Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,166 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Injuries In Anambra Communal Clash, Police Claim It Hasn't Been Briefed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Injuries In Anambra Communal Clash, Police Claim It Hasn't Been Briefed (4579 Views)

Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime / Six Killed In Lagos Communal Clash / 40 Killed, Village Head Beheaded In Cross River Communal Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Injuries In Anambra Communal Clash, Police Claim It Hasn't Been Briefed by nduchucks: 12:17pm On Feb 05, 2012
What kind of police waits to be briefed before doing its job? SMH

NO fewer than 10 persons were yesterday injured in a violent clash in Nkpor, Idemili North local government area of Anambra state over a leadership crisis that has engulfed the community in the last four years.
Eyewitnesses said the bloody incident occurred when a group of boys armed with guns, machetes and other dangerous weapons attacked revenue collectors at the Nkpor main market.  

Chairman of the Caretaker Committee, Mr. Chuma Chukwurah disclosed that the major cause of the lingering crisis in the communitywas the refusal of the Raphael Nnabuife- led executive to vacate office after the expiration of its tenure.

He said the community decided to set up a caretaker committee to handle the affairs of the community after a botched election late last year.

He alleged that Nnabuife, who is also the Caretaker Chairman of Idemilli North local government area, has continued to frustrate all genuine efforts to amicably settle the leadership crisis due to the huge revenue generated in the community.

The revenue, he alleged, were never accounted for, maintaining that "they have carried on as if the community is their private estate". 

Chukwurah said, "I am the authentic caretaker chairman, who was duly commissioned to run the affairs of the community but the other faction bent on frustrating all genuine efforts by the community to achieve peace went to the market and drove our people who were collecting revenue from the market. 

"Although they obeyed and left but they were ambushed by armed thugs who used all kinds of dangerous weapon on them, as we speak about six of them were severely wounded and still in the hospital. They are holding the entire community hostage because of their contacts in government". 

Nnabuife, a lawyer, said that the group claiming to be caretaker committee was not recognised by the community or government authorities. He described them as a group of "bandits" who have been troubling the peace of the community for a very long time.

He confirmed his tenure expired late last year but noted that he was reappointed to continue for another three months when the union’s election was disrupted last year.

Anambra state Police Public Relations Officer, Emeka Chukwuemeka, said that he has not been briefed on the development.    shocked

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/35732-10-injured-in-anambra-communal-clash.html
Re: Injuries In Anambra Communal Clash, Police Claim It Hasn't Been Briefed by sheyguy: 2:27pm On Feb 05, 2012
Can we call this the Igbo versiön of the crisis btw mc oluomo and his rivals?
Aj least we know nobody has monopoly of violence.
Re: Injuries In Anambra Communal Clash, Police Claim It Hasn't Been Briefed by ismhab(m): 2:33pm On Feb 05, 2012
These are the kind of people tha wants rule Nigeria, fighting for the sake of leadership, did they really wants to rule nigeria or are they after destroying it.
Re: Injuries In Anambra Communal Clash, Police Claim It Hasn't Been Briefed by victorazy(m): 2:34pm On Feb 05, 2012
When will this bleeping NL ppl stop posting unnecessary things here on Front Page.
Re: Injuries In Anambra Communal Clash, Police Claim It Hasn't Been Briefed by ismhab(m): 2:38pm On Feb 05, 2012
i wonder, when u give them the leadership of the country, when their tenure is over they will not vacate, see them see trouble.
Re: Injuries In Anambra Communal Clash, Police Claim It Hasn't Been Briefed by lastpage: 2:46pm On Feb 05, 2012
@Victorazy
When will this bleeping NL ppl stop posting unnecessary things here on Front Page.
Dont you see the whole "Game-Pan"?
The whole idea is just a cheap campaign like saying "[size=14pt]Well, we know we are evil BUT we will use every opportunity to show that your own people are evil also"![/size]

In my own opinion, [size=13pt]This "petty squabbles in a market place" that is allowed to degenerate to blood-letting by our inefficient 'Police Farce' IS NOTHING compared to  a systematic support and engagement in TERRORISM, murdering of innocent souls by the Boko Haram folks![/size]

This is a very poor and cheap attempt at negative image laundering!
Next story Please. wink

Lastpage!
Re: Injuries In Anambra Communal Clash, Police Claim It Hasn't Been Briefed by SamIkenna: 3:23pm On Feb 05, 2012
ismhab:

i wonder, when u give them the leadership of the country, when their tenure is over they will not vacate, see them see trouble.

ismhab:

These are the kind of people tha wants rule Nigeria, fighting for the sake of leadership, did they really wants to rule nigeria or are they after destroying it.

