Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Will Animals Go To Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Animals Go To Heaven? (1861 Views)

Pope Francis: 'all Animals Go To Heaven' / Where Do Animals Go To When They Die. / Where Do Souls of Animals Go??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Animals Go To Heaven? by bingbagbo(m): 6:07pm On Feb 02, 2012
will sinful animals go to hell? undecided
Re: Will Animals Go To Heaven? by Rossikk(m): 7:41pm On Feb 02, 2012
Like humans, all animals transit to the Afterlife. It's a natural process. And 'hell' does not exist, but is rather, just another silly Jewish myth that's been drummed into your head.

1 Like

Re: Will Animals Go To Heaven? by Lasinoh: 11:06pm On Feb 02, 2012
Of course animals will go to heaven. What will you eat there?
Was the Serpent not in the garden of Eden? grin
Only your God knows what he will put there next to 'entice' you.
So both your eyes would be opened after 'chopping' the forbidden fruit again.
Abi, no chopping of 'congo meat' for 'eaven? cheesy
Re: Will Animals Go To Heaven? by benodic: 11:37am On Feb 03, 2012
Animals are souls too. Just in another body different from humans. And like humans too they are in the process of spiritual evolution and maturation.
Re: Will Animals Go To Heaven? by mazaje(m): 11:43am On Feb 03, 2012
Everybody with his own made up fairy tales. . . .@OP, any body that tells you he knows anything about animals after they die is simply LYING. . . .
Re: Will Animals Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Feb 03, 2012
Levae animals first, your bible even told you in Ecclesiates that When a man dies, he goes to the ground, meaning he dies, no afterlife, no zoom zoom to the clouds or down below to 'hell''. Same goes for animals.

1 Like

Re: Will Animals Go To Heaven? by emofine2(f): 12:50pm On Feb 03, 2012
bin gbagbo:

What consitutes as "sin" in the animal kingdom?

Who are the "chosen" breed or group of animals that will thus go forth into the animal kingdom and preach the "good news" for the "sinners" to repent?

Did Jesus die for the animals?

What will become of the poor pigs who are in certain relgious denomination considered as filthy and dirty?

Not everything that exists among the community of humans is present or can be mapped out into the animal world . . ."Thank God" wink
Re: Will Animals Go To Heaven? by dapsycool(m): 1:01pm On Feb 03, 2012
Commandments for animals:

Thou shall not bite or devour
Thou shall not look lustfully at the opposite gender
Thou shall not forcefully make love with the opposite gender, like the chickens do
Thou shall willing give your life to Calabar people as dinner recipe (for dogs)
, to be continued,

Failure to abide by my laws will lead you to Canada grin
Re: Will Animals Go To Heaven? by Heathen(m): 3:38pm On Feb 03, 2012
do animals even sin? Lmao
Re: Will Animals Go To Heaven? by maclatunji: 4:03pm On Feb 03, 2012
Christians will find this one difficult to answer tongue grin

Frosbel, Davidlyan where art thou?
Re: Will Animals Go To Heaven? by bingbagbo(m): 7:09pm On Feb 03, 2012

still not answered angry
Re: Will Animals Go To Heaven? by numo86(m): 12:10am On Feb 04, 2012
animals wont go to heaven & cant go, infact let us understand d reason why some humans will go to heaven, ordinarily it was never Gods purpose for some humans to go to heaven or humans to leave in heaven, going to heaven was a provision that was made available in other for God to accomplish his purpose of humans living perfectly just as adam did b4 he sinned, now those few humans do have an assignment to do up there,a serious 1 to be specific, to rule wit Jesus as co-priests and kings, revelation chapter 20 verse 6 to be specific ,tells us of that weighty assignment,
those are definitly assignments that animals cant fit into to, neither children nor adolescents, so for many who tink goin to heaven is to play ps3,chop food,marry,give birth,go to toilet and do normal things that humans do,then they are on a long thing, isiah's prophecies gives us a glimpse of how animals & humans wil live together forever here on earth, as @ that time as recorded in isaiah chapter 11:1-9 animals will enjoy peace & tranquility amongst themselves and also wit humans,

SO ANIMALS WILL & CANNOT GOTO HEAVEN,
Re: Will Animals Go To Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:06am On Feb 04, 2012
diluminati:

Levae animals first, your bible even told you in Ecclesiates that When a man dies, he goes to the ground, meaning he dies, no afterlife, no zoom zoom to the clouds or down below to 'hell''. Same goes for animals.

