Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,355 members, 7,812,012 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

An Atheist Reviews The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Atheist Reviews The Bible (6031 Views)

Poll: which book reads like an acid trip

genesis: 25% (1 vote)
daniel: 0% (0 votes)
ezekiel: 0% (0 votes)
revelation: 75% (3 votes)
exodus: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Why I Am Not An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Atheist Reviews The Bible by ea7(m): 12:06am On Feb 05, 2012
THE BOOK OF REVELATION
SO, A GUY CALLED JOHN OF PATMOS. ONE OF JESUS' FORMER DISCIPLES {IMPLIED} HAD A VISION AS HE WAS EXILED.
HE SAW A DUDE IN WHITE AND GOLD. HOLDING 7 STARS(!?), 7 LAMPSTANDS AND WIELDING A SWORD IN HIS MOUTH RORONOA ZORO STYLE. SO THE DUDE JOHN ANNOUNCES SOME STUFF TO THE ANGELS OF SEVEN CHURCHES AND BREAKS THE FOURTH WALL TO TALK TO MODERN CHRISTIANS. REV 3:16. HE IS TAKEN TO HEAVEN AND MEETS SOME FREAKY EYED CREATURES WHO ALONG WITH 24 ELDERS BOW DOWN TO GOD SPONTANEOUSLY WHILE GROVELLING AT HIS FEET.
GOD SITS ON A THRONE(HEAVEN IS A MONARCHY?). SOME THINGS HAPPEN. A STRONG ANGEL (THERE ARE WEAK ANGELS?) BRINGS UP A SCROLL NO ONE CAN OPEN(BUIT I REALLY REALLY WANTED TO READ THAT BOOK embarassed) THEN THE LION OF JUDAH (ACTUALLY A MUTANT SEVEN EYED SEVEN HORNED LAMB CREATURE) BREAKS THE SEALS TO A BOOK WHICH HOLDS(HUH?)4 HORSEMEN AN EARTHQUAKE AN ECLIPSE, THEN GOD SEALS UP SOME 144000 JEWS(CUZ ANGELS CANT TELL BETWEEN SAVED AND UNBELIEVERS) ANY WAY ANGELS WITH SEVEN(OBSESSED MUCH) PREPARE TO SOUND NOTES OF DOOM ON EARTH PT 1 CONC. PT 2 CMING UP
Re: An Atheist Reviews The Bible by Lasinoh: 4:01am On Feb 05, 2012
So much for an 'unchanging' God.
From the Old Testament to the New Testament.
What next? grin
Re: An Atheist Reviews The Bible by ea7(m): 8:11am On Feb 05, 2012
SO. THE FIRST TRUMPET SUMMONS HAIL FIRE AND BLOOD, THE SECOND A MOUNTAIN. THE THIRD MAKES A STA FALL FROM HEAVEN TO INCINERATE THE EARTH, I MEAN TO MAKE THE WATERS BITTER. THE FOURTH MAKES IT COLDER BY A THIRD WHILE THE FIFTH SENDS ANOTHER STAR (EARTH'S GRAVITY IS A B.I.T.C.H) WHICH FORMS A BOTTOMLESS PIT AND LOCUST LION SNAKE HUMAN ABOMINATIONS COME OUT. THEY ARE TOLD 'GO WILD BUT STAY OFF MY LAWN'. A SIXTH ANGEL SUMMONS FOUR ANGELS WHO WANT TO KILL A (GUESS) , THIRD, OF HUMANITY. THE ANGELS HAVE SOLDIERS WHICH WERE KILLED NY A NUKE, OH I MEAN COULD BELCH FIRE.
Re: An Atheist Reviews The Bible by ea7(m): 6:53pm On Feb 05, 2012
JOHN IS GIVEN A SWEET SCROLL TO EAT. IT TAKES GOOD BUT MAN THAT DIARRHEA IS ONE MEAN S.O.B. SO NEXT WE HAVE, JOHN MEASURING THINGS RANDOMLY. TWO WITNESSES WHO BREATH FIRE, AKATSUKI MEMBERS A NINE TAILED DE, WRONG FANTASY SERIES. NEXT ON GODS FORECAST IS,
Re: An Atheist Reviews The Bible by ea7(m): 11:08am On Feb 06, 2012
I'm gonna only do revelations and the gospels unless i get more comments. this is tedious work.
Re: An Atheist Reviews The Bible by ea7(m): 11:13am On Feb 06, 2012
a w0oman in a sundress with crown stars and moon shoes is chased by a seven headed dragon (do i have to make fun of this. it does it by itself) the dragon chases the woman for a bit is flung out of heaven then proves that the earth is extremely durable by flinging half the stars of space into earth.then a leopard with sven heads and crowns comes out and convinces people to worship it (must have been some effort)
Re: An Atheist Reviews The Bible by PastorAIO: 1:18pm On Feb 06, 2012
ea7:

THE BOOK OF REVELATION
SO, A GUY CALLED JOHN OF PATMOS. ONE OF JESUS' FORMER DISCIPLES {IMPLIED} HAD A VISION AS HE WAS EXILED.
HE SAW A DUDE IN WHITE AND GOLD. HOLDING 7 STARS(!?), 7 LAMPSTANDS AND WIELDING A SWORD IN HIS MOUTH RORONOA ZORO STYLE. SO THE DUDE JOHN ANNOUNCES SOME STUFF TO THE ANGELS OF SEVEN CHURCHES AND BREAKS THE FOURTH WALL TO TALK TO MODERN CHRISTIANS. REV 3:16. HE IS TAKEN TO HEAVEN AND MEETS SOME FREAKY EYED CREATURES WHO ALONG WITH 24 ELDERS BOW DOWN TO GOD SPONTANEOUSLY WHILE GROVELLING AT HIS FEET.
GOD SITS ON A THRONE[b](HEAVEN IS A MONARCHY?)[/b]. SOME THINGS HAPPEN. A STRONG ANGEL (THERE ARE WEAK ANGELS?) BRINGS UP A SCROLL NO ONE CAN OPEN(BUIT I REALLY REALLY WANTED TO READ THAT BOOK embarassed) THEN THE LION OF JUDAH (ACTUALLY A MUTANT SEVEN EYED SEVEN HORNED LAMB CREATURE) BREAKS THE SEALS TO A BOOK WHICH HOLDS(HUH?)4 HORSEMEN AN EARTHQUAKE AN ECLIPSE, THEN GOD SEALS UP SOME 144000 JEWS(CUZ ANGELS CANT TELL BETWEEN SAVED AND UNBELIEVERS) ANY WAY ANGELS WITH SEVEN(OBSESSED MUCH) PREPARE TO SOUND NOTES OF DOOM ON EARTH PT 1 CONC. PT 2 CMING UP

For your encouragement so you don't give up from the tedium let me just add that in face heaven is a democracy, like USA - God's own country. Only that we would all have been enlightened by then and so we will always vote in Jesus for president.
Re: An Atheist Reviews The Bible by Nobody: 1:18pm On Feb 06, 2012
ea7:

a w0oman in a sundress with crown stars and moon shoes is chased by a seven headed dragon (do i have to make fun of this. it does it by itself) the dragon chases the woman for a bit is flung out of heaven then proves that the earth is extremely durable by flinging half the stars of space into earth.then a leopard with sven heads and crowns comes out and convinces people to worship it (must have been some effort)

Why is one of these considered real and the other mythology?

Re: An Atheist Reviews The Bible by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 06, 2012
Pastor AIO:

For your encouragement so you don't give up from the tedium let me just add that in face heaven is a democracy, like USA - God's own country. Only that we would all have been enlightened by then and so we will always vote in Jesus for president.

Who will he be running against if he is the perfect candidate that will get 100% of the vote everytime? You know where your kind of "heavenly" elections happen? NORTH KOREA, where the Dear Leader always received all the vote and now 100% of the vote will now go to Kim Jung Un, THE SUPREME LEADER. lmfao, heaven sounds like a communist state feigning democracy.

About US and you guys always saying it was founded on so called "Christian Principles",it's about time it stopped. lets look at what one the founding fathers signed in 1796.

Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.
http://avalon.law.yale.edu/18th_century/bar1796t.asp

Also, the constitution doesn't say anything about the christian god or his illegitimate son.
Re: An Atheist Reviews The Bible by ea7(m): 1:32pm On Feb 06, 2012
Heaven. A democracy. Lol.
@above poster And thx fr the pic, it's just christian double think.
Re: An Atheist Reviews The Bible by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 06, 2012
ea7:

Heaven. A democracy. Lol.
@above poster And thx fr the pic, it's just christian double think.

Actually, I shouldn't compare greek mythology to this travesty from revelations. At least greek mythology sounded "believable". A flying horse, a sea monster and a damsel in distress. The revelations one is about a freaking seven headed dragon chasing a woman in a sun(literally?) dress and stars falling INTO THE EARTH> The sh#t is so ignorant, I wonder how anyone can take it serious.
Re: An Atheist Reviews The Bible by ea7(m): 1:42pm On Feb 06, 2012
ALRIGHT. BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED ALL CAPS BIBLE STUDY.
REV 13:11-18 JOHN IS HIGH ON LSD AND SEES ANOTHER BEAST. THIS ONE HAS THE VOIE OF A DRAGON WITH AM HORNS (HOW ARE THEY SUPPOSED TO RULE THE WORLD, MY FIRST REACTION TO SUCH MONSTERS WOULD BE KILL THEM TO DEATH, OVER AND OVER AND , ) THE BEAST USES JUJU AND DECEIVES THE EASILY DECEIVED HUMANS, HE COULD BRING STATUES TO LIFE AND FORCED EVERONE TO HAVE A MARK ON THEIR FOREHEAD(AS FOR ME AND MY HOUSEHOLD. IN UZI WE TRUST)
Re: An Atheist Reviews The Bible by ea7(m): 2:15pm On Feb 06, 2012
Then, the mutant seven eyed seven horned lamb makes another appearance with the 144,000 who have his name written on their foreheads, and his father wo is also him. All were virgins (figures). They sang a new song which sounded like lightning and rushing water (Mozart eat that). They follow the lamb and were bought as offerings for him (Sounds nice)
Next an angel flew around earth saying and i paraphrase 'BOW DOWN TO THE GREAT AND MIGHTY GOD KNEEL. HE IS YOUR LORD SO BOW. Peace.'
A second followed and said 'DOOM AND DOOM AND MORE DOOM ON BABYLON'
Re: An Atheist Reviews The Bible by ea7(m): 2:15pm On Feb 06, 2012
Then, the mutant seven eyed seven horned lamb makes another appearance with the 144,000 who have his name written on their foreheads, and his father wo is also him. All were virgins (figures). They sang a new song which sounded like lightning and rushing water (Mozart eat that). They follow the lamb and were bought as offerings for him (Sounds nice)
Next an angel flew around earth saying and i paraphrase 'BOW DOWN TO THE GREAT AND MIGHTY GOD KNEEL. HE IS YOUR LORD SO BOW. Peace.'
A second followed and said 'DOOM AND DOOM AND MORE DOOM ON BABYLON'
Re: An Atheist Reviews The Bible by PastorAIO: 2:46pm On Feb 06, 2012
Do you think that the writer of revelations was making literal descriptions or symbolic?

so some people think that the story of Perseus and Andromeda actually happened as literally told. Fascinating!!
Re: An Atheist Reviews The Bible by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 06, 2012
Pastor AIO:

Do you think that the writer of revelations was making literal descriptions or symbolic?

He wasn't making ANY SENSE whatsoever talkless of trying to make "literal or symbolic" descriptions. The old christian switcheroo of, "it's not literal, its a metaphor" when confronted with the patent absurdity of their beliefs.

Pastor AIO:

so some people think that the story of Perseus and Andromeda actually happened as literally told. Fascinating!!

lol, your sarcasm is fascinating indeed. No one thinks the greek legends are real but there is a mulitude of ignorant christians who think the entire bible should be taken literally. Then there are two faced people like you who speak out of both sides of your mouth and call some things (that sound just as ridiculous to you as it sounds to unbelievers) "symbolic" and the one you can accept, "literal".

Lets take a big a$$ leap of faith and say the seven headed dragon is actually symbolic. WHAT DOES THE SHENANIGAN REPRESENT?
Re: An Atheist Reviews The Bible by ea7(m): 3:29pm On Feb 06, 2012
Yo, Pastor. There's a third option, he is talking out of his a.s.s
Comments and constructive criticism encouraged from Christians, muslims, mustians budhists, atheists e.t.c.
A THIRD ANDEL FOLLOWS THEM AND SAYS ' IF ANY TAKES THE MARK OF THE BEAST HE SHALL BE ROASTED BY US. SO ENDURE PEACE NIGGERS'
THERE IS A HARVEST( A NO PRIZE TO WHOEVER CAN INTERPRETE THIS SYMBOLICALLY WITHOUT SOUNDING LIKE A TAPE RECORDER .E NO COPY PASTA)
SEVEN ANGELS STAND WITH BOWLS OF GOD'S WRATH(SOME ONE NEEDS TO SEE AN OMNIPOTENT PSYCHIATRIST:sad) THE ANGELS GROVEL (AS USUAL) AND POUR OUT BOWLS OF ANGER ON EARTH.
THEN GOD POURS OUT THE FINAL PLAGUE TO SHOW HIS GODLY POWER, OH YEAH BIG G SHOW THAT ANTICHRIST WHAT YOU'VE GOT, AND F'S UP. WOW AN EARTHQUAKE, AND LIGHTNING, HOW IMPRESSIVE. LET ME RECIPROCRATE BY SHOWING YOU MY DEADLY EYE ROLL.
THEN GOD ARRESTS SATAN, THROWS HIM IN A PRISON AND FREES HIM ATER 1000YRS (WHY?). THEN HE COMES OUT AND PEOPLE FLOCK TO HIM (SHOWS HOW GOOD JESUS' REIGN WAS)
GOD THROWS HIM IN HELL INSTEAD OF DESTROYING HIM.
THEN ALL CHRISTIANS GO TO HEAVEN AND SLAVE HAPPILY EVER ATER. AMEN.
Re: An Atheist Reviews The Bible by ea7(m): 3:49pm On Feb 06, 2012
The Gospels:
MATTHEW
BLAH BLAH AH GENEAOLOGY
A WOMAN WAS RAPED BY HE HOLY SPIRIT WHILE SHE WAS ENGAGED. HER HUSBAND JOE PLANNED TO DIVORCE HER QUIETLY WHEN AN ANGEL POPS UP IN HIS DREAM.AND PULLS OUT A PROPHECY SAYING 'A YOUNG WOMAN WILL GET PREGNANT AND DELIVER'(INSIGHTFUL) SO JACOBTAKES ADVICE FROM DREAMS, HE MUST HAVE FAILED AS A BANKER, THE CHILD SHOULD BE CALLED IMMANUL, HE IS NAMED JSUS.
Re: An Atheist Reviews The Bible by PastorAIO: 5:24pm On Feb 06, 2012
Martian:

He wasn't making ANY SENSE whatsoever talkless of trying to make "literal or symbolic" descriptions. The old christian switcheroo of, "it's not literal, its a metaphor" when confronted with the patent absurdity of their beliefs.

I find that 'sense' is often conferred by the reader unto the text or event being regarded. Everything can make sense in some sense or the other. Ultimately it is the senseless mind that looks around and cannot see sense in things.

Martian:

lol, your sarcasm is fascinating indeed. No one thinks the greek legends are real but there is a mulitude of ignorant christians who think the entire bible should be taken literally. Then there are two faced people like you who speak out of both sides of your mouth and call some things (that sound just as ridiculous to you as it sounds to unbelievers) "symbolic" and the one you can accept, "literal".

Lets take a big a$$ leap of faith and say the seven headed dragon is actually symbolic. WHAT DOES THE SHENANIGAN REPRESENT?

I take it that in your understanding there is no literature that has ever been written symbolically. Is it the bible's fault that there are people that take the whole book as literal events?

I wonder why you do not try to understand what my criteria is for considering some parts of the bible literal and other parts symbolic. Just because I read some things both ways seems to be a cardinal sin to you, but you have not criticised my methods. What is wrong with understanding something both ways?

The 7 headed dragon is the ring worm that is afflicting you in your yansh. Due to your poor standards of hygiene, your battyhole is actually heaven for the 7 headed dragon. They say Jiga is the master of the battlefield - jiga ni baba l'ogun. If you win the battle against crawcraw then your have a chance to cast the 7 headed dragon out of heaven.
Re: An Atheist Reviews The Bible by ea7(m): 5:40pm On Feb 06, 2012
Yo Pastor, that was sooo funny. Remind me to laugh. Roll eyes
Re: An Atheist Reviews The Bible by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 06, 2012
Pastor AIO:

I find that 'sense' is often conferred by the reader unto the text or event being regarded.  Everything can make sense in some sense or the other.  Ultimately it is the senseless mind that looks around and cannot see sense in things.

Of course, it's my fault I can't make sense of seven headed dragons and a heavenly democracy with one candidate. So next time you castigate Muslims for their "senseless" beliefs, remember that "sense" is relative.

Pastor AIO:

I take it that in your understanding there is no literature that has ever been written symbolically.  Is it the bible's fault that there are people that take the whole book as literal events? 

My favorite book is  Animal Farm, you should check it out if you haven't. Do I qualify as someone who understands symbolic literature now?

Pastor AIO:

I wonder why you do not try to understand what my criteria is for considering some parts of the bible literal and other parts symbolic.  Just because I read some things both ways seems to be a cardinal sin to you, but you have not criticised my methods.  What is wrong with understanding something both ways?

You're trying to eat your cake and have it. What is this criteria anyway?

Pastor AIO:

The 7 headed dragon is the ring worm that is afflicting you in your yansh.  Due to your poor standards of hygiene, your battyhole is actually heaven for the 7 headed dragon.  They say Jiga is the master of the battlefield - jiga ni baba l'ogun.  If you win the battle against crawcraw then your have a chance to cast the 7 headed dragon out of heaven.

I love it when that veneer of piety comes off and you people start slinging nonsensical insults.
Re: An Atheist Reviews The Bible by PastorAIO: 7:34pm On Feb 06, 2012
Martian:

Of course, it's my fault I can't make sense of seven headed dragons and a heavenly democracy with one candidate. So next time you castigate Muslims for their "senseless" beliefs, remember that "sense" is relative.

I wouldn't use the word 'fault' myself, but that was the general idea, yeah.  And as for the bolded part, we couldn't agree any better.  'sense' is relative.

Martian:

My favorite book is  Animal Farm, you should check it out if you haven't. Do I qualify as someone who understands symbolic literature now?

Please give another considered look at what I wrote.  I asked if you felt there was any such thing as symbolism in literature, and why you felt the bible cannot have symbolic texts in it. 
As to whether or not you can understand symbolic literature I really don't care.  That was not my question.  it seems that for you all metaphors are senseless but some metaphors are more senseless than others. 

Martian:

You're trying to eat your cake and have it. What is this criteria anyway?

I love it when that veneer of piety comes off and you people start slinging nonsensical insults.

Are you asking for criteria because you want to know or because you've come to realise that attacking the bible anyhow without structure or basic criteria to guide your evaluations makes you look 'senseless' to any intelligent person reading. 

