracksuit, Duvet, calender or wall paper? grin

thanks in advance
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 05, 2007
Football is the most popular sport in Nigeria and the most exciting sport in the world,
Our Lingua Franca is English and Commentary adds flavour to the game so that rules out leagues from Spain,France and Italy
We dont have a league in Nigeria,(forget the crap they say we have).
Satisfied?
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by dennylove(m): 8:42pm On Nov 05, 2007
COACHY YOMOLA,TELL N.F.A, SAY, NIGERIA LEAGUES NA AMATEUR LEAGUES.BRAZILIAN LEAGUES SELF NO SWEET REACH PREMIERSHIP.AIN'T NO BETTER GAME LIK THE PREMIERSHIP. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by lawyer(m): 11:38pm On Nov 05, 2007
I think kanu Nwankwo played a big part in making the premiership very popular with Nigerians especially when he was in arsenal and scored that famous hatrick against chelsea. Although alot of people had been following other leagues feverently especially the serie A before and after USA 94, but Kanu's entrance as the first popularly admired Nigerian footballer to grace the premiership boosted it's awareness in Nigeria.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by fakedavid: 11:43pm On Nov 05, 2007
because they are crazy fools.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by tkb417(m): 8:00am On Nov 06, 2007
because they are crazy fools
every of ur peeps inclusive tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by dyabman(m): 9:30am On Nov 06, 2007
@tkb417

which club are you supporting, i really like your unbias comments,

premiership is the best in the world guyz, wake up and spread the news to whole Nigeria,wake them up from their slumber, they should look ahead and think ahead,

PREMIERSHIP IS THE BEST LEAGUE EVER,

HITV why cant they be showing NFL for us, premiership simply the best,

HOLLA!!!
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by tkb417(m): 9:46am On Nov 06, 2007
@dyabman
im a United fan. . .
The EPL is just an exciting league to watch, the drama, the press, the build up to each game, the shenanigans and the overhyped players grin grin Just like D.Bent at spurs.

Some other leagues may boast of some superior technical know-how but i think with the influx of foreign coaches and players, the gap is closing day in day out. Check out, 3 EPL teams made the UCL semis last season and im sure at least 2 will grace this year's semi or might probably win it. The consistency is der for everybody to see, so whoever says the EPL is shyte as at today is a NINNY grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by dyabman(m): 10:38am On Nov 06, 2007
@tkb417

good to hear from you, what's ur name and sex, just want to know and be a friend, you should be a match analyse infact should be working in HITV WRONG TV!, brining old men to the studio to analyse junk talks, anyways holla,
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by oberon(m): 10:47am On Nov 06, 2007
In a country where nothing works people turn to sports ala Brazil for real life heroes since our league is not worth the effort its only natural that the premiership would fill the void especially since its so well packaged not to mention the affinity in language does that answer your question?
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by tkb417(m): 12:06pm On Nov 06, 2007
@dyabman
Nah. My name on the internet. . . . u can just give ur email and ill holla at you. Some great and better footie analysts are on NL. From United's angle we have Jackal, Fynewaka,manu4life,Ruudie,Justkunmi,9ja4eva,hugoboi,Bolaoni,I-man; Arsenal has MC Omo, debosky, Loyika,A-40,Viera,HNIC,Banderas,ritchboi etc ; Chelsea has Razorr,Somze,Mustay,wormedup, etc and there are some that their clubs are not in the EPL such as sage, hustler,gabrielgb and the notorious DAYOKANU. Read der posts and you'll agree with me

These guys will give HITV a run for der money grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by folahann(m): 12:55pm On Nov 06, 2007
An Idiot could even coach Bayern Munich to win the Bundesliga.
No controversy, that is the truth. Bayern will win the league even without a coach
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by chuckdee4(m): 3:01pm On Nov 06, 2007
Did i hear someone say something about Nigerians liking oyibo football.
Well when the stupid NFA can organise a league worth my time only then will i ditch the premiership to watch the bloody Nigerian leauge. Ar eu kidding me @ tee tee2, have u seen a Nigerian league game, trust me ur better off watching paint dry (No disrespect to the players) its just the coverage and organisation of the whole thing that makes it so unbearable to watch
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by tkb417(m): 3:35pm On Nov 06, 2007
@chukdee
dont mind him
@folahann
why did u say so? They didt win last season
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by seun001(m): 4:36pm On Nov 06, 2007
chuckdee4:

Did i hear someone say something about Nigerians liking oyibo football.
Well when the stupid NFA can organise a league worth my time only then will i ditch the premiership to watch the bloody Nigerian leauge. Ar eu kidding me @ tee tee2, have u seen a Nigerian league game, trust me your better off watching paint dry (No disrespect to the players) its just the coverage and organisation of the whole thing that makes it so unbearable to watch

bros,abeg,e too much na, shocked grin cheesy wink
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by folahann(m): 10:31pm On Nov 06, 2007
tkb417:

@folahann
why did u say so? They didt win last season
The squad this season is much different from previous season
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by eldee(m): 11:00pm On Nov 06, 2007
Oh, y r u guys so mean. Pls learn to rep naija. I don't see any difference between EPL and nigerian premier league. Our accurate refrees, stae -of-the-art stadiums and highly fastpaced matches. You guys are missing by not going to watch matches in our totally secure stadiums, wink wink wink wink

How does this sound 'I'm a fully bred Lobi Stars fan' rotflmao
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by dayokanu(m): 6:56am On Nov 07, 2007
An Idiot could even coach Bayern Munich to win the Bundesliga.
No controversy, that is the truth. Bayern will win the league even without a coach

@ Folahann,
Your comments on football says a lot about your knowledge of the game.

If its by squad then Chelsea should not be competing with anybody they should just hand over the title to them yet they have lost twice this season.

If its by assemblying a squad go and check SS lazio in 1999-2000 and you would see what one can call a roll call of who is who in world football,

Go and check inter Milan,or why is Barcelona not topping the La Liga despite having the fantastic 4, Go and check the Atletico Madrid squad and you would know that they

have no business languishing in the lower part of the table.

Why do you think Abrahamovich spend so much on Mourinho despite the array of stars he has?
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by seun001(m): 7:01am On Nov 07, 2007
dayokanu:

@ Folahann,
Your comments on football says a lot about your knowledge of the game.

If its by squad then Chelsea should not be competing with anybody they should just hand over the title to them yet they have lost twice this season.

If its by assemblying a squad go and check SS lazio in 1999-2000 and you would see what one can call a roll call of who is who in world football,

Go and check inter Milan,or why is Barcelona not topping the La Liga despite having the fantastic 4, Go and check the Atletico Madrid squad and you would know that they

have no business languishing in the lower part of the table.

Why do you think Abrahamovich spend so much on Mourinho despite the array of stars he has?

and also real madrid.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by dyabman(m): 11:35am On Nov 07, 2007
@tkb417

did u just say JACKAL, is a crazy guy, i hate him like shit, if he is there he will fumble and wumble, dont like him one bit, so holla at me emmanuelone1@yahoo.com i will be expecting you there
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by tkb417(m): 1:19pm On Nov 07, 2007
@dyabman
Jackal keeps it real, he makes this work and lively. . . we need stuffs like that in here or this place will be a graveyard.
ill holla @ ya
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by chuckdee4(m): 1:26pm On Nov 07, 2007
seun001:

bros,abeg,e too much na, shocked grin cheesy wink

Seun even if i wan watch Naija league they are not making any efforts to even show it anywhere else in the world (As if anyone will watch it), so how our Naija bros abroad go take watch am, see y eveyone else watches La liga, premiership n Serie A
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by seun001(m): 4:42pm On Nov 07, 2007
chuckdee4:

Seun even if i wan watch Naija league they are not making any efforts to even show it anywhere else in the world (As if anyone will watch it), so how our Naija bros abroad go take watch am, see y eveyone else watches La liga, premiership n Serie A

na small small na b4 we go reach dia level for europe.at least we are technologically behind them like 25 years.abi khaki no be leather.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by ayoraymond: 4:52pm On Nov 07, 2007
cool its simple , its entertaining.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? by slimes(m): 6:47pm On Nov 07, 2007
Football at its best is a must watch. U better join the best.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Andrea Angeli Admits That The European Super League Can't Continue / Liverpool Vs Tottenham Hotspur: EFL Cup (2 - 1) On 25th October 2016 / Brighton & Hove Albion Vs Manchester City - (0 - 4) On 11th July 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.