Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Have You Ever Seen An Angel Before? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Seen An Angel Before? (11006 Views)

Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? / PHOTO: Image Of An Angel Appears In The Clouds In South Africa. / Cloud In The Shape Of An Angel Seen In Pretoria, South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Seen An Angel Before? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Feb 02, 2012
I can see Angels if I want to! Take a pint of beer mixed with 3 shots of vodka and fantasized about the girl I like the most!
Re: Have You Ever Seen An Angel Before? by 9jauk: 9:39pm On Feb 02, 2012
hmmmm, God is for real people.i relocated to uk about 7yrs now,ve had volume's of Dreams good and bad,i'm a converted muslim to xtianity i'm a believer but not a Born again,i had this overwhelming dream,few days before d dream my wife who is a foreign national accused me of singing praise and worship songs between 2-4am midnight powerfully in my sleep,sometim's in d week at about about 3am,i got up crying loudly singing anointing song oh MY GOD is for real non-believers,i saw a beautiful puzzled like human shape in a cloud carrying a baby soaked from head to toes in Anointing oil,oh my God,it was Powerful brethern,the feeling is out of extra ordinary,i pray d non believers in dis forum to encounter something greater!
Kindly tell me d meaning of this dream if you are bless in interpreting dreams.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen An Angel Before? by sunkoye: 9:51pm On Feb 02, 2012
Have not seen one before but i recently had a powerful dream. Peeps,  lot of things happen around us ooooo. let us be prayerful.
@poster Meditate the book of Daniel very well and you will understands a lot of things about unseen forces.
supported in the Old Testament book of Daniel, chapter 10. Daniel is visited by an angel in response to his prayer to God. This angel, who was sent by God to answer Daniel', s prayer, was delayed for 21 days because of a battle that took place between God's angel and "a prince of the kingdom of Persia."Daniel reveals the angel's message in the following verses:Dan 10:12-13 "Then said he [the angel] unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten [humble] thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words. But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia."
he spiritual battle, for this angel, was of such magnitude that Michael, the archangel of God and designated prince of Israel, assisted the angel in battle. Another enemy of God, the prince of Greece, is also mentioned in the verses below.
Dan 10:20-21 "Then said he [the angel], Knowest thou wherefore I come unto thee? and now will I return to fight with the prince of Persia: and when I am gone forth, lo, the prince of Grecia shall come. But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince." The book of Daniel gives us an excellent example of how these unseen spiritual entities fight to increase and maintain their realms of influence and control in order to hinder God's purposes. In addition, as previously stated, these princes are named after the nations or rather their principalities in which they rule.
It is Satan's purpose to deceive these nations and to keep them from obtaining a knowledge of God's truth and salvation through His Son Jesus Christ. In the book of Revelation, chapter 20, Satan is depicted as a deceiver of nations. The Greek word for deceive is planaho, and according to Strong's Greek Dictionary, this word means to "cause to roam from safety, truth or virtue, go astray, seduce, wander, and to be out of the way."
Satan's major success, in deceiving a nation, is due to a lack of discernment on the part of the people. The people are blind to the invisible forces of supernatural evil that are operating and influencing their visible human agents of political, social, religious and philosophical programs. Satan's greatest victory would be to convince the world that he just doesn't exist. However, God signifies the devil as the author of sin, sickness and death, and warns us to be alert and vigilant because the devil, as a roaring lion roams about seeking whom he may devour (1 Pet. 5:cool.
Lets Flee from All Appearance Of Evil, that is where devil start his influence and control!

God bless you.
Re: Have You Ever Seen An Angel Before? by Ishilove: 9:52pm On Feb 02, 2012
Yes i have,though not physically. I was going through a fasting programme some years back,one night during the programme,around 1.00am, i dozed off during the prayer. Next thing i saw was three very tall men with huge wings, wearing sparkling white garments and standing side by side in the room with me. The peculiar thing was their faces were slightly blurry so i couldn't make out their features. The man in the middle told me to get up and gave me a particular prayer point to pray. Immediately after i was given the prayer point,i woke up. It was so clear and vivid that i was shocked that i had being dreaming.
Unfortunately for me,i was so weak that i didn't pray seriously,and for some reason i can't understand i didn't take the prayer point with concentration thereafter.
Months later,what the angels told me to pray against started manifesting.
ceejayluv:

Has anyone seen a succubus before?
Nope,but i know someone who has

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen An Angel Before? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 02, 2012
sunkoye:

Have not seen one before but i recently had a powerful dream. Peeps,  lot of things happen around us ooooo. let us be prayerful.
@poster Meditate the book of Daniel very well and you will understands a lot of things about unseen forces. God bless you.
You mean the electromagnetic, strong, weak and gravitational forces?
Re: Have You Ever Seen An Angel Before? by DonJuan1(m): 10:50pm On Feb 02, 2012
There are different kinds of angels.