At least they didnt send bombs to Abuja or Kano because of community disagreement. Besides we have, for the past 50 yrs, seen how the more "democratic and peaceful" people are leading/rulling (born to rule)/leaving(third term)/annulling the best elections(june 12)/stepping aside(IBB)/refusing to accept reults(Buhari - GEJ preisdency).

My dear, dont you think its better to ignore some news sometimes? Seems like the "in thing" now is to join in any thread thats about bashing one group or another. We all have skeletons you know.
Re: Injuries In Anambra Communal Clash, Police Claim It Hasn't Been Briefed by slam7000(m): 3:24pm On Feb 05, 2012
quote from ismhab,

Re: Injuries In Anambra Communal Clash, Police Claim It Hasn't Been Briefed
« #4 on: Today at 02:38:55 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i wonder, when u give them the leadership of the country, when their tenure is over they will not vacate, see them see trouble dude whats your problem,aint you guys tired of all these silly,childish rantings here, ??
Re: Injuries In Anambra Communal Clash, Police Claim It Hasn't Been Briefed by Ezeufi: 3:38pm On Feb 05, 2012
What do you expect from this kind of people?

Re: Injuries In Anambra Communal Clash, Police Claim It Hasn't Been Briefed by Ejine(m): 3:49pm On Feb 05, 2012
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/35732-10-injured-in-anambra-communal-clash.html

So, let me get something straight, Ndu_Chuks. . . You were so desperate to counter the other show of embarrassment that you had to go digging back for stories that happened in 2011? You really do feel proud of yourself over this show of idiocy, don't you? Oh well, can't exactly say I'll begrudge you for being a subhuman fleshbag or anything. Hey, it's your right to be a half-wit afterall, so carry on.

As for the Admin and the SuperMod who even went ahead to front-page this old 2011 story. . . Well, I'm not really surprised at your m0ronic antics either. The fact that you even front-paged this story is enough proof to us all on your spine-shattering idiocy smiley
Re: Injuries In Anambra Communal Clash, Police Claim It Hasn't Been Briefed by aljharem(m): 4:23pm On Feb 05, 2012
Ejiné:

So, let me get something straight, Ndu_Chuks. . . You were so desperate to counter the other show of embarrassment that you had to go digging back for stories that happened in 2011? You really do feel proud of yourself over this show of idiocy, don't you? Oh well, can't exactly say I'll begrudge you for being a subhuman fleshbag or anything. Hey, it's your right to be a half-wit afterall, so carry on.

As for the Admin and the SuperMod who even went ahead to front-page this old 2011 story. . . Well, I'm not really surprised at your m0ronic antics either. The fact that you even front-paged this story is enough proof to us all on your spine-shattering idiocy smiley

slow and steady you keep showing how m0ronic you are and a tribalistic ideeiot

here is the story and it came out By Okodili Ndidi, Onitsha 16 hours 16 minutes ago

the 2011 in the link is the date is way of the Media agent categorising the link, it does not say anything about the date of the event

You m0ron tribalist smiley
Re: Injuries In Anambra Communal Clash, Police Claim It Hasn't Been Briefed by ifyalways(f): 4:46pm On Feb 05, 2012
Smoke and culture, perfect couple.
Re: Injuries In Anambra Communal Clash, Police Claim It Hasn't Been Briefed by okstol: 5:08pm On Feb 05, 2012
@alj. Imbecilic Boko Orodo Haram, aint u tired of issues concerning Ndigbo? It seems u are jobless. I kn u are better dan dis. Plz, do get a life, ait?
Re: Injuries In Anambra Communal Clash, Police Claim It Hasn't Been Briefed by Ejine(m): 5:35pm On Feb 05, 2012
They say lepers and worthless midgets have a way of trying to put their insignificant a5ses in front of people who, quite frankly, couldn't possibly care less about their miserable existence.
Right from the sadly laughable and futile Occupy Nigeria misadventure, Alh Harem, I've noticed you've been trying to have a conversation with me at all cost, even if it means you having to sound like a complete dumbasss. Well, today, I shall have the pleasure of properly exposing you for the bottom-feeding cockroach you truly are:

here is the story and it came out By Okodili Ndidi, Onitsha 16 hours 16 minutes ago
the 2011 in the link is the date is way of the Media agent categorising the link, it does not say anything about the date of the event
I've always known you to be nothing more than a bare-faced lying id!ot who does nothing but change goal posts when caught out on his miserable lies. But unfortunately for you, I was a part-time web coder whose coded news sites like the one above, and the 2011 in that sense is a nest for DATES, you half-wit pig. Here's a task for you to show you exactly how stupiid you are:
You see this link? http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/35732-10-injured-in-anambra-communal-clash.html
I want you to back-space and erase every other letter, leaving just http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php
Where does it take you? Does it not take you to a story filed way back in 2011? Or did you think you were smart, asswipe? Cuz, looking at my own browser, that directory takes me exactly back to a story written by Sam Omatseye, titled "The Almajiris". So why are you here showing your stupidiity by even trying to accost me on this issue in the first place? Or you think I'm a worthless tribalist like you, who spends every minute of his sad, hollow, miserable on NairaLand doing nothing else but type hexadecimals and hexadecimals of absolute horseshit that contributes absolutely nothing to the betterment of this country and humanity as a whole?
You think I've got the free time to spend on total nonentities like you, whose lives revolve around NairaLand like the depraved houseflies perch around puss-filled sores and abandoned lepers? Well, sorry to burst your bubble, and sorry to really not live up to your tribalist expectations, but I've got a life, and I'm quite happy with it. I socialize people, and not miserable corpses like you. So, if you're really trying to chat me up, I'm sorry to say . . . I don't swing that way.

You m0ron tribalist smiley
cheesy Neh, that's you, mister. That is you.  grin, the very depraved man who has been on NairaLand way back in 2009 as a tribalist; 2010, he's a tribalist; 2011, he's still a bigot; and 2012, he's doing the same phucking thing over and over and over again, while reality and fate pass him by. With nothing to look up to in his life, and no-one to call his own, he logs on to NairaLand to vent his frustration against reality for sodomizing him hard in his gaping a$$. He spends the little money that hardly comes by on internet subscription just to come and post links upon links of meaningless stories to affirm his tribal supremacy on a group of people who wouldn't bat an eyelid if he died of rectal cancer tomorrow.
So, tell me --- Are you not a loser?  grin

You come here thinking everyone is like you? You come here thinking everyone shares your sad story? You think everyone has the exact same hateful morally bankrupt outlook to life like you do? Tell me, exactly how sad are you?
It's only unfortunate though, because you'll forever remain nothing more than a leper and a desert rat to me. You will forever remain an iimbecile and a victim of reality throughout the days of your unfortunate miserable existence.
So you can keep drumming your worn-out tribal recitations. But trust me, the joke is on you  cool

Re: Injuries In Anambra Communal Clash, Police Claim It Hasn't Been Briefed by aljharem(m): 5:43pm On Feb 05, 2012
^^^^^^^

dumb m0ron

it happened yesterday mumu

Here is another paper if it would make you sleep

http://www.punchng.com/news/bloodbath-in-anambra-as-town-union-factions-clash/

Here are others

http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/ArtsandCulture/Art/5445881-146/Six_killed_as_Army,_police_clash.csp&usg=AFQjCNEl9wliCbRuk1VUmCNo1p6gxJCkdQ

Rather than face the topic or even OP you chose to attack Nairaland
Re: Injuries In Anambra Communal Clash, Police Claim It Hasn't Been Briefed by odumchi: 9:01pm On Feb 05, 2012
Lol, simply a reason of corrupt community "leadership" and a fed-up populace. People like that are given hundreds of thousands of naira by the Local government to oversee the welfare of the community but they end up squandering it.
Re: Injuries In Anambra Communal Clash, Police Claim It Hasn't Been Briefed by deor03(m): 9:25pm On Feb 05, 2012
When will all these madness stop.

What is the value of life in this country angry
Re: Injuries In Anambra Communal Clash, Police Claim It Hasn't Been Briefed by odumchi: 9:44pm On Feb 05, 2012
^^
Did you hear that anyone was killed?
Re: Injuries In Anambra Communal Clash, Police Claim It Hasn't Been Briefed by realkendy(f): 11:47pm On Feb 05, 2012
POST TITLE; HUSBAND AND WIFE QUARREL OVER EATING LATE YESTERNITE AT ONITSHA.PLS POST UR COMMENT.
Re: Injuries In Anambra Communal Clash, Police Claim It Hasn't Been Briefed by dayokanu(m): 5:38am On Feb 06, 2012
hmmmm
Re: Injuries In Anambra Communal Clash, Police Claim It Hasn't Been Briefed by ekwynwa: 1:46pm On Feb 06, 2012
old gist

NEXT!
grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Aregbesola In Germany For Agric Talks / Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? / 2015: SE,SS, MB, South Kaduna, All N Christians, Igbos In SW Versus NW, SW & NE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.