Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? (7198 Views)

What Are Subtle Signs That Someone Isn't A Good Partner? / 7 Qualities Of A Good Partner / Why Is It Harder For Men To Forgive Infidelity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by pendo89(f): 5:41pm On Feb 01, 2012
  and kind enough to remind me what hpnd yesterday?
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by LesbianBoy(m): 5:55pm On Feb 01, 2012
pendo89:

and kind enough to remind me what hpnd yesterday?
STOP PRETENDING SWEEEEERY YOU KNOW WHAT AM TALKING ABOUT ! WHY TRY TO FALL MY HANDS HERE! angry
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by ochukoccna: 6:24pm On Feb 01, 2012
WTF
from the qualities many have listed here in their quest for a mate, its sure the divorce rate is heading northward soon
SMH embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by antace(m): 6:43pm On Feb 01, 2012
Isaiah 4:1 says it all,
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by ITbomb(m): 8:50pm On Feb 01, 2012
I think it is harder for the woman cos even though both have equal chances to see a good man or woman , but a woman would find it harder to approach a good man of her choice, but a man would approach any woman he deem fit
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by pendo89(f): 9:31pm On Feb 01, 2012
LesbianBoy:

STOP PRETENDING SWEEEEERY YOU KNOW WHAT AM TALKING ABOUT ! WHY TRY TO FALL MY HANDS HERE! angry

people like u make me wonder. Are u sober or confusing me with smbody ?
ts ok to dream when you are high. I just pity.
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by Kutey: 10:02pm On Feb 01, 2012
7 women to 1 man?
Typical nigerians with thier bu1lsh1t statistics that they invent in their head, there are more males than females born in every country. Yes, boys and men do tend to be more vulnerable to child death, disease, wars etc. but in adulthood its about 9 women to 10 men. Infact nigeria is even higher with 12 men to 10 women. Google it.

As for Isiah 4:1 here is the correct interpretation:
Q. Re: Isaiah 4:I.  In that day seven women will take hold of one man and say, “We will eat our own food and provide our own clothes; only let us be called by your name. Take away our disgrace!”

A. Beginning with Isaiah 2:6 and continuing through all of chapter 3 is a prophecy of the judgment that will befall Israel at the end of the age.  It will be a time of great devastation and many men will die leaving widows and orphans behind.  Beginning in Isaiah 3:16 the Lord had Isaiah speak against the vanity of Israel’s women.  Their wealth and their pride will be taken away to the point where multiple women will be willing to join together and agree to pay their own expenses  to come under the legal protection of one man through marriage.

Then in Isaiah 4:2-6 there’s a beautiful picture of the Messiah’s return to wash away all their impurities. In verse 5 the word translated defense (KJV) or canopy (NIV)  is chuppah, the wedding canopy, symbolizing that the Messiah will fulfill the prophecy of verse 1 and “marry” all of them by bringing them under His protection.  And in verse 6 the word translated tabernacle (KJV) or shelter (NIV) is sukkah, the shelter that Jews build on the Feast of Tabernacles, symbolizing that the Lord will dwell with them again.

This is specific to Isreal and the Jews so stop taking the bible out of context to use as a scare tactic to boost your ego.

But I do agree its more difficult to find a GOOD man than a good woman.
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by Mynd44: 10:53pm On Feb 01, 2012
Here comes the Jesus crew to the rescue
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by emmaBS(m): 11:02pm On Feb 01, 2012
@ OP
I know the answer but im not going to tell you.
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by Mynd44: 11:25pm On Feb 01, 2012
Keep it to yourself then
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by claremont(m): 11:27pm On Feb 01, 2012
Kutey:

7 women to 1 man?
Typical nigerians with thier bu1lsh1t statistics that they invent in their head, there are more males than females born in every country. Yes, boys and men do tend to be more vulnerable to child death, disease, wars etc. but in adulthood its about 9 women to 10 men. Infact nigeria is even higher with 12 men to 10 women. Google it.

Q. Re: Isaiah 4:I.  In that day seven women will take hold of one man and say, “We will eat our own food and provide our own clothes; only let us be called by your name. Take away our disgrace!”

A. Beginning with Isaiah 2:6 and continuing through all of chapter 3 is a prophecy of the judgment that will befall Israel at the end of the age.  It will be a time of great devastation and many men will die leaving widows and orphans behind.  Beginning in Isaiah 3:16 the Lord had Isaiah speak against the vanity of Israel’s women.  Their wealth and their pride will be taken away to the point where multiple women will be willing to join together and agree to pay their own expenses  to come under the legal protection of one man through marriage.