In my dreams, I have seen gigantic, intimidating and no-nonsense ones who fill you with fear and awe. I remember that I had to crane my head back to see how tall they were.

I have also seen some who looked human, we had conversations and they told me things that were unknown to me but when I woke up, I checked and found out that they were true. One once told me that he was assigned to be following me around.

In the real world, I have had people who walked up to me to make requests or talk to me only for me to take a few steps forward, look back and see that they have vanished.

Everyone has an angel watching over them. Thay can be compromised, they can be reinforced. You may not know it but next time you escape danger narrowly and you didn't know how you did it, just remember that it may be your guardian angel working hard.
Re: Have You Ever Seen An Angel Before? by maki(f): 11:11pm On Feb 02, 2012
I strongly believe I have seen an angel before, even twice. They saved me in 2 different occasions.

1st was when I was in secondary school, I fell off from our school chemistry lab high stool and landed backwards with my head and I passed out instantly and saw myself floating towards a very bright light with a human figure and I heard a voice from the light that ordered me to go back. That was how I regained consciousness.

The second one was in form of 2 boys in d middle of nowhere escaping from ritualists(a suppose friend that sold me out to ritualists). I saw them selling roadside engine oil in coke bottles in d middle of nowhere, Those 2 boys stopped me and warned me never to come to that place again in Abuja, they showed me the way to town, waited nd stopped a vehicle for me to board and vanished. When I mean vanished I meant vanished, once I entered the bus turned and i never saw them nor their engine oil stand anymore. Till date in my heart I strongly believe those boys were angels sent to save me.

***** tearing rolling down my eyes right now, I keep having this same feelings whenever I tell these stories*****

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen An Angel Before? by Wallie(m): 11:16pm On Feb 02, 2012
I know that there are many unexplained "things" in this world and I do not doubt your story but how do you know what you saw was an angel? How do you know it wasn't a UFO?

You only recognize things that you've seen before and as far as I know, there are no pictures of angels or any other Biblical character.

Also, the mind (brain) is one of the most powerful-mysterious "processors" of information and is capable of altering ones reality. What you saw or think you saw is not always reality.

Re: Have You Ever Seen An Angel Before? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Feb 02, 2012
In my dream, I saw an Angel decend from among many white birds flying in the sky.

He had wings, a sky blue cloth, handsome, black beards. But there was somebody pulling me away from the Angel. Is that person my enemy?
Re: Have You Ever Seen An Angel Before? by Nobody: 12:57am On Feb 03, 2012
See delusion at its highest.

@op

go check yourself for epilepsy
Re: Have You Ever Seen An Angel Before? by sniperwolf(m): 1:21am On Feb 03, 2012
Why would you go back to sleep after seeing such a beautiful thing

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen An Angel Before? by eghuan1(m): 1:59am On Feb 03, 2012
all you people who claim to have seen an angel, my question is can you sufficiently prove you saw an angel? the reason is that to the western mind, its an EXTRA TERRESTRIAL, but to the AFRICAN mind, anything you cannot rationally explain is taking as divine, an act of an ALMIGHTY GOD. my question therefore is how do you actually tell whats divine, whats astronomical or that your mind is not playing tricks on you, because person wei don smoke weed finish go come tell me say im de for heaven de gist wit angel. we should be extremely mindful of the consequences of our word
Re: Have You Ever Seen An Angel Before? by donchido(m): 3:57am On Feb 03, 2012
[quote]Everyone has an angel watching over them. Thay can be compromised, they can be reinforced. You may not know it but next time you escape danger narrowly and you didn't know how you did it, just remember that it may be your guardian angel working hard.
[/quote]

>>brother, you have wholeheartedly exemplified the beauty of the written word and the spoken english God bless your future, more Grease to your elbows<<
Re: Have You Ever Seen An Angel Before? by WebSurfer(m): 7:21am On Feb 03, 2012
This is cool
Re: Have You Ever Seen An Angel Before? by chinnyonwu(m): 7:23am On Feb 03, 2012
I remember those days I used to watch 'tales by mOonlight' all their stories had angels in them!
Re: Have You Ever Seen An Angel Before? by beespak7(m): 8:20am On Feb 03, 2012
wow bright lights @ op you were almost gone oh, but decided to do a u turn on the way lol thank ur God o
Re: Have You Ever Seen An Angel Before? by flagship(m): 9:34am On Feb 03, 2012
Well I have seen actual angels in my dreams, about ten feet tall, African, long hair, white robe, seamless gold girdle about their waist. Giants, really. Oh, plus gold swords in the hand of each. Details of the dream are classified, but I saw them cheesy

I have led a group of angels before on horseback too, I have seen evil angels with suits pretending to be real, we thank god for my pastor in real life who showed me from the bible that that angel brought bad news, angels don't bring bad news.

On other ocassions in my dreams,they have saved me, I didn't see them, I only heard the report from the mouth of the enemy. Yahweh is mighty.
Re: Have You Ever Seen An Angel Before? by flagship(m): 10:02am On Feb 03, 2012
I have also seen a host of other things too. Demonic things like u won't believe, in the form of dinosaurs, tall men with painted faces, naked men carrying load,talking animals especially Lions etc My dream life is something I won't give up anything for, every night smiley
Re: Have You Ever Seen An Angel Before? by tokitolu(m): 10:07am On Feb 03, 2012
As long as you read the word of God everyday, you re communicating with the one that is bigger than angels.

Re: Have You Ever Seen An Angel Before? by TisaBone: 10:19am On Feb 03, 2012
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hmmmm, God is for real people.i relocated to uk about 7yrs now,ve had volume's of Dreams good and bad,i'm a converted muslim to xtianity i'm a believer but not a Born again,i had this overwhelming dream,few days before d dream my wife who is a foreign national accused me of singing praise and worship songs between 2-4am midnight powerfully in my sleep,sometim's in d week at about about 3am,i got up crying loudly singing anointing song oh  MY GOD is for real non-believers,i saw a beautiful puzzled like human shape in a cloud carrying a baby soaked from head to toes in Anointing oil,oh my God,it was Powerful brethern,the feeling is out of extra ordinary,i pray d non believers in dis forum to encounter something greater!

in response to your query about what this dream means, its very simple actually: you say you are not born again, but that human like figure with the baby in its arms represents you being born again and made new. Although you dont feel this way, God is encouraging you to accept him, to come towards him. The choice is yours, as that is what Christianity is all about. God will not force you to adhere to his doctrines, but if you do, he promises rewards beyond measure. By rewards, I dont mean material possessions, what I mean is peace. That baby annointed in Holy Oil represents what you COULD be, if you accept, and fully embrace Christianity. You will be as a baby. You will be made new, you will be made whole. You will be protected, as a babe in it's mother's arm, with no worries at all, but being fed the milk.  And the milk is the nourishment that can only be obtained from God. He is a healer, and I am here to testify that he can fix what is broken!!!! Hallelujah!!!!!

Before I decided to respond to this post, I got down on knees and prayed to God to put the right words on my heart, which would then travel down to my fingertips, thereby reaching those who were willing to receive and listen to what it is that I have to say, once I press "enter". I am not hallucinating, nor am I crazy. God has given me special abilities, to see that what is beyond the capabilities of many humans. But I know I am not the only one who sees. I see the good, and along with that I also see the bad.

Why bad things happen to good people? I do not know the answer to that. All I know is that everyone in this world has their own cross to bear. We must not fall under the weight of it. We may stumble, but we must not give up. Know that as we go through our trials and tribulations, we are not alone. He is with us every step of the way. Even as we move through darkness, He is still there.  

I am not trying to convert anyone, I merely seek to share my experiences with others. Many people keep their mouths closed about these sorts of things for fear of being called crazy or looney, but that is a risk that I am willing to take in order to spread the good news. Also, I do not have any problem with other religions. You believe what you believe, and as long as you are happy and not hurting anyone, more power to you. I dont condon what those muslims did to the Christians in Nigeria on Christmas day. But you must understand, there are many demagogues and rogues who twist the "word" to suit their own needs, influencing those with a need to follow and be led, to do thier bidding. But know this is not of God. This is not what He intended. It does nothing but arouse His anger, and believe you me, they will pay for their iniquities. God does not like ugly.

In closing, I want to share an experience of mine with you all. Last week, I had the pleasure with talking to a lady who was down and out. Her husband has left her, and she was very distraught. Now I dont know why, but for as long as I can remember, people have always felt comfortable enough to confide in me and tell me things that for so long, have resided in the deepest recesses of their souls. When people meet me, they no longer feel the need to keep these things bottled up inside, and I am more than happy to lend an ear. This lady was muslim, and she was questioning her faith. I urged her not to give up, because God never gives us more than we can handle. She asked me why she was going through such hardships. I had no answers. God works in mysterious ways, and I long ago gave up trying to decipher his actions. The whys no longer matter, and I imparted this belief to her. She asked me to pray for her. I dont know much about Islam, so I asked her if she wanted me to pray to Allah. But she said God and Allah was the same being. I then asked her did she want me to pray for her right then and there. So we prayed together. After I was done, I asked her did she feel better. She said yes, and thanked me profusely. I told her there was no need for that, I was only doing what my religion urged me to do, which is to love my neigbor as I love myself. Long after we parted ways, I began to think long and hard of our chance encounter. It then occured to me that a muslim and a christian had actually prayed together!!!! We were actually able to join hands and fellowship!!! Nothing else mattered but that connection to the one above, which we both sought!!!! God was amongst us. God was there. He had covered us both. He had joined two factions. And we were as one. This, my friends, is the meaning of life, and why we are placed on this earth.

Here I am

Look at me

I hope you like

the person you see

we're the same

but different too

learn from me

I'll learn from you
Re: Have You Ever Seen An Angel Before? by 9jauk: 11:19am On Feb 03, 2012
TisaBone:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hmmmm, God is for real people.i relocated to uk about 7yrs now,ve had volume's of Dreams good and bad,i'm a converted muslim to xtianity i'm a believer but not a Born again,i had this overwhelming dream,few days before d dream my wife who is a foreign national accused me of singing praise and worship songs between 2-4am midnight powerfully in my sleep,sometim's in d week at about about 3am,i got up crying loudly singing anointing song oh  MY GOD is for real non-believers,i saw a beautiful puzzled like human shape in a cloud carrying a baby soaked from head to toes in Anointing oil,oh my God,it was Powerful brethern,the feeling is out of extra ordinary,i pray d non believers in dis forum to encounter something greater!

in response to your query about what this dream means, its very simple actually: you say you are not born again, but that human like figure with the baby in its arms represents you being born again and made new. Although you dont feel this way, God is encouraging you to accept him, to come towards him. The choice is yours, as that is what Christianity is all about. God will not force you to adhere to his doctrines, but if you do, he promises rewards beyond measure. By rewards, I dont mean material possessions, what I mean is peace. That baby annointed in Holy Oil represents what you COULD be, if you accept, and fully embrace Christianity. You will be as a baby. You will be made new, you will be made whole. You will be protected, as a babe in it's mother's arm, with no worries at all, but being fed the milk.  And the milk is the nourishment that can only be obtained from God. He is a healer, and I am here to testify that he can fix what is broken!!!! Hallelujah!!!!!

Before I decided to respond to this post, I got down on knees and prayed to God to put the right words on my heart, which would then travel down to my fingertips, thereby reaching those who were willing to receive and listen to what it is that I have to say, once I press "enter". I am not hallucinating, nor am I crazy. God has given me special abilities, to see that what is beyond the capabilities of many humans. But I know I am not the only one who sees. I see the good, and along with that I also see the bad.

Why bad things happen to good people? I do not know the answer to that. All I know is that everyone in this world has their own cross to bear. We must not fall under the weight of it. We may stumble, but we must not give up. Know that as we go through our trials and tribulations, we are not alone. He is with us every step of the way. Even as we move through darkness, He is still there.  

I am not trying to convert anyone, I merely seek to share my experiences with others. Many people keep their mouths closed about these sorts of things for fear of being called crazy or looney, but that is a risk that I am willing to take in order to spread the good news. Also, I do not have any problem with other religions. You believe what you believe, and as long as you are happy and not hurting anyone, more power to you. I dont condon what those muslims did to the Christians in Nigeria on Christmas day. But you must understand, there are many demagogues and rogues who twist the "word" to suit their own needs, influencing those with a need to follow and be led, to do thier bidding. But know this is not of God. This is not what He intended. It does nothing but arouse His anger, and believe you me, they will pay for their iniquities. God does not like ugly.

In closing, I want to share an experience of mine with you all. Last week, I had the pleasure with talking to a lady who was down and out. Her husband has left her, and she was very distraught. Now I dont know why, but for as long as I can remember, people have always felt comfortable enough to confide in me and tell me things that for so long, have resided in the deepest recesses of their souls. When people meet me, they no longer feel the need to keep these things bottled up inside, and I am more than happy to lend an ear. This lady was muslim, and she was questioning her faith. I urged her not to give up, because God never gives us more than we can handle. She asked me why she was going through such hardships. I had no answers. God works in mysterious ways, and I long ago gave up trying to decipher his actions. The whys no longer matter, and I imparted this belief to her. She asked me to pray for her. I dont know much about Islam, so I asked her if she wanted me to pray to Allah. But she said God and Allah was the same being. I then asked her did she want me to pray for her right then and there. So we prayed together. After I was done, I asked her did she feel better. She said yes, and thanked me profusely. I told her there was no need for that, I was only doing what my religion urged me to do, which is to love my neigbor as I love myself. Long after we parted ways, I began to think long and hard of our chance encounter. It then occured to me that a muslim and a christian had actually prayed together!!!! We were actually able to join hands and fellowship!!! Nothing else mattered but that connection to the one above, which we both sought!!!! God was amongst us. God was there. He had covered us both. He had joined two factions. And we were as one. This, my friends, is the meaning of life, and why we are placed on this earth.

Here I am

Look at me

I hope you like

the person you see

we're the same

but different too

learn from me

I'll learn from you

You blew my mind with ur write up absolute brilliant,thanks alot for the intepretation of my dream,hw can i get in touch with you,kindly reply with ur email address,we can take it from there Thanks alot.
Re: Have You Ever Seen An Angel Before? by emofine2(f): 12:57pm On Feb 03, 2012
Long One:

So, what happened after? Did the pleasures of this world get to you?

It wasn’t so much the pleasures of this world that enticed me as such. It was the rehearsal and mimicking that I grew tired of (truth be told I wasn’t a “true” believer more just a “follower” and it wasn’t of my own choosing which made me question the sincerity in my supposed conviction).
After all it was not my own belief it was my parents belief in which I never inherited sadly for them. I never formed such notions independently to be confident enough to call myself a true "Christian" when I was being moulded into one.
Besides I don’t believe faith is hereditary so I’ve embarked on my own personal journey. And on the contrary I am not easily seduced by the pleasures of this world if anything I was seeking for something otherworldly and for me – religion (more so an involuntary one) cannot seal the hole I wanted to fill. Spiritualism over materialism any day.
Re: Have You Ever Seen An Angel Before? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 03, 2012
@Op, I Think my Wife is One cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen An Angel Before? by LongOne1(m): 5:12pm On Feb 03, 2012
emöfine:

It wasn’t so much the pleasures of this world that enticed me as such. It was the rehearsal and mimicking that I grew tired of (truth be told I wasn’t a “true” believer more just a “follower” and it wasn’t of my own choosing which made me question the sincerity in my supposed conviction).
After all it was not my own belief it was my parents belief in which I never inherited sadly for them. I never formed such notions independently to be confident enough to call myself a true "Christian" when I was being moulded into one.
Besides I don’t believe faith is hereditary so I’ve embarked on my own personal journey. And on the contrary I am not easily seduced by the pleasures of this world if anything I was seeking for something otherworldly and for me – religion (more so an involuntary one) cannot seal the hole I wanted to fill. Spiritualism over materialism any day.

Okay, just be careful. I have been down that road; I delved deep into spirituality because I was looking for answers and in the process, almost got lost, still many things I know today that I wish I didn’t. I believe now that most of the answers will be revealed after lights out, so no need to search.

I feel you should try your parent’s method first, but try it for yourself. In the words of Friedrich Nietzsche ‘…if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you’ so when you seek something different, it changes you. This change could either lead you into darkness, or lead you into the light.
Re: Have You Ever Seen An Angel Before? by DonJuan1(m): 8:07pm On Feb 03, 2012
don_chido:

>>brother, you have wholeheartedly exemplified the beauty of the written word and the spoken english God bless your future, more Grease to your elbows<<

@ Don_Chido: Thank you for your compliment. More grease to your elbows too.
Re: Have You Ever Seen An Angel Before? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 17, 2012
Angels are real. I have seen one in my dream.

I love Jesus. God is real. He loves us.

All you need to do is talk to God. Tell him to reveal secrets to you, but you must be ready by preparing yourself. Accept Jesus.

I performed my first miracle at the age of 16. Before then i had doubts about christianity but that great miracle experience has made me clinge tightly to God. He is bigger than all lifes problem. At a snap of finger he can heal the deadliest of diseases, why not connect with him and become invincible and untouchable. With your words you can move mountains. Even when i curse in anger, it happens ASAP. God loves us all and wants our unwavering loyalty. Give your life to Jesus and experience peace, joy beyond explanation.

God bless you all
Re: Have You Ever Seen An Angel Before? by TarryFour: 11:43pm On May 16, 2013
Looking for knowledge? Look here -and get inform others!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaXd_S4tAuw

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Did You Know Japan Bans Islam And ALL Muslims? / The Spirit World. What's Your Take? / Religious Man Has Kept His Hand Raised For 38 Years (PIC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.