I don't think you know me otherwise you wouldn't be talking of veneer of piety.  Yes I might seem pious once in a dozen blue moons, but generally I tend to fall far short of any standards of piety.  My contributions on NL will attest to that.  What you see is what is.  there is no veneer here.
Re: An Atheist Reviews The Bible by proo212(m): 8:03pm On Feb 06, 2012
Kind of sad that you have quietly ignored life changing information in that book on purpose or otherwise.
Re: An Atheist Reviews The Bible by ea7(m): 8:16pm On Feb 06, 2012
ANY WAY THE BABY JESUS IS BORN IN BETHLHEM IN JUDEA. MAGI CUBES ER KINGS COME TO VISIT HIM (TO SEASON HIS FOOD). SO THEY GO TO JERUSALEM BY FOLLOWING A STAR (PASTOR AIO IS THAT ALSO SYMBOLIC). THEY TELL THE KING THEIR BULL STORY AND THE WHOLE TOWN GETS THE BLUES. THE MEN FIND THE STAR OVER MARY AND JOSEPHS HOUSE (WHICH SHOULD BE A PILE OF ASHES ALONG WITH EVERYTHING ELSE). THEY WORSHIP HIM. JOSEPH GETS NIGHTMARES AND FLEES TO EGYPT. HEROD KILLS ONLY BOYS AGED 3 AND BELOW(THIS GOES SUPRISINGLY UNNOTICED BY HISTORIANS)JESUS GOES TO BE BAPTIZED BY JOHN THE BAPTIST.
HE IS LED BY THE HOLY SPIRTI (HIMSELF?)TO THE WILDERNESS WHERE HE FASTS AND PRAYS TO HIMSELF FOR FORTY DAYS AND FORTY NIGHTS. THE DEVIL COMES TO HIM TO SAY THAT HE SHOULD TURN STONES TO BREAD. JESUS QUOTES BIBLE. DEVIL TELLS HIM TO ATTEMPT SUICIDE, JESUS QUOTES SCRITPTURE. THE DEVIL TAKES HIM TO A REALLY HIGH MOUNTAIN WHERE HE CAN SEE ALL THE KINGDOMS OF THE WORLD AND(HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE) JESUS TELLS HIM TO FU.C.K OFF.
COMMENT:WHO WROTE ALL THIS DOWN. HE WAS ALONE. SO JESUS WAS LIKE, SO DUDES ONE DAY ME AND THE DEVIL HAD A BRAWL AND I TOTALLY ONE LOLOLOLOL
JESUS GOES ON A HEALING SPREE
JESUS GIVES THE SERMON ON THE MOUNT AND PEOPLE ARE AMAZED AT HIS WISDOM
CMT: SO I CANCO ON THE ROAD AND BE ALL LIKE BE GOOD DONT STEAL DONT LIE. AND PEOPLE ARE BLOWN AWAY BY MY WISDOM. WOW.
JESUS IS THE XMEN STORM MATT8:23-27
JESUS HEALS TWO DEMON POSSESSED MEN WITH CONVENIENT DIALOGUE. 'JESUS, WHO IS OBVIOUSLY THE SON OF GOD,WHAT DO YOU WANT?' JESUS SENDS THEM INTO PIGS AND KILLS A WHOLE TOWN'S BUSINESS.
JESUS CALLS MATTHEW:SO WHO WAS TELLING THIS STORY
JESUS IS QUESTIONED ABOUT FASTING AND BLOWS OFF A FEW LIES.
NEXT, TWO BLIND MEN OLLOW JESUS(TRULY A MIRACLE)JESUS HEALS THEM.
PHARISEES MAKE A GOOD POINT, IT IS BY THE PRINCE OF DEMONS HE CASTS OUT DEMONS.
JESUS COUNTERS THIS BY READING MINDS AND CONFUSING THEM BY SPOUTING BULL.
CMT: JESUS COULD JUST BE LIKE HEY DUDES IM ACTING HERE SO MAKE IT SNAPPY.
JESUS WALKS ON WATER, LIKE NARUTO.
JESUS TAKES HIS GAY TRIO TO A MOUNTAIN IN PRIVATE (HOW CONVENIENT) AND SUMMONS ELIJAH AND MOSES WHOM PETER SOMEHOW RECOGNIZES.
JESUS MEETS TWO MORE BLIND MEN (THEY TRAVEL IN PACKS OF TWO I GUESS)
JESUS CURSES A FIG TREE FOR NOT BEING RIPE OUT OF SEASON. INSTEAD OF USING HIS GOD POWERS TO RIPEN IT.
JESUS BLOWS ANOTHER LIE (MOUNTAIN JUMPING)
JESUS TELLS OF THE SIGNS OF THE ENDWHICH ARE, FAMINE ,WAR AND EARTHQUAKES. (OOH SO UNNATURAL)
JESUS GOES TO GETHSEMANE.
JESUS IS FRENCHED BY JUDAS (NO HOMO)
JESUS IS ARRESTED AND KILLED.
HE IS BROUGHT BACK BY HIMSELF(?)
Re: An Atheist Reviews The Bible by Image123(m): 11:14pm On Feb 06, 2012
ea7, it seems like you are an unbeliever? Unbelief is sin, are you also a sinner?
Re: An Atheist Reviews The Bible by ea7(m): 5:26am On Feb 07, 2012
Some parts are meant to be funny, some to point out silly and absurd stuff.
Re: An Atheist Reviews The Bible by dekung(m): 10:33am On Feb 07, 2012
@Ea7,
You want to break my head with laughter. But on a more serious note, the real reason why religion thrives especially in this part of the world is because of denial and intentional delusion. If christians would just go out of their way to read outside the box they would learn more. I read Age of Reason and Examination of The Prophecies both written by Thomas Paine and I cant help but wonder how Bible writters have succeeded in deluding humanity for Millenia. I will advice Nlanders to read these books with an open and they can tell me if they would not doubt their faoundational beliefs.
Re: An Atheist Reviews The Bible by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 07, 2012
Pastor AIO:

I wouldn't use the word 'fault' myself, but that was the general idea, yeah.  And as for the bolded part, we couldn't agree any better.  'sense' is relative.

So if sense is relative, you can never claim that your beliefs are absolute. When a muslim says to you, "Jesus is not the son of god" and "God speaks arabic", you will say he doesn't make sense. Just keep in mind that the "trinity" and  "jesus is god" don't make sense to him either.

Pastor AIO:

Please give another considered look at what I wrote.  I asked if you felt there was any such thing as symbolism in literature, and why you felt the bible cannot have symbolic texts in it. 
As to whether or not you can understand symbolic literature I really don't care.  That was not my question.  it seems that for you all metaphors are senseless but some metaphors are more senseless than others. 
Make up your mind, first you ask if I can understand that the bible contain symbolism, then in the next line you don't care if I understand.

Napoleon and his deputies dine with the humans and partake in every vice they swore they will never indulge in, while the rest of the animals look through the windows and console themselves with age old propaganda while they continue to suffer.

What religion does that remind you of? Does that metaphor make sense to you?  lol Nigeria has a few Napoleons and the some of the animals come on this board and spew that good old propaganda.

Pastor AIO:

Are you asking for criteria because you want to know or because you've come to realise that attacking the bible anyhow without structure or basic criteria to guide your evaluations makes you look 'senseless' to any intelligent person reading. 

The only "intelligent(lol) people" that I look "senseless" to are christians. The intelligent people who think a talking snake gave a woman a fruit and caused "the downfall" of mankind. The same intelligent people who think a 600 year old man built a floating zoo that housed every single species on earth. The same intelligent people who think languages came about because mankind tried to build a tower tall enough to visit god in the sky (I wonder what god thinks of the International Space Station). The same intelligent people who think this god sent himself to a remote corner of the middle east 2000+ years ago in order to have himself killed, so he can forgive everyone for the talking snake episode. The black people in this intelligent group didn't even get the good news about this self sacrifice until some other humans from another continent (not the middle east) brought the story to them, then enslaved them while quoting the good book. But now these intelligent black people are like the mourners crying louder than the bereaved when it comes to this god issue. The intelligent people who think seven headed dragons can dump a whole galaxy of stars into the Pacific Ocean. Those intelligent people.

Maybe all the things I just wrote about the bible are symbolic. But they could be literal. They could also be absolute bullsh#t. It's all relative man.

Pastor AIO:

I don't think you know me otherwise you wouldn't be talking of veneer of piety.  Yes I might seem pious once in a dozen blue moons, but generally I tend to fall far short of any stands of piety.  My contributions on NL will attest to that.  What you see is what is.  there is no veneer here.

Got it! You're a Scumbag. That's not suprising though because you already refer to yourself as a "Pastor". Pastor is a synonym for scumbag. lol
Re: An Atheist Reviews The Bible by PastorAIO: 2:14pm On Feb 07, 2012
Mr. Martian, I don't know what is doing you but I sincerely hope that you can find some resolution to your pain soon.

So if sense is relative, you can never claim that your beliefs are absolute. When a muslim says to you, "Jesus is not the son of god" and "God speaks arabic", you will say he doesn't make sense. Just keep in mind that the "trinity" and "jesus is god" don't make sense to him either.

Wait a minute, you need a mega phone so you can preach a little louder. I'm not sure that your choir can quite hear you.

Make up your mind, first you ask if I can understand that the bible contain symbolism, then in the next line you don't care if I understand.

Napoleon and his deputies dine with the humans and partake in every vice they swore they will never indulge in, while the rest of the animals look through the windows and console themselves with age old propaganda while they continue to suffer.

What religion does that remind you of? Does that metaphor make sense to you? lol Nigeria has a few Napoleons and the some of the animals come on this board and spew that good old propaganda.

Chei! Is it that hard for you to grasp such a simple point? Can you appreciate that the Bible contains symbolism? Easy yes or no answer is all that is required. You're trying to impress me with your knowledge of Animal Farm. Napoleon ko, Burn-a-pant ni!

The only "intelligent(lol) people" that I look "senseless" to are christians. The intelligent people who think a talking snake gave a woman a fruit and caused "the downfall" of mankind. The same intelligent people who think a 600 year old man built a floating zoo that housed every single species on earth. The same intelligent people who think languages came about because mankind tried to build a tower tall enough to visit god in the sky (I wonder what god thinks of the International Space Station). The same intelligent people who think this god sent himself to a remote corner of the middle east 2000+ years ago in order to have himself killed, so he can forgive everyone for the talking snake episode. The black people in this intelligent group didn't even get the good news about this self sacrifice until some other humans from another continent (not the middle east) brought the story to them, then enslaved them while quoting the good book. But now these intelligent black people are like the mourners crying louder than the bereaved when it comes to this god issue. The intelligent people who think seven headed dragons can dump a whole galaxy of stars into the Pacific Ocean. Those intelligent people.

Yes, I've always believed that venting frustrations helps to relieve the pain even if it is just for a short while. However if you need more permanent relief then I think that you need to face your issues more squarely and directly.

Got it! You're a Scumbag. That's not suprising though because you already refer to yourself as a "Pastor". Pastor is a synonym for scumbag. lol

Thank you. You can from hereon call me Pastor Scumbag. I don't mind. I'm here for you dude. You can use me as a punchbag if you like. The most important thing is that you get some relief.
Re: An Atheist Reviews The Bible by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 07, 2012
Pastor AIO:

Mr. Martian, I don't know what is doing you but I sincerely hope that you can find some resolution to your pain soon.
Wait a minute, you need a mega phone so you can preach a little louder. I'm not sure that your choir can quite hear you.
Chei! Is it that hard for you to grasp such a simple point? Can you appreciate that the Bible contains symbolism? Easy yes or no answer is all that is required. You're trying to impress me with your knowledge of Animal Farm. Napoleon ko, Burn-a-pant ni!
Yes, I've always believed that venting frustrations helps to relieve the pain even if it is just for a short while. However if you need more permanent relief then I think that you need to face your issues more squarely and directly.
Thank you. You can from hereon call me Pastor Scumbag. I don't mind. I'm here for you dude. You can use me as a punchbag if you like. The most important thing is that you get some relief.

grin
Re: An Atheist Reviews The Bible by Image123(m): 5:08pm On Feb 07, 2012
AIO, take it easy on the poor lad. Don't tamper with his literature grades.
Re: An Atheist Reviews The Bible by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 07, 2012
Image123:

AIO, take it easy on the poor lad. Don't tamper with his literature grades.
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Dangerous Is Unforgiveness To A Christian? / Occult Altar: Powerful Spells On My Occult Altar At Midnight [video][photos] / How can INTELLIGENT people believe in EVOLUTION ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.