Then in Isaiah 4:2-6 there’s a beautiful picture of the Messiah’s return to wash away all their impurities. In verse 5 the word translated defense (KJV) or canopy (NIV)  is chuppah, the wedding canopy, symbolizing that the Messiah will fulfill the prophecy of verse 1 and “marry” all of them by bringing them under His protection.  And in verse 6 the word translated tabernacle (KJV) or shelter (NIV) is sukkah, the shelter that Jews build on the Feast of Tabernacles, symbolizing that the Lord will dwell with them again.

This is specific to Isreal and the Jews so stop taking the bible out of context to use as a scare tactic to boost your ego.

Non-sense!
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by Kutey: 11:58pm On Feb 01, 2012
^^^which part?
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by elampiro(m): 12:36am On Feb 02, 2012
I sincerely believe that there are more men than women. Except markets, every where else I see more men than women. Even the cesus statistics has always stated so (more men in Nigeria). However, there are far more women ready to marry than men. A girl of 19 could be ready, whereas a boy has to ensure he stabilizes financially first.
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by Nobody: 4:04am On Feb 02, 2012
@Mrs C
yes there are many dirty/abusive/nasty men in relationship these days but i am safe to say that, unless they are married to desperate people (or faking it), it would be harder for them to find a mate.

sauer:

You really think it possible that there would be a 50/50 men-women split all over the world, except in China? Really? That'd be too much of a statistical improbablity, don't you think?

ok, give or take a few percentages here and there.

On this matter, I do not think there's any concrete conclusion. Men and women are as good as they may come, and finding a good partner as a man or a woman is pretty much left to the person in search. However, I think it's fair to tolerate the little probablity that, given their relative sensitivity, there are many more women who seek to marry than there are men. This is probably enough to tilt the difficulty in finding a partner towards the women folk  undecided

before coming to such a hasty conclusion, you should probably consider the fact that many men are desperate for coochie. . . . . . . . coochie that these same women possess. you're making it sound like men hold the key to women's dream, while women have nothing to put in the balance, lol.

yes, many men wouldnt get married (if they could) but sadly, these same men would die of sexual starvation.

elampiro:

I sincerely believe that there are more men than women. Except markets, every where else I see more men than women. Even the cesus statistics has always stated so (more men in Nigeria). However, there are far more women ready to marry than men. A girl of 19 could be ready, whereas a boy has to ensure he stabilizes financially first.

i am sorry to say that the above in bold makes no sense. care to explain?
- do you believe that a man with money will automatically find a good wife? (or does he just get married with any donkey he meets?)
- do you believe that JUST being 19, is what it takes for a woman to get married? MATURITY, INTELLIGENCE or VALUES dont matter at all, right?
- do you really believe that money has any weight on FINDING A GOOD PARTNER?
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by Princek12(m): 5:30am On Feb 02, 2012
emmaBS:

@ OP
I know the answer but im not going to tell you.

abeg tell me now. I take God beg you
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by femmy2010(m): 6:38am On Feb 02, 2012
@topic,it can be hard and can be easy,it all depends on what we seek and where we search.
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by chuqudy(m): 8:10am On Feb 02, 2012
Kutey:

7 women to 1 man?

This is trash.
In adult, there is far more women than men. Most men (married or unmarried) die in wars, crisis, crime, prison, strugling of life etc. We have more widows than widowers.
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by pato405(m): 8:39am On Feb 02, 2012
men!

it's not just about finding a woman. it's about finding a 'wife'.
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by mpmp: 6:52pm On Feb 02, 2012
Unfortunately, the "good" women are usually not found in the "good" places.
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by Jumaisha(f): 10:46pm On Feb 02, 2012
It's very hard to get good man/woman. Its always
Good man to bad woman OR
Good woman to bad man
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by RuuDie(m): 10:27am On Feb 03, 2012
Well, as we tend towards the age of settling down finally. . . . . I think women have it wee easier in settling for a partner; not necessarily the best available or the one they truely love by any means, but one that just about fits the bill.
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by Virtuelady(f): 10:03pm On Apr 03, 2012
it is not easier for a woman to get a husband cos there is more female than male, [/quote]
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by ezemoses(m): 4:04pm On May 02, 2013
its harder for a woman to get a good man but its easy for a man to get a good woman
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by tpia5: 4:17pm On May 02, 2013
in general, its harder for a woman than it is for a man.
Re: Is It Harder For A Man Or A Woman To Find A Good Partner? by Joliecoco: 7:28pm On May 02, 2013
I think that it is indeed harder for a man and woman to find a good Godly christian partner in today society were immorality, lack of values and living in sin is the new normal.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Have A Crush On My Sister's Husband / Am In Love With Ireneony (picture Include As Proof) / Why Is It That Most Dicks Are Black?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.