Where is that in your bible?  Did you mean to quote Ecclesiastes 3:21? that says:

"Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?"

Unless you are quoting from another book. undecided
Re: Will Animals Go To Heaven? by maclatunji: 5:44pm On Feb 04, 2012
So, if animals won't go to heaven what will happen to them tongue
Re: Will Animals Go To Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:19pm On Feb 04, 2012
maclatunji:

So, if animals won't go to heaven what will happen to them  tongue

The molecules of the animal's body disintegrate back to their basic elements (Ecclesiastes 12:7).  wink

"Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it" (Ecclesiastes 12:7).
Re: Will Animals Go To Heaven? by maclatunji: 6:28pm On Feb 04, 2012
Are you saying there will be no judgement for animals under the teachings of Christianity?
Re: Will Animals Go To Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:47pm On Feb 04, 2012
maclatunji:

Are you saying there will be no judgement for animals under the teachings of Christianity?

What judgment do you want to mete out on your bingo?
Re: Will Animals Go To Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:33pm On Feb 04, 2012
bin gbagbo:

Are animals moral beings that requires them to be responsible and accountable?
Re: Will Animals Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 04, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

The molecules of the animal's body disintegrate back to their basic elements (Ecclesiastes 12:7). wink

This is hilarious. Let's see what the bible really says because it's a sin to take verses out of context in order to justify animals not going to heaven. My pet goat died last year and I'm sure he is frolicking with Jesus right now.

Ecclesiastes 12  
12:1 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;  
12:2 While the sun, or the light, or the moon, or the stars, be not darkened, nor the clouds return after the rain:  
12:3 In the day when the keepers of the house shall tremble, and the strong men shall bow themselves, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those that look out of the windows be darkened,  
12:4 And the doors shall be shut in the streets, when the sound of the grinding is low, and he shall rise up at the voice of the bird, and all the daughters of musick shall be brought low;  
12:5 Also when they shall be afraid of that which is high, and fears shall be in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail: because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets:  
12:6 Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.  
12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.  
12:8 Vanity of vanities, saith the preacher; all is vanity.     
12:9 And moreover, because the preacher was wise, he still taught the people knowledge; yea, he gave good heed, and sought out, and set in order many proverbs.

I don't think that verse is talking about animals professor olaadegbu.
Re: Will Animals Go To Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:20pm On Feb 04, 2012
Martian:

This is hilarious. Let's see what the bible really says because it's a sin to take verses out of context in order to justify animals not going to heaven. My pet goat died last year and I'm sure he is frolicking with Jesus right now.

Ecclesiastes 12  
12:1 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;  
12:2 While the sun, or the light, or the moon, or the stars, be not darkened, nor the clouds return after the rain:  
12:3 In the day when the keepers of the house shall tremble, and the strong men shall bow themselves, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those that look out of the windows be darkened,  
12:4 And the doors shall be shut in the streets, when the sound of the grinding is low, and he shall rise up at the voice of the bird, and all the daughters of musick shall be brought low;  
12:5 Also when they shall be afraid of that which is high, and fears shall be in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail: because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets:  
12:6 Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.  
12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.  
12:8 Vanity of vanities, saith the preacher; all is vanity.     
12:9 And moreover, because the preacher was wise, he still taught the people knowledge; yea, he gave good heed, and sought out, and set in order many proverbs.

I don't think that verse is talking about animals professor olaadegbu.

There are four metaphors that deal with death when one gets older.  Verse 6 in particular talks about the silver cord, golden bowl, the pitcher and the wheel.  Verse 7 talks about dust returning to earth in accordance of the curse pronounced on man at the beginning.

If I were you I would take heed on the advice given in verse 1 that says that you should remember your creator in the days of your youth before you get to the point of no return.
Re: Will Animals Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Feb 04, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

There are four metaphors that deal with death when one gets older. Verse 6 in particular talks about the silver cord, golden bowl, the pitcher and the wheel. Verse 7 talks about dust returning to earth in accordance of the curse pronounced on man at the beginning.

If I were you I would take heed on the advice given in verse 1 that says that you should remember your creator in the days of your youth before you get to the point of no return.

Metaphorically or literally, I still don't see why you tried to use that verse to bar my pet goat from heaven. What do silver cords, golden bowls, pitchers and wheels have to do with the fate of Wildebeests going to heaven to munch on sweet heavenly grasslands?

1 Like

Re: Will Animals Go To Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:42pm On Feb 04, 2012
Martian:

Metaphorically or literally, I still don't see why you tried to use that verse to bar my pet goat from heaven. What do silver cords, golden bowls, pitchers and wheels have to do with the fate of Wildebeests going to heaven to munch on sweet heavenly grasslands?

Don't worry about your pet goat munching on sweet heavenly grassland, there are enough heavenly animals to do a good job over there. You should be concerned whether your spirit man goes back to its maker unprepared or not.
Re: Will Animals Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 04, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Don't worry about your pet goat munching on sweet heavenly grassland, there are enough heavenly animals to do a good job over there. You should be concerned whether your spirit man goes back to its maker unprepared or not.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Animals do go to heaven. Next time don't try to confuse us with this
OLAADEGBU:

The molecules of the animal's body disintegrate back to their basic elements (Ecclesiastes 12:7).  wink

When you get to heaven, give my goat a hug because I'll be in hell having barbecue with the devil.
Re: Will Animals Go To Heaven? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:38pm On Feb 07, 2012
Rossikk:

Like humans, all animals transit to the Afterlife. It's a natural process. And 'hell' does not exist, but is rather, just another silly Jewish myth that's been drummed into your head.

YES TRUE! ANIMALS WILL ALSO EXPERENCE AFTERLIFE! their spiritual energy will be reincarnated and find a new body, since energy can neither be created nor destroyed, but is conserved. and the soul is a form of spiritual energy. cool

heaven and hell is garbage.
Re: Will Animals Go To Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:59pm On Feb 07, 2012
Martian:

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Animals do go to heaven. Next time don't try to confuse us with this

Who said animals go to heaven? Except you are referring to the horses of fire that took Elijah to heaven. cheesy

Martian:

When you get to heaven, give my goat a hug because I'll be in hell having barbecue with the devil.

What goat will you be using for barbecue down below?
Re: Will Animals Go To Heaven? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:25pm On Feb 08, 2012
you are an animal too Olaadegbu. the only difference between you and chimpanzee is that you can speak and he cannot. dont forget you roots. cool
Re: Will Animals Go To Heaven? by cynthiafred67(f): 1:43pm On Feb 08, 2012
So animals don't go to heaven? Na wah Oo
Re: Will Animals Go To Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:23pm On Feb 09, 2012
cynthiafred67:

So animals don't go to heaven? Na wah Oo

They don't go to hell either but you may get to see them when you return back to earth from heaven. cheesy
Re: Will Animals Go To Heaven? by bingbagbo(m): 2:37pm On May 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

They don't go to hell either but you may get to see them when you return back to earth from heaven. cheesy

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Will Animals Go To Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:45pm On May 10, 2013
bin gbagbo:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Praise the Lord!cheesy

Re: Will Animals Go To Heaven? by edcode(f): 4:56pm On May 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Praise the Lord!cheesy

LMAO. Anything to strengthen your faith.
Re: Will Animals Go To Heaven? by bingbagbo(m): 6:34pm On May 15, 2013
edcode:

LMAO. Anything to strengthen your faith.

grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

That Adam And Eve Story... / Forgive Me Everyone Pls / Who Can Explain